Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,777 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia (1865 Views)

They Sold Fraudulent Muslim-Muslim Ticket To Us, Now Muslims Are Bombed - Yusuf / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Nigerian Muslims Chanting Death To America And Israel / Saudi Iranian Rivalry Polarizes Nigerian Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2022
Now this isn't meant to be bigoted in any way, I'm simply stating an observation. I've noticed that amongst my friends and contacts, the ones mostly in support of Putin (and Russia) are Muslims, and at that, mainly those of Northern extraction.

The reason for this is not far-fetched: they aren't necessarily in support of Russia's invasion or against Ukraine, they are simply against the USA's interests. Northern Muslims have this inbred aversion to American concerns owing to the US's long-standing battles with extremist Islamic countries and ideologies. Unfortunately, hardline Islamic preachers and clerics have painted America as being anti-Islam and this antipathy has trickled down to the masses who take this uninformed stance, forgetting that the USA also waged wars in Vietnam and Korea, which are not Muslim nations. The USA also had major differences with Cuba, an overwhelmingly Catholic nation, that culminated in the Cuban Missile Crisis during Fidel Castro's rule. What about Noreaga, the Panamanian dictator who was ousted by a US-led invasion?

Now the most laughable aspect of these pro-Putin Africans is that they compare Russia and Israel. Their sentiment is straightforward: if you are complaining about Russia's invasion of Ukraine, you also have to complain about Israel's antics in Palestine. However, as any student of history worth his salt knows, you cannot even compare the two situations. In fact, Russia is even more akin to Israel in the sense that the same way Israel is displacing Palestinians from their ancestral homes (which historically belonged first to the Israelis) is the same way much of the Donbas regions were depopulated of their ethnic Ukrainian population and replaced with Russians. That is the major reason why those regions are even pro-Russian to begin with.

Omo make I relax.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Ecos(m): 11:24am On Mar 03, 2022
Dem like seeing blood. Most of them na terrorist

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Truthisunique2: 11:26am On Mar 03, 2022
Who cares

Nigeria support Ukraine

If Russia dey send missiles Na all Nigerians go suffer am

Kabiru still dey USA embassy dey battle ticket to enter west and claim equal right grin grin grin equal right no dey for communists states o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by CyberHustle: 11:37am On Mar 03, 2022
One of Russia's main ally, China, is known to harvest organs from religious people as part of their effort at suppressing them. When China and Russia gain more grounds is when muslims will know America has been too soft.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Nukilia: 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please face your palm wine business and leave international politics grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Who cares

Nigeria support Ukraine

If Russia dey send missiles Na all Nigerians go suffer am

Kabiru still dey USA embassy dey battle ticket to enter west and claim equal right grin grin grin equal right no dey for communists states o

My brother the thing defy all rationality. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
CyberHustle:
One of Russia's main ally, China, is known to harvest organs from religious people as part of their effort at suppressing them. When China and Russia gain more grounds is when muslims will know America has been too soft.

I don't know about the bolded bro, but communism is vehemently anti-religion.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nukilia:
Please face your palm wine business and leave international politics grin grin grin

grin grin grin
I dey find angel investors. You fit contribute
Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by ebufa: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
DanseMacabre:
Now this isn't meant to be bigoted in any way, I'm simply stating an observation. I've noticed that amongst my friends and contacts, the ones mostly in support of Putin (and Russia) are Muslims, and at that, mainly those of Northern extraction.

The reason for this is not far-fetched: they aren't necessarily in support of Russia's invasion or against Ukraine, they are simply against the USA's interests. Northern Muslims have this inbred aversion to American concerns owing to the US's long-standing battles with extremist Islamic countries and ideologies. Unfortunately, hardline Islamic preachers and clerics have painted America as being anti-Islam and this antipathy has trickled down to the masses who take this uninformed stance, forgetting that the USA also waged wars in Vietnam and Korea, which are not Muslim nations. The USA also had major differences with Cuba, an overwhelmingly Catholic nation, that culminated in the Cuban Missile Crisis during Fidel Castro's rule. What about Noreaga, the Panamanian dictator who was ousted by a US-led invasion?

Now the most laughable aspect of these pro-Putin Africans is that they compare Russia and Israel. Their sentiment is straightforward: if you are complaining about Russia's invasion of Ukraine, you also have to complain about Israel's antics in Palestine. However, as any student of history worth his salt knows, you cannot even compare the two situations. In fact, Russia is even more akin to Israel in the sense that the same way Israel is displacing Palestinians from their ancestral homes (which historically belonged first to the Israelis) is the same way much of the Donbas regions were depopulated of their ethnic Ukrainian population and replaced with Russians. That is the major reason why those regions are even pro-Russian to begin with.

Omo make I relax.

That is where you completely miss the point, the major immediate motivator of this unnecessary crisis is Great Britain.....a keen follower of global geopolitics will know this..........when it comes to underhand hanky-panky no nation tops the UK............leaving EU has left them vulnerable, the only way to shore up her fortunes is to move closer to her natural allies the USA, Canada and Australia.....the whole global reset and covid crisis is all part of their plan.........watch this space!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
ebufa:

That is where you completely miss the point, the major immediate motivator of this unnecessary crisis is Great Britain.....a keen follower of global geopolitics will know this..........when it comes to underhand hanky-panky no nation tops the UK............leaving EU has left them vulnerable, the only way to shore up her fortunes is to move closer to her natural allies the USA, Canada and Australia.....the whole global reset and covid crisis is all part of their plan.........watch this space!

I think you missed my point bro. I'm only saying most acquaintances of mine who are northern Muslims support Russia because Russia is anti-America.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by LegendHero(m): 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
DanseMacabre:

I think you missed my point bro. I'm only saying most acquaintances of mine who are northern Muslims support Russia because Russia is anti-America.

Wait let me ask you a question and answer truthfully.

Why do most Nigerians hate the UK?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by System202: 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
U are just bigot,first u people Blame IPOB and now Muslims. just because Muslims in ur contact support Russia, that means Cristians also are not supporting Russia, or must we support what u like? of all the atrocities that USA has committed u support them blindly just bcs u think they are Cristian Nation and are dealing with Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by tamdun: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Two Christian countries are killing each other and this one as usual is looking for a way to blame Muslims

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Jones4190(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
I PERSONARY SUPORT RUSSIA

When NATO murdered Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, Western media called it "Military intervention" and they no longer bother to report that the evil military action led by Obama has left the country in worse condition.
George Walker Bush and Tony Blair lied that Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti has weapon of mass destruction (WMD) just to invade Iraq. After they destroyed the country and captured Saddam Hussein who was consequently executed, Bush said "We do not know whether or not (Iraq) has nuclear weapon." Both men who engineered a tragedy that took over 250,000 lives are not even facing trials for war crimes. Western media do not paint them in bad light as it ought to be.
Western media will not tell you that Ukraine has been forcing Luhansk and Donetsk regions to be part of it, in spite of vast majority of the people choosing to be independent via a referendum. What they want you to believe is that Vladimir Putin is bullying innocent Ukraine for pleasure.
Western media will not tell you that trampling on Ukraine's sovereignty is not Moscow Kremlin's main aim but survival against US-led NATO's encroachment, with the insistence on admitting Ukraine into NATO after allowing other Eastern European countries: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia to join.
America can recognise the independence of Taiwan but Russia cannot recognise the independence of Luhansk and Donetsk.
America can recognise Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel but Russia cannot take back its people in Crimean Peninsula after they voted to join them.
Western media want you to believe that the West is always right while Russia and China are the perpetual bad guys.

Here is a brief summary of NATO activities

NATO has made :
14,500 dead in Libya
165,000 dead in Afghanistan
224,000 dead in Syria
1,200,000 dead in Iraq
It didn't shock anyone.
None of these countries has been sanctioned.
Russia starts a war in Ukraine and leaves barely 200 mostly military dead that everyone is shocked.
Does NATO has a moral grounds to rebuke Russia?
Question for another day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by adedehinbo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jones4190:

When NATO murdered Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, Western media called it "Military intervention" and they no longer bother to report that the evil military action led by Obama has left the country in worse condition.
George Walker Bush and Tony Blair lied that Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti has weapon of mass destruction (WMD) just to invade Iraq. After they destroyed the country and captured Saddam Hussein who was consequently executed, Bush said "We do not know whether or not (Iraq) has nuclear weapon." Both men who engineered a tragedy that took over 250,000 lives are not even facing trials for war crimes. Western media do not paint them in bad light as it ought to be.
Western media will not tell you that Ukraine has been forcing Luhansk and Donetsk regions to be part of it, in spite of vast majority of the people choosing to be independent via a referendum. What they want you to believe is that Vladimir Putin is bullying innocent Ukraine for pleasure.
Western media will not tell you that trampling on Ukraine's sovereignty is not Moscow Kremlin's main aim but survival against US-led NATO's encroachment, with the insistence on admitting Ukraine into NATO after allowing other Eastern European countries: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia to join.
America can recognise the independence of Taiwan but Russia cannot recognise the independence of Luhansk and Donetsk.
America can recognise Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel but Russia cannot take back its people in Crimean Peninsula after they voted to join them.
Western media want you to believe that the West is always right while Russia and China are the perpetual bad guys.

NATO has made :
14,500 dead in Libya
224,000 dead in Syria
1,200,000 dead in Iraq
It didn't shock anyone.
Russia starts a war in Ukraine and leaves barely 200 mostly military dead that everyone is shocked.
Question for another day
don't mind them jare,some Africans re just hypocrite, america is the number one cuprit creating crises globally

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2022
dansemacabre can you then please tell us why those who are not Muslims mostly do not support Putin from your observation? We have read your reasons why Muslims support Putin. Tell us why non Muslims particularly Christians do not support Putin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by chamboy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jones4190:

NATO has made :
14,500 dead in Libya
224,000 dead in Syria
1,200,000 dead in Iraq
It didn't shock anyone.
Question for another day

Lybia stupidity empowered boko haram. Imagine, how we have to deal with the fact NATO kept giving Libya militants weapon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jones4190:

NATO has made :
14,500 dead in Libya
224,000 dead in Syria
1,200,000 dead in Iraq
It didn't shock anyone.
Question for another day

You just summoned it up. I love this. Don’t mind those victims of western propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by sinkhole: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Both Russia and Ukraine are Orthodox Christian countries and both of them are praying to God, through Jesus for victory in battle! I wonder whose prayer Jesus will forward to God now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by talk2hb1(m): 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
DanseMacabre:

Omo make I relax.
I guess you are not in support of common senses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by ChangedMan1999(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
What a foolish post

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by naija4life247: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2022
YES, because Russians too are Muslims.

The OP is definitely suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by ArewaNorth: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
DanseMacabre:

Omo make I relax.

You have lost ur humanity for supporting US atrocities on people by delusionally thinking that US is a God's own land while contrary to ur believe US is built on evil and propagation of evil.
US created and sponsored all insurrections and uprises in Islamic Nations and after using them they tag them as terrorists. Hillary Clinton confessed that US created Taliban to fight Russia, US created and funded ISIS activities to fight Pro-Russian Govt just like they created Taliban. Many people defend their Nations and US call them terrorists but if they're their ally they call them freedom fighters. How on eath can u support US for spilling the blood of more than 1.5m Iraqi people and expect Muslims to support them. Do u really know Iraq and how US destroyed them now? You don't have heart in ur chest but a gabnage bin!
Look at Libya, Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan, they're all in difficult situation because of US policies of imposing the so called democracy in other people's land which doesn't conform the culture and traditions of others.
Forget history that u and I don't know but it is obvious there was no Israel before 1945. After they were given land around Palestine area, Israel started annexing and grabbing their land and Palestinians defend their land and u and Westerners out of bigotry call them terrorists.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ecos:
Dem like seeing blood. Most of them na terrorist

Both Muslim in the North and Christian in South East are fanatics. They need to rest

Ipob terrorist ideology is well grounded in igbo culture of intolerance
Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by Ecos(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
SlyDev:

Both Muslim in the North and Christian in South East are fanatics. They need to rest

Ipob terrorist ideology is well grounded in igbo culture of intolerance
Who is this mumu blabbing here.?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
System202:
U are just bigot,first u people Blame IPOB and now Muslims. just because Muslims in ur contact support Russia, that means Cristians also are not supporting Russia, or must we support what u like? of all the atrocities that USA has committed u support them blindly just bcs u think they are Cristian Nation and are dealing with Muslims.

You totally missed my point. The USA doesn't even have any horse to back in this fight. Britain is the chief instigator.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
tamdun:
Two Christian countries are killing each other and this one as usual is looking for a way to blame Muslims

I am not blaming Muslims. It seems comprehension isn't one of your strong points.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jones4190:

NATO has made :
14,500 dead in Libya
224,000 dead in Syria
1,200,000 dead in Iraq
It didn't shock anyone.
Question for another day

Bro I'm not in any way absolving NATO of her wrongs or part in this crisis. I'm just asserting that most of the Northerners supporting Russia are doing so to spite America, without necessarily understanding the politics at play here.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
Blablamalala:
dansemacabre can you then please tell us why those who are not Muslims mostly do not support Putin from your observation? We have read your reasons why Muslims support Putin. Tell us why non Muslims particularly Christians do not support Putin.

Two wrongs do not make a right. The fact that America and NATO got away with their war crimes does not make Russia right for invading and attempting to occupy another sovereign nation.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
naija4life247:
YES, because Russians too are Muslims.

The OP is definitely suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.

I hope you can sleep well at night now, having diagnosed me with your malaise.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by JAMO84: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
America is the most hypocritical Nation in the World.

They framed Iraq, claimed Saddam had nuclear weapons and destroy the country. After killing thousands for 12 years, not a single nuclear weapon has been found, and America has refused to apologise and pull out of Iraq.

If America could go half way around the world to fight countries they see as threats to their national security, why can't Russians fight a threat that's closest to them?

CAN AMERICA ALLOW RUSSIA OR CHINA TO HAVE MILITARY BASE IN MEXICO OR CUBA?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Are In Support Of Russia by DanseMacabre(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
ArewaNorth:

You have lost ur humanity for supporting US atrocities on people by delusionally thinking that US is a God's own land while contrary to ur believe US is built on evil and propagation of evil.
US created and sponsored all insurrections and uprises in Islamic Nations and after using them they tag them as terrorists. Hillary Clinton confessed that US created Taliban to fight Russia, US created and funded ISIS activities to fight Pro-Russian Govt just like they created Taliban. Many people defend their Nations and US call them terrorists but if they're their ally they call them freedom fighters. How on eath can u support US for spilling the blood of more than 1.5m Iraqi people and expect Muslims to support them. Do u really know Iraq and how US destroyed them now? You don't have heart in ur chest but a gabnage bin!
Look at Libya, Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan, they're all in difficult situation because of US policies of imposing the so called democracy in other people's land which doesn't conform the culture and traditions of others.
Forget history that u and I don't know but it is obvious there was no Israel before 1945. After they were given land around Palestine area, Israel started annexing and grabbing their land and Palestinians defend their land and u and Westerners out of bigotry call them terrorists.

Why all this angst bro Drink a cup of cold Coke and calm down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Picture That's Giving Me Goose Bump / What Ignorant Minds Doesn't Know About New Voters Registration(photos) / Tinubu's Unknown Bishop Busted (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.