Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It (22116 Views)

Lady Reveals How Much She Had Left After Paying Bills From Her Salary In The US / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Biafranodogwu55: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
Wahala be like what again?
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Perfectbeing(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
Was the wrong account holder also bearing the same name and surname with her? Didn't the person doing the payment cross checked the name before paying the salary? Even POS merchants hardly makes such mistakes.

Both your friend and the person doing the payment are incompetent..
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Esthered: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
The story is fake OP. The person will be asked to open an account with the bank upon assuming the role. With proper documentation and onboarding, this mistake can not happen as the details are always verified.
Abeg OP you just want to trend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Ofuks(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
I have worked in two banks.
Banks open salary accounts for both core and non core staff, even for their drivers, cleaners and security guards.
Bank staff salary accounts are different from the regular customer accounts.
The HR unit of your bank should follow up in the recovery of the funds credited to the wrong salary account that you provided.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by macrodata(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Unfortunately for her, there was no due diligence from the salary unit to verify the submitted information.

The information will expose the mix up as the account number would have revealed someone else's details and not your friend.
Thank you for that comment. I need not say more.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
cooltola:
Your friend is not a mumu, people make mistakes- No one is above mistakes. If the company cannot pay her back, she will learn from her mistake, she will be foolish if the mistake happen again . It is an unfortunate event.
Are you whynning me?
Company pay her again?
You are really funny.
If you own a company, you will pay your worker twice for being stupid, right?
I hear.
She should correct the mistake and forget about the one that has been paid into the wrong account.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by mistijude: 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Someone posted a thread yesterday saying he received an alert of 120k wrongly sent into his account.Go and collect your salary from him.....lol
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Mayeldah(m): 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
She Is a contract staff

Even at that, Nigerian banks will open an account for you once you are employed even if you are just working for them for one week.

The story seems fictional
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Joshua12345(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
People saying the story is fake don't really understand that salaries is being credited in batches, somehow not all Cash officers verify all over again.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by nick50(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
The bank should be held solely for d mistake ..u said the lady sent a wrong account number so I want to ask u...did the gal made a mistake with her account name too?
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Finchmgh: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
wisdomkid:

Mr madam oga perfect. No mistake is too big or small. thank god for pipo like you who have NEVER DONE any mistake till date.. I hope you apply same energy to other area's of your life and not "recharge card"
Same goes for you.
Mr Inspector
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
Top 5 bank ko
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by cooltola(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
MASTERMIND04:

Are you whynning me?
Company pay her again?
You are really funny.
If you own a company, you will pay your worker twice for being stupid, right?
I hear.
She should correct the mistake and forget about the one that has been paid into the wrong account.
Of course I do not think the company will pay her again, that is why I wrote if the company cannot
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Omotosho1090905(m): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Fake ass story even coming loan shark company go don get their employees account number right from onset to the payroll
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ara21:
What kind of mistake is that, how she be so careless.
This One Na just Nollywood Movie !!!
The bank no go compare dem staff name with dem account Number ni ? undecided undecided undecided
Besides Bank Staff Salary account is different from other Bank none Bank staff account ! undecided
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
cooltola:

Of course I do not think the company will pay her again, that is why I wrote if the company cannot
Okay
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
U can't differentiate between employer & employee. Review ur post and make corrections.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by EmmaLege: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by do4luv14(m): 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

The problem started when her first salary
came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

The bank now call his next of kin to tell him what his next of kin has done.

Please what can my friend do
She so devastated

Help please

simple, his Bank should check the guy information, trace him, and arrest him asap, nah there em go serious return money
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by damiloladuke: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
So banks can call next of kin because she's one of theirs. Why not follow the usual police/court order procedure
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Someone like your friend not supposed to be working in bank because of that silly mistake she did unto herself. That means she can do worse to others customer.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Olam09(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

The problem started when her first salary
came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

She so devastated

Help please

Damn..
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Twoclans(f): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ademola47:
Why can't they tag the wrong account 'Post No Debit' till the money is retrieved?

Even if they do,the Nigrian that has that account will abandon it and go to another bank.

They can initiate GIS on his banking details but even at that he is most likely to abandon banking transactions entirely. You will be shocked the extent Nigerians can go.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by wink2015(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
This is a very expensive mistake.

Call it carelessness of the highest order.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Goldbw122(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
That is why I always copy and paste my accounts to avoid any sort of any kind of error
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Higgies(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
I had similar but quite different experience too
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2022
Pont of correction, No Nigeria commercial bank will ask his/her employees to send account number to salary unit for salary payment because it is the duty of the bank to open account for their employees including contracts where his/her salary can be pay into the account opened.
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

The problem started when her first salary came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .

She so devastated

Help please
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by careytommy37(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
mistijude:
Someone posted a thread yesterday saying he received an alert of 120k wrongly sent into his account.Go and collect your salary from him.....lol

�����
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
The customer quickly withdraw the money, no b small Sapa don hold that customer for a long time
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by merits(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

I know people make mistakes, but this kind of mistake is so dumb!

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.
the way i see you.you won't even trust God too,this one wey you dey always double check for everything. grin
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by akingold2: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
The staff is dumb, the salary unit is dumb, the bank must be dumb. Please avoid this bank. It is filled with dumb workers.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by brandsoncharlie: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

This case looks weird for a top 5 bank worker where accounts are opened by the same bank.

Anyways ..anything is possible..

I think your sister should get her money...

Yes..your sister made a mistake...
But I feel your sister is an internal customer to the person who uploaded the salary schedule in head office in this case..
it’s also the person’s responsibility to check all names tally with account number.....

For example ...If a customer gives a teller a wrong name and account number and the teller posts without checking...it’s the teller’s fault oooo...

I think it’s almost the same case here
This case isn't a teller issue. There's a space for employees to fill in their bank details when newly employed, if u make mistakes with out crosschecking your money Don go another person account.
She should report to the department in charge of payslip if her company does that, they will correct it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.