Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request (39576 Views)

No Christmas Ceasefire - Russia Rejects Ukraine Peace Proposal / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act / US Rules Out Ukraine No-fly Zone After Zelenskyy Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Paperbag(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
blackgold2018:
shut up.
Trouble started when they removed Ukraine former president(Putin’s ally)

Oga there is always an upcoming election ,that was not the reason
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by pafo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2022
blackgold2018:
you talk probably like a school dropout.
The way you idolize the man’s speech because he’s a professor.
It’s just his opinion to me. I’m a graduate engineer from FUTO sir.

Very good. So what exactly does an Engineer from FUTO nigeria know about U.S international interests than someone who specifically studies the said subject matter?

If Ukraine was western Europe or the persian Gulf, trust me, WW111 would be on right now. Ukraine just doesn't matter to them that much.

The real conflict is brewing already and it will be between U.S and China for control of Asia. That's where American interest lies.

No disrespect but we all go to school to learn from people who know more than we do. Listen to them when they speak.

Btw, that video predicted correctly everything happening now despite the fact it was made in 2015. Noam Chomsky said the same in the same year about what will happen if Ukraine allows itself to be used.

You can have a dialogue with points to back your argument, just don't try to discredit reputable people because of their skin color and try to pin it on "inferiority complex".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by sunboy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
Nobody wants war! That’s a reminder for everybody. Nobody wants war on their homeland. So sad the president think he could drag NATO into this war.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by brandmix: 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2022
ichidodo:
No fly zones would just make things worse....It would lead to boots being sent on the battlefield and when you have Russia against the world in the firefight, it would lead to a naval action involving Subs, Aircraft carriers and Battleships in the Black sea and other oceans of the world....To with; The inevitable... A nuclear exchange that would signal the end of our Civilization as we know it...

All because of one tiny country in Europe with zero significance
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Banbanna(m): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2022
If only Russia have a leader that isn't as paranoid and impulsive as Putin, Russia would have still had that reasonable amount of influence over Ukraine without falling out of favour with the West just the same way China is dealing with Taiwan without being high-handed towards them and still condoning their liberal and pro-Western style of govt.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Banbanna(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
Banbanna:
If only Russia have a leader that isn't as paranoid and impulsive as Putin, Russia would have still had that reasonable amount of influence over Ukraine without falling out of favour with the West just the same way Xi Jinping's China is dealing with Taiwan without being high-handed towards them and still condoning their liberal and pro-Western style of govt.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by wirinet(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
posty56:
lol , Ukraine using every means to drag NATO into this war, but they ain't buying it cheesy, if this doesn't teach zelensky lesson I I don't know what would , he has two options.

1) agree neutrality and let this slide
or

2) stop whining like a bitch ,and step up your guerrila warfare

Zelensky wants to drag NATO and EU into the war with Russia by force or fire.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by hardbody: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

Before I went to sleep, my wife said to me: This Russia is such
a bad country, If Ukraine wants to join Nato, it is their business
and freedom, Russia has no right to intervene, this is just an
excuse for Russia to invade Ukarine.
So I said nothing, I just went to the kitchen and took a knife to
bedside, then I said: Let’s go to sleep.
My wife looked at me with her wide eyes: What the heck are you
doing, sleeping with a knife?!?!
I said: No worry, let’s go to sleep. Beside, sleeping with a knife
is none of your business and it is my freedom.
My wife said: How can I sleep when you are sleeping with a
knife? What if you accidentally cut me?
I said: Well, You don’t even trust your own husband, how can
you expect Russia to trust Ukraine? Me sleeping with a knife is
like Ukraine joining the Nato.

Dope. Thanks.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by hardbody: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
skybeauty:

Ukraine wants to chill with the Big boys America and NATO to show their senior brother Russia, they have arrived. I feel the whole thing is badly handled by Zelensky, maybe out of pride.

It is clear Ukraine cannot win this war, no matter how many Russian forces they eliminate. It is also clear that Russia will never let Ukraine join NATO because it will bring in American Military base at the backyard of Russia.

Nicely said. Appreciated.

1 Like

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by hardbody: 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Zelenski (president of Ukraine) is just being stupppid. There's a saying that there is a time to fight, and there is a time to be intelligent enough to know when not to fight.
Zelenski is even more foooooolish than I thought expecting that NATO would join him to fight Russia in the event of military confrontation without realizing that that would amount to a nuclear war which will probably result in the destruction of modern day civilization. How could he have missed that fact?
Thousands of women and children have died. Ukrainian cities destroyed. All because Zelenski has no idea how to play a balanced politics between powers
I just remembered that he is only a comedian

Thanks for this update.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Banbanna(m): 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
ichidodo:
No fly zones would just make things worse....It would lead to boots being sent on the battlefield and when you have Russia against the world in the firefight, it would lead to a naval action involving Subs, Aircraft carriers and Battleships in the Black sea and other oceans of the world....To with; The inevitable... A nuclear exchange that would signal the end of our Civilization as we know it...

Since that option is such an unthinkable thing to do, shouldn't they help them with some war planes 2 shot down the ones they could. I don't think Ukraine will hold out against these aerial assaults for long.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by LastProphet: 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
seunny4lif:

USA took British and French under her wings cheesy

Why did you add the British again since you earlier made it seem like they ran away in betrayal? Or are you saying the British came back with the US after a change of heart? See write it down the West is the best thing that ever happened to humanity, I'm waiting till the day China and Russia will rule the world for only 1 month so that over a intelligent people like you can finally see things up close. Only dreamers don't see the obvious
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by blackgold2018(m): 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
pafo:

Very good. So what exactly does an Engineer from FUTO nigeria know about U.S international interests than someone who specifically studies the said subject matter?

If Ukraine was western Europe or the persian Gulf, trust me, WW111 would be on right now. Ukraine just doesn't matter to them that much.

The real conflict is brewing already and it will be between U.S and China for control of Asia. That's where American interest lies.

No disrespect but we all go to school to learn from people who know more than we do. Listen to them when they speak.

Btw, that video predicted correctly everything happening now despite the fact it was made in 2015. Noam Chomsky said the same in the same year about what will happen if Ukraine allows itself to be used.

You can have a dialogue with points to back your argument, just don't try to discredit reputable people because of their skin color and try to pin it on "inferiority complex".
Your base of argument I pointed it’s you saying Ukraine is of no importance to US rather US would have intervened and fight Russia.

You still went ahead and listed their interest is on Western Europe.

Now let me tell you why US has no interest in Ukraine(not because they’re of no importance)

Before The Soviet Union break away at the early 90’s. NATO had an agreement with Russia it would not extend its membership to Eastern Europe.

But now NATO had acquired membership to some Soviet nation break away already. But Putin warned Ukraine against joining.
Allowing your enemy at your doorstep it’s like pointing a direct gun to your head.

And lastly just because someone is an expert on a profession doesn’t make them the best. Like eg i choose the books I read.
You can even find out you are more experienced and informed in the message this writers pass.

My friend it’s simply the professor’s opinion to me.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by hardbody: 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
Paperbag:

Russian have been taking over their lands , enabling oppositions to fight the govt ,trying to influence their politics and many more ..

So them joining Nato means Russia wont be able to harass them anymore And more military funding from nato to scare of Russia ..thats the sole reason they want neto so bad

This too is another perspective.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Thomaslablancma: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
You are a suspect ppl campaign agaist skulls mining have a secreat mining skulls without notice is a call for..in abba kyeri voice
JackDaAlienz:
Its like Skull miners are on holiday
Ever since this war, all Ogun skull miners are no longer making it to frontpage.

I hereby call on Ogun Skull Miners Association (O.S.M.A)
To link up with ukraine and go over there and mine skulls of dead russian soldiers.
This will reduce the rate of rituals over here

All OSMA members will use the money from mining to develop Ogun state
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by goodheart01: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wawelexy:
EU will dare not grant, Putin already sent a strong warning by capturing their largest nuclear plant.

na Ukraine i just pity.

Baba calm down. The Putin you’re sweating for here is already begging for softer sanctions. Him don hear am already
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by goodheart01: 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
seunny4lif:
NATO pushed Ukraine just like they did Georgia and withdraw grin
Where are those that said if Russia should invade Ukraine that the USA will bomb Russia grin
Where are those B56, B109 and B107373 cheesy grin

Even Baltic state are asking the USA government every time maybe USA will risk NY for any Baltic state because we remembered how the British ran away through English Channel leaving France and Poland to Nazi cheesy

Yet more countries want to join NATO. It’s a win already for US and her allies.In the first place this wasn’t about warfare for the Americans. They were looking for an opportunity to wreck the Russian economy and instill a forceful change of regime. That’s what international politics is all about. Everything isn’t about muscle. There are some wars u fight with brain power and mind control and that’s why the US are occupying the global position they have today

USA is giving Putin the same treatment a father will give a stubborn child. No need to fight wit the child because the father fit use vex kill am. Just sanction some punishment on him and he'll begin to cry
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
thesicilian:
Lol. After pushing Ukraine into a war they are obviously so unprepared for.

Some of you are so foolish that it stinks. How did NATO or the west push Ukraine into a war with Russia? Who started the war?
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by slex(m): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lol.

That was how they used Georgia �� and the war ended in 8 days.

No help from NATO or USA.

OH my Ukraine, what have you done.

You have tyrn to Maye for USA

1 Like

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by creedencity(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

Before I went to sleep, my wife said to me: This Russia is such
a bad country, If Ukraine wants to join Nato, it is their business
and freedom, Russia has no right to intervene, this is just an
excuse for Russia to invade Ukarine.
So I said nothing, I just went to the kitchen and took a knife to
bedside, then I said: Let’s go to sleep.
My wife looked at me with her wide eyes: What the heck are you
doing, sleeping with a knife?!?!
I said: No worry, let’s go to sleep. Beside, sleeping with a knife
is none of your business and it is my freedom.
My wife said: How can I sleep when you are sleeping with a
knife? What if you accidentally cut me?
I said: Well, You don’t even trust your own husband, how can
you expect Russia to trust Ukraine? Me sleeping with a knife is
like Ukraine joining the Nato.

Man. True pic of Action speaks louder than voice. Short and simple grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by ichidodo: 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
Banbanna:

Since that option is such an unthinkable thing to do, shouldn't they help them with some war planes 2 shot down the ones they could. I don't think Ukraine will hold out against these aerial assaults for long.
Ukraine would just have to hunch down and brace themselves because if their homeland becomes a theatre of war between superpowers...Your guess is as good as mine..
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by smart7: 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
[i]NATO nor USA, didn't abandoned Ukraine. Defending Ukraine against itself,(Russia), lays with Ukrainian. They are non NATO member. Europe should stop dragging America into their war. If Putin thinks he is doing the right thing to his own people, all good. Russia supported Assad to destroy Syria. Saudi prince invades Yemen. Today, children of hate keeps attributing the negative effects of these actions on the United States and the West.

Yesterday, I reminded my Muslim friend who has being processing his visa to study in the United Kingdom that UK is a Western ally. I suggested Afghanistan, Syria, Iran and even Saudi as the best choice nations for his studies. He stopped picking my calls. You hate the west and USA so much. But, you love their lifestyles and you wants to live amongst them. Don't you think something is wrong with you!!!?..
[/i]

Guyman02:
Nairaland GOTV CNN war analysts make una come o, NATO has abandoned Ukraine grin
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Wawelexy(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
goodheart01:

Baba calm down. The Putin you’re sweating for here is already begging for softer sanctions. Him don hear am already

lol, western propaganda don mess up with this one brain grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Wawelexy(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
loswhite:
Russia will date not Invade NATO territories. NATO is not obligated to.

what of the one they already capture?
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Banbanna(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
ichidodo:
Ukraine would just have to hunch down and brace themselves because if their homeland becomes a theatre of war between superpowers...Your guess is as good as mine..

It's going to be a very sad and pitiful reality if Russia overruns Ukraine and installs its puppet govt despite Western sanctions. With this, Russia would feel emboldened to try to force a change in govts in other former Soviet Republics that are currently pro West. Putin might just move on to Poland.
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by goodheart01: 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wawelexy:

lol, western propaganda don mess up with this one brain grin

Lol....just as I expected. All u Putin puppets know is western propaganda. I guess most of u are just knowing those words Newley

Maybe the internet you're using today and phone and computer is western propaganda because they were invented by westerners... mugu
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by thesicilian: 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
Meninmen:

Some of you are so foolish that it stinks. How did NATO or the west push Ukraine into a war with Russia? Who started the war?
Meninmen:

How did the US push Ukraine into war with Russia.

Ignorant clown!
The only thing worse than your dumb ignorance is your foul language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
thesicilian:

The only thing worse than your dumb ignorance is your foul language.

How did the US push Ukraine into war with Russia.

Ignorant clown!
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
ichidodo:
Leave these Kids, let them rant. NATO is doing the rest of the world a favor including these retårds but of course they are too dumb to acknowledge it. Maybe they think they are safe in Africa if shi turns to all out war grin
Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by ken6488(m): 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
Paperbag:

Russian have been taking over their lands , enabling oppositions to fight the govt ,trying to influence their politics and many more ..

So them joining Nato means Russia wont be able to harass them anymore And more military funding from nato to scare of Russia ..thats the sole reason they want neto so bad
point of correction since 2014 after the coup they think Dey can attack ethnic Russia and Russia will not react

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request by loswhite(m): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wawelexy:

what of the one they already capture?
which one did they Capture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Not Attend The Inauguration - Donald Trump / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.