Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" - Foreign Affairs (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" (69383 Views)

Russia Suspends Forex Sales Until September 9 / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 9:48am On Mar 04, 2022
mrvitalis:
I was waiting for this ...next is to kick them out of the international space station

Let EU and USA learn to build space station

Guy get sense... Iss is jointly owned and the responsibility for it maintenance is equal shared.. The station is divided in two.. Russia provides energy through propulsion engine while the us is responsible for human life and

Nobody owns the station Russia cannot kick out anybody.. They can only leave the iss
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 9:51am On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Ode. 80% of the international space station was built by the US.

U dey mind the fooll. Responsibility was only shared due to cost
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2022
Bodmum:
ignore that bushman

Those ones they watch press TV
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Idaytesj29(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

USSR was the first country to visit the moon. She is a pioneer in space tech. And stop abusing people while trying to make a point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Jeromejnr(m): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2022
goodheart01:

Oga first of all this ain’t about America vs Russia just as your feeble mindset is telling u, that’s why I gave u those European names. Moreover I was answering u based on your submissions. U said the solar cell was invented by a Russian i corrected u and here u go again chaining mouth to say that doesn’t mean it was only invented by an American.

What’s important is who invented it first

Read all you wrote there and read mine again without bias and see who is wrong. The question is who invented first and not who commercialized or developed. Most of those guys u mentioned up there weren’t the first inventors but they continued other people’s work. Don’t let your Russia wannabe dreams becloud your sense of reasoning and judgement. Even anybody who reads what we both wrote can always tell u who is right.

Oga, it's like you have problem reading and making arguments.

The quote you replied to initially focused on benefit to the world in our modern era. The dude who I Initially replied was saying Russia hasn't done Jack.

But because you are blinded by your own perception trying to drive that you are smart, you went off tangent.

BTW it was even a French person who first invented the helicopter and we can go back as far as to Leonardo Da vinci as attributed by most with his helicopter designs.

Europeans have the highest inventions and not your America you worship.

The point is who first invented something that benefited mankind commercially. No body cares if you have a space jetpack you designed in your home No body benefits from.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by goodheart01: 10:29am On Mar 04, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Oga, it's like you have problem reading and making arguments.

The quote you replied to initially focused on benefit to the world in our modern era. The dude who I Initially replied was saying Russia hasn't done Jack.

But because you are blinded by your own perception trying to drive that you are smart, you went off tangent.

BTW it was even a French person who first invented the helicopter and we can go back as far as to Leonardo Da vinci as attributed by most with his helicopter designs.

Europeans have the highest inventions and not your America you worship.

The point is who first invented something that benefited mankind commercially. No body cares if you have a space jetpack you designed in your home No body benefits from.

I didn’t bother reading because I don’t make arguments out of bitterness. It’s all stale now so I’ll pass. Pls check the next door
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Jeromejnr(m): 10:29am On Mar 04, 2022
goodheart01:

I didn’t bother reading because I don’t make arguments out of bitterness. It’s all stale now so I’ll pass. Pls check the next door

Lol..na so.

Don't spread lies next time
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 11:00am On Mar 04, 2022
Idaytesj29:

USSR was the first country to visit the moon. She is a pioneer in space tech. And stop abusing people while trying to make a point.
Neil Armstrong of the US was the first to visit the moon.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 11:03am On Mar 04, 2022
Alusiizizi:

My question was more specific. Science/Engineering and Math departments? I don't care about the psychology/animal husbandry departments.
Stanford and MIT are STEM universities

STEM means Science/Tech/Engineering and Math.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2022
goodheart01:

Most don’t know that the American space shuttle was a ground breaker in space exploration and now the American Space X dragon craft is here
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by BobbieZion(m): 11:05am On Mar 04, 2022
goodheart01:

Oga the Russians didn’t, never and hasn’t landed on the moon till date. Stop saying “the Russians did not just land” they only went into space that’s all. Go and read about the missile race and come back a brighter student

Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin of America where the first to land on the moon. Correct....But,

The Soviet Lunar Pragram had 20 successful Missions to the Moon.
24 people have traveled beyond low Earth Orbit and either circled ,orbited,or walked on the Moon. This includes 72 Soviet Cosmonauts and 49 Russian Cosmonauts.
Alexei Leonov was the first Russian to space work.
But Yuri Gagary is the first Man to orbit the Earth.
The Russians are good in Space technology and Military Hardware.

You people should not think people are dumb......
America is just full of noise.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Shebbs: 11:18am On Mar 04, 2022
So The First Man Who Landed On The Moon Neil Armstrong Had To Fly Through Russia's Space Station? If Una Think Say US No Dey Built Rockets And Dem No Get Space Station Na MUMU Dey Worry All Of Una.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by mrvitalis(m): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2022
CocoaOla:

Not only that Russia built the best and the most reliable cheap rocket engine in human history
they are God of Space rocket other countries learn from them
Forget all this people saying things they don't know
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
RUBBISH! THIS IS BUSINESS IF YOU HAVE BEEN PAID FOR THE JOB TO DO THE ROCKET, YOU MUST DELIVER IT OR REFUND THE PAYMENT WITH COMPENSATION. undecidedPUTIN ENVIES AMERICAN LIFESTYLE SO BADLY. HIS A FOOL AND SADDIST.ONLY LESS THAN 2% OF THE WORLD POPULATION SPEAKS RUSSIAN,PUTIN IS SO PAINED HIS NOT ENJOYING WORLD'S SPOTLIGHT THAT AMERICA ENJOYS. AND THE EVIL PUTIN IS SO SO AFRAID THAT RUSSIANS WILL BE AMERICANIZED SOON VIA UKRAINE.grin CRY BABY PUTIN,THAT IS WHY HIS KILLING PEOPLE IN UKRAINE.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Svlla:
What panels grin grin grin

Anyway Russia is planning on having its own different space station operation by 2025
ROSS

The current station will expire 2024.... Russia cannot singlehandedly fund such construction without adverse effect on other areas of their development.

This is evident by what they have on display as hardwares in this Ukraine crisis.. Oldsmobile generation and age mates everywhere
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Athemisia: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Reference:

Oga. A rocket engine is generally a collection of rocket motors and fire crackers (boosters).

The most powerful was the Russian RD170 closely followed by the American F1.
When you put the motors together in whatever configuration and throw in a couple of boosters they are called a rocket engine.
The space shuttle is a classic example.

Right now the most powerful rocket engine is Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy which comprises of 3 No. Falcon 9 engines and two boosters..... which he says he can increase for missions into deep space.
RD 170?? What about the RD 180??
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by goodheart01: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
BobbieZion:

Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin of America where the first to land on the moon. Correct....But,

The Soviet Lunar Pragram had 20 successful Missions to the Moon.
24 people have traveled beyond low Earth Orbit and either circled ,orbited,or walked on the Moon. This includes 72 Soviet Cosmonauts and 49 Russian Cosmonauts.
Alexei Leonov was the first Russian to space work.
But Yuri Gagary is the first Man to orbit the Earth.
The Russians are good in Space technology and Military Hardware.

You people should not think people are dumb......
America is just full of noise.

You're still beating about the bush. The fact still remains that Russia has never and is still yet to land and walk on the moon just as America has done. It doesn’t matter how many jamboree the Russians have had in space. Same way the US has had various exploits in space too, even China has too. Even space arming was first done by the US during Ronald Reagan’s regime. In fact the US is the only county to have walked on the moon and with their flag stuck on its lunar surface.

Landing on the moon is a different space technology on its own so the Americans come out on top in this aspect.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by galaxy2020(m): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Na onuku grin
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by InoGetJoy: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Very wrong. America was the first country to land on the moon and the first country to go to mars.
John, a simple google search would've given you this info.
The first human-made object to touch the Moon was the Soviet Union's Luna 2, on 13 September 1959. US landed on the moon 10 years after

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by haryomikun(m): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
Zulu2022:
So many daft niggaz full nairaland,na only sex de Sabi...so American way first land moon na witch broom the use land,wen Russian de naked de nd be former u.ss.r....even Russia nd chines with Korea's de tap knowledge from u.s....schooling there in name of scholarship funded by there government,am not talking about two state in u.s that is only meant fr research,shebi na akara nd moimoi Dem de use am research bfr?

I don’t know much about space and all but even I know you’re spitting stupidity on this thread

Yuri Gagarin was the first man in Space at a time when the US couldn’t achieve orbiting space. The US improved on that by sending Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong to the moon.

Watch the movie Hidden Figures and watch how Russia kept on outdoing the US for years

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Svlla: 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
If you know Russian Military Orbat you will know they didn't use the best arsenal in Ukraine conflict. Why use your best when your second generation equipment can deliver the job....check all the aircraft used, tanks, anti aircraft.

The kind eye wey una dey use look Russia sef grin grin

Btw the T72 they used is the best Main battle tank in Nigerian army and major tank of Nigerians only 3rd Armoured Division Jos..... am talking about T72

When Russian has T90 in the thousands

Pls don't judge by what you're seeing in Ukraine, you don't expect Russian to spend its military power on a Police mission in Ukraine, that's what the West wants. They want to see S400, su27, T90 even S500 in action

True, the current station will expire soon and by 2025 their should be as many space station even privately owned and financed. And Yes Russia can deliver its ROSS by 2025, they have most of the modules ready.

Themandator:

The current station will expire 2024.... Russia cannot singlehandedly fund such construction without adverse effect on other areas of their development.

This is evident by what they have on display as hardwares in this Ukraine crisis.. Oldsmobile generation and age mates everywhere
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by emmysoftyou: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2022
Artbydris:

Yes.
really, pls tell me more , is the nuclear weapon real? O
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Zulu2022: 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
haryomikun:

I don’t know much about space and all but even I know you’re spitting stupidity on this thread

Yuri Gagarin was the first man in Space at a time when the US couldn’t achieve orbiting space. The US improved on that by sending Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong to the moon.

Watch the movie Hidden Figures and watch how Russia kept on outdoing the US for years
so did u made contribution or did you want to do proofread,I nv doubt dat Russian ain't first to go to space,I want him or her to understand that u.s was first to land in moon even mount flag,y is that som ppl gt it had to grasp ordinary information,am not surprised y most fail in interview nd remain jobless,e_warriors nd history analyst
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Mikekan30: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Who told you see this one, currently Russia has two active in engineers on that space with one European and know American, you building space is like building a house...

Keep talking Rubbish, At the End Russia is bigger than America.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JAYMA(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Righteousness2 post=110714810]The ridicule on Nomerica is too much

This is what happens when an individual or Nation Blessed, advanced and Powered by GOD , turns his/her back on GOD!

Bro, why do you have America like this? Are you sure you are a ChristLike person?

Hope if rapture come now you will make it? I pray that Heaven will be our gain but I have come across this your Nomerica since Trump lost that election. Please try and change. God bless you.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by abeggnow: 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
ISS has no propulsion system and it was not part of MIR program. Also astronauts do not only leave with the Russian Soyuz. There was the American space shuttle and now there is the American SpaceX dragon spacecraft.
lol how do u think it stay in its orbit?? it has boosters which are rockets basicaly. shuttles have long been retired. space dragon is cargo space craft
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by abeggnow: 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
ISS has no propulsion system and it was not part of MIR program. Also astronauts do not only leave with the Russian Soyuz. There was the American space shuttle and now there is the American SpaceX dragon spacecraft.
lol. space dragon is a cargo space ship. i never said it was part of the MIR but parts of MIR is now part of the core of ISS.also the boosters on ISS are all russian that what keeps the ISS in orbit. you can read about this online
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2022
Svlla:
If you know Russian Military Orbat you will know they didn't use the best arsenal in Ukraine conflict. Why use your best when your second generation equipment can deliver the job....check all the aircraft used, tanks, anti aircraft.

The kind eye wey una dey use look Russia sef grin grin

Btw the T72 they used is the best Main battle tank in Nigerian army and major tank of Nigerians only 3rd Armoured Division Jos..... am talking about T72

When Russian has T90 in the thousands

Pls don't judge by what you're seeing in Ukraine, you don't expect Russian to spend its military power on a Police mission in Ukraine, that's what the West wants. They want to see S400, su27, T90 even S500 in action

True, the current station will expire soon and by 2025 their should be as many space station even privately owned and financed. And Yes Russia can deliver its ROSS by 2025, they have most of the modules ready.

The ISS cost a staggering 100 billion dollars and had the United States transporting all the equipment to space.

Russia total defence budget is a little over 50 billion dollars....

ISS cost fortunes to maintain.. This is provided, principally by the US.

Indeed Russia has cost 5th generation tanks and jets but not in the numbers you are made to believe hence the preponderance of Oldsmobile mates in their arsenal

You can't be testing hypersonic missile every day from a paltry 58b dollars and not have defects in other areas of your defence

Yes, private investors are already undertaking space exploration but we know that they are Americans. Russia doesn't have real billionaire.. All are state created and therefore their wealth is equal to that of that state

Russia can. Make all manners of announcement but I tell you this, they can't sustain space exploration without crashing every other aspect of their lives and defence

Russia is a contrast of the US. This is a nation with defence budget far in excess of those of the second to seventh military powers combined... You have not been told where and what all the funds goes to, every year. The budget is in excess of 700 billion dollars

There are many companies in America that can fund space exploration if push comes to shove..
From Coca Cola to Pepsi to so many fortune 500 companies

The West is not interested in seeing any thing but to ensure that this is a prolong conflict in ehic Russia will be engaged in both Ukraine and home.

They reckon to suck Russia dry
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mikekan30:

Who told you see this one, currently Russia has two active in engineers on that space with one European and know American, you building space is like building a house...

Keep talking Rubbish, At the End Russia is bigger than America.

You go to that space station according to your financial contribution and even so when you need to

They don't need to be there but there are men and women who work there permanently

Russia is bigger than America is only because you are emotionally driven... New York, a single state is richer than Russia
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by justuschi50: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
calm down no dey lie. Russia own the international space station and built it
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Svlla: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
True, war is costly so it will suck Russia dry if it prolongs but It wouldn't....and there's benefit after war because the regions in Ukraine which Russia hope to prize away holds over 70% of Ukraine wealth.....so it's good business for Russia after all if they take (Dnipropertovsk, Donesk, Luganks, Kharkhiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Sumy and Zaporizhzhia) and I see that happening. Compensations for Russian billionaires who lost fortune in the war.

As regards the space station, Russian has been working on it for a while now and they have most of the modules for it. In hindsight they plan taking the modules of ROS in the ISS Where they have 6 of the 16 pressurized modules.

So the Russia Orbital Space Station (ROSS) dreams of 2025 is a come through for Russia.

Talking about Russia equipment....like I said before have you looked up Russian Orbat.....how many T90 and other 4th/5th equipment do you think they have.

Why get a T90 blown up in policing action when those equipment cost a fortune and will be a spectacle to behold in a much grander theater.....

Ukraine is not worth it and Russia won't take that risk unlike USA that has deep pockets

Most of those Oldsmobile like you called them are lying dormant in Russia armory and what better way to dispose of them

Themandator:

The ISS cost a staggering 100 billion dollars and had the United States transporting all the equipment to space.

Russia total defence budget is a little over 50 billion dollars....

ISS cost fortunes to maintain.. This is provided, principally by the US.

Indeed Russia has cost 5th generation tanks and jets but not in the numbers you are made to believe hence the preponderance of Oldsmobile mates in their arsenal

You can't be resting hypersonic missile every day from a paltry 58b dollars and not have defects in other areas of your defence

Yes, private investors are already undertaking space exploration but we know that they are Americans. Russia doesn't have real billionaire.. All are state created and therefore their wealth is equal to that of that state

Russia can. Make all manners of announcement but I tell you this, they can't sustain space exploration without crashing every other aspect of their lives and defence

Russia is a contrast of the US. This is a nation with defence budget far in excess of those of the second to seventh military powers combined... You have not been told where and what all the funds goes to, every year

There are many companies in America that can fund space exploration if push comes to shove..
From Coca Cola to Pepsi to so many fortune 500 companies

The West is not interested in seeing any thing but to ensure that this is a prolong conflict in ehic Russia will be engaged in both Ukraine and home.

They reckon to suck Russia dry
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by FreeIgboho: 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Oga, I learnt da in 2014 after Russia annexed crimea, US opted out from buying Russian rocket engines and resorted to local companies, space X, only for Dem to run back to Russia soon after.

Why??

When a woman marries two husband, she will certainly tel which one is better.
Russia is known for efficiency!

So if one husband “sanctions” her by denying her dick, she’d be stranded, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Donald Trump’s Inauguration Invitation Card + Full Timetable Of Events. / Whale Appears At The Shores Of A Beach In Sierra Leone (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.