Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) (47592 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Even In Nigeria" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Tribune Story. / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Echoban: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
AchalugoNwa:
this is one of the reasons SE/SS will never forgive the gross betrayal suffered in the hands of SW.

Same people now are campaigning for their shitty shitty son and hoping to get SE/SS votes

God forbid!
we'll rather vote something worse than buhari.

I hate betrayals

Ask those who became politically irrelevant since 20years, ur tribe and them has the same thing in common.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
Jonathan in time of plenty was wasteful.

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

Nigeria case is lack of progressive leaders and tribalistic youths.
Lagos is what it is because of leaders that plan for the future.
look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
you need to work on your IQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Sleekfingers: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
AchalugoNwa:
this is one of the reasons SE/SS will never forgive the gross betrayal suffered in the hands of SW.

Same people now are campaigning for their shitty shitty son and hoping to get SE/SS votes

God forbid!
we'll rather vote something worse than buhari.

I hate betrayals

Did the southwest owe you guys anything,? We are in a democracy....it is our right to pitch our tent with any candidate of our choice.....no be only betrayal , na betable..... bunch of confused people.......

Didnt the southwest voted for that mumu jonathan in 2011? How did you think, he became the president? Is by your insignificant votes from the southeast and South south?

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by InHeaven(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
When was this experienced? Is it up to a month now?

How long did Jonathan enjoyed $110-120 a barrel? Just a month as well?

Now be the judge
boyfrank:

Crude oil now goes for $106 per barrel. Do u really know what time of plenty means or u just showing how low ur IQ is?

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Funflipper: 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Discovery4today:
They're doing nothing now

They have all realized they were only used to take out their own by the hausa/fulani oligarchs.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Theunbothered: 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
InHeaven:
Yes, compare to GEJ's tenure. We shouldn't let emotions cloud our sense of judgement.

Even of recent that oil price surge, it hasn't still reach what GEJ enjoyed during his tenure which was embezzled by his cronies

We voted change yet things got worse

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Passionate888: 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ
You're a terrible liar. That Mbiama bridge was contracted by the PDP government of GEJ along with the East West road

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
The same clique that criticized him are wearing his shoes now, and I can definitely say they performed worse. angry

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by doshiyad1: 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires

Hmmm! word!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Jmichael1(m): 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
GEJ is a thief
wat will u say abt ur lord and saviour buhari?

3 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by talktimi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
immortalcrown:

Who brought the plenty and who took the plenty?
Jonathan increased the nation's foreign reserve and also offered an affordable cost of living. Where is the wastefulness? Between the foreign reserve and the cost of living, did Jonathan improve one at the expense of the other? I ask again, where is Jonathan's wastefulness?

Under Bubu, the nation's foreign reserve has drastically reduced and the cost of living is getting unbearably higher.

Between Bubu and Jonathan, who formed and used better economic policies?
Bros, tell him to look at Nigeria's current foreign reserves whether he won't come back weeping grin

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Imbecilicsamuel: 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
It's never about the people but themselves. They only use all these tactics as a front to deceive gullible nizoorians.

Nizoorians naturally have bipolar disorder...how much more the leaders. Abi you no see say jidekosoko dey there?

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by SmartPolician: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
immortalcrown:

Who brought the plenty and who took the plenty?
Jonathan increased the nation's foreign reserve and also offered an affordable cost of living. Where is the wastefulness? Between the foreign reserve and the cost of living, did Jonathan improve one at the expense of the other? I ask again, where is Jonathan's wastefulness?

Under Bubu, the nation's foreign reserve has drastically reduced and the cost of living is getting unbearably higher.

Between Bubu and Jonathan, who formed and used better economic policies?

Jonathan was a veryyyyyyyy wasteful leader. Yar'Adua was the leader who massively increased the foreign reserves. Please Jonathan didn't increase the foreign reserves. Instead, he was spending from it and still spending from the excess crude account.

Jonathan made Okonjo-Iweala look so horrible because while the woman was trying to convince governors to save for the country, Jonathan was giving instructions that the money be squandered.

That's why Amaechi and others insisted that the money be shared when Okonjo-Iweala was asking that we save the money.

Just like Buhari, Jonathan, a broke man from riverine Nigeria, saw billions of dollars in foreign reserves and forgot diversification he used to sing like a song.

However, I have to be fair to Jonathan because he was able to revive the railways - something that collapsed before he came in. At least I travelled from Enugu to Port Harcourt in one of the trains in 2014. He also built new universities and almajiri schools, and upgraded the airports.

Just before you think that I am an APC minion (because you people have senselessly divided the entire country into APC and PDP), Buhari is even worse because it appears he doesn't have a brain let alone being able to think.

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Roger3D(m): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
dettolgel:

Between 2015 and 2019 there was no Covid can you please remind us what the economy looks like then? grin
I know you want to box me into the corner of defending this administration's economic record but I'm too smart for that. The issue is were we right or not to protest the fuel increase by the then Jonathan administration or not? And the answer is yes. We stopped Buhari from increasing the price just last month too so no hypocrisy there

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Handsum64: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
But true to God that Jonathan was truly clueless
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Roger3D(m): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
PENISgod:
I personally did not want to comment on this thread but this your comment really infuriated me...

You are bastard, a very useless and senseless bastard..
Idiot
Okay man grin
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Read your post again and think as a human

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by nedekid: 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

There has been "plenty" for over 1 year now as oil price had been high. As of today oil is about $105 and raising.
Hope we will see how the current regime wount be wasteful and have their minions give excuses for incompetence.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by InHeaven(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
We're all disappointed, our expectations was quite higher than this.

Meanwhile it doesn't make GEJ better than Buhari. That's just the fact, at least we're experiencing infrastructural development.
Theunbothered:

We voted change yet things got worse
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by avalon7(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

who brought plenty? Nigeria had plenty when the whites were here, even after the whites left we were cool, dont even think it was PDP that brought plenty

who took plenty corruption, issurgents, tribalism, terrorism, partisan, religion differences, secessionist agenda

Stop moving the goal post. You came to this thread talking like Johnathan was to blame for the poor economic condition of Nigeria that this current administration brought about. " Time of plenty and time of lack". All stats show that buhari has spent most of our foreign reserve and yet seems to have done nothing with it, worst than any previous administration

Why are some people always eager to defend this buhari led administration when it is clear that it has failed!

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Just shows how Nigerians then did not care to understand why subsidy needed to be removed
And back then, GEJ did not just attempt to remove subsidy, we got months of government information as to why subsidy had to go.

Hey, it convinced me back then.

Now here we are because we did not listen to sensible advice. Instead, we wanted cheap cheap fuel
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by InHeaven(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
You've spoken very well
Michelle70:

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Iglesia02(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121 .Karma.lpost=110709508:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUbnXZ_kbo
Below are the pictures of politicians Nollywood actress and actors who protested against Jonathan administration. One of the pictures is about the price of fuel in 2015, it was #140 Lauretta onochie nad her crew in their placard called it 419 what are they calling fuel price now? El-rufai, Dino melaye, Jide kosoko, Pastor Tunde Bakare all protested against the Jonathan administration but they're doing nothing now, what can be done to resolve the issue of fuel scarcity now? Now are calling on the crusaders of 2015 to rise up now to address the issue of fuel scarcity, high cost of living and ASUU STRIKE
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by anyilalaz: 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:

You mean Buhari's time is not a time of plenty?

As we are talking now, Brent crude is hovering between 113.14 to 115.08 dollars.

With official production of 2.5 million barrel per day (corrupt/undisclosed volume is 5.6million barrel per day).

Do the calculation and you will know Buhari do not have any money to run the country.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by sotall(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

And to protest now isnt justified?

See mumu reasoning.

Everything that use to be affordable has gone up in prices more than 3 times ....isnt that eniugh reason to protest?

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by anonymuz(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
kelechi50:
what can be done to resolve the issue of fuel scarcity now? We are calling on the crusaders of 2015 to rise up now to address the issue of fuel scarcity, high cost of living and ASUU STRIKE.
As they did then or has anything changed
they will not come out because the ashamed of themselves.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Roger3D(m): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
sotall:

[s]And to protest now isnt justified?

See mumu reasoning.

Everything that use to be affordable has gone up in prices more than 3 times ....isnt that eniugh reason to protest?[/s]
I beg next
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Bobloco: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Echoban:

U're mumu man..

Absolute one

U're a mumu man, An absolute one at that
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by avalon7(m): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified
False!

N140 in 2012 is not equivalent to N350 now, stop being silly and also who is to blame for the level of inflation? The irresponsible government borrowing money, devaluing our naira and doing nothing with the money borrowed.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by nedekid: 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
PENISgod:
I personally did not want to comment on this thread but this your comment really infuriated me...

You are bastard, a very useless and senseless bastard..
Idiot
Lolz,
I feel your anger based on the crap that fellow wrote.
But calm down, no need to go the insulting route.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by betshopagent(m): 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
The answer to your question lies on the Belle of Jide Kososoko on the last pic.See as the stomach come big.Na who chop belle full dey do riot/I no go gree.Now hunger don humble every 'sai baba zombie'.Even manna de vulture griller,helinues and other popular zombies have been humbled.make I no just talk my mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu: A.P.C Group Calls For Adoption Of Ezekiel Afunkoyo As Vice President / LIVE !!! Fighter Jet Around Niger-Delta Region... / Emeka Ojukwu Jnr Joins APC At APC Mega Rally In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.