Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,827,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

I Just Got To The Gambia - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got To The Gambia (83306 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Remnita(f): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
mbahdi:
Sia tinubu.
My only problem here was d 223000 u paid for t.fare,give a wise guy that amount and watch him make millions out of it within months.
Secondly what business do u think will thrive there? Cause planning relocating,and again can't one go by road?cos dat amount u mentioned there is crazy wen one ain't going to america

Omo you dumb
223k poverty has finnished you
So even if you want to go to America you think it 223k you will use and pay for flight
In Nigeria you want to do business with 223k in this god forsaken country
Wake up Nigeria is doomed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
Okay
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Franklerry: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
Stay in gabon some yrs back, for three year light the not off, at time govt ask everyone to go collect free light where they sell, house rent every month no agreement and commission

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ibinaboonline: 5:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Pictures, na.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Akhee: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bullman:
I just got to The Gambia, 4hrs flight from Lagos via air peace ticket cost 223000 one way..so if you are planning for an adventure like me .. it's not a bad destination.

Dalasi to naira is about 11 naira or 10 sometimes.
The light is super stable.
The people are nice.

Once they know u are a Nigerian my guy u go pay money tire if u don't shine your eyes.. and they treat u like a celebrity.

Honestly the environment is conducive very very.. food seems cheap, houses aren't so cheap but you can pay monthly or pay 6 months. 1 year upfront rent payment doesn't happen here unless you the tenant wants to pay upfront.

Ask me anything you wana ask I will give you first hand information.

If it's business Gambia is good not better than Nigeria due to population.

Gambia has about 2 m people, Nigeria well u already know.

You can't be rich rich here..
But you can be extremely comfortable.
Their girls are really cute, extremely dark skin like some senegalese and somalis incase you like women.

And there are alot of retired white people living here ..

They take covid 19 rules very seriously.
Which investment can I start with 5million naira there.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Backlaw406(m): 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Walahi, op dey crazy, you told people to start asking any question and you would answered but no single answer to the question asked from the front page to the 9th page.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by komodapson(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
IbileIfe:
Are the Gambian girls pretty and sexy?
Are clean and hygienic?
Hygiene is top priority for sexual relationship.
Have you Banged anyone of them?

Na this women affairs sector I'm much more concerned about....
You failed to add billing and invoices...
Please , I hope Gambian ladies haven't been taught to issue invoices the way and manner Nigerian ladies taught south Africans ó?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Aaay: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
Oh
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by booblacain(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
kechywillz:
If u leave Nigeria to other African countries you will understand light issues in Nigeria will take the special grace of God for Nigeria to start having 20 hours power supply everyday,since I left Nigeria i havent slept a night without light,if the light has issues,its takes them few moments to repair it,but if it lingers ,then you will know it transformer problem,it only takes them 5-8hours to install a new transformer,once it is installed ,they will restore the light,that a country the system is working

which African country are you in?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by WarriAproko: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
No pic of girls
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Dashlish12: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Phrankin:
poor man think say N223000 na big money.
. Well it a big money to me presently In this buhari regime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Dashlish12: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
Remnita:

Omo you dumb
223k poverty has finnished you
So even if you want to go to America you think it 223k you will use and pay for flight
In Nigeria you want to do business with 223k in this god forsaken country
Wake up Nigeria is doomed
.. Yes i know business i can deal with that amount and will triple to 669k by Nov/Dec tested and trusted and guaranty

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Snitch24(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
I'm only interested in making money

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Anndrew(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jackanda1:
You can't compare Nigeria's electricity output and consumption to Gambia. We have a larger population
.this is where we get it wrong, Population mean nothing here...electricity is not a rocket science..if China with population of 1.1billions can get 24/7 uninterrupted power supply,I see no reason why we can't do that with a population of 150 up...the damn dat supply the electricity is Nigeria,oil is Nigeria..there is no excuse here...what run a country is the man power and not population..population is useless when the man power of that country is bad and poorly used.that the case of Nigeria...without sentiment,Nigeria should be one the best in the world..we have natural resources..we do well outside but very poorly at home..

10 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Starzo: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
stevelaw:
Come to Abidjan,you will be tired of ass.
Their babes Sabi whine waist for bed??...cuz naija girls na starfish o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hannover:

How much is it?
If u close eye bring out one million, you can power everything in your house till eternity, I no dey use electricity for 3 yrs now, I carry solar full my whole roof

But you can also get it for less than 400k, any amount will depend on what it can carry

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Clash01:

In jos Nigeria, I really can't remember the last time they seized our electricity, and if they do it doesn't take up to 1hr to bring it back.
Which side in Jos?
Also,is Jos peaceful now?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Tomrichie:
Op I have been in the Gambia for almost a year now.All you said is correct; Security is topnotch,the people respects each other's religion,They are extremely peaceful.. Let's hook up someday in Senegambia
How far guy ,how is the place in terms of job opportunities and business?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by kechywillz(m): 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
booblacain:

which African country are you in?
Gabon
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Marimart: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
kechywillz:

Gabon
How is it in Gambia,for someone who wants to migrate there to hussle, what's the way forward?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by TheOgaBoss: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
feelgoodstuffs:
You just got to Gambia and you know all these things within few hours?
OP how long have you been in the country? Anyways If I know when you were about to travel, would have sold you few dalasis I have left.
Seems u were formaerly in the Gambia, why not contribute more info about the country and possibly correct the op.
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by amkrocky: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Issokay guy,...Gambia,Abi?
Not UK,Canada,US,not even SA
Anyways, you've traveled out na níyen
Abegi,stop comparison
Nigeria, sabi é mate for Africa
Even them named us,African Giant
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Banbanna(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Maybe that constant light of 3 days could likely go further. Where I am in Northern Ghana, sometimes we enjoy electricity non stop for up 3 weeks. It's such a damn shame/disgrace for Nigeria. It's as if Naija is reliving the past or perhaps distant past of some these our African African neighbours.

In terms of security .. mehn I won't lie to know Nigeria still have over 50yrs to reach the gambia level thanks to corruption.. my guy the they haven't taken the light since three days now since I got here.
Compared to when I was living here things seem better honestly[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nemesis08(m): 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
welcome bro, I came here last year, its cool
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Nemesis08(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
I dey Latrikunda bros
Marimart:

How far guy ,how is the place in terms of job opportunities and business?
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by ghettochild(m): 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
janvier27:
I still don't understand why it's cheaper to fly to east African countries which are farther away than to Gambia.
They are obviously busy routes n destinations hence the cheap flights

1 Like

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:34am On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Marimart post=110726916]
How far guy ,how is the place in terms of job opportunities and business?[/quote

Job scarcity is more like an african problem
They do gambians first here.. easier to get a job when u are married to a gambian tho as a foreigner. But most nigerians over here do majorly businesses..
Ibo guys are kings in spare parts
Yoruba guys are more into transport and logistics.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:42am On Mar 04, 2022
lusid:
are their girls pretty n marriageable? Am planning to marry soon

Gambian girls with big fat ass ..
Loving and tender, most of the girls I have met
Don't seem to be materialistic at all.. they enjoy heart to heart conversation. Last one I went to the beach with paid for the cab and beverages as I was about to.. never experienced a thing like that for my full life in Nigeria grin, but I hear say e de happen . Mehn deserves to be pampered sometimes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:46am On Mar 04, 2022
panpan:

Is a covid test or covid "vaccination" required to travel to the Gambia?

What is the preferred route of travelling from Nigeria to the Gambia by road?
Is it along the coast, or through the Sahel region?

Get the vaccination card that's what I used.
And your yellow fever vaccination card too that will be all. If you come via road u will spend more than u bargained for they extort nigerians alot at every border
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2022
Peterlawyer:
Hi I'm planning on relocating there how can one get work.i hold a msc in physics with Electronics

Unless u want a teaching job that pays equivalent to 70k naira u add up other tutorials n earn better . Most people that came into the gambia from Nigeria without really knowing anyone started that way. Not necessary u have to do same tho but getting a job is Gambians first
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:00am On Mar 04, 2022
Akhee:
Which investment can I start with 5million naira there.

Building materials ..
A poultry ..
Restaurant business sells really well over here.
Raw food too.
A super market .
Those are my opinion but try n visit , do your survey then u can conclude the type of business services u intend to render..
Re: I Just Got To The Gambia by Bullman(m): 1:17am On Mar 04, 2022
Hannover:
Congratulations. Are you staying there permanently? Coz I'm thinking of moving to another country in Africa just that the job I presently do in Nigeria pay very well. But this issue of insecurity, electricity etc is making me go nuts. I'm tired of buying fuel everyday to power my house. Are they jobs there? What do you think about setting up a business there?

Will suggest u try and visit first..
There are prospects in the Gambia
As Nigerian u have an advantage cos you already know how life works. I personally do not encourage anyone to come over to get a job.. I encourage them to start up a business and be patient with it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.