Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It (22142 Views)

Lady Reveals How Much She Had Left After Paying Bills From Her Salary In The US / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Tats(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
GooodHardDick:
They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls grin grin

at the bold. OP, if na u, u go gree return the money?

Ha! So honest people no dey again? angry
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
theenchanter:
I really doubt this..... A top bank in Nigeria will probably ask it's employees to open a salary account with the bank, that's if they do not own an account with the bank prior their employment.

All these this one now check this, that one now check that na super story, except ur friend is an outsourced worker in the non-banking department.... Like security or a cleaner. smiley

Also, the salary dispatcher ought to check that the names and number of each employee account details corresponds before paying salaries into it.

Wo, double wahala for deady body jare.
maybe she is a contract staff. Contract staffs are not paid directly by the bank but through their agents
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Laideabdulahi: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
theenchanter:
I really doubt this..... A top bank in Nigeria will probably ask it's employees to open a salary account with the bank, that's if they do not own an account with the bank prior their employment.

All these this one now check this, that one now check that na super story, except ur friend is an outsourced worker in the non-banking department.... Like security or a cleaner. smiley

Even if you have an account with prior to your joining, you will still open a new account.

And whoever paid too, should be blamed for not crossing account details with Employee's name.

Also, the salary dispatcher ought to check that the names and number of each employee account details corresponds before paying salaries into it.

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by MITCHELL96: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
merits:

the way i see you.you won't even trust God too,this one wey you dey always double check for everything. grin

No na, I trust GOD, I just don't wanna make silly irreversible mistake grin grin

It has happened to me about 7 years ago, so I know how it felt.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by coolayou(m): 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your friend lacks one very critical skill which is very essential in baking operations - Attention to Details! If this issue is escalated, a very harsh Hr can use this against your friend and this can affect your friend's employability. But even if its overlooked for now, watch out for your friend's appraisal.

Your friend may have to use diplomacy or force on the beneficiary to refund the money, but I bet you, it will be at your friend's expense, not the bank.

The backend Officers who did the salary upload may have ignored red alerts and pushed the submit button simply because its in house transaction.

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by pepericozi: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
The employer made a mistake. The account number and the account name can never be the same.

Why then did he went ahead to pay into wrong account.

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Bamzyriches451: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
theenchanter:

You've said it all... It looks like a cooked up story
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by sammytovic(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Yeah I was surprised too the person sending the salary didn't Cross check
I'm sure you don't know how salaries are been paid, especially in a big organization
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by FireUpNow(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your friend na classified mugu. She is not smart enough to work in a bank
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by LordsBattleAxe(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

I know people make mistakes, but this kind of mistake is so dumb!

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.
shut the Bleep up! Shut up if you can't offer a solution to her predicament. You're right but she doesn't need this right now.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by snoopz: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
Of all things you could have mixed up, na aza details you pick
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by merits(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

No na, I trust GOD, I just don't wanna make silly irreversible mistake grin grin

It has happened to me about 7 years ago, so I know how it felt.

lol..........better to double checked to avoid stories that touched......you are absolutely right.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by pocohantas(f): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
It is IMPOSSIBLE for a new bank employee to be paid salary in a wrong account. What exactly was your friend employed as?

Most banks (I tried hard not to use every) have bespoke staff account numbers that once you hear the first three digits anywhere, you know that is a staff or ex-staff. No bank would allow you use any account for salary. Banks are very organized, give them that.

I am afraid this doesn’t add up. In fact, it never happened.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by MITCHELL96: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
LordsBattleAxe:
shut the Bleep up! Shut up if you can't offer a solution to her predicament. You're right but she doesn't need this right now.

✌️
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Esthered:
The story is fake OP. The person will be asked to open an account with the bank upon assuming the role. With proper documentation and onboarding, this mistake can not happen as the details are always verified.
Abeg OP you just want to trend.
my friend open new salary account , and the customer that the money mistakenly entered his account open new account that same day, so when my friend wanted to copy her account number and to her vendor she mistakenly sent wrong account number,and that customer has withdrew all the money.

The bank has called the customer to return it but the customer claim he has use the money
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by legba1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
Himtulie247:
grin

She needs to be SACKED asap grin grin grin

Before she go credit the whole Bank money into another country Central Bank grin grin grin
Meanwhile.........
It is very impossible for that kind of thing to happen !
The people that post salaries of thier own Bank staff must compare the name against the account number being credited !
ORIGINAL NOLLYWOOD MOVIE lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

BANK STAFF ACCOUNT IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER BANK ACCOUNTS numbers grin
Besides na the Bank go Allocate Staff Account Number to it's staff cool

Don't mind this guy, he brought us "Lori iron"... Everything na Cruise...it's a big fat lie....the bank won't even accept another bank as your salary account,you will open an account with them and there's no way one posting won't confirm name before posting so bros or na sis, talk another thing
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by jimter44(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.

What of the bank staff that credited the wrong account? The bank staff that posted the salaries in the staff accounts supposed to match the account numbers and names on the salary schedule with the account numbers and names in the system. The bank staff that posted the salaries should be held culpable.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Cutehector(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
Lousiness from the employee.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
my friend open new salary account , and the customer that the money mistakenly entered his account open new account that same day, so when my friend wanted to copy her account number and to her vendor she mistakenly sent wrong account number,and that customer has withdrew all the money.

The bank has called the customer to return it but the customer claim he has use the moneyquote author=MITCHELL96 post=110746597]Your friend is a big time mumu angry

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.[/quote]
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Cutehector(m): 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
FireUpNow:
Your friend na classified mugu. She is not smart enough to work in a bank
swears.. So not smart.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by torqque7(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

The problem started when her first salary
came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

The bank now call his next of kin to tell him what his next of kin has done.

Please what can my friend do
She so devastated

Help please

Your friend is really foolish and her stupidity got her here so I have no sympathy for her. People in their right minds crosscheck their banks accounts before they even send it to individuals let alone to a company that employed you. It just means your friend is very careless and uncoordinated a very irresponsible individual. She is really dumb sha,that kind of person shouldn't be allowed to work in places like bank,na househelp her brain capacity fit handle.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Gamesmart: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

She so devastated

Help please

Your friend can try and develop her brain for next time.

Stupidity can be painful sometimes, but it is wonderful because it helps some rejuvenate their brain cells when the pain knack them.

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
The person shouldn't have spent the money... He is playing with prison
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Esthered: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:

The bank has called the customer to return it but the customer claim he has use the money

Someone failed to do DD at the point of crediting the account. Whereas, she ought to have confirmed and reconfirmed when she was sending the account number as I don't expect her to be familiar with it.
This is a lesson for her as she needs to be keen to details with her desk or else if she's a teller, back to back shortage, CSO- profiling the wrong details on a customer's account leading to loss of funds.....
I hope the funds will be recovered.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by MITCHELL96: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
jimter44:

What of the bank staff that credited the wrong account? The bank staff that posted the salaries in the staff accounts supposed to match the account numbers and names on the salary schedule with the account numbers and names in the system. The bank staff that posted the salaries should be held culpable.

No no no! You can't say that

Imagine you gave me your account number, and I made a mistake to send money into another person's account, who is to be blamed here ?

My own job is to send the money to the account you provided to me regardless of the name I saw while executing the transaction, hope you get ??
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by torqque7(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
jimter44:

You are a joker..nobody will hold anyone who paid the money anything..the foolish girl is responsible for her misfortune
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Esthered: 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:
It is IMPOSSIBLE for a new bank employee to be paid salary in a wrong account. What exactly was your friend employed as?

Most banks (I tried hard not to use every) have bespoke staff account numbers that once you hear the first three digits anywhere, you know that is a staff or ex-staff. No bank would allow you use any account for salary. Banks are very organized, give them that.

I am afraid this doesn’t add up. In fact, it never happened.
It may happen as some banks use Savings salary account for outsourced staff which is a product that can be issued to walk in customers.

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by SILVERLINES: 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

She so devastated

Help please
what's she doing in the bank, I mean your friend is not qualified to work in the bank, a banker shouldn't make such a mistake.

Anyways na lie u de lie.

Even in my company I don't call for staffs to submit account number for payment of their salaries. What I do, I call my bank manager to open account for them of which all their payments from my company will be paid to, then how much more a bank itself?
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by pocohantas(f): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Esthered:

It may happen as some banks use Savings salary account for outsourced staff which is a product that can be issued to walk in customers.

Even at that, I very much doubt the Accounts team of a Top5 bank missed that. If the Top5 banks are the ones I have in mind, then I might boldly say again that this never happened.grin
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by dhoncesar(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
[quote author=MITCHELL96 post=110746597]Your friend is a big time mumu angry

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.[/quote

Its very easy. Its not the police job because they might delay the process. Find a way to contact efcc or visit their office. I'm sure the recipient bank has the persons bvn and some other vital information plus the referee . he can be invited via call or letter and if he refuses he will be placed on arrest. Then your money can likely come out .

If he was threatened with the police. He might not comply. But the word efcc will open his network.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? / First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers / AVEVA PDMS (plant Design Management System) Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.