Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? (696 Views)

Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? / Why Do Women Never Let Go Of Their Ex's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by ds700(m): 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
Is it a good idea for people to disclose their ex-boyfriends/girlfriends to their spouse?

I had this argument with a friend today and i am of the opinion that things like these (especially when they are likely going to discover by themselves) that it is right that you let them know in other for it not to be a news to them by the time it will be discussed outside and at your absence.

Please what is your view?
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by 190: 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
Yes its good so when he/she tries coming back for the 2nd time

U'll be well prepared and wont mistake an EX for a newbie cos they are two different things undecided
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2011
That's why they are called Ex/Past Girlfriends they belong in the Past,if for some reason they wanna mess with that status u can tell.as for me nothing wrong with Lying:"after all Lying is necessary sometimes for a great Marriage"-House
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by chibaby5(f): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2011
@Topic

Yeh. atleast u shud mention ur past Rships to ur present partner
Only 4 security reasons lol. U neva knw when da wind will blow and bring all da dirts up grin embarassed
Play safe wink smiley
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by mamagee3(f): 1:26am On Jun 29, 2011
Why in the world would you be in contact with your ex in the first place?
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by feminineA: 4:44am On Jun 29, 2011
Its better to build your present relationship on trust. he/she is called an EX something in the past that has nothing to do with today or tomorrow
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by ds700(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2011
Assuming you are dating someone that stays in the same area, church or school with your Ex. Probably your new catch happen to be new in that environment, as time goes on people will talk, your ex can even go as far as confronting this new catch of yours(as they will always be watching you to hear the latest) by then you will have to beg for an opportunity to explain yourself.
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by iice(f): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2011
The only reasons i see for not disclosing an ex are, if the present bf/spouse is the jealous type or if the said ex is slightly crazy.  As in i love you die, won't ever leave you, stalk you crazy.  After that, i don't see why you can't tell him.  What exactly are you hiding? That you were once in a relationship?  That you were once foolish to date someone like that? That the ex is fly? What exactly?
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by Araboy(m): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2011
One Nigerian friend told me before Nigerian girls will never disclose their exes they might even introduced him as brother  cousin or colleague   I feel sorry for Nigerian guys for real
But worse part when the BF or Husband is foreigner they will keep speaking between them in their local dialects when asked their reply   oh is my uncle Kemi Tunde  Chima Obi Ezugu Dankote Lawal Rabiu Yakubu
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by Mynd44: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2011
It is good to tell your spouse the about your ex he might be a terrorist
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by Araboy(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2011
Oh Yeah  or might be 419  ritualist  scammer terrorist to finish the Nigerian list
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by damsel29(f): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2011
It is indeed right 2 tell ur spouse abt ur ex,coz som cld turn out 2 b nasty.
Re: Is It A Good Idea For People To Disclose Their Ex To Their Spouse? by proffmanue(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
yes, it may contribute to the success of ur relationship.

(1) (Reply)

Why Guyz Like Seeing Theri Girlz At Nite? / I Need Your Words Of Advice / Who Loose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.