Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) (30610 Views)

POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k / Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
membranus:

I am not talking about the profit here, but I am emphasising about the welfare of the staff working for them. Every organisation operates for profitability sake, but not to the detriment of their staffs.

You are deliberately being mischievous, most banks across the world share profits across board to all level of their staffs at year end, but not in Nigeria.

Bankers are envied all over the world, but in Nigeria, majority of them live in a make believe situation. Many of their staffs spent more than a decade at one employment level with no promotion, leading to a massive frustration. Most of their Marketers are being driven like slaves, and have developed high blood pressure due to unreasonable deposit targets assigned to them.

And so on, and so forth.

@bolded, and stopped reading after that.

Have a nice day.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by membranus: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

@bolded, and stopped reading after that.

Have a nice day.

Yeah, you should since truth is bitter.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Beremx(f): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
zedegit:

Lol. At least he repented nah.
I hear you grin
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
membranus:

Yeah, you should since truth is bitter.

Ok

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Usonkwu: 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
premierlead:

You don't mean it! Mr integrity like Buhari you mean?

Integrity my feet

Must you wait till you were called to return the money if you didn't have the mind of carrying it in the first place

Nairaland should have a dislike button

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
Must they pay him for his nice gesture?
After all, is it your money?
Why keep it when it's not yours?

I tire for NIGERIANS....
Doing Good shouldn't come with a price tag.
Do it selflessly and move on.
After all, a Guy was busy distributing water and money to prisoners who were on transit.
He never expected anything in return.
But he got the shock of his life.

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
membranus:

How much is a teller earns in a month, between 50 and 80k. Many of them are just struggling to survive. That's why fraud is so pervasive in Nigerian banks.
It's not an excuse
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by tojahh(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
You return am because them call you. Else the money don go.

Abeg getat
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by YinkaGold02: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
Well-done boy
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by wizonlyson: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
WonderManly:
You see now!..
LOL..

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by blowjohn(m): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
200 naira for transport?
Na wheelbarrow e wan use go house ni
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by hotseat: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
The error would have been detected in the long run and the POS operator was mindful of this fact.

I bet you ,if the guyman know say way clear e for japa.

All the same, e try.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
Taa there, lie kill you.

You waited till noon when you were called and u knew no matter what, you'll be trailed with your details.

Then to have still go online to register your displeasure codedly that you were offered #200 shows it's glaringly clear, you were not happy you returned the money.

Integrity kee u there
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Testimony1988(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
God will surely reward his faithfulness.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by gift2xl: 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
Keep it up.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by femzy190: 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Cantonese:

“ According to him, he told the bank staff to properly confirm the amount before he left the banking hall that morning.

He said at noon he surprisingly received a call from the same cashier telling him to cross check the amount paid to him as it seems he was overpaid with N100,000”.

Between a cashier and a customer who should cross check, knowing how things happen in our country? He just collected the money without cross checking, went to his shop, kept the money and next, boom, his integrity was tested. Next many things passed through his mind. Na wah.

I put it to the young man that he counted the money and knew how much was there. He waited thinking that the bank should not remember the money. When the bank called, he thought it would become a big issue. He then returned the money claiming that his integrity was tested.

Jagbajantis intete please.
Honestly you have said the Truth. Same thing happened to me while I was in school then. 10k was mistakenly added to the money I withdrew from the Bank on Campus. I had a misfeelings about it when I got home. So I kept the money with me thinking of bouncing on the money or not. Thank God the Cashier called me at exactly 6pm to ask if I was mistakenly given an addiction of 10k, then I said yes. Mind you the transfer was done around 10am in the morning. Honestly the POS guy in question knew and was tempted or perhaps waiting if he was going to be called or not, so that he can do the neeedful by spending d money. Ire ooo.

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
Same thing happened to me last week I returned 500k of over payment back to the Bank cashier.

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by enoch273: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
In times like this his moral compass still pointed right, God bless him. Meanwhile don't miss out on oraimo Watch day flash promo.

https://ng.oraimo.com/special-offer-for-oraimo-friday-flash-sales.html

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Kcdojoto(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
Without checking his name, I said to myself that this must be an Igbo person and I was Wright
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Cantonese: 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2022
femzy190:

Honestly you have said the Truth. Same thing happened to me while I was in school then. 10k was mistakenly added to the money I withdrew from the Bank on Campus. I had a misfeelings about it when I got home. So I kept the money with me thinking of bouncing on the money or not. Thank God the Cashier called me at exactly 6pm to ask if I was mistakenly given an addiction of 10k, then I said yes. Mind you the transfer was done around 10am in the morning. Honestly the POS guy in question knew and was tempted or perhaps waiting if he was going to be called or not, so that he can do the neeedful by spending d money. Ire ooo.

Hahahahahahahaha
Cheers.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Murphy22(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
They said he reconfirm the cash and found out 100k extra in the afternoon. Does that mean he didn't do business or no one patronized up until that time?

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by God2man2again(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
You have done the right thing.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by seyz91(m): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
Undoubtedly
Hisbah21:
what a trustworthy being.. in this hardship 99% will japa with the money..commendable

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by mike4zeal(m): 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hmmm, have we even reason what will happened to the cashier who gave out the money?

Job hunting loading.......
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Brunicekid(m): 11:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
Beremx:
If he hadn’t call you, you wouldn’t have returned the cash. Withdrew cash in the morning and you didn’t know you where overpaid until you were called in the afternoon.
Anyway you try
He could have just kept it somewhere since morning.What if he didn't return it? Thank God he had the mind to return it.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Reader530(m): 3:04am On Mar 05, 2022
Good one from him. A kind fellow. In my bank, we write narratives at the back of each withdrawal instrument used. E.g. if I am to pay you ₦192,000, I will write 1,000 X 2 wrappers + 92 pieces. During call over, I will check the narrative I wrote at each cheque. But to be sincere, he is a kind fellow.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by jrobbins: 4:23am On Mar 05, 2022
Simplythebest:
You did well by returning the money and even if u didn't return the money the bank will still recover their money onless u don't have upto 100k in the account anymore or u will abandone ur account with the bank by not making use of the account anymore thats the only way the cashier will pay the money. Once it is well known and established that u are the person being overpaid by the cashier cus for the cashier to have called u means the person have try balance and that he is having shortage of 100k then he must have done call over to his ticket and discover were the problem is coming from. You just save ur self stress and trouble together with the cashier. God bless u

You Gerrit. He checked his cash analysis and saw the issue. had a similar issue when I was still a teller, the customer wasn't picking calls and my operation manager gave approval to reverse and debit the amount paid.

1 Like

Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by tonyson010(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2022
premierlead:

You don't mean it! Mr integrity like Buhari you mean?

Integrity my feet

Must you wait till you were called to return the money if you didn't have the mind of carrying it in the first place

he was battling with his conscience assuming the story is true, because the young man was supposed to have counted the money before leaving the counter, since it is not ATM. He could have seen it is 100,000 more.

Reached shop and still didn't count.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Simplythebest: 7:31am On Mar 05, 2022
Very simple to do once the customer have more money in the account with approval the money will be recovered but some people don't no. Is only person that work in a bank will understand every customer is a suspect when it comes to banking. Nigerians stealing ratio is 80:20.
jrobbins:

You Gerrit. He checked his cash analysis and saw the issue. had a similar issue when I was still a teller, the customer wasn't picking calls and my operation manager gave approval to reverse and debit the amount paid.
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hisbah21:
what a trustworthy being.. in this hardship 99% will japa with the money..commendable

Ah no time
Re: POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) by AFONAMARO: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
Beremx:
If he hadn’t call you, you wouldn’t have returned the cash. Withdrew cash in the morning and you didn’t know you where overpaid until you were called in the afternoon.
Anyway you try

He could have still denied. After all, it was a physical payment with no trace that he got the said amount. Not like a credit or transfer with proof of fund in his account

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account / My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This / Starting Up A Night Club In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.