Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? (27353 Views)

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by lakeside79937: 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
You need a quick medical check up that could be symptoms of dementia. I hope they can diagnose it in Nigeria . But easy to be diagnosise here in UK with just blood test

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Kazeem47(m): 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
Dawn91:

Stop panicking
say no to vawulence.I have been observing you these days,anything little thing that happened you react vawulently.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Kingcalls: 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
Try brain registration... its a formula used when u don't take some stuff u do serious... b4 u do something mark it down in ur head as u do it...like remember that u cud forget and u then do that stuff fo u to remember.. its psychology

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Freelane33(m): 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
grin . Are you thinking what I am thinking ?

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Dawn91(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kazeem47:
say no to vawulence.I have been observing you these days,anything little thing that happened you react vawulently.

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by airsaylongcome: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
ADHD?
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Nilx: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
I’m afraid you might have one and I think it’s might be serious. But buhari has been managing his so well, so good

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by avalon7(m): 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
4.8 CGPA? No gree make school drive you crazy oh. If your problem is memory loss then you should have a hard time passing exams.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Nikkganc08(m): 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2022

Its a medical condition.

Probably , u inherited from someone in ur family. Check ur uncles, aunty, grandma/grandpa, etc. You'd notice exactly what I said. Someone has it.

That forgetfulness is what causes d HIGH intelligence.

Read about albeit Einstein.
He spent 12months in d womb and has a brain disorder. At d end , he became super-intelligent.

Read about Stephen hawking too.
Crippled , speechless with brain disorder but super intelligent.

Same goes to some albinos.
Skin disorder but intelligent.

I once had a female friend with similar case.
She kept on skipping classes at primary school cos of her intelligence and she always took d first position despite d classes she jumped.

Imagine taking someone from jss1, then put her in Jss3 yet she takes d 1st position there.

Next term, instead of ss1, u take her to ss2 yet she still takes d 1st position there.

She graduated from secondary school at around 13 years (instead of d usual 16 - 18)
As at her year 3 in the university d bank refused to open an account for her cos she was still below 18years.
She had to go to d bank with her mum before something was arranged for her.

Why am I saying all these?

She was smart.
We were close friends.
We had long midnight calls and discussed our goals together.
She preached to me about Jesus Christ.

One day, I called her on phone and guess what?

She can't remember who I am.
I explained and described all I could but she couldn't recall.
We met, yet no idea.

At some point, she was even thinking that I am a stranger that's trying to scam her.

It was her junior sis that told me to forget everything or start toasting her afresh.
That forgetting me is normal cos of her mental wahala and she has as well forgotten most of her close female friends.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Jmichael1(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
E bi lyk say ur brain dn full ooh,beside 2much tinking slf dey make person 4get sum kind tin.
abeg no dy tink 2much

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by OBALOLA55(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

Vascular dementia is for old people with multiple strokes, right?

But I'm still a nineteen-year-old girl. cry
REDUCE TOO MUCH KEREWA
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by miteolu(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Improve your sex life
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by joelag: 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Na small small e take dey start. Please don't walk through Yaba area oooh. E get why

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by omoadeleye(m): 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

I have been expecting your call since yesterday, you didn't call me, why?

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Masaudmuhammed: 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
if you're easily forgetting things
Eat garlic for 3 days or 1 week

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Jmichael1(m): 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
Kazeem47:

no be him dey shout vawulence vawulence yesterday?
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by kingyakos: 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
hybridblood07:
I have the same issue. I think it's nature
.....how can u say it's nature, low retentive memory is sometimes as a result of lack of meditation, exercise,reading,rest and even gaming.
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Bubblewitch: 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:
Please help me Nairalander! Do I have a medical problem? Why do I forget things a lot?

Here’s the thing, I am someone who forgets things a lot. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but this problem is ruining the relationship I have with people.

There’ll be times when my friends would call telling me to do stuff for them, and the next day when we meet and they ask for the feedback, I’ll be there looking stupid because I didn’t remember them calling me at all. This is a problem because most times they think I faking the fact that I failed to remember.

I’ll be nineteen in a few months but I’m seriously worried for myself. I’m the kind of person who buys about three PEN every single day because I always forget where I dropped the last ones.

Don’t get me wrong, I do well in school, I currently have a 4.8 CGPA. The things I’m taught in school always seem to stick in my head, but every other thing doesn’t.

I have lost a lot of valuable friends because of this. Yes! It’s that bad.

There was a time I had a huge quarrel with a toxic friend, we ended up breaking up our friendship. But when the next semester began, I started wondering why she wasn’t talking to me. I tried approaching her but she ignored me.

I didn’t understand her behavior until the day I was flipping through my diary where I read that I had quarreled with her.

Please, I need help! My mum complains a lot about my behavior! Do I have a medical condition?

This problem is so bad that I had to buy a bracelet that connects my phone to my hand because I have lost count of how many times my phone slipped out of my hands.
If not for the sound that my phone makes when it hits the floor, I never would have known that it slipped off my hands.

I can’t write all of the experiences I’ve had, but please I need help! I’m tired of carrying a book Jotter/planner around, and I’m tired of setting an alarm for something small like “TAKE THE CUP BACK TO THE KITCHEN".

HELP ME!
This could be early onset of dementia
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by ArchyDesmond(m): 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
How do u remember that you forget things easily? grin

8 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by mrprolifik: 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:
Please help me Nairalander! Do I have a medical problem? Why do I forget things a lot?

Here’s the thing, I am someone who forgets things a lot. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but this problem is ruining the relationship I have with people.

There’ll be times when my friends would call telling me to do stuff for them, and the next day when we meet and they ask for the feedback, I’ll be there looking stupid because I didn’t remember them calling me at all. This is a problem because most times they think I faking the fact that I failed to remember.

I’ll be nineteen in a few months but I’m seriously worried for myself. I’m the kind of person who buys about three PEN every single day because I always forget where I dropped the last ones.

Don’t get me wrong, I do well in school, I currently have a 4.8 CGPA. The things I’m taught in school always seem to stick in my head, but every other thing doesn’t.

There was a time I had a huge quarrel with a toxic friend, we ended up breaking up our friendship. But when the next semester began, I started wondering why she wasn’t talking to me. I tried approaching her but she ignored me.

I didn’t understand her behavior until the day I was flipping through my diary where I read that I had quarreled with her.

Please, I need help! My mum complains a lot about my behavior! Do I have a medical condition?

This problem is so bad that I had to buy a bracelet that connects my phone to my hand because I have lost count of how many times my phone slipped out of my hands.
If not for the sound that my phone makes when it hits the floor, I never would have known that it slipped off my hands.

I can’t write all of the experiences I’ve had, but please I need help! I’m tired of carrying a book Jotter/planner around, and I’m tired of setting an alarm for something small like “TAKE THE CUP BACK TO THE KITCHEN".

HELP ME!

Try to eat foods rich in vitamin B-12 , and also omega-3 ( fish oil). You can also get them in the form of supplements either from a pharmacy or supplement stores. Reduce intake of foods that cause inflammation and also indulge in some form of physical activities (exercise).

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by DSC7: 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Do you also forget ur account balance? undecided
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Oladelepsy001(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
It's likely you masturbate a lot..

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Bubblewitch: 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

young people have also been diagnosed with dementia
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Nicenixon: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

Perhaps you have a lot on your mind , Don't think of it too much , I think one time it was happening with me or it's still happening I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember details from 10 years ago , I even remember things that happened when I was like 3 but tell me who just passed 5 seconds ago I will not remember , I also thought it was normal it was very bad when I was 14 , I forgot names of alot of people , I still do but omo it was horrible back then , even my first year in uni I had to write my address at the back of my phone and it stayed there for months , I read it before going to call bike grin , but I'm too young to say anything is wrong with me oh , it's probably just coz I'm always lost in thought , I daydream everywhere
You are right probably, I remember my past more than my present but it got to a point that it was very bad that I had no other option than to clear my mind about things relating to my past. I believe the reason is because the way our brain is wired and our psychological setting is different from other people.
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by tellwisdom: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Just send me
your money so u don’t forget them.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by emmykk(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
FavourWrites:

HELP ME!

grin grin grin
You can't be president ooo

Otherwise minister will be cashout on you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by eyiolarhomisore: 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Are you Yoruba?
If yes, Do Ògun ìsòyè (for retentive memory)

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by geesilver(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
But I thought forgetting is part of being intelligent
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Opexzy: 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
I am not sure if it is a medical condition...
I am in the same boat. It will take the miracle of God to remember anything I don't have on my daily schedule. I am a very busy person and I always have a lot of things to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Has Been Bleeding For Over Two Months After Family Planning / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.