Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" - Foreign Affairs (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" (69314 Views)

Russia Suspends Forex Sales Until September 9 / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Dybala11(m): 4:04am On Mar 05, 2022
BobbieZion:

Yes I Know Neil Amstrong and Edwin Aldrin where the first to land on the moon.

The Russians did not just land,but where the first to get to out space.

The Russians can hack other Countries data,but you can't hack theirs.
That is a feat no one can beat.
Don't take them for granted.
D bad gan!!
Boss no network is entirely safe o, it's just that others have not found the loopholes to hack that system.
Respect to the Russians too sha, at least they've contributed their quotas. The issue is that the US will continue to discredit them same as they will discredit the US, since the two nations are enemies.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
Svlla:
True, war is costly so it will suck Russia dry if it prolongs but It wouldn't....and there's benefit after war because the regions in Ukraine which Russia hope to prize away holds over 70% of Ukraine wealth.....so it's good business for Russia after all if they take (Dnipropertovsk, Donesk, Luganks, Kharkhiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Sumy and Zaporizhzhia) and I see that happening. Compensations for Russian billionaires who lost fortune in the war.

As regards the space station, Russian has been working on it for a while now and they have most of the modules for it. In hindsight they plan taking the modules of ROS in the ISS Where they have 6 of the 16 pressurized modules.

So the Russia Orbital Space Station (ROSS) dreams of 2025 is a come through for Russia.

Talking about Russia equipment....like I said before have you looked up Russian Orbat.....how many T90 and other 4th/5th equipment do you think they have.

Why get a T90 blown up in policing action when those equipment cost a fortune and will be a spectacle to behold in a much grander theater.....

Ukraine is not worth it and Russia won't take that risk unlike USA that has deep pockets

Most of those Oldsmobile like you called them are lying dormant in Russia armory and what better way to dispose of them

You are even more optimistic about Russia and their ability than they are sure of themselves

Just know that Russia is looking to collaboration with China by way of buying parts for their space program to even keep on track and this China is not too optimistic to do considering the unity this crisis has engendered amongst the EU and the US.

As far as US AND SOACE IS CONCERNED Elon Musk is an effective replacement for Russia and her transport vehicle.. As for parts for rockets, the west is even laughing at Russia because Northrop Grumman has long been the supplier to NASA

Elon Musk SpaceX will be doing 9 shuttle to ISS on behalf of the United States this year and beyond up from six initially scheduled

The west will keep Russia in Ukraine for long using fronts.. Russia already complains about terrorist been sent to Ukraine... All America has developed in the middle East in their years over there.. Russia will experience

This Ukraine war is going to be long.. Russia would have to bring more expensive bombs and equipment when frustration sets in and at the same be bleeding economically at home

https://futurism.com/russia-mocked-cutting-us-off-rocket-engines
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Svlla: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hmmm

If Russia move in heavy to Ukraine it will lead to a humanitarian disaster however I still believe this war will end soon

After the evacuation of civilians, let's see what happens next

Themandator:

You are even more optimistic about Russia and their ability than they are sure of themselves

Just know that Russia is looking to collaboration with China by way of buying parts for their space program to even keep on track and this China is not too optimistic to do considering the unity this crisis has engendered amongst the EU and the US.

As far as US AND SOACE IS CONCERNED Elon Musk is an effective replacement for Russia and her transport vehicle.. As for parts for rockets, the west is even laughing at Russia because Northrop Grumman has long been the supplier to NASA

Elon Musk SpaceX will be doing 9 shuttle to ISS on behalf of the United States this year and beyond up from six initially scheduled

The west will keep Russia in Ukraine for long using fronts.. Russia already complains about terrorist been sent to Ukraine... All America has developed in the middle East in their years over there.. Russia will experience

This Ukraine war is going to be long.. Russia would have to bring more expensive bombs and equipment when frustration sets in and at the same be bleeding economically at home

https://futurism.com/russia-mocked-cutting-us-off-rocket-engines
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by tunjilana: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Chinese (Not just China, Asia) are making circuits for America because it's cheaper to have them do it rather than having it done in America.

As for the Indians and Software. That's not true. Most extremely brilliant indians end up in US corporations so two or three eventually reach the top. But what of the thousands of American software engineers in several companies?

We are saying same thing...America and Americans are fast being reduced to "Investors", the technical know-how is fast moving eastwards
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 11:39am On Mar 06, 2022
tunjilana:

We are saying same thing...America and Americans are fast being reduced to "Investors", the technical know-how is fast moving eastwards
We are not saying the same thing. The media always puts more limelight on the Investors, CEOs and heads. But the technicalities of the jobs are designed and maintained by US engineers. Only cost sensitive work is outsourced for economic reasons.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by tunjilana: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
We are not saying the same thing. The media always puts more limelight on the Investors, CEOs and heads. But the technicalities of the jobs are designed and maintained by US engineers. Only cost sensitive work is outsourced for economic reasons.

When push comes to shove and in times of war, those who have the technical know how are duly separated from those who have "paper"...paper becomes useless at some point in crazy wars like a world war....If you have the raw materials and the technical know-how, u are better off....The US, capitalist system is prioritizing the "paper", which makes sense in normal situations...A good example here is Russia refusing to trade a critical rocket component with the US, even if the US has all the money to pay for it....

Electronic hardware device manufacture is leaving US for china...though the money bhind the research and creation of it is still in the US....same for software...These are the sort of debates Trump was having regarding the migration of car manufacturing companies from Detroit to Mexico...Even if production cost reduces and American investors make more, the technical know-how will leave and with time leave for good.

China wasnt known for hardware research initially...it was just meant to be a porduction outpost for US researched innovations, today they have taken ownership of research, innovation and advancement of these technologies, same for software and india...The source code of your latest windows, IOS, android has more technical input from indians than americans even when the products belong to American companies....with uncheckecked capitalism and extreme focus on investment ahead of techncal know-how, it is just a matter of time before such a country looses even the business side of things.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by VirileNelly2420: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
FreeIgboho:

So if one husband “sanctions” her by denying her dick, she’d be stranded, right?

Answering ur question using d msg I tried to pass across; if d husband da sanctions her wit sex denial is more good in bed, she would feel d sanction. But if it's d oda way round, she would wish he never reverse d sanction...cos she wouldn't miss him in matter of oza room.(wen u kick a toad, u make it's journey easier).

If u don't Gerrit, forgerrit!!
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by FreeIgboho: 5:01am On Mar 07, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Answering ur question using d msg I tried to pass across; if d husband da sanctions her wit sex denial is more good in bed, she would feel d sanction. But if it's d oda way round, she would wish he never reverse d sanction...cos she wouldn't miss him in matter of oza room.(wen u kick a toad, u make it's journey easier).

If u don't Gerrit, forgerrit!!

She’d still be getting dick anyway. That’s what makes it a weird sanction
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by VirileNelly2420: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2022
FreeIgboho:

She’d still be getting dick anyway. That’s what makes it a weird sanction

Maybe u don't get d point. We're not taking about getting elsewhere or getting from d moon, cos certainly u can have a diversified sources... We're talking about who's BETTER?

I hope u Gerrit dis time!
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by FreeIgboho: 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Maybe u don't get d point. We're not taking about getting elsewhere or getting from d moon, cos certainly u can have a diversified sources... We're talking about who's BETTER?

I hope u Gerrit dis time!

U the one don’t get the point. “BETTER” is exactly what makes it a ridiculous sanction. If you sanction someone on,say, oil, but they can still get all the oil they want, except, maybe, not better, the sanction is weird!
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by VirileNelly2420: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
FreeIgboho:

U the one don’t get the point. “BETTER” is exactly what makes it a ridiculous sanction. If you sanction someone on,say, oil, but they can still get all the oil they want, except, maybe, not better, the sanction is weird!

I would b lying to myself if I say I got u...

Remember wot we toking about...? Dat US sanctioned Russia in 2014 because dey annexed Crimea. D sanction was boycotting Russian jet engines used to launch rockets. Dey (US)resorted to indigenous companies for dia jet engines... (Space X). But den soon after, dey ran back to Russians for d same jet engines.

So I ask, WHY?

Certainly cos Russians does better.

Their product is efficient and cheaper....(according to US)

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by FreeIgboho: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Remember wot we toking about...? Dat US sanctioned Russia in 2014 because dey annexed Crimea. D sanction was boycotting Russian jet engines used to launch rockets. Dey (US)resorted to indigenous companies for dia jet engines... (Space X). But den soon after, dey ran back to Russians for d same jet engines.

So I ask, WHY?

And that’s exactly why I told you it’s a weak sanction. If you say you’ll no longer sell me Ferrari but I can still get all the Toyota I want, it’s a weak sanction indeed
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Mikekan30: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2022
Themandator:

You go to that space station according to your financial contribution and even so when you need to

They don't need to be there but there are men and women who work there permanently

Russia is bigger than America is only because you are emotionally driven... New York, a single state is richer than Russia

Go and make your finding and stop making senseless post. Russia is rich and has more oil and gas than the United States...
Russia has more active engineers on the International Space Centre. The project was started by Russia before America joined. The first man to land in space was a Russian.

Lastly you must be high on pure water if you the state of New York is Richer than a whole country of Russia. Just go for a Brian check.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Mikekan30:

Go and make your finding and stop making senseless post. Russia is rich and has more oil and gas than the United States...
Russia has more active engineers on the International Space Centre. The project was started by Russia before America joined. The first man to land in space was a Russian.

Lastly you must be high on pure water if you the state of New York is Richer than a whole country of Russia. Just go for a Brian check.

Can I have the source of your findings on Russia having the most crew members on the station

Post data supporting your argument against my submissions

In case you can't make simple deduction because you have poor cognition, if new York was a country it would be the 10th richest country ahead of Russia at number 11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2022
Mikekan30:

If you are humble enough to request for more researched information on ISS let me know.... I am here to subsidize your ignorance

This is in answer to your claim that Russia started ISS AND the US later joined

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

So I ask, WHY?

https://futurism.com/russia-mocked-cutting-us-off-rocket-engines/amp
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Themandator: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2022
tunjilana:

When push comes to shove and in times of war, those who have the technical know how are duly separated from those who have "paper"...paper becomes useless at some point in crazy wars like a world war....If you have the raw materials and the technical know-how, u are better off....The US, capitalist system is prioritizing the "paper", which makes sense in normal situations...A good example here is Russia refusing to trade a critical rocket component with the US, even if the US has all the money to pay for it....

Electronic hardware device manufacture is leaving US for china...though the money bhind the research and creation of it is still in the US....same for software...These are the sort of debates Trump was having regarding the migration of car manufacturing companies from Detroit to Mexico...Even if production cost reduces and American investors make more, the technical know-how will leave and with time leave for good.

China wasnt known for hardware research initially...it was just meant to be a porduction outpost for US researched innovations, today they have taken ownership of research, innovation and advancement of these technologies, same for software and india...The source code of your latest windows, IOS, android has more technical input from indians than americans even when the products belong to American companies....with uncheckecked capitalism and extreme focus on investment ahead of techncal know-how, it is just a matter of time before such a country looses even the business side of things.

https://futurism.com/russia-mocked-cutting-us-off-rocket-engines/amp

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Appleyard(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Russians are the king of what?

Can you even compare America's universities to Russia's universities in research output?

How many technology advancements have happened in Russia? What other benefits do they bring to the world currently asides from selling raw materials?

They only know how to build missiles and nuclear weapons so that they can brag about being a "world power". Even China is miles ahead of them.

Lmao. This got me laughing out loud. Go and do research on STEM and see which country turns out the best brains ever in that field. US Universities are not even close talkless of being the best in STEM courses/modules.

It's such unfortunate that the US education system now prioritize law and humanitarian courses than STEM courses.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2022
Appleyard:

Lmao. This got me laughing out loud. Go and do research on STEM and see which country turns out the best brains ever in that field. US Universities are not even close talkless of being the best in STEM courses/modules.

It's such unfortunate that the US education system now prioritize law and humanitarian courses than STEM courses.
"This got me laughing out loud."

What a dunce cry
Check the link below on the best STEM schools in the world and see if Russia is mentioned anywhere

https://www.studyinternational.com/news/top-universities-stem-2020/
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Appleyard(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
"This got me laughing out loud."

What a dunce cry
Check the link below on the best STEM schools in the world and see if Russia is mentioned anywhere

https://www.studyinternational.com/news/top-universities-stem-2020/

You are even more duncer....Sorry.

Where did I mentioned Russia? When you want to bring facts, consult reputable sources, not the ones that focused mainly on Western indixes or from eurocentric viewpoint.

Here is what Pew Research says:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/15/u-s-students-internationally-math-science/

US don't even come close in mathematics. Even Russia you mentioned is ahead of the US

Even in some science courses where their institutes fairs a bit better, majority of the students are foreigners.

It will interest you to know that the most educated ethnic group in America are Nigerians.

It's fact that the US lags behind India and China in STEM.

1 Like

Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by JohnBullMySon: 7:48am On Mar 18, 2022
Appleyard:

You are even more duncer....Sorry.

Where did I mentioned Russia? When you want to bring facts, consult reputable sources, not the ones that focused mainly on Western indixes or from eurocentric viewpoint.

Here is what Pew Research says:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/15/u-s-students-internationally-math-science/

US don't even come close in mathematics. Even Russia you mentioned is ahead of the US

Even in some science courses where their institutes fairs a bit better, majority of the students are foreigners.

It will interest you to know that the most educated ethnic group in America are Nigerians.

It's fact that the US lags behind India and China in STEM.

I'm talking about College students. not 15 yr olds. besides I never saw India and China mentioned above US in what you wrote.

to go to Stanford or MIT as an international student is extremely hard. 70% of MIT student are US citizens while at Stanford it's 80%. Bring any independent organization that ranks Universities. They are always at the top. Webo metrics have their ranking indices on their website for everyone to see.

So you're still a dunce. No offense bro.
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Appleyard(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I'm talking about College students. not 15 yr olds. besides I never saw India and China mentioned above US in what you wrote.

to go to Stanford or MIT as an international student is extremely hard. 70% of MIT student are US citizens while at Stanford it's 80%. Bring any independent organization that ranks Universities. They are always at the top. Webo metrics have their ranking indices on their website for everyone to see.

So you're still a dunce. No offense bro.

So you couldn't disprove the fact that US rank way lower in STEM courses compared to India and China. You're very funny. Who is talking of 15 years old? On the link I sent earlier, where was US position in mathematics and other STEM courses?

You talk like it's only Stanford and MIT you have in the country. Asians make up the highest population of STEM graduates almost each year in the US. It's a fact.

So you're still duncer. cool
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Mikekan30: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
Themandator:

If you are humble enough to request for more researched information on ISS let me know.... I am here to subsidize your ignorance

This is in answer to your claim that Russia started ISS AND the US later joined

The module for the project was started by Russia before the US joined...

Go for more research you seem daft and naive
Re: Russia Suspends Sale Of Rocket Engines To US: "Let Them Fly On Brooms" by Mikekan30: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2022
Themandator:

You go to that space station according to your financial contribution and even so when you need to

They don't need to be there but there are men and women who work there permanently

Russia is bigger than America is only because you are emotionally driven... New York, a single state is richer than Russia

According to what they wrote on Wikipedia, someone put that information there right? The New York you claim is Richer than the Whole federation of Russia has more slums than The whole Country of South Africa.

You are myopic and daft.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Donald Trump’s Inauguration Invitation Card + Full Timetable Of Events.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.