Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu (13271 Views)

Meet The 16 Candidates Who Are Contesting To Be Governor Of Lagos. / 2023: I’m Not In Support Of Obi’s Presidential Ambition, Arthur Eze Announces / 2023: I’m Ready To Debate From Morning Till Night – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by vicdom(m): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Former Governor of Lagos State and presidential aspirant, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, said, on Thursday, that Nigeria needed a competent leader who could unite the people, tackle insecurity and rejig the debilitating economy and as well benefit the masses this time around.

Tinubu, who was in Ekiti State as part of the ongoing consultation for the 2023 presidential election, said that he decided to consult with the traditional rulers before declaring because of the enormous respect he placed on culture and tradition.

He said, “I’m contesting this race to renew the hope and make the future great for our children. For Nigeria to stand united and develop, we require patience and wisdom. We have to be united, that is the only way we can be great.”

It was carnival-like at the palace of the Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Adeyemo Adejugbe, as people gathered for hours singing, dancing and praising the All Progressives Congress National Leader to the high heavens, as they awaited his arrival to meet with the revered monarch.

Tinubu, accompanied by the Ekiti State Deputy Governor, Bisi Egbeyemi, who said he represented Governor Kayode Fayemi, and top brass of the Southwest Agenda for Tinubu 2023, led by Senator Dayo Adeyeye, earlier met with the Ekiti State Council of Traditional Rulers at their chambers in the capital city.

He said, “We have struggled for democracy and today, we have democracy, but we are not stable yet. There is insecurity, hopelessness, lack of education and suffering in the land. By now, we should have a good farming system and opportunities to produce for other nations to buy.

“We are here to answer the call of our children by educating them the right way so that we can leave a Nigeria that is united, prosperous and abundant for them. We chose democracy and we must not fail in this task.

That was why we formed the APC based on principles. I want to tell you that Nigeria needs serious change. I knew how Lagos was when I took over and we have never failed any election. There must be continuity in governance for progress to be attained.

“I was the first governor in Nigeria to start paying the WAEC fee of secondary school students. I shall do it again as a President.”

Tinubu, who said he had been on Nigeria’s project since the 70s, said, “I was with MKO Abiola in Social Democratic Party. I was a Senator before he came out. I was the youngest Senator of that era. I was about becoming Director of Finance of ExxonMobil, but I rejected it.

“I said I wanted to serve Nigeria. They gave me leave of absence to go and do politics for four years and come back, but I only spent two years as a senator when the military came and terminated our tenure. I had an option, which was to go back and enjoy at ExxonMobil, but I decided that I would fight for Nigeria.

"We believed that there must be democracy in Nigeria, there must be freedom and there must be opportunities. We joined hands with Professor Wole Soyinka, Chief Anthony Enahoro and others. Governor Kayode Fayemi was in the University of London then, brilliant and he joined the struggle. He worked so hard, in fact, he is an excellent man. So, looking at all these, we should all know that this democracy must not fail.

“We have to collaborate, unite and promote ourselves, instead of fighting. We all see what is happening in Ukraine today, we don’t need such experience here. We must elevate our technology and make use of available opportunities to develop Nigeria and that is what we are coming to do,” he said.

SWAGA National Chairman, Senator Adeyeye, who said Tinubu had made great investment to the development of Ekiti State in terms of human resources, said, “That APC is in Ekiti today is traceable to God and Tinubu. He struggled for it and restored progressive politics here.

"He had made many Ekiti people commissioners, Special Advisers, and local government chairmen in Lagos. Tinubu honoured our own hero in Ekiti, Adekunle Fajuyi, by building a house for him. He had helped so many people including myself.

“Tinubu brought a paradigm shift to Lagos governance, in fact, he is a miracle worker. As a governor of Lagos State, he was ranked first and no wonder he remained the last man standing when the then Alliance for Democracy lost grip of the Southwest.

“That was why many of us dragged him into the presidential race to replicate what he had done in Lagos at the national level. Nobody can stand shoulder to shoulder out of all the presidential aspirants across party lines with him. He is the best builder of men in the history of Nigeria. This is the best man at this moment to rule Nigeria,” Adeyeye said.

The Traditional Council Chairman and the Onisan of Isan Ekiti, Oba Ayodele Adejuwon, who said there was nothing wrong with Tinubu’s aspiration to be president, said the constitution permitted every qualified Nigerian to aspire for any position, saying, “God will help you realise your ambition.”

Speaking at his palace, the Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Adeyemo, who appreciated Tinubu for teaching people how to fish and for his exploits in Lagos State, said, “That is why I believe you (Tinubu) when you said you would turn the situation of Nigeria around for good.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/2023-im-contesting-to-make-our-childrens-future-great-tinubu/%3famp

10 Likes

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by zeuss: 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ok

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by donbachi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
For ur mind...the future of nigerian children,lies in the hand of the govt..u're a joker.

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by NwaNimo1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
A man with full blown Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and incontinence.

[img]https://i./3OJxY.gif[/img]

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by wizonlyson: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
angry angry sorry to say sir, with due respect,...u are a big fool sir..

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by surgical: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
wizonlyson:
angry angry sorry to say sir, with due respect,...u are a big fool sir..
At least he had demonstrated that in Lagos for the past 22 years he has been ruling over Lagos
All Lagos children now have very bright future non is agbero or street urchins, Tinubu has ensure this
He will replicate this at the centre
The way he has ensured the 52 local government obasanjo refused to recognised are now recognised and listed in the constitution by his boys lawan and gbaja

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fayemi no dey hide his disgust for this man

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
surgical:
At least he had demonstrated that in Lagos for the past 22 years he has been ruling over Lagos
All Lagos children now have very bright future non is agbero or street urchins, Tinubu has ensure this
The way he has ensured the 52 local government obasanjo refused to recognised are now recognised and listed in the construction by his boys lawan and gbaja
pro druggie urchins keep typing series of epistle

Better market no need too much to sell am

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by surgical: 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truthisunique2:

we are on the same page not supporting Tinubu if you read properly

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Rugaria: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
President Tinu poo

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
surgical:
we are on the same page not supporting Tinubu if you read properly
ok

You are a sane Nigerian then

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by wizonlyson: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
surgical:
The way he has ensured the 52 local government obasanjo refused to recognised are now recognised and listed in the constitution by his boys lawan and gbaja
..who are his mumu illetrates boys..abeg, goodnight..go sleep..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Mintum: 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
God punish you, evil man. Electing this wicked fool is the worst thing that will ever happen to Nigeria.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by dizon: 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
This old fool should go and rest.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Tokskob2008: 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Lol, just like PMB claimed back then but ended up making the country a mess that will take like another 20yrs to stabilize...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by IgweOfNnewi: 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
It is night again, dogs will gather to bark at the moon, Mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu the chukwu okike ohamadike and slayer of baby factory criminals drug traffickers cannibals and IPOB miscreants and mkpurumiri addicts amaka hypocrites.

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Only God knows how much they will spend on adult diapers

I cum in vawulence angry

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Parachoko: 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
surgical:

Truthisunique2:

wizonlyson:
..who are his mumu illetrates boys..abeg, goodnight..go sleep..

The kin unnecessary hate you guys have for Tinubu eh

This hate is unnecessary.

It won't change anything about nothing on ground.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Megatrix: 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Go and sit down, you don't have anything good to offer

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by gozmok1(m): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
I think it will be a sad day if Bola Tinubu will jump into 2023 Presidential election for many reasons. First, he is too corrupt to lead Nigeria at this critical time. He has over the years bragged about how wealthy he is--a sad thing to tell people about yourself. Second, Mr. Tinubu is too old. He looks 109 or 200 years of age. God knows, i don't want to see his kind of face on television representing Nigeria. Third, as governor of Lagos State, he ran the most dirties state in Nigeria. Who will ever forget, the infamous Makoko slum in Lagos?. Is that what we want Nigeria to look like? And fourth, Nigerians are tired of another sick leader staying the UK hospital for six months.

Bola Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria, full stop!

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Ryott: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
I seriously wonder why this man is so foolish to allow himself to be deceived like this, Tinubu has shown that he is not wise at all. Let him keep making a fool of himself until they disgrace him finally

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Lawalemi(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by wizonlyson: 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Parachoko:

ok..we don ear u..good night..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by adekolaelect(m): 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mintum:
God punish you, evil man. Electing this wicked fool is the worst thing that will ever happen to Nigeria.
Frustrated hullegan has spoken .

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by adekolaelect(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ryott:
I seriously wonder why this man is so foolish to allow himself to be deceived like this, Tinubu has shown that he is not wise at all. Let him keep making a fool of himself until they disgrace him finally
oga stop ranting and monitor your life endeavours like he is doing. Your wishes and ranting only end here .

8 Likes

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by PressMyButton: 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
The words of a sincere man, a man who truly has a large heart for his country, an achiever, a goal getter, a political Colossus, a genius who has always delivered on his promises.
He's the reason some people sneak into SW in night buses. Mr. Revolution. It is a waste of time arguing with nonentities on Nairaland. Those that matters know that Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria.

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by NyamiriFlathead: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
All hail Tinubu, our incoming president
Can anybody stops a moving train, if it is no then nobody can stop Tinubu from becoming president come 2023, he is the one we want, he is the one we love and he is the one we want to cast our votes for
Inconsequential ipob pigs from shithole beerfraud land can continue to hate, their hatred and wailing can never stop him
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO PROTECT TINUBU

132 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by stan83: 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
[quote you are just a shameless old lying fool author=vicdom post=110727161][/quote]
Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Bravetunde: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Parachoko:

It changes everything ss/se won't vote for a theivee,and an adult wearing pampers drug Lord.
You can because of tribalism since you are a Yoruba fake Muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by ordainbuzz(m): 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
This man's dream is making him go mad,he thinks anybody not to talk of Nigeria youths gives a gives a Bleep about him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Remman(m): 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
We all know you're contesting for your family... It still doesn't change anything!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu by Salvador1: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Which of your children or are u referring to the agberos in Lagos street doing owoda.
Cursed old cargo

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts / FG Blames Illegal Russian, Chinese Fishing In Nigerian Waters For Low Revenue / Raymond Dokpesi Visits Igbinedion, Esama Of Benin Over PDP Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.