Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? (4665 Views)

SS-18 Satan: The Most Powerful ICBM Weapon In Russia And The World? / The War Between Ss2 And Ss3 Student Is A Generational One / Twitter War Between Ambrose Ali University And Delta State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Voldoz: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2022
Let’s start with a few assumptions

1. No nukes

2. No allies. Russia doesn’t have many military allies and the US has dozens- obviously, this tilts things.

Let’s assume (rather unrealistically) that there is a war between just the US and Russia. Who would win?

The US would win- and it would dominate.

(note these numbers are a little off- the now favor the US more than before)

Airforce:

The US boasts the strongest air force on earth. Not only is it the largest by a margin, but it is also the most technologically advanced by quite a degree.

350,000 personnel
5,800 aircraft

The Russian airforce is very large and advanced- yet its total cost is about 20% of the US airforce. Russia employs older jets and technology compared to the US

190,000 personnel
4,000 Aircraft

Navy:

The US Navy is by far the largest and most expensive fleet on earth. The US focuses on surface fleet action with combat being centered around “supercarriers” and carrier strike groups.

350,000 personnel
480 ships

2,5000 aircraft
The Russian Navy operates differently than the US Navy. The Russians cannot afford a large carrier fleet and so they utilize more submarines and missile strike craft. This strategy can work when employed correctly but doesn’t do well against large surface fleets.

150,000 personnel
350 ships
no aircraft in significant numbers

Ground forces:

The US Army is not the largest on earth but it is most expensive. US troops are some of the best equipped and best trained troops on earth. The US spends love static defense. US forces like infantry to be well supported by APCs, tanks, and airsupport.

1 million personnel without about half being active duty
The Russian army is much smaller than the US army by a margin and is also less advanced. Russia has banked on Armored warfare and thus has a larger fleet of tanks and armored vehicles than the US.

900,000 personnel with 280,000 being active duty
Military the US and Russia have different strategies when it comes to war. The US has the best of the best in about everything while Russia employs what it can afford.

Looking at the Navy’s of these 2 nations is a great example. The US has a massive surface fleet with 12 hyper-expensive carriers. Russia cannot afford more than 2 or 3 carriers so they know they cannot compete on the surface. Thus Russia has invested in missile craft and submarines, hoping this will allow them to combat the US fleet for a cheaper cost.

In the end though the US simply has the larger military and the more technologically advanced military. That's not all either.

The US has a far larger economy than Russia- with the US economy being 13 times larger (in terms of GDP)

The US economy is more advanced than the Russian economy with a far higher GDP per capita. This advancement also allows the US economy to withstand shocks better.

The US has the geographical advantage. It would be nearly impossible to invade the US given it’s bordered by the 2 largest oceans. Russia meanwhile is bordered by US allies and even if we take the allies out of the equation, Russia is more exposed than the US.

Likely both nations are impossible to conquer though

The US has a lot of control over foreign markets and global trade and it could easily blockade Russia into economic ruin.

1 Share

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by gtim4uall: 10:40am On Mar 05, 2022
Head to head with no backing , there will be no winner

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by fortune1894(m): 10:58am On Mar 05, 2022
One of them must go nuclear
After the war CHINA will emerge as the leading world power

11 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Voldoz: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2022
gtim4uall:
Head to head with no backing , there will be no winner

Exactly, that's why the US are avoiding a confrontation.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Voldoz: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2022
fortune1894:

True talk but I feel Us and Russia are hiding their true nuclear capacity. They both have more than what the media is saying, same goes to China and the others.

But nukes aside the US will wipe out any force on earth maybe the Great Britain might edge them who knows cause I heard those guys are very deadly.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by TheWolfen(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
On paper USA is most likely to win but I dare won't underestimate the fighting spirit of the Russians. . .
Sometimes wining a war is not about the number of troops you have.
History had taught us that many times

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by d142475: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
There'd be no winner. It'd be a Mutually Assured Destruction. They won't even try going into war with each other.
The main warfare now is economic and cyber warfare. So you can ask who will win these, not the conventional warfare.
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Metachit: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
It's funny reading this, if you are well over 20 years.

Never in this lifetime, compare the US and Russia in terms of military assessment or even more likely a war breakout.

I'm not a US sheepie nor a Putin hater, but let me I'm categorically telling you now, no country on the face of this earth stands a chance against the US. Even the Nato countries plus Russian and Chinese Forces won't match.

America is miles ahead and their media will never let you know where they are in terms of technological advancements. I laughed offy ass when the russian general said they won't provide rocket engines for US.

Does he know how many rocket engine manufacturers in the US currently?

US is only match for any extra-terrestrial forces out there in the universe, that's greater than humans. That's the kind of war, US is preparing for.
Nasa would never tell you what they left in the moon and on the mars but I'm here to tell u that they have weaponised these places.

How did they get clear satellite images of russian troops surrounding Ukraine border?
Let's not forget too quickly

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Danjikanbauchi: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
fortune1894:
any day China emerged as world super power Islam will seize to exist.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Voldoz: 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
Metachit:

Never in this lifetime, compare the US and Russia in terms of military assessment or even more likely a war breakout.

I'm not a US sheepie nor a Putin hater, but let me I'm categorically telling you now, no country on the face of this earth stands a chance against the US. Even the Nato countries plus Russian and Chinese Forces won't match.

America is miles ahead and their media will never let you know where they are in terms of technological advancements. I laughed offy ass when the russian general said they won't provide rocket engines for US.

US is only match for any extra-terrestrial forces out there in the universe, that's greater than humans. That's the kind of war, US is preparing for.
Nasa would never tell you what they left in the moon and on the mars but I'm here to tell u that they have weaponised these places.

How did they get clear satellite images of russian troops surrounding Ukraine border?

Your wisdom is special I love your assessment.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by ken6488(m): 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2022
Actually no winner

Europe, Russia, USA will turned to a nuclear waste site

So they are both trying to avoid war at all costs
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by T0BY(m): 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Russia are no match for US. US will outwit them hands-down. Level dey.

4 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by ken6488(m): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Metachit:

Leave those advances equipment

Alone the most powerful weapon is the nuclear/hydrogen bomb which both USA and Russia have

According to reports Russia has the most deadly nukes

The tsar bomba
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by ken6488(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
T0BY:
Russia are no match to US. US will outwit them hands-down. Level dey.
Well that's a lie do you have any prove, or has Russia and Usa be at war before

5 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Deffjam: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:

Alone the most powerful weapon is the nuclear/hydrogen bomb which both USA and Russia have

The tsar bomba
outdated Soviet Union weapons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by franchasng: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:

The tsar bomba
lol, you guys are funny sha.

My cousin and childhood mate is a US Naval seal, currently posted in Japan.

Like one poster said, no country on earth can challenge USA in any war, US will win even a coalition of Russia, China, India, North Korea, Iran, EU, Africa. That's to tell you how strong they are.

US have ready to strike military bases in virtually all continents of the world.

And Nuclear weapon isn't the deadliest weapon right now. US military have been seriously researching on laser weapons for years now and will be unveiling laser weapons in 2023, the first in the history of human existence.

Russia only hurry to catch up on whatever weapon they learnt or heard US has. US leads, others follow.

A poster told you about extraterrestrial warfare outer space, that's the kind of war US have been preparing for not just earthly war or your Russia kind of mundane war.

Are you aware that NASA have been having contact with some extraterrestrial lives who have been trying to invade earth?

I once followed NASA and their extraterrestrial life researches and damn it, i became paranormal at some time.

Just in case you don't know, i founded a group some years back called Scientists For Africa Mission to Space and we had so many members from different countries including Russians. I became scared and backed out when I started receiving private messages from funny names on Google+ then.

There are things i won't reveal till death so i will stop here.

I just keep laughing at those funny Russia and Putin supporters mocking the US. They dont know sha.

Russia is no doubt a strong nation, but they are no match to uncle Sam.

Russia know this and that's why they get jittery whenever US gets close to their borders or waters.

The only saving grace we have in the world is that US don't usually have crazy, mad Presidents like Putin, if they ever have such a leader ready to unleash US might, the world is in big trouble

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by idahme(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Going with your assumptions, the US will win a conventional war. For unconventional war there will be no winner .
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Wannabenz: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
Russia

The last one they fought indirectly via Gorgia and Syria,USA lost woefully

4 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by ken6488(m): 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
franchasng:
lol, you guys are funny sha.

My cousin and childhood mate is a US Naval seal, currently posted in Japan.

Like one poster said, no country on earth can challenge USA in any war, US will win even a coalition of Russia, China, India, North Korea, Iran, EU, Africa. That's to tell you how strong they are.

US have ready to strike military bases in virtually all continents of the world.

And Nuclear weapon isn't the deadliest weapon right now. US military have been seriously researching on laser weapons for years now and will be unveiling laser weapons in 2023, the first in the history of human existence.

Russia only hurry to catch up on whatever weapon they learnt or heard US has. US leads, others follow.

A poster told you about extraterrestrial warfare outer space, that's the kind of war US have been preparing for not just earthly war or your Russia kind of mundane war.

Are you aware that NASA have been having contact with some extraterrestrial lives who have been trying to invade earth?

I once followed NASA and their extraterrestrial life researches and damn it, i became paranormal at some time.

Just in case you don't know, i founded a group some years back called Scientists For Africa Mission to Space and we had so many members from different countries including Russians. I became scared and backed out when I started receiving private messages from funny names on Google+ then.

There are things i won't reveal till death so i will stop here.

I just keep laughing at those funny Russia and Putin supporters mocking the US. They dont know sha.

Russia is no doubt a strong nation, but they are no match to uncle Sam.

Russia know this and that's why they get jittery whenever US gets close to their borders or waters.

The only saving grace we have in the world is that US don't usually have crazy, mad Presidents like Putin, if they ever have such a leader ready to unleash US might, the world is in big trouble
If say a single weapon that can can level both France and uk to the grand ( just one nuke) is not the most powerful

I guess that's a lie, I don't know for others hydrogen bombs is the only powerful weapon ever built and it will remain like

Apart from ww2 USA has not won any major war

Lost in Vietnam, Afghan, could not defeat North Korea

Both USA and Russia are over hyped

2 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
Metachit:

Their military budget is another thing no nation have been able to match.

Over 600 billion dollars annual budget, larger than the next ten biggest spenders combine.

Military bases in 35 countries, maintaining those bases no be moi moi.

Deploying and maintaining missile defense system in Europe and Asia no be small money.

We know in war those who have the advantage are those who spend more.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:
If say a single weapon that can can level both France and uk to the grand ( just one nuke) is not the most powerful

I guess that's a lie, I don't know for others hydrogen bombs is the only powerful weapon ever built and it will remain like

Don't you know that collateral damage is a factor that contributed in recent loses for both nations.

Imagine Russia using all their might on Ukraine by now 80% most have been dead.

Imagine America using nuke or heavy weapons against Afghanistan by now 90% of the Afghans could have been wiped out.

The last ruthless invasion was the world war 2 when both the military and civilians were killed without mercy.

If America and Russia decide to ruthlessly wipe out those countries it will be a walk over.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by TheOldGods: 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Voldoz:

1. No nukes

2. No allies. Russia doesn’t have many military allies and the US has dozens- obviously, this tilts things.

Let’s assume (rather unrealistically) that there is a war between just the US and Russia. Who would win?

Airforce:

The US boasts the strongest air force on earth. Not only is it the largest by a margin, but it is also the most technologically advanced by quite a degree.

350,000 personnel
5,800 aircraft

The Russian airforce is very large and advanced- yet its total cost is about 20% of the US airforce. Russia employs older jets and technology compared to the US

190,000 personnel
4,000 Aircraft

Navy:

The US Navy is by far the largest and most expensive fleet on earth. The US focuses on surface fleet action with combat being centered around “supercarriers” and carrier strike groups.

350,000 personnel
480 ships

2,5000 aircraft
The Russian Navy operates differently than the US Navy. The Russians cannot afford a large carrier fleet and so they utilize more submarines and missile strike craft. This strategy can work when employed correctly but doesn’t do well against large surface fleets.

150,000 personnel
350 ships

Ground forces:

The US Army is not the largest on earth but it is most expensive. US troops are some of the best equipped and best trained troops on earth. The US spends love static defense. US forces like infantry to be well supported by APCs, tanks, and airsupport.

The Russian army is much smaller than the US army by a margin and is also less advanced. Russia has banked on Armored warfare and thus has a larger fleet of tanks and armored vehicles than the US.

Military the US and Russia have different strategies when it comes to war. The US has the best of the best in about everything while Russia employs what it can afford.

Looking at the Navy’s of these 2 nations is a great example. The US has a massive surface fleet with 12 hyper-expensive carriers. Russia cannot afford more than 2 or 3 carriers so they know they cannot compete on the surface. Thus Russia has invested in missile craft and submarines, hoping this will allow them to combat the US fleet for a cheaper cost.

In the end though the US simply has the larger military and the more technologically advanced military. That's not all either.

The US has a far larger economy than Russia- with the US economy being 13 times larger (in terms of GDP)

The US economy is more advanced than the Russian economy with a far higher GDP per capita. This advancement also allows the US economy to withstand shocks better.

The US has the geographical advantage. It would be nearly impossible to invade the US given it’s bordered by the 2 largest oceans. Russia meanwhile is bordered by US allies and even if we take the allies out of the equation, Russia is more exposed than the US.

The US has a lot of control over foreign markets and global trade and it could easily blockade Russia into economic ruin.
ogaz you're all wrong with your numbers. Russia has highest air jets plus ground military

1 Like

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by franchasng: 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:

Vietnam, North Korea, Afghanistan wars are not US war.

US only went to help a side to defend. Not to conquer the whole country like Russia is doing now.

Afghanistan, US won, how? US removed Taliban led government and installed a new government and occupied for 2 decades, of course you don't expect them to occupy Afghanistan forever. Taliban only took over after US withdrew

Its not easy to win a guerrilla war unlike a conventional war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Voldoz: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:

Bro the only advantage Russia have are those nukes apart from that the war would have been one sided.

But I suspect both of them has more than that nuclear capacity mentioned.

Both I know both countries would avoid each other.
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by MJBOLT: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
US wey neva win any war grin
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Walkee: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
Yet Russia have beaten USA 3 times in the last 20 years.
1.Russia backed Taliban against USA USA lost
2.USA backed rebels in Syria and Russia backed Assad, Russia won.
3. Russia backed Ukrainian rebels in Donbas against USA backed Ukrainian government, Russia won. They annexed Crimea, DPR and LPR got independence
I didn't even include Vietnam sef

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Walkee: 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
Voldoz:

True talk but I feel Us and Russia are hiding their true nuclear capacity. They both have more than what the media is saying, same goes to China and the others.

But nukes aside the US will wipe out any force on earth maybe the Great Britain might edge them who knows cause I heard those guys are very deadly.
when has USA backed army defeated Russian backed army?
Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Mooh247: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
No winner, it's going to be a very long war based on logistics issue

US and Russia both have wide multi terrain land mass which makes invasion impossible

Most citizens of Russia and US have access to assualt riffles and are battle ready

Russia and US both have some of the most patriotic die hard fighters as citizens

1 Like

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Walkee: 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
Metachit:

lol delusion. Do you know how many times Russia have beaten USA since after World War 2?
Four times. 4-0

1 Like

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Walkee: 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
ken6488:
they've been at war. Not directly though and Russia have won 4-0
Vietnam, Afganistan, Syria and Ukraine 2014. It will soon be 5-0 now sef. Hollywood no go let people see road

1 Like

Re: Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
Voldoz:

1. No nukes

Airforce:

350,000 personnel
5,800 aircraft

190,000 personnel
4,000 Aircraft

Navy:

350,000 personnel
480 ships

2,5000 aircraft

150,000 personnel
350 ships

Ground forces:

in this modern day, head to head with no allies, no sanctions. RUSSIA WILL WIN. Russia has the largest military and the deadliest weapons not US.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ukrainian Refugees Concerned That There Are Too Many Biack People In The UK / Withheld/concealed/incomplete Jamb Results To Drop Complaint Here For Solution / FUTO Student Advertises Himself On Peak Milk Product (see Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.