Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) (47652 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Even In Nigeria" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Tribune Story. / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by showafrica(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Discovery4today:
They're doing nothing now

God is so perfect, see how he carry Buhari dash us for been extremely stupid
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by bilulu(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?
who took the govt to court so they can share the money between governors?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Subsidy was paid, meaning things were cheaper, compare the prices for rice, cement and anything then and now

What are you saying

"Subsidy was paid"....what's dat?

Rice was N10000, Cement was 2600..and so

I bought rice for 2350..in a supermarket ohh in 2001...@ Enugu

Why did the PDP THIEVES let it get to 10k

Fuel was 16.60 when PDP took over..why let it get to N94

Should we talk about cement,bread, sugar

Is that what you live for

Discussion of PEASANTRY

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

He did start and nearly complete the Kaduna-Abuja railway, and he also commenced work on 2nd Niger bridge.

He started Kaduna to Abuja rail..

He NEVER placed one shovel of sand...even a teaspoon... on the 2nd Niger bridge...don't even go there..it's my field and I have classmates working there NOW as I speak..
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
silverlinen:

Coming from a demented melt

"So how has the railway, 2nd niger bridge, roads uplift the living standard of the masses?"

Just negodi the kind of question someone that is a human is asking..

You go school so

The best developed economies on earth have the BEST Infrastructure..

Are you sure your brain is working
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by betshopagent(m): 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
flokii:
Petrol price that is still heading to #1000 per litre.. no be ab0kis wey dey power again?

Once Dangote completes his refinery, they will tell you govt. can no longer subsidize fuel and everyone must buy at fixed Dangote price. They practically open everything for Dangote from importation of machinery at no cost (duty), access to fx and several other concessions we don't know of yet, but let him start operation and see how PMS price will skyrocket just like Cement price.
you were one of buhari's zombies in 2015.what changed ?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ajericho(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

PDP didn't do anything back then to secure the future of Nigeria.
No road, electricity was epileptic, corruption was ceiling level, nothing was working in Nigeria, u were brainwashed to think things were working cos there is money to throw around

Lol,at least we could afford to feed ourselves

We were complaining then cause we know we deserve better,we needed jobs, electricity, infrastructure and lot more, but reverse is the case

No electricity, infrastructure is bang average, insecurity is now a norm, people are hungry,

For good 8 years all they do is blame the past administration, oppress the people,

Yet you claim the past administration did not plan anything for the nation's future,WHAT HAS THIS PRESENT ADMINISTRATION DONE TO EVEN MAKE US SURVIVE OUT PRESENT SITUATION,TALKLESS OF THE FUTURE

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by daHcKR: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
Decency2020:
They have hid their faces in shame but thank God internet doesn't forget.

Enoch Adeboye is no more protesting. Tunde Bakare dem.

Nonsense

Mind your words
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by oyoofong(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Are we fairing better! No protest! Hypocrites Nigerians
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ajericho(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

No road, electricity was epileptic, corruption was ceiling level, nothing was working in Nigeria, u were brainwashed to think things were working cos there is money to throw around

So corruption under Buhari isn't over the ceiling?

You claim we were brainwashed but we were actually protesting for good governance and we actually voted the government out,and what do we get? NEXT LEVEL OF SUFFERING

What's funny to me is how we even were brainwashed to vote Buhari back to power
grin

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by daHcKR: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
I find it quite illogical and fallacious for people to still debate on the country's state based on political parties. I mean why?. Parties are made up of people.. this same people switch from one party to another.
So why in the world are you still basing arguments on this political party did good or bad. The weight of competence, patriotism or leadership should be placed on the person and the administration put in place .
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by daHcKR: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
And to those that seem misinformed. Nigeria had already been on the verge of a slippery slope of inflation before Covid.
And it will get worse.
Simple truth.

What you do about that information is what you should decide else you get forced to blame yourself and feel frustratingly hopeless about the country.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Amed4bilz:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

So the value of naira should keep decreasing every year? Is that what you are insinuating? Then you are not normal.
The value of 1USD is still the same till today from then till now. Go to United States and ask them.
Stupid mofo!

You bought and used 2015 petrol in 2022.

Can you imagine the juxtaposition.

In other words, life was worse under Jonathan taking into consideration inflation and all.

Inflation that the APC caused by their incompetence and lack of planning.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by flokii: 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
betshopagent:
you were one of buhari's zombies in 2015.what changed ?

GEJ wasn't an option in 2015, not with the high rate of corruption and rot under him. It took APC to fix the runway of Abuja International Airport, something GEJ's PDP left to decay with potholes and what have you during Oil boom era. This country would have long collapsed had it been GEJ got re-elected.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by emonis88: 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
Jonathan in time of plenty was wasteful.

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

Nigeria case is lack of progressive leaders and tribalistic youths.
Lagos is what it is because of leaders that plan for the future.
look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
This one is just showing his strong hatered for the man Jonathan cus alot of southwesterns didn't like the man cus they felt marginalized during his govt. That y u see they supported APC against PDP. But now Jonathan has bn vindicated. These same southwestern governors were in the forefront then asking that the money in the excess crude account be shared. This person has also cus of his deep hatered , refused to see n acknowledge what everyone has seen, but would rather hide his head in d sand like an ostrich. But what this same person has refused to confess is that their ineptitude of their choice has brought hardships that even he is affected. But there r 3 things u can't hide in this world. The sun, the moon, n the truth.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ProfChris10(m): 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

What analogy and logic is this? How did we get here in the first place? What birthed this current inflation rate?

Don't tell me it's the pandemic please. It doesn't hold an argument.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by martooski(m): 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires

Buhari is also in the time of plenty... Jonathan even save small. What is the president saving now rent is now $110 per barrel
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by METTLESUM: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nigerians are just stupid, docile and hypocritical. They deserve this anathema.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by blackboy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
If he built that bridge you and your likes will say he used Nigerias money to develop his village. I recall backthen my northern friends told me that Bayelsa was like gold. The streets were gold. Jonathan had spent Nigeria's money in Beyelsa and they also told me confidently that the killings in the north and Boko Haram was by Jonathans people.
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Moso(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
was I lying.
GEJ is a thief, deal with the truth

Buhari is a saint? You be oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by xelly: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Remind me of Barth Nnaji's work.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Princelumide: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bunch of Hippocrates... Where are they now?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ityP(m): 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Crude oil now goes for $106 per barrel. Do u really know what time of plenty means or u just showing how low ur IQ is?
p

Don't mind those fools. I'm in shock at how foolish they can still defend Buhari and his administration

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ityP(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Anyone who argues with a Buhari supporter will usually loose some brain cells bcoz u lots are very shallow upstairs. Most of ur kind have stopped because of shame but I guess u are shameless.

Like . The guy done tire. Change and Next level wan finish that guy life.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by McTominay(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

I am not faulting anything you said apart from Lagos is what it is... Oga Lagos is something today because the federal government has invested all of Nigeria's inheritance into this state. If FG dregde the other ports in Nigeria, most Igbo people who I don't know ( might have developed 45% of Lagos) would not be staying here, likewise the Hausas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by buckeyemedia: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Crude oil now goes for $106 per barrel. Do u really know what time of plenty means or u just showing how low ur IQ is?
Hypocrite Wailer, when did crude oil become $106 a Barrel, not just last week because of the Russian invasion?

Goldman Sachs said it estimates Brent crude will average $35 per barrel in the near-term and increase to average $55 a barrel in 2022.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aa.com.tr/en/energy/energy-security/goldman-sachs-expects-full-oil-demand-recovery-in-2022/29769%3famp=1
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by betshopagent(m): 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
flokii:

GEJ wasn't an option in 2015, not with the high rate of corruption and rot under him. It took APC to fix the runway of Abuja International Airport, something GEJ's PDP left to decay with potholes and what have you during Oil boom era. This country would have long collapsed had it been GEJ got re-elected.
I am impressed! Atleast you came back to condemn buhari's failure unlike some that are still defending the monumental mannequin in aso rock.peace!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Apc and messi fans are the same.

Don't bother to argue with them

It's like talking to a wall
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by buckeyemedia: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
ityP:

Like . The guy done tire. Change and Next level wan finish that guy life.
So you want us to believe that it is because of President Vladimir Buhari that a lazy fellow like you is poor?

You must be an Almijirin, if not answer this question who is the Governor of your State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tctrills: 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUbnXZ_kbo
Below are the pictures of politicians Nollywood actress and actors who protested against Jonathan administration. One of the pictures is about the price of fuel in 2015, it was #140 Lauretta onochie nad her crew in their placard called it 419 what are they calling fuel price now? El-rufai, Dino melaye, Jide kosoko, Pastor Tunde Bakare all protested against the Jonathan administration but they're doing nothing now, what can be done to resolve the issue of fuel scarcity now? Now are calling on the crusaders of 2015 to rise up now to address the issue of fuel scarcity, high cost of living and ASUU STRIKE
Where are all these hypocrites?

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tctrills: 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

This is the time of plenty. Oil is now over $100 dollars. The youths are not the problem.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by MrSly(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?
Mumu like you is the reason why Nina is this way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Welcomed By Kano Residents While On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Abba Kyari Escapes Murder In Prison, Considered For SSS Custody / The New International Passport And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.