Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) (47684 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Even In Nigeria" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Tribune Story. / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by chuksPraise50(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

Sustained high crude oil prices....

Buhari, meanwhile, had oil consistently below $70 until 3 weeks ago, when it reached 90 dollars for the first time in his regime...which is why his loan intake was much higher than GEJ.

That does not mean that Buhari is a good leader, it means that , faced with low oil prices, he should have taken measures to diversify, and cut subsides on petrol so that investment could flow in, and government saves money. He did the opposite.

And under GEJ, we would have had more money if he had been allowed to remove subsides. Instead Nigerians said no, and GEJ ended up spending money that could have been saved or invested in new refineries and repairing our exisiting refineries, on subsidy payments. And by 2015, we were in a big mess, plus GEJ owed a lot on subsidy payments, which Buhari took five years to pay up fully. (tHERE is a reason why GEJ wanted to remove subsdies.)
No body in education sector will support all these crap....People are suffering, this is what you are coming here to say?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by flokii: 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
DeepSight:

Nigeria needs a radical population control policy, but perish the thought of ever seeing that. Northern Muslims in particular will scream blue murder at any attempt to constrict four wives and fifty children.

Those ones are another case study entirely.. the years of breeding almajiris and destitutes all in the name of marrying plenty wives and having plenty children still haven't taught most of them any lesson yet.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by michlins(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
I don't blame APC for having a field day. I blame PDP for not serving them their own dose of pills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
chuksPraise50:
No body in education sector will support all these crap....People are suffering, this is what you are coming here to say?

Eventually that for Nigeria to prosper we have to get off oil

Giid afternoon
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
COMPAQ:

If there is no subsidy petrol would be about N380-N420 at current crude prices. I know this cos in most countries I go to, petrol is just slightly cheaper than diesel.

Yes it would be, but then again we wpuld save money and we would have running refineries
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by dettolgel: 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
I know you want to box me into the corner of defending this administration's economic record but I'm too smart for that. The issue is were we right or not to protest the fuel increase by the then Jonathan administration or not? And the answer is yes. We stopped Buhari from increasing the price just last month too so no hypocrisy there

If you were smart like you claimed you would have know that it is not about boxing you in. It is all about pointing out the error in your half thought out argument. Using the covid period as an excuse to Nigerian failing economy rather than accepting the fact that from day 1 that Buhari has not made any meaningful improvement since he took office in 2015.

Sure Nigerians have the right to protest any unfavourable government decision. But the 1 million dollar question is that in this present administration we have experienced worst and none of the self acclaimed freedom fighters have taken to the street to protest the unfavourable government policy.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
flokii:

It's not a matter of what I want but what is sustainable.. in a country with the highest rate of unemployed youths and underpaid workers, any wrong political move will mar our collective destines as a people. That is what I don't want.

We are complaining of high crime rate due to hardship, yet some of you still think it's cool for prices of basic commodities to be going up. That's not in anyway fair.

Continuing with the subsidy means high debt and lota of economic crisis

Removing it potentially means more investment in private refineries and more jobs, money gets saved and can be pumped into education and health, and we save dollars meaning the value of the naira improves

If you want subsidy, then we have to pay for it by taxing every one including the 70% of taxable nigerians that don't pay income tax because they work in the informal sector to fund the subsidy

Modified

Keep in mind that years of subsidy have not improved the jobless youth issue and all the issues you mentioned. Taking money from the budget to fund the subsidy...money that would have alleviated the things you are talking about....does. No money, problem remains.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

Yes it would be, but then again we wpuld save money and we would have running refineries

I totally agree with you. The economic benefit of refining our own crude as opposed to importing is massive.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by wirinet(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
DeepSight:

But the borrowing of this gwament no get part 2 oh. Future gwaments go suffer am.
And secondly it was the APC and Buhari who cried and wept the most over subsidy. What has become of subsidy under them?

Gbam.
I was making reference to the person that lied that Jonathan increased our foreign reserves I was not making a comparison of which government borrowed more. Obviously in that competition Buhari wins hands down.

As long as the importation and sales of petrol remain in government hands, there will be always subsidy. But then we have to chose between subsidy with all its attendant corruption and wastes of the country's revenue or accept very high and unstable prices.

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Dybala11(m): 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

PDP didn't do anything back then to secure the future of Nigeria.
No road, electricity was epileptic, corruption was ceiling level, nothing was working in Nigeria, u were brainwashed to think things were working cos there is money to throw around
What is the present administration doing to secure Nigeria economically and security wise??
The future of Nigeria has been mortgaged on the altar of debt. Tomorrow you'll still go to the filling station to queue before you can get fuel, millions of other Nigerians will do same. The funny thing is that you know that we've been scammed with the anti-corruption mantra and other election promises made by the current administration, you're just too ashamed to admit the truth. Bubu, Jonathan, Tinubu etc. are all birds of corrupt entities. That's why Nigeria will still continue to battle the problems we encountered under Jonathan. It's only a change of individuals in power that took place, not a change of basic approach. An average Nigerian politician doesn't give 2 shits about the masses. grin

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Kdon2: 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
Jonathan in time of plenty was wasteful.

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

Nigeria case is lack of progressive leaders and tribalistic youths.
Lagos is what it is because of leaders that plan for the future.
look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires

Nigeria was far worse under abacha yet obasanjo came and turn things around. Stop giving stewpid excuse!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by DeepSight(m): 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
wirinet:

I was making reference to the person that lied that Jonathan increased our foreign reserves I was not making a comparison of which government borrowed more. Obviously in that competition Buhari wins hands down.

I know, me sef just dey digress
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by DRCIC(m): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Gross ignorance

Michelle70:

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by DeepSight(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Lagos is what it is because it was the capital of Nigeria for almost a century and remains the economic nerve-centre of Nigeria.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Zorn: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
so u think because oil is $106, Nigeria will automatically become heaven?

Some of u, when ur parents made their first N1m, mark zuckerberg wasn't even born.
They probably saw money before Otedola sef.

Only those who plant a seed today, will get a tree in the next 20yrs.
Imagine when a party slogan is "PDP, chop the money", no good roads, no institution, no future planning, just steal and chop money.

Where do we plan to fall to when the money isn't there again?
you shamelessly keep defending the indefensible ?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Formation10: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
All dose who are saying PDP did not do anything abeg what has APC done for me dis is d most corrupt President in African intact all over d world who like me e gree who like make e no gree i no say na we all dey feel d pain now

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by jrusky(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Yea how I wish I can see one of the fool in the crown to daze him a iron slap.

So what do we call apc shit now? I guess "619" bitch.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by chuksPraise50(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dybala11:

What is the present administration doing to secure Nigeria economically and security wise??
The future of Nigeria has been mortgaged on the altar of debt. Tomorrow you'll still go to the filling station to queue before you can get fuel, millions of other Nigerians will do same. The funny thing is that you know that we've been scammed with the anti-corruption mantra and other election promises made by the current administration, you're just too ashamed to admit the truth. Bubu, Jonathan, Tinubu etc. are all birds of corrupt entities. That's why Nigeria will still continue to battle the problems we encountered under Jonathan. It's only a change of individuals in power that took place, not a change of basic approach. An average Nigerian politician doesn't give 2 shits about the masses. grin
God bless you big-time.you nailed it
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by hotseat: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
In all purpose and intent, the APC never had a blueprint for administration.

They simply capitalized on the general mood of despair in the land at the time to launch themselves into power.

Now we know better?

I guess not.

If there was a constitutional provision for Bubu to contest for a third term, most Nigerians would still vote him in.

Na our way!

Those who spearheaded those protests have become weary and forlorn.

Bubu's body odour has put them in check!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by oloriooko(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
your own on scatter finish no remedy for your generation unborn join
just listen to this slowpoke supporting this clueless old hag liar whose lies know no bound.
GEJ is a thief but buhari is a bigger clueless lying thief

Michelle70:
was I lying.
GEJ is a thief, deal with the truth
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
You're ignorant about current world economic trends that's why you blame Buhari for your present economic woes. Listen here the whole world economy is currently undergoing inflationary pressures due to the economic recession brought about by the corvid 19 pandemic and not just Nigeria alone. The USA is experiencing its highest inflation rate in 40 years long before you were even born. The price of wheat has gone up 33%, maize 50% and vegetable oil 100% worldwide (Source; UNFAO). I guess Buhari is to blame for all of that too
in 2015... Spaghetti was 150.
In 2019 it came 250/280.
Abi is that not inflation before 2020?

You guys keep using 2020 as an excuse but before 2020 there was an increase in everything.
For instance a mudu of rice 2015 was 300-350. 2019 it became 500-600.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ
That's why you supported Buhari. Has he improved Nigeria? Is Nigeria better today than in 2015?

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by skyp(m): 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
As far as I am concerned Jonathan remain the worst President we ever had. Nigeria as a nation made so much money in its time, but it was as if no one was in control. At a point in his time, crude oil was sold above $120 a barrel. If he was diligent and prudent in spending during his time Nigerians probably wouldn't be going through this level of hardship.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Crude oil now goes for $106 per barrel. Do u really know what time of plenty means or u just showing how low ur IQ is?

As of January,crude oil wasn't even $75.

GEJ had it very good with price of crude over 100 dollars for at least 3 years and running..

What did he do with that

No railway,No 2nd Niger Bridge,No roads, NOTHING!!!!!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
ifiokjohn:
in 2015... Spaghetti was 150.
In 2019 it came 250/280.
Abi is that not inflation before 2020?

You guys keep using 2020 as an excuse but before 2020 there was an increase in everything.
For instance a mudu of rice 2015 was 300-350. 2019 it became 500-600.
They didn't tell nigerians they would be adjusting to world inflation, a privilege Jonathan was allowed to enjoy.

They also said they'd build one refinery every year, this is year 7, please can they show us where the refineries are, or is it because Russia invaded Ukraine, that's why they haven't built any so far?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by silverlinen(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

who brought plenty? Nigeria had plenty when the whites were here, even after the whites left we were cool, dont even think it was PDP that brought plenty

who took plenty corruption, issurgents, tribalism, terrorism, partisan, religion differences, secessionist agenda
So tribalism, religion differences, terrorism, partisanship, secessionist agendas peaked under PDP abi?
When chibok girls were kidnapped, the whole world no hear word, under this your APC led govt, can you count how many school children that has been kidnapped?
Insecurity, food prices and partisanship is at it's peak under this govt and you dare compare it with GEJ govt?
Better rest mbok

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by hush15: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Now is the time of.... meanwhile the price of crude have been consistently high for up to a year plus now
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kabongo1:

They didn't tell nigerians they would be adjusting to world inflation, a privilege Jonathan was allowed to enjoy.

They also said they'd build one refinery every year, this is year 7, please can they show us where the refineries are, or is it because Russia invaded Ukraine, that's why they haven't built any so far?
Don't mind the idiots. Always finding excuses for Buharis failures.
In2019 they give excuses of oil prices. Today they're talking of Covid.
Covid no affect Rwanda? How come they're doing pretty good? Simple -Good leadership

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
immortalcrown:

Who brought the plenty and who took the plenty?
Jonathan increased the nation's foreign reserve and also offered an affordable cost of living. Where is the wastefulness? Between the foreign reserve and the cost of living, did Jonathan improve one at the expense of the other? I ask again, where is Jonathan's wastefulness?

Dis you just say GEJ INCREASED Nigeria's foreign reserves?

YOU ARE A PATHOLICAL LYING MACHINE!!!

GEJ that dwindled the reserves from 69Billion dollars to 28Billion dollars?

This guy ehhh..

You can cause 3rd world war with your lies..

How old are you this little hating DUNDERHEAD??!

Okonjo Iweala even said as of Nov 2013,that NIGERIA was borrowing to pay salaries...

By March 2015,28 states couldn't pay salaries of their citizens..

Under Bubu, the nation's foreign reserve has drastically reduced and the cost of living is getting unbearably higher.

Between Bubu and Jonathan, who formed and used better economic policies?
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by silverlinen(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

As of January,crude oil wasn't even $75.

GEJ had it very good with price of crude over 100 dollars for at least 3 years and running..

What did he do with that

No railway,No 2nd Niger Bridge,No roads, NOTHING!!!!!
So how has the railway, 2nd niger bridge, roads uplift the living standard of the masses?
But rather the country keeps on regressing and the populace keep suffering more.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
immortalcrown:

Who brought the plenty and who took the plenty?
Jonathan increased the nation's foreign reserve and also offered an affordable cost of living. Where is the wastefulness? Between the foreign reserve and the cost of living, did Jonathan improve one at the expense of the other? I ask again, where is Jonathan's wastefulness?

Under Bubu, the nation's foreign reserve has drastically reduced and the cost of living is getting unbearably higher.

Between Bubu and Jonathan, who formed and used better economic policies?
Did you just say GEJ INCREASED Nigeria's foreign reserves?

JESUS!!!!!!

YOU ARE A PATHOLICAL LYING MACHINE!!!

GEJ that dwindled the reserves from 69Billion dollars to 28Billion dollars?

This guy ehhh..

You can cause 3rd world war with your lies..

How old are you this little hating DUNDERHEAD??!

Okonjo Iweala even said as of Nov 2013,that NIGERIA was borrowing to pay salaries...

By March 2015,28 states couldn't pay salaries of their citizens..

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
silverlinen:

So how has the railway, 2nd niger bridge, roads uplift the living standard of the masses?
But rather the country keeps on regressing and the populace keep suffering more.

You are UNINTELLIGENT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crude Oil Thieves’ Major Export Pipeline, Platform Uncovered In Delta State / How Bandit’s Wife Secretly Untied 11 Abducted Katsina Muslim Worshipers / Patience Jonathan Spotted In Her Hometown, Okrika. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.