Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians (17232 Views)

Meet The House Of Representatives Members From Imo State (2019) / House Of Representatives Members Drinking While DSS Shutdown NASS (Photos) / 37 House Of Representatives Members Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by lalasticlala(m): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2022
House of Reps’ Delegation Arrives Romania, Supervises Evacuation of Nigerians From Ukraine

A delegation from the House of Representatives has landed Romania to begin oversight and assist in the evacuation of Nigerians from Ukraine following Russia’s invasion of the Eastern European nation.

The group is led by the House Leader, Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, a statement from the Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs to the Chairman, House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Nkem Anyata-Lafia, added.

“The lawmakers, who departed the country yesterday after very close monitoring of the degenerating situation in the last few days through which they maintained close contacts with officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Nigerian Missions in Ukraine, Bucharest, Budapest, Warsaw, and other regional neighbouring countries to Ukraine, as well as the fleeing Nigerian nationals, were received on arrival by officials of the Nigerian Missions in the area,” the statement said.

“The delegation was subsequently led to meet with Nigerian evacuees who were already at the airport awaiting the first flight that would leave for Nigeria.”

During their interaction with the Nigerians, who are mostly students, the delegation conveyed the House’s goodwill and expressed confidence that the conflict will end soon.

Their arrival followed a resolution by the House during plenary last week with the Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila mandating Ado-Doguwa and the Chairman, House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Yusuf Buba Yakub, to visit Ukraine and ensure Nigerians who want to return home are supported.

Already, more than 2, 000 Nigerians have been received by Nigerian missions in countries like Slovakia, Romania, Poland, and Hungary. The first batch of evacuees is expected to land the country later in the day.

Officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs put the number of Nigerians in Ukraine at about five thousand six hundred.

https://veracitydesk.com.ng/2022/03/03/house-of-reps-delegation-arrives-romania-supervises-evacuation-of-nigerians-from-ukraine/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by alsudan: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2022
Anything for the oversight and the DTA/ESTACODE MULA.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Noblechykk(m): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2022
Nigeria my country; what a waste of scarce resources

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by IgweOfNnewi: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2022
Why do we still have large numbers of Nigerians in Ukraine, I thought Kanu nnamadi the president of online republic of biafra have instructed the king of Igbos in Germany to rescue the Igbos from Ukraine by using his diplomatic relationship and power, was it just an online boasting and chest beating, something is not right, buhari should go for questioning by IPOB ESN cannibals and miscreants

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by pyyxxaro: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2022
Vagabonds in Power undecided

7 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Sabadon(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
Shebi Naija no get embassey for there? Abi spirit of ajala don possess them.......like president like reps

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Eriokanmi: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
What we see today is a simple result of a failed government and leadership since 1960. We've had successive leaders who had every opportunity to make things right but failed. We claim to love a country called Nigeria but deep down our throats, we're greedy and selfish.

Nigeria is richer than Ukraine but the difference is leadership. Things work seamlessly over there. They even jailed their leader for indulging in corruption. Ukraine is simply developing their country with Nigerian money. The day my cousin's medical course fees were paid, I shook my head. It was so much but I can't blame the guy. The same leaders delegated by the NA for the evacuation are part of those who destroyed Nigeria. I wish there could be a revolution now sef. Most of them enjoyed free education, government scholarships, etc. But what happens today? Their children are schooling overseas on taxpayers money, while the Children of the tax payers are at home. I hope our youths would do the needful by sending them packing next year else, nothing would change.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by illuminutty: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
A big lesson to all those that would start talking bad about Nigeria once they leave the country. At the end of the day, no place like home. Let us work to make this country work because when kasala burst for yankee, home is always the only place to go. You wey dey UK, Canada, US and other 1st world European countries and bragging, looking down and saying unprintable things about Nigeria, the day e go choke you for yanke - dead or alive - Nigeria would be the only place to return to.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Mrupdate11: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
It is well, it will definitely end.

My question is, after the war, will they go back to Ukraine or what?

And also those of them schooling.

Tribute to war victims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWb8jnWbsW8
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by NaijaGoBetter20: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
Ok
These people like wasting our money walahi, is it a must for them to travel to Romania to evacuate "stranded Nigerians".

I believe we have an embassy in Romania that I think are in a better position to take care of these people (Stranded Naija) so why must we send people from naija again.

They will occupy space that supposes to be used for "stranded Nigerian"

They will stay in Hotel and the bill will be on the Nigeria government (waste of national resources)

They we also claim some travelling benefit et al

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by flejnr2(f): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2022
Now give me one good reason they
Went there?? What's the work of the embassy in Romania?? If they come back now Dem go sign off $100,000 as expenses.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Kazeem47(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Nice one.This one that they went there by themselves,they will use this opportunity to stack their pockets with hard currencies.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by hijopov658: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Hahaha e don reach up to that ??
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by hijopov658: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Hahaha e don reach up to that ??
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by othermen: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Most of the 3.5 billion earmarked by the clueless Buhari administration for the evacuation of Nigerians will go to these lots pocket.

What exactly is their purpose there? If not to just waste resources …

6 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by mbahdi(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2022
Useless men.wish russia armies will get hold of dem
Eye service as if there care.dem nvr evacuate nigerians here from hunger na people far away dem wun go evacuate.abeg evacuate to come dey do watin exygatlly
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Enemyofpeace: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2022
Must they travel there before the people can be evacuated? I no just understand these people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by goldtube(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2022
sad
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by deepwater(f): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2022
lol
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Enemyofpeace: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2022
flejnr2:
Now give me one good reason they
Went there?? What's the work of the embassy in Romania?? If they come back now Dem go sign off $100,000 as expenses.
the name of the game is esta codes

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by crossfm: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2022
Hehehe.

Everyone need their own share of the loot.

Going there as watin, oh I forgot, they have super power. Efulefu's.
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by LibertyRep: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2022
Feelers from Hungary was that the aircraft they brought isn't big enough and the selection for the airlifting is already affected by the man - know - man Nigeria factor. Some of them couldn't even find there names on the list yet these 'honorables' have taken part of the insufficient space available.

The trip is needless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by sammychimex(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2022
Like really to do what? Are they pilots,air craft engrs or air hostess? What's their role there please? ASUU is here begging for the upgrading of our universities so they can look like what is obtainable globally they said there's no money, but they can be money for stupid trips as this? Am sure none of them 8s on a budget of less than 30000$.
This is how they ensure that poverty is entrenched in the next generation. They will do everything to make sure our education system remains backward so that every generation will always be under their wickedness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by Antoeni(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2022
Please Don't Evacuate IPOB Members, They Said they are Not Nigerians That They are Biafrans and That Nigeria is a Zoo,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by verybadmouth(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2022
Most of the returnees are students. Abeg make them give them admission to study their course of choice in Uniabuja or Delsu grin
Re: House Of Representatives Members Visit Romania To Evacuate Nigerians by McKayConcept(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2022
Join this certificate training course and become an expert in SPSS data analysis which can fetch you reasonable extra income....see fliers for details.
Join Now
https:///ItogVcCBdBi9rwx2KFDGfX

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISWAP Set To Use Drones, Advanced Tech / Hope Uzodimma Receives Hydrographic Report On Oguta Lake (Photos) / Two Anambra Governorship Aspirants In A Auto Crash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.