Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? (27377 Views)

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Ayobami0411: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2022
ceematics:
You either read too much or you think too much. You have overworked your brain. You need to free up some space in ur memory If you spend so much time on your phone or Laptop you need to reduce it.

Abeg you fit borrow me 50k I go pay you back next month ....I wan check something grin grin grin

You are wicked bro... Lolzzz
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by IlorinBoy1: 11:57am On Mar 05, 2022
Don’t sweat it. Your brain is special, and that’s why you’re intelligent. I know know someone who graduated with almost 5.0cgpa. Same situation. He can’t tell you even his family’s birthdays with certainty. Heck he can’t even tell you the dates his parents died. He always forgets his wife’s birthday. He always carries a notepad everywhere. But it has a good side. He always forgets his pains easily smiley . Don’t sweat it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
Chrisx1x:
you just described me. I am a good mathematician but to remember faces na issue for me

I wish this world was just about numbers I swr I won't forget anything cheesy
Forgetting faces has cost me a lot in this life.
Do you like going out a lot like are you extroverted?
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by brainycaleb(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
I have this same condition, it began when I was 13 or 14. I'm an "A" student and before then, I remember every bit of action that happens and can recount them in order and that was how I never took notes in class but beat the score of the best student in the whole school during exams(I never missed classes) . Then my family had issues and it hurts to be able to recount vividly... I chose to forget and it was a blessing at first but right now, sometimes I wish I still had the curse.

It made me determined to raise a better family. And as I type this, I'm feeling emotional. People still say I'm too brilliant for my good and all that stuff but I'm just a shadow of my real self and that hurts me a lot.
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by Chrisx1x(m): 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
Remag666:

I wish this world was just about numbers I swr I won't forget anything cheesy
Forgetting faces has cost me a lot in this life.
Do you like going out a lot like are you extroverted?
No. I am a core introvert
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by oxygenator: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2022
FavourWrites:

No, I don't do drugs. I'm only 19.

How do I get help?

Bros don't waite for too long because it is a medical problem.

If you are interested in solving it read this article here. The earlier the better.

https://alzheimersnewstoday.com/2021/10/05/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-prevents-alzheimers-processes-mice/

Hope you have heard of in teligent graduates whey don dey waka about for street na because dem suffer memory loss and na so dem take start.

They lost their identity and cannot remember whom they were.

We can help you now if you are serious. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy -HBOT can stop more brain cells from vanishing.

HBOT can restore your memory because nothing can do it better.
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by NeuroDivergent: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2022
/
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by NeuroDivergent: 10:25am On Mar 06, 2022
Dawn91:
Do you smoke weed? Its a common condition with people who have been smoking weed for long though nowadays drugs like tramadol causes it

It's called aphazia (don't know if I spelled it right ) it's an issue with the temporal memory part of the Brain .

Grab a seat Hun it gets worse with age one day you will wake up and you can't remember your own name ...

Hahaha I am joking it's very treatable grin

Not the kind of jokes you should be making in this kinda scenario though
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by NeuroDivergent: 10:44am On Mar 06, 2022
Emmerlee:
I know a couple of persons that are like that, especially women. Most of you only forget things that you do not hold dear, but things that are important to you are never forgotten, that's why you do not forget your books but forget your friends easily. If you ask me I'd say the problem is you only care about yourself. Kill the self centeredness first cool

You're wrong
It's not always a case of being self-centered

Most often it's not intentional

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by RedChiefPriest: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
FavourWrites:
Please help me Nairalander! Do I have a medical problem? Why do I forget things a lot?

Here’s the thing, I am someone who forgets things a lot. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but this problem is ruining the relationship I have with people.

There’ll be times when my friends would call telling me to do stuff for them, and the next day when we meet and they ask for the feedback, I’ll be there looking stupid because I didn’t remember them calling me at all. This is a problem because most times they think I faking the fact that I failed to remember.

I’ll be nineteen in a few months but I’m seriously worried for myself. I’m the kind of person who buys about three PEN every single day because I always forget where I dropped the last ones.

Don’t get me wrong, I do well in school, I currently have a 4.8 CGPA. The things I’m taught in school always seem to stick in my head, but every other thing doesn’t.

I have lost a lot of valuable friends because of this. Yes! It’s that bad.

There was a time I had a huge quarrel with a toxic friend, we ended up breaking up our friendship. But when the next semester began, I started wondering why she wasn’t talking to me. I tried approaching her but she ignored me.

I didn’t understand her behavior until the day I was flipping through my diary where I read that I had quarreled with her.

Please, I need help! My mum complains a lot about my behavior! Do I have a medical condition?

This problem is so bad that I had to buy a bracelet that connects my phone to my hand because I have lost count of how many times my phone slipped out of my hands.
If not for the sound that my phone makes when it hits the floor, I never would have known that it slipped off my hands.

I can’t write all of the experiences I’ve had, but please I need help! I’m tired of carrying a book Jotter/planner around, and I’m tired of setting an alarm for something small like “TAKE THE CUP BACK TO THE KITCHEN".

HELP ME!

Go to the hospital and you can also pray about it sha
One of my brothers used to have something similar to this.
Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by blaquebelle: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2022
Topic: CAUSES OF FORGETFULNESS
Does your occasional inability to remember things bother you? Has it been happening more often lately? Are you experiencing normal memory problems or is it something worse, like dementia or Alzheimer’s?

Chances your problems are caused by the early onset of one of those neurological problems are small. There is a bigger chance that your forgetfulness is caused by lack of sleep, thyroid dysfunctions, stress, depression or substance abuse.

*Lack of sleep*
Imaging and behavioural studies show that a lack of sleep reduces a person's ability to concentrate and learn efficiently. Furthermore, we need sleep to build up and strengthen a memory so that it can be recollected in the future.

*Stress*
Stress actually reduces your ability to concentrate, thus making it harder for you to recall certain information. Both stress and anxiety can block the creation of new memories or the recovery of old ones.

*Multitasking*
Taking on too much tasks at once can cause serious stress, make you distracted and uncappable of storing information properly. Frequent interruptions and leaping from one thing to the other make it hard for your brain to shape new memories.

*Emotional distress*
Some of the signs of depression include lack of drive, changes in one’s sleep habits, loss of concentration and forgetfulness. Depression and anxiety can cause or contribute to your inability to remember and make it difficult for you to concentrate.

*Alcohol*
Alcohol consumption is known for its ability to interfere with short-term memory. This interference usually stays even after the effects of the substance itself have worn off. More than two drinks for men and one for women per day can impair mental abilities and make you forgetful.

*Medications*
Certain medications, such as tranquilizers, antidepressants and even some blood pressure drugs can affect memory. This is usually because they cause sedation or confusion which makes it hard to pay attention to new things.

*Underactive thyroid*
A malfunctioning thyroid can affect memory (and disrupt sleep or lead to depression - both of which can cause forgetfulness). A simple blood and imaging test can tell if your thyroid is working properly or not
#copied
Cc: FavourWrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? by nirwaarun: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Today, there are lots of people facing an issue of mental disorder. A person suffering from a mental disorder should seek the advice of the best Neurologist in Punjab in order to improve their health or brain condition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ebola Facts!!! / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.