Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Was Given A Suspension Letter - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Given A Suspension Letter (27698 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by lolu2019: 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
A job that i sometimes spend 4months at a stretch without salary?
no wonder.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by godofuck231: 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2022

Apologise for what exactly?
you should see men from a different angle apart from sex or misbehavior, there are men who aren't worth greeting but again ethics demands this , just learn to be polite , he's not approaching you for sex or money
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by samguru(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
Guy, you are rude ooooo!

A Director not even your line manager, haba what is wrong with you?

You even have the effrontery to tell your Director that your mind is not in the office, abeg collect your sack letter and go joor.

You dont deserve to work in any company in this world, besides you are free to go and set up your company

14 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by SocialJustice: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
dapatro:
But you sha like wahala small ooo

Why didn't you apologize at the beginning and move on
Na this attitude you take be perpetual slave for your own country so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by phemmyfour: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
tayo60:
U should have apologized. Some times, we apologise for somethings we are not guilty of.
He LL learn after sitting at home for weeks

4 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by KosiGee(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
dapatro:

I concur…

A simple ‘apologies sir’. I did say good morning to you a while ago…

Or apologies sir, you have lots of visitors and appeared busy so I decided to come back. Don’t be offended.

Sometimes our attitudes can escalate minor issues.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Ndidi2: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
dapatro:

l de tell you..
Simple issue over Sabi go take over.
No be small wahala..

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Resurgent2016: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
I went to my director's office to get something from the secretary, i met the presence of a lot of people including a visitor, so i left.

While going he called me back infront of everybody and said didn't you see me?

I answered by saying how? he said, so you can't greet me? I now told him but i greeted you earlier on while you were outside but you never answered.

Then he said that means you didn't open your mouth loud enough. I replied by saying sir, even if i don't greet you, my mind might be somewhere else, then he said why will your mind be somewhere else, your mind must always be here.

I said it is not possible for my mind to always be here sir.

That was all and the following day, i received a letter of suspension without querry. I was asked to sign the letter but i refused and i told the secretary that before i leave all my outstanding salaries should be paid to me. But they refused saying until i finish my 4weeks suspension, I refused and then threatened them with legal action.

Then I received this text today.

WIthout even being told, this must be a ministry. Its a dead place to be bro....move to better private sector work
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Archworld(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
I went to my director's office to get something from the secretary, i met the presence of a lot of people including a visitor, so i left.

While going he called me back infront of everybody and said didn't you see me?

I answered by saying how? he said, so you can't greet me? I now told him but i greeted you earlier on while you were outside but you never answered.

Then he said that means you didn't open your mouth loud enough. I replied by saying sir, even if i don't greet you, my mind might be somewhere else, then he said why will your mind be somewhere else, your mind must always be here.

I said it is not possible for my mind to always be here sir.

That was all and the following day, i received a letter of suspension without querry. I was asked to sign the letter but i refused and i told the secretary that before i leave all my outstanding salaries should be paid to me. But they refused saying until i finish my 4weeks suspension, I refused and then threatened them with legal action.

Then I received this text today.

You responded wrongly. No matter the options you have out there , you shouldn't have replied him like that.
Humble yourself cos recommendation is better than hustling. What hustling can not do for you in 10 years , a simple recommendation can do it

7 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by kevoh(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Just simple "Sorry Sir", you were busy going into unnecessary arguments.

I trust myself, I remember when I use sorry sir frustrate my boss! The man just weak No time to drag right when you know this is Naija,except you got serious connections, just apologize and save yourself the stress!

6 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Ndidi2: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022

Apologise for what exactly?
u should have said " oh good morning sir.
I HV greeted u b4..
Simple.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by AdorableSat: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
1. Your director I must say is egoistic
He probably just wanted you to boost his ego there in the presence of the other people by greeting him like he’s the boss (the feel good factor)

2. Truth be told, jovially saying, “oh sorry boss, I forgot Sir, good morning Sir, how are you doing Boss? wouldn’t have killed you. Humility pays. You don’t always need to drag things with before to prove your point, senior or not. Play it cool. When people realize you hardly get angry over little things, they respect and trust you more. Your choice not to greet him again because you’ve greeted when he’s your director surely embarrassed him especially since it was in front of other people. You would have felt bad if it was you.

3. You did very well by standing your ground to get all your benefits, you can’t be treated just anyhow. Good you know your rights.

Make peace with him, you two good become really cool friends you know. And subsequently start joking about how you once clashed.
All the best, OP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Acehart: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ordinary sorry sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
I will not comment until I hear the other side of the story from your Director !!!
cool cool cool

Meanwhile make i continue my work for here grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by KosiGee(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
Na this attitude you take be perpetual slave for your own country so.

Nothing like slavery there mister.
Sometimes the hardest thug can be very humble to the most lilly-livered individual when dealing with him.

Attitude matters.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by WHITELIGHTER: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
onegig:

Thank you so much for this.

A lot of young people without people skills.

Why the need for a uselss confrontation?

"Oh , apologies. I didn't see you" and you go on your merry way.

You are right. But you know the anger that comes with unpaid salaries yet the boss still want absolute respect and loyalty...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by SmartyPants(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Shalommy:
You rubbed shoulder with your director and it's bad. You're lucky ain't a sack letter.

That text is a prelude to the sack

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by DAVE5(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
dapatro:

Simple as abc

People now use social media pity to act out in real life thinking SM would feed them

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Lontrra: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:

You've mentally resigned long ago. It's obvious from your tone.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by aspabay(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
So I should be happy staying for 4months at a stretch without pay? How then will I feed my family?

You are still affirming what he said about you. You never cared about the job

4 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by pek(m): 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2022
I saw a quote this morning on Twitter. It says, that which you take for granted, a lot of people are fervently praying for it.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Elliotwaveforec: 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2022
This OP na Oga aswear, you dey argue with person wey dey feed you. You must be very proud for not simply saying I'm sorry sir.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Ndidi2: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
HenryDion:
Hmmm... It's obvious you don't like the job nor your director, and have been nursing the thought to leave.

Despite all my achievements, I'm ready to greet someone 10 times if I see them 10 times that day.

In this case, you barged into a room full of people, then barged out without greeting?

That's weird.

Your responses to your director exudes arrogance. I probably would have fired you at the spot if I were in his shoe.

Once hunger wire you in this Buhari era, your brain will reset.
exactly my thought.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by OlujobaSamuel: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Op, the suspension wasn't because of not greeting but more about your response.
Nothing wrong with you saying "I'm sorry, i intend to return in some minutes when the office is less rowdy"
Your boss might not even be interested in your eventual arrogant response, however, you don't know the class of visitors he is having and the influence they have over your boss, one of them might have passed a comment that brought about the suspension.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Resurgent2016: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
yuping:
undecidedmost people blaming you are just doing so because of the risk of you loosing your job, the question still remains what is your offense.

Ontop of not being paid 4months salary. Must be a very useless place

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by MoneyTrees(m): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
Thank you my brother... What did I do?
Useless pride & Ego

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by ekensi01: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
This was what i was waiting for. You for talk am since

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by target007(m): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
So I should be happy staying for 4months at a stretch without pay? How then will I feed my family?

No, not all. You should always live peaceably with all men and pray for wisdom enough to help in all situations you may find yourself. Your company may be having some issues as per their business and inability to pay salaries now but I can assure you it's is temporary, they will get pass that phase.

One thing you have forgotten though, I don't know how long you have spent with them, is that, you need references from your previous jobs up to between 3 and 5 years depending on what role or what organisational HR policy. In this case, if you don't sort yourself out you may not be able to get a good reference and could affect your ability to get next job unless you have made up your mind to start your own business.

If I were you, I will go back to the director and apologise, just get a personal meeting with him and apologise and move on. You see our people normally say, If we don't eat palm oil because of yam, we eat yam because of palm oil. A very simple advise is enough for the wise my bro.

I wish you the best in life.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by OdefaGirl(f): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Sometimes, throwing in a greeting where there are so many people isn't ok for an office. You can just nod. Your Boss calling you back to ask you such question in the presence of visitors shows that you guys have existing problem.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Kinzo0917(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
MufasaLion:
"Sorry" could have prevented this thread.
. No mind d mugu. He was damn so rude. All this guys not from good homes. Saying sorry would have ended everything
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
BRAINNY:
I understand that the non-payment of your salary must have gotten to you. However, you ought to weigh the outcome of your needless confrontation with your boss.

Nigeria has its peculiarities. But if it were in developed countries like the one I live in, you'd likely be without a job for quite a long time. Employers need recommendation letters from your previous employers. And be sure that this one will scuttle every other opportunity that comes your way. I know someone (now late) whose chances of a shot in the medical field in the UK got destroyed because his previous supervisor wrote badly of him. That took the trajectory of his career in a different direction. It seems he never recovered.

People management skills are indispensable in the corporate world. Besides, humility is paramount. The holy book says pride comes before a fall. You may well watch it. A simple, 'I'm sorry and good morning sir' would have saved you this needless back and forth. And I must add that that wouldn't take anything off you. Two captains can't lead a ship. If the boss is arrogant and you tow his path, the clashes will be constant and that's unhealthy for the organisation.

Those urging you on wouldn't pay your bills. The best would have been to just play the fool while looking for another job. Once you've gotten it and gotten their recommendation, then leave.

This nonsense will not happen in any developed country. In which developed country do you live?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Ndidi2: 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
ok
No wonder..
Da Lord is ur strenght

Chai,
It is well with you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N-power Beneficiaries, Corpers Could Be Recruited As Community Policemen — FG / The Number 1 Thing That Disqualifies Candidates From First Round Interview / Federal Civil Service Commission Aptitude Test for Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.