Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It (22140 Views)

Lady Reveals How Much She Had Left After Paying Bills From Her Salary In The US / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Innobee99(m): 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

I know people make mistakes, but this kind of mistake is so dumb!

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.
Na the bank be the real mumu here bro.
How will u pay salary to ur employee without seeing if the name matches or not?

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by VicM6: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
make bank froze the guy acct na or contact him bank, bank sabi how to catch him unless na kolo him go dey use for d rest of his life.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Esthered: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Even at that, I very much doubt the Accounts team of a Top5 bank missed that. If the Top5 banks are the ones I have in mind, then I might boldly say again that this never happened.grin
I'm finding it hard to believe as I wrote earlier but the OP is insisting it happened.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by htron(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
That's how I work with food concepts plc oooh, three months without salary, not knowing that I miss one of my account number, This Girl in question has been eating my sweat for three months ....
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by MITCHELL96: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Innobee99:

Not the bank Bro, Haba na, you suppose sabi this thing

See ehn, what if the bank thought she wanted to collect the funds with another person's account ?

Maybe like a family member's account or spouse ? What if ? So in this case, you can't blame the bank or whoever transferred the money, I sent money to the account number you gave me

It now happened to be you made a mistake in the digits, you're the wrong person here, not me okay ?
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Yeah I was surprised too the person sending the salary didn't Cross check

my friend open new salary account , and the customer that the money mistakenly entered his account open new account that same day, so when my friend wanted to copy her account number to her vendor she mistakenly sent wrong account number,and that customer has withdrew all the money.

The bank has called the customer to return Money but the customer claim he has use the money
Na to use authority get the next of the kin and the main person will appear.. Track down the guy with his address or use next of the kin but this will involve the use of zoo terrorist men in black khaki uniforms; they will charge you. Or sue the owner of that account to court first; before tracking him down..
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by AliyuMahdi9: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
This Story does not Sound right, except if your Friend works as a contract Staff and her salary is not paid directly by the bank but her Agency.

Each Core Bank Staff account number is open by Head Office, you really don't need to submit your Bank account to HR as it's done when you are officially On-boarded.

Each Staff account number comes with a Schema ( opened as a Staff account and has your Staff ID embedded as well).

A non-Staff account number cannot be uploaded on the payroll as it will Flag an exception ( error).

Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

The problem started when her first salary
came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

The bank now call his next of kin to tell him what his next of kin has done.

Please what can my friend do
She so devastated

Help please
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Seaseason07: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

She so devastated

Help please
Ladies of nowadays with empty heads. All they know is to post on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp status. Too dumb!
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Naughtysex: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
How possible is this
or else if you tell me that the account number she submitted still belong to the same bank
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by kwasoly(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

She so devastated

Help please

Let ur friend go and arrest the guy his a thief..
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
jimter44:

What of the bank staff that credited the wrong account? The bank staff that posted the salaries in the staff accounts supposed to match the account numbers and names on the salary schedule with the account numbers and names in the system. The bank staff that posted the salaries should be held culpable.
is not the bank staff that credited the is the vendor , she is a contract staff
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
kwasoly:

Let ur friend go and arrest the guy his a thief..
the guy Don chop the money
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by funshint(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
I can tell you this story is made-up....your salary account will be opened with the bank once you're confirmed as a staff if you don't have an account with them previously. This story is shit!
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
She is a contract staff
AliyuMahdi9:
This Story does not Sound right, except if your Friend works as a contract Staff and her salary is not paid directly by the bank but her Agency.

Each Core Bank Staff account number is open by Head Office, you really don't need to submit your Bank account to HR as it's done when you are officially On-boarded.

Each Staff account number comes with a Schema ( opened as a Staff account and has your Staff ID embedded as well).

A non-Staff account number cannot be uploaded on the payroll as it will Flag an exception ( error).

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by luluman: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

I know people make mistakes, but this kind of mistake is so dumb!

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.
What a wrong fellow you are: profer a solution to the committed error & you are busy insulting. Eeeeeww!
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
Na to use authority get the next of the kin and the main person will appear.. Track down the guy with his address or use next of the kin but this will involve the use of zoo terrorist men in black khaki uniforms; they will charge you. Or sue the owner of that account to court first; before tracking him down..
the bank has contacted the next of kin which is his mother,
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by geosegun(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Yeah I was surprised too the person sending the salary didn't Cross check

my friend open new salary account , and the customer that the money mistakenly entered his account open new account that same day, so when my friend wanted to copy her account number to her vendor she mistakenly sent wrong account number,and that customer has withdrew all the money.

The bank has called the customer to return Money but the customer claim he has use the money

The receiver is a thief. Did he work for the money? The money did not belong to him so how can he spend the money that doesn’t belong to him in the first place. I am surprised that most comments here did not castigate the attitude of the thieving receiver. The society’s moral has gone down south.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
VicM6:
make bank froze the guy acct na or contact him bank, bank sabi how to catch him unless na kolo him go dey use for d rest of his life.
the guy use the same bank, he has succeeded in withdrawing all the money in that account , the account is empty
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2022
Innobee99:
is her vendor that pay the salary not her bank
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
funshint:
I can tell you this story is made-up....your salary account will be opened with the bank once you're confirmed as a staff if you don't have an account with them previously. This story is shit!
is true story bro , she is a contract staff not core staff, contract staff open their account by themselves
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
maybe she is a contract staff. Contract staffs are not paid directly by the bank but through their agents
your correct she is a contract staff
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by AliyuMahdi9: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
It's Unfortunate, that she has missed her Salary.

The best the bank can do is to lien the affected amount on the account, while they look for the person to recover the funds

Daytonbale:
She is a contract staff

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by omoadeleye(m): 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
The top bank and the employee are both useless.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
Bamzyriches451:
You've said it all... It looks like a cooked up story
not true ,is a true story
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by GreatDamife(m): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Involve the Police and watch your friend get back her money in full.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Karleb(m): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
nisah:
Are they having same names? Because if the account number and account name didn't match, system will reject it and the transaction will bounce back.

E be like say you dey my mind.

For official stuffs like this, a name is always attached to the account number and if they don't match, the money should be rejected.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Esthered:

I'm finding it hard to believe as I wrote earlier but the OP is insisting it happened.

Person wey create thread to hit frontpage, you no want make e insist? Hahaha
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
AliyuMahdi9:
It's Unfortunate, that she has missed her Salary.

The best the bank can do is to lien the affected amount on the account, while they look for the person to recover the funds

they have lien his account but that guy is a criminal, the alert state the name of the bank ,salary and month the guy still withdraw without thinking twice
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by VicM6: 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
the guy use the same bank, he has succeeded in withdrawing all the money in that account , the account is empty
even thou the acct is empty, unless he will never use any bank again in his entire life...once any money gets in then it's gone.....
Now think of it, would he Survive without using a bank acct for his entire life?.

Trust me bro, he is going to pay back that money with time.....we shall see the update.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
VicM6:
even thou the acct is empty, unless he will never use any bank again in his entire life...once any money gets in then it's gone.....
Now think of it, would he Survive without using a bank acct for his entire life?.

Trust me bro, he is going to pay back that money with time.....we shall see the update.
brother what if the guy abandon the account and open another account or he leave the bank to another bank
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Esthered: 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Person wey create thread to hit frontpage, you no want make e insist? Hahaha

Kikikiki.....off your microphone I plead egbon mi but someone made a submission that if the salary is paid by the vendor being an outsourced staff, the likelihood of verification of the account number is slim but what do I know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers / AVEVA PDMS (plant Design Management System) Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.