Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

I Was Given A Suspension Letter - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Given A Suspension Letter (27680 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Ochelyko1: 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
dapatro:
But you sha like wahala small ooo

Why didn't you apologize at the beginning and move on

A wise person could have done that! But exchanging word with ur boss is very stupid.

But some people pride will not allow them to get sense.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by georgen2u(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Well OP to be honest with you, you fvk up, yes even if the job isn't paying much it's better to resign honorably in your own terms than dismissal or sack

To be candid if I were the director I will just sack you

No matter what, from the story line it shows arrogance and lack of respect
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by AdedoyinO(f): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
In life, you should learn to choose your battles. Some are not just worth fighting.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by dangermouse(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
Shalommy:
You rubbed shoulder with your director and it's bad. You're lucky ain't a sack letter.

Read the text convo. The op has bee sacked already once his outstanding salaries are paid as requested by him.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by toyini1234(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
Holywizard:
I promise to give u 1k once he asks for my details

me too need 1k boss
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Tats(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:

Another toxic boss, feeling on top of the world.
If they don't pay you, sue their silly ass.

Exactly. Until people realise that the behaviour of such bosses are not normal, then it will not change.
Sadly, some people will have to pay a price to make such a change happen in order for some Bosses or Business owners to behave themselves.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by passthem(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
HenryDion:
Hmmm... It's obvious you don't like the job nor your director, and have been nursing the thought to leave.

Despite all my achievements, I'm ready to greet someone 10 times if I see them 10 times that day.

In this case, you barged into a room full of people, then barged out without greeting?

That's weird.

Your responses to your director exudes arrogance. I probably would have fired you at the spot if I were in his shoe.

Once hunger wire you in this Buhari era, your brain will reset.

This doesnt make sense and everyone wont act the same way.
Just tell me why he should apologize...
He should becos job is scarce
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by tunize(m): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
Bros to tell you the truth you were very rude to your boss and I smell pride too. If I were to be your boss, I will sack you immediately and have you bundled and thrown out of the premises…..all these people praising you just don’t want to tell you the truth. A simple you are sorry an greeting would have been okay “life simple na we just dey make am hard” if you are tired of the job be diplomatic about quitting not raising your shoulders with your boss.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by onoja12: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
what a generation, if it was me ,you would be fired on the spot. then anytime a company calls in respect to background checks, you would get the worst review.
if you have such manner towards your director then i am sorry for the customers.

Rtk5:
I went to my director's office to get something from the secretary, i met the presence of a lot of people including a visitor, so i left.

While going he called me back infront of everybody and said didn't you see me?

I answered by saying how? he said, so you can't greet me? I now told him but i greeted you earlier on while you were outside but you never answered.

Then he said that means you didn't open your mouth loud enough. I replied by saying sir, even if i don't greet you, my mind might be somewhere else, then he said why will your mind be somewhere else, your mind must always be here.

I said it is not possible for my mind to always be here sir.

That was all and the following day, i received a letter of suspension without querry. I was asked to sign the letter but i refused and i told the secretary that before i leave all my outstanding salaries should be paid to me. But they refused saying until i finish my 4weeks suspension, I refused and then threatened them with legal action.

Then I received this text today.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by MrSly(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
I went to my director's office to get something from the secretary, i met the presence of a lot of people including a visitor, so i left.

While going he called me back infront of everybody and said didn't you see me?

I answered by saying how? he said, so you can't greet me? I now told him but i greeted you earlier on while you were outside but you never answered.

Then he said that means you didn't open your mouth loud enough. I replied by saying sir, even if i don't greet you, my mind might be somewhere else, then he said why will your mind be somewhere else, your mind must always be here.

I said it is not possible for my mind to always be here sir.

That was all and the following day, i received a letter of suspension without querry. I was asked to sign the letter but i refused and i told the secretary that before i leave all my outstanding salaries should be paid to me. But they refused saying until i finish my 4weeks suspension, I refused and then threatened them with legal action.

Then I received this text today.
Your boss is humane. You exhibit such misdemeanor to someone else but I am sure that if the table is turned around you would be far worse.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by neutrotoba(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Jeremani:
Na Wetin salary earners dey face

But dey try apply wisdom

If them sack hope u get better plan?

A reminder job dey scarce

I'm also imagining slaves back then being told "if you don't behave yourself, you know you could be sold and may never see your family again"
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by freshbear(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
oodua1stson:
If I were your oga I would fire you. And if you do weyrey you will not get a penny from your salary.

I've employed idiots like you before and dealt with them
You are a very stupid cow for calling him an idiot.Baggars like you will just be opening ur gutter mouth anyhow.A family man and four solid month no salary to feed and all the insecure boss care about is greetings!
You my friend are the idiot!

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Nauttyprof(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Shalommy:
If you can't be loyal to your boss then be your own boss.

So, loyalty is by greetings? Besides, is loyalty a one-way thing? A boss who wants his employee to be loyal to him won't treat them like they don't exist and then, show off his superiority in the presence of others.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by ambimo(m): 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
OdefaGirl:
Sometimes, throwing in a greeting where there are so many people isn't ok for an office. You can just nod. Your Boss calling you back to ask you such question in the presence of visitors shows that you guys have existing problem.
so true!\
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by tonididdy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
How you take different from president zelensky?? undecided

Ordinary sorry, you throw at job wey scarce!
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by damosade(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hunger never wire u
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Karlzy01(m): 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
Shalommy:
You rubbed shoulder with your director and it's bad. You're lucky ain't a sack letter.
Lucky you say?
It's people like you that will be working at a job that will almost take ur life and you'd still be there because fear.
Sack letter is not the end of the world,if he was surviving b4 he got the job he'll still survive even if he loses the job.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by lomprico(m): 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
Willie2015:

Op is not wise ...

You need to honor your boss...

"Your future is determined by who you choose to honor, and if you fail in your life, it will be because of a person you have chosen to dishonor." Mike M
His boss is not honorable
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by iTearHerToto: 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
Shalommy:
That's not you on dp. If not..... angry
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by armyofone(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
mowapa:
It's the mindset of Nigerians that has been so abused and tormented to sometimes see their rights as favor.
Where is it stated that greeting your bosses is a condition for your employment?
An elected politician expects us to thank him/her for constructing a road with our tax money..shame on all people advising the Op to apologize.

You are right - there should be jobs security around in order to change the system though.

Greetings is being polite.
Saying my apology is being polite.

Everything is just to make the work environment go smoothly.

Now op will join the jobbers searchers. He is welcome.
Tomorrow na MFM church dem go hear it binding one witch or wizard for Job loss or inability to get a new job.
Which one is easy ? Going to church to pray for job or saying my apology, good morning oga ?
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by miqos02(m): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
OSDD:

If you see the money collect
Bros abeg, you fit reason me 1k from the 5k??
if you see the 1k collect abeg give me 200 naira make I sub for data
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by torqque7(m): 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rtk5:
So I should be happy staying for 4months at a stretch without pay? How then will I feed my family?

Well its unfortunate that they don't pay on time but you are about to loose your job..infact you probably have lost it already. I suspended a staff that worked in my company but he was making noise and telling the manager that he must be paid for the days he had worked which was just about 15days in a new month and this his demand just sealed his sack and he latter sent me messages pleading and trying to blackmail the manager because according to him it was the manager who fed me lies about him lol..now he is currently unemployed and broke. And the funniest part is I never owe staff salaries and he didn't value that. Anyway goodluck to you but world of advice humility gets you better results than pride and arrogance.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Omobada(m): 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2022
HenryDion:
Hmmm... It's obvious you don't like the job nor your director, and have been nursing the thought to leave.

Despite all my achievements, I'm ready to greet someone 10 times if I see them 10 times that day.

In this case, you barged into a room full of people, then barged out without greeting?

That's weird.

Your responses to your director exudes arrogance. I probably would have fired you at the spot if I were in his shoe.

Once hunger wire you in this Buhari era, your brain will reset.
Don't mind him... He actually belongs to this generation of mannerless.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by pharmaking: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
From what you narrated, the beef did not start today.

I tell people, if you have not gather enough balls to start your own biz, then learn to be humble.

God said, respect those in the position of leadership, because I put them there.

I don't regards arrogant bosses and colleagues a long as we are all here to queue for payday.

I respect a vulcanizer and mechanic even more than my MD.Why, they don't depend on anybody.

That does not mean I will not fake my respect for them anywhere I see them.

You may not like you employer, but always love your job.That means you have to force-like your employer.

If you try that with me, you might not be this lucky sha.Your bills are light, that is why you can look at your director in the face.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Willie2015: 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
lomprico:

His boss is not honorable

His boss do not need to be honourable.....
Op should have overlook his boss inadequacies....
And tap from the gift and opportunities that he can get from his boss as a director...
This is a perfect example of how we close doors to big opportunities...
With our own hands......
By ignoring the gift of Men.....
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Dollish(f): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
For your mind now u made sense abi? Common sense is not common
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Eynosaintval(m): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your director?

Honestly you stupid...I'm sorry if that came out wrong.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by oodua1stson: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
freshbear:

You are a very stupid cow for calling him an idiot.Baggars like you will just be opening ur gutter mouth anyhow.A family man and four solid month no salary to feed and all the insecure boss care about is greetings!
You my friend are the idiot!
1st of, he did not put it in his post that he was owed 4 month's salary.

2nd you be oloriburuku. I did not quote or mention you b4 you jumped on my comments

3rd the op did not respect himself. Like why work for 4 month's without pay? Nobody can try that trash with me. I go beat you like say I wan kill you. I do t owe my staff. I pay salaries the very day the month ends.
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Holywizard: 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
toyini1234:

me too need 1k boss
I didn't see 5kobo
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by WarriFirstBorn(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
So there was money to pay him all these while?
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by Dagrace01(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Came4amo:

When u look like an apology u sure need to .. grin

You know prior to this time that this is Africa!
Greetings are like food to us, we don't care whether u are up to do at your job, inasmuch u can lick the ass of ur boss 24/7 u are a good employee.. That's what works here, though abnormal but u should have known from the onset.. It started when u wete in primary and secondary schools, ur class captain must attain ur respect, if not, ur name will always be in the list of noisemakers..
In the university, ur course rep may not submit ur assignment if u don't show a certain level of respect to him or her..
Even for nysc camp, u don enter gbeke if the platoon leader doesn't feel respected by u..
At church and mosque, ur youth president or whatever must me extremely respected, else, u are in deep soup..
At home, if u try any nonsense with the first born, u fit no eat when papa and mama no dey around..
This is Africa, u were groomed this way, though it is abnormal but these are the norms here, its either u take it or u leave it.
About ur legal actions, comrade that director will find another allegation to shoot u in the leg rather than just not greeting him.. U beta respect urself and goan apologize..
E be like say u don see work for oil company abi..

So sad it has to be this way..
If this happens to us in the western world, we'll be screaming racism, what name do we give to this now
So sad! sad
Re: I Was Given A Suspension Letter by wamide042(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
From the body of your typing i can say that you will be a very hard person to correct, even when typing you still show a sign of proudness and it’s not good for your health..
Whenever your Oga is talking to you no matter the tone don’t even think of replying him/her in that manner even if he/she is younger than you. Now you have been suspended and you’re here complaining.
When you return back you better swallow your pride and apologize…
If you like still be asking ‘Apologize for what exactly’ this statement is always the beginning of pride and it will oneday ruin you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appointment Letter With Department Of Petroleum Resources (DPR). / N-power Beneficiaries, Corpers Could Be Recruited As Community Policemen — FG / The Number 1 Thing That Disqualifies Candidates From First Round Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.