Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? (11772 Views)

Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / Help! Is It Proper To Disclose Your Finances With Your Wife? / Ladies/men Would You Disclose Your Salary To Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dewize01(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Peeps, I have been wondering if this can be regarded as part of being open to your partner. So i need your views on this
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by k2039: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ofcourse my wife should know how much I earn and I should also know how much she earns

8 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by icequeen22(f): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Wives should know our much their husbands are getting or at least have a general idea so they dont over strain their husbands pockets. Thats my opinion anywaysmiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by mataz(f): 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
She must know and u must know how much she earns so u know how much u can spend and save

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dewize01(m): 11:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
I just wonder what the case wud be like if one happened to have a greedy wife. Dont you think she'd be thinking of what fraction of your earnings to be spent on her while she plans to keep hers?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by MrsChima1(f): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
dewize01: Peeps, I have been wondering if this can be regarded as part of being open to your partner. So i need your views on this

I disclose my earnings to my husband and he does the same to me. We have a joint account that is for the house and we both contribute 50 percent since both of us are employed.

Anytime a spouse hides their finances...it is fishy and shady!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

I disclose my earnings to my husband and he does the same to me. We have a joint account that is for the house and we both contribute 50 percent since both of us are employed.

exactly!
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Mynd44: 6:25am On Oct 13, 2012
I see no problem telling my WIFE how much I make.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2012
I am not married yet, but sure i will disclose it. That shouldn't be a secret
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dewize01(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mrs chima,that aspect of you both contributing is amazing. I wonder how many women would allow that and still not feel that authority be shared between the two of them in the house.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by cindyrella(f): 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
Why not? You are team mates na!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by ikachi1: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
Why not? They will eventually find out anyway. The question should have been "Should there be a joint account"? In this case, my answer is a NO!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by AkinDavid2: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
Omo you've got to declare cos marriage is all about being naked and no shame!
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
Not necessary. What if it's hard to determine how much I will earn?
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dsmartj(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
Not all earnings. But atleast my basic salary, she will know

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Olhar: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
Well, it's a good thing to know each others pocket so u can both know your limits......cos if my husband no tell me his earnings, I will keep demanding as much as I can cos I will believe he has enough but if he does the whatever he has and I also have we will budget on it......if he decides not to tell me.....I also won't disclose my earnings ....... grin
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Ganys: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
If You can tell ur wife u are broke, and beg her to manage, I think she deserves to know if ur earnings get boyant

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dsmartj(m): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
k2039: Ofcourse my wife should know how much I earn and I should also know how much she earns
dsmart j: Not all earnings. But atleast my basic salary, she will know
cindyrella: Why not? You are team mates na!
dsmart j: Not all earnings. But atleast my basic salary, she will know
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by obicentlis: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
Akin-David:
Omo you've got to declare cos marriage is all about being naked and no shame!
No be small unclad oo
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by HayZee06(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
I'm nt yet married bt 2 me I dnt think its a good idea 2 let my spouse knw hw much I earn....
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by cindyrella(f): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
mbatuku2: Not necessary. What if it's hard to determine how much I will earn?
And how is that?
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
yes.....if it's fine by you!
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by pingo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
Disclosure is ok! but giving her access to it is something that should be given a second, third and forth thought to!
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
cindyrella:
And how is that?

it's only easy to know how much you earn if you are salaried.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nosyke(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2012
I think its a good idea when married, but my question is what of when dating??
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by ikdpal(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
i doubt a man can sincerely disclose his real earnings because of the nature of a woman...man has multitude of issues to commit his money to which may not allow a kind of peace when a woman discover such expences, so a man violets this idea to ensure he meet up with this responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dammytosh: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
Yes she can know how much my constant K earnings are (slary etc). As for the variable (conrtracts, projects ) , i will keep it to my self and surprise her at will with anything i wanna give her from it.

- My Opinion

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by joncom(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
sexkillz: I am not married yet, but sure i will disclose it. That shouldn't be a secret
...yea, true talk. :-) smiley https://www.nairaland.com/1073320/what-keeps-u-company-toilet
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by greall1: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2012
I dey laugh.

Mrs..Chima:

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
In as much as I will love her to know, but I sometimes dont know how much I make since am in business. No fixed income. So whoever that woman is, when the time comes, she will need to bear with me.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by jeezybuck: 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
Use to have huge savings before the very month I disclosed my salary and that was the end of my savings. She eats about 65% of my income now cry
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by MrsChima(f): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
greall1: I dey laugh.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With A Very Dirty Lady Today. / How Can I Keep My Girlfriend Forever? / Who Is The Most Beautiful Girl/lady Between>|rozzay| |farano| |marieolae|.[pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.