Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

"Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question (18733 Views)

Una Wey Una Mama No Born Plenty Pikin No Know Wetin God Do For Una. / The Next Time Your Wife Asks You This Question / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
GboyegaD:

Then don't bring any na. It isn't a must to buy the baby gift, right?

Then don't tell anyone you gave birth na.

It isn't a must to announce it, right?
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by DarkJeddi(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Foolish question.
What is foolish about wanting to know the sex of a newborn?

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by DarkJeddi(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

Exactly, as if they want to use the child.

Some will even ask you before congratulating u

My dear.. all child na child, to me, I think God give u what's the best. Asking questions is not necessary
So one shouldn't ask for the sex of a newborn?

Una superstition too much for this shithole..

2 Likes

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Nicepoker(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
[s]
post=110778829:
[b][/b]
Senseless comment.
[/s]
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by IgOga(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2022
nor bring gender confusion (aka neutrality) come here abeg grin grin grin
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by peacettw: 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2022
This is our culture. Just like other climes have theirs.

With maturity, you learn to ignore what you can as long as it is not considered unsafe. This scenario falls within that category. Just tell the person asking the gender and move on with your life.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by DarkJeddi(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
CuteMike01:

add insentitive to it.
There's NOTHING sensitive or insensitive about inquiring about the the sex of a newborn..

It IS a normal logical thing..
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by GboyegaD(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
Omakraid:

Yes, but sometimes the baby's genitals may not be seen as a result of baby doing "shakara" and closing legs cheesy.

Some people don't do gender scan though. In some cases, there's only one scan at twenty weeks to check for developmental features and that is where and when you can check the gender. Some prefer to be team green (gender neutral).
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by GloriousGbola: 8:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t ask. My own correct babe had a baby and I didn’t ask the gender or pictures. After two weeks she said “You get mind o. Oya see the picture”. grin grin Another friend said “Izzou can suck breast!” That was the cue that the baby is a boy. Prior to that I never asked!

Izzou is this true tho?
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by DMerciful(m): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
Who normally asked this question? Men or women?
obembet:
Having a baby is hard work and people need to appreciate the Labor pain woman passthrough. Labor is one of the most severe pains which has ever evaluated and its fear is one of the reasons ladies does not want to marry.

Now, what I have observed so far whenever woman give birth, the next questions will be weitin u born? Na boy or girl? . To me, I think this is most annoying question. Why not congratulate the woman first instead of asking unnecessary questions.

Why some Nigerians like asking this question?
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by phemmyfour: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:
Having a baby is hard work and people need to appreciate the Labor pain woman passthrough. Labor is one of the most severe pains which has ever evaluated and its fear is one of the reasons ladies does not want to marry.

Now, what I have observed so far whenever woman give birth, the next questions will be weitin u born? Na boy or girl? . To me, I think this is most annoying question. Why not congratulate the woman first instead of asking unnecessary questions.

It's not annoying.... Africans and crude mentality. By default we have two types of gender.

2. Congratulations can be said before or after knowing the gender. It does not reduce the happiness in the air

3. Knowing the gender give you an idea of gift to present to the baby if you want to be particular with your gift
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Rubbiish(m): 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

My dear.. all child na child, to me, I think God give u what's the best. Asking questions is not necessary
It depends, u can't blame a king that desperately needs an heir for asking such question. In life, certain situation & circumstance may warrant such question!
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by DarkJeddi(m): 8:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
Britain4:
Stupid question to ask!!!
My junior sister put to bed late January and I come to know the baby gender on this week Wednesday.
If not for the pix of the baby Posted on family WhatsApp, I wouldn't have known till now.
God is a giver of children
Accept this precious gift.
Una superstition too much for this shithole..

WHAT exactly is the problem with inquiring about the sex of a newborn baby?

Oyinbo dey reveal their own in a party to the world,before the birth..

Perhaps those who found issues with the most logical of questions..

Should be the ones who need to do some soul searching..

This world no hard..

People just dey carry unnecessary headaches for their head.

If I'm to tell you that I have a new born..

I will logically reveal the sex to you..

KINI BIG DEAL?

3 Likes

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by TheABOMINATION: 8:22pm On Mar 05, 2022
Suspect33:
Q. Wetin you born?
A. Na pikin I born
End of discussion cool
Wetin you born?
A. Na human being I born
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by donprinyo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
if the most necessary question to ask any former pregnant couple
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by DarkJeddi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
donprinyo:
if the most necessary question to ask any former pregnant couple
phemmyfour:
It's not annoying.... Africans and crude mentality. By default we have two types of gender.

2. Congratulations can be said before or after knowing the gender. It does not reduce the happiness in the air

3. Knowing the gender give you an idea of gift to present to the baby if you want to be particular with your gift
No mind all these superstitious meat heads..

As if the world would end if they reveal their baby's gender..
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Saig: 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

Nothing wrong about asking. It is still part of the story. Im fact if someone tells you she has given birth after congratulating and you don't follow up with that question it's more like you don't care.
Only time we should have issues is placing emphasis on the gender but as long as it is oit of pure conscience to kno the gender , no qualms
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Dshocker(m): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

But you are also guilty of this
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by toujurs: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
what's wrong in asking if it's a boy or a girl , It's like some people are going crazy on the forum, will i call this loneliness abi boredom, wtf undecided
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by prophetfire: 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

. Nothing wrong with that girl, just to know who is joining us. Whether we are adding another boy or another girl. Nothing wrong.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Iamolukorede(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2022
Look, it is common in all society and it is proper for anyone to know what gender the mother delivered. Op have you been delivered of a baby before now ?, I don't see anything bad in asking or wouldn't you want to tell ?..

Just tell us you want everyone to appreciate and please you woman shortly after delivery and we all we understand what you went through birthing the baby but you can't erode that nature in any way, it will continue and won't stop either a boy or a girl, a baby is a baby ..
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Deborah98(f): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2022
Suspect33:
Q. Wetin you born?

A. Na pikin I born

End of discussion cool
As simple as that...
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by FaceTanke: 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
SurvivorM:
been steamed alive is worse than been burnt alive and there are many more pain than giving birth

Being fried alive nko
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by FaceTanke: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
IsyjolBetty:
Shey Oko wa ni....tabi Iyawo wa ni?

Correct
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by FaceTanke: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
pocohantas:
Honestly there is nothing wrong with the question. The problem is that Nigerians are overly sensitive to the gender of a child, so both sides are cautious of that question. Some ask for good reasons, others to know if you have finally given your husband a heir.

Abroad they start asking that question right from the second they notice the bump. My friend said she found it weird that even strangers would walk up to her, awww and ask “is it a boy or girl?” “Are you having twins?”
The Nigerian in her would sprinkle gallons of the Blood of Jesus.

I don’t ask. My own correct babe had a baby and I didn’t ask the gender or pictures. After two weeks she said “You get mind o. Oya see the picture”. grin grin Another friend said “Izzoû can suck breast!” That was the cue that the baby is a boy. Prior to that I never asked!

cheesy
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ikorodureporta: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nothing wrong abeg...

Compared to when you graduated & they ask about your grade cheesy
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by tete7000(m): 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
They asked because they wan know wetin the person born. The question is clear enough
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by JayPeeOham: 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
I always wonder why people ask such an annoying question instead of "Na boy or girl she born?"
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ultimateprof: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
The reason is because one sex is valued more than the other.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Jmichael1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bcus dem wn knw if nah ashawo(girl) or arm robber(boy) u born....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.