Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

"Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question (18734 Views)

Una Wey Una Mama No Born Plenty Pikin No Know Wetin God Do For Una. / The Next Time Your Wife Asks You This Question / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by BusinessPlan22: 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

Exactly, as if they want to use the child.

Some will even ask you before congratulating u

My dear.. all child na child, to me, I think God give u what's the best. Asking questions is not necessary

It's just impulse, we appreciate both
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Omakraid(f): 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
Kokaine:

But I thought they do scan to know the gender at some point during pregnancy
Yes, but sometimes the baby's genitals may not be seen as a result of baby doing "shakara" and closing legs cheesy.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
Deicide:
To know if they should throw the baby in a trash can.

Are you having a Boy or an Abortion? grin
The dictator! My favourite movie!
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by house10s: 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
na question either ask or dont ask n move on.
jeez
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Ladycewhy(f): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
Patriotic9ja:
That one is even good sef. I remembered when my wife had our 1st child, someone even went as far as asking me whether na CS or the other way. And the pesin na elderly woman in my family. I just ignored the question.

Na so some of my friends like to ask many questions like "how much you buy the car, how much be your house rent, how much for the land, how much for this, how much for that? As if them wan refund you the money. People should be minding their bizness and be sensitive to the kind of questions they ask. Monitoring spirits everywhere
Some people are so stupidly ignorant and foolish that they believe only lazy women give birth through CS.

2 Likes

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ikdaddy01(m): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
Asking the sex of the baby normally comes after the Congratulations and praises etc. before you then give the news to 3rd party.
What will you then say of those that ask rubbish questions like ...
"HOW SHE TAKE BORN"
That's how this mummy GO was asking daddy silently in the maternity ward how this sister take born. The daddy GO was quite uneasy with the question and kept pretending he did not hear it. Even when they went outside she still asking when I passed. Meanwhile she just de come and had not seen neither baby nor mother.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Pimine: 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

Exactly, as if they want to use the child.

Some will even ask you before congratulating u

My dear.. all child na child, to me, I think God give u what's the best. Asking questions is not necessary

Aswearugaaad

No dey disguise grin. This is what you wanted to say all along - that the boy child and the girl child are the same ọkwá ya? Newsflash - they are not and there's nothing wrong with the question.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by fluffybaby(f): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Why shouldn't I ask the gender of a new baby? Even its own mother and father( that would love it wether male/female/normal//healthy or otherwise) wants to know it's gender talkless of me. People that give birth to girls are very fond of hiding the fact from people as if girls are not children. The only time these types of people proudly announce the birth of a girl child is if they have a male child already.

Poster, all around the world people are excited to know the gender of a new member of their family/society except those people who hate gender assignment at birth.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
I born pikin.
One asked me what my sister gave birth to in Igbo and that question usually annoys me.
I told her
O muru Nwa.
The person said .
Nwa Gini ?
I told her Nwa mmadu.
And then quickly told her I don't like people asking me Nwa gini cos whatever the person born, na pikin.
I don't ask people and I don't like people asking me. With time you will still know ihe o muru.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Freemasonry: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sorry my dear, e be like say person don vex you with the question.
No reason am, it's just part of our poor social culture. It's only in Nigeria that you will greet someone good morning, and they'll turn around and ask you if you've woken up....is that even sensible. I dey greet you from inside sleep ni!
But it's all good once you don't read unnecessary meanings into it.
Peace.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
ikdaddy01:
Asking the sex of the baby normally comes after the Congratulations and praises etc. before you then give the news to 3rd party.
What will you then say of those that ask rubbish questions like ...
"HOW SHE TAKE BORN"
That's how this mummy GO was asking daddy silently in the maternity ward how this sister take born. The daddy GO was quite uneasy with the question and kept pretending he did not hear it. Even when they went outside she still asking when I passed. Meanwhile she just de come and had not seen neither baby nor mother.
Those kind of people deserve silent response.
I don't blame them Sha. I man told his wife she's not Worth being called a nother cos she gave birth through C's while her mates do push till the baby comes out
Out people are very evil
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by MadeINchenzen2: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
Wetin you born? Elephant !!!

Simple !!!
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
Shey Oko wa ni....tabi Iyawo wa ni?

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Afonasa(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
On a good day,its an honest question,but the tribal issue associated with the sex of babies makes it a complicated question.

Especially my Igbo race,they attach some level of importance to the boy child, and am afraid the thing is affecting me,because I kinda hope and wish for a male child.

Check my signature guys
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Bahamas95(m): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
The funny thing is that I asked my childhood friend this question when she called to tell me the good news yesterday. But I congratulated her first Sha......I don't think it's an annoying question.

It doesn't make sense getting a half baked news.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by 12345baba(m): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
Loewe:

I wonder o. This woke generation believes in getting triggered over every little thing and that's a huge problem.

Imagine telling someone you just gave birth and they didn't even bother asking any further question... Same lady would feel bad about it and complain again. This life, you can't satisfy humans.
na excess high drugs dey affect this woke generation .
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Agromuda(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
Atimes, it is to know the kind of cloth to present as gift.. Before you criticize the black race for asking, Western world doesn't hide the gender by doing gender reveal/baby shower before delivery
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by ice247(m): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
I have been asking this same question,what's about the gender of the child.congratulate the parent first before you ask of the gender(if you must ask).I don't ask about the gender
Parent: my wife has put to birth
Me: congrats,How's Mom and baby?
When my wife deliver
Me: my wife has put to birth
Them: what did she deliver
Me: BABY.
After all it's either BABY boy or BABY girl the common factor is BABY.
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by GboyegaD(m): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
RoyalBoutique:
I've read all the replies above and I'm very disappointed.

So, if those asking want to bring gifts for your baby, how would they when they don't know the sex of the baby.

Come on, stop the myopic reasoning.

And there is a crime buying a unisex gifts, right? No vex, how many people don buy gifts? If you are not told the sex of the baby, then done but a gift if your gift needs be gender specific.

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
GboyegaD:

And there is a crime buying a unisex gifts, right? No vex, how many people don buy gifts? If you are not told the sex of the baby, then done but a gift if your gift needs be gender specific.

Males wear earrings ba?

Or are you going to tell them the gifts to bring?

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Proudlyomonna: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sekoni003:
It's actually no big deal. Before you compare with the western countries, over there, they aren't vague when breaking news of their baby's birth. They aren't unnecessarily superstitious to conceal their newborn's sex so you wouldn't even need to ask about the sex in the first place cheesy

Richard from Dallas,TX on the phone: "Hey Frank, My wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy last night, I thought to share you the good news".

Baba Basirat from Ijebu on the phone: "Mo ni kin so fun yin ni o, Iya Basira bimo lana o."

Note the difference grin

Then you go come ask,se omo okunrin abi obinrin lo bi. grin grin

Wa gbayi joor

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by omaclarry(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Giving birth is the second most painful thing a human can experience – The first is being burned alive.

lipsrsealed

Have they kicked your balls before?

2 Likes

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by tnerro1(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Wouldn’t you look stupid if you told someone mama mercy gave birth and they ask u the sex and you don’t know

That’s why you need to ask, so when you are doing amebo, you should complete the amebo
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
As in..just say congratulations and go

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Some people are so stupidly ignorant and foolish that they believe only lazy women give birth through CS.

The thing tire me oh. The worst is some women have died as a result of trying to please the world by insisting not to have CS even when it's medically advised. It all started from our misinterpretation of the Bible (Hebrew women) and some will be giving testimonies in church of how they rejected CS, waited upon the Lord and finally gave birth without CS. Dem go come make other women feel faithless....... But we nor hear testimonies of the ones that died mumuramously in the name of waiting......

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
Whether to hate or unhate you... ���
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by pocohantas(f): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
Honestly there is nothing wrong with the question. The problem is that Nigerians are overly sensitive to the gender of a child, so both sides are cautious of that question. Some ask for good reasons, others to know if you have finally given your husband a heir.

Abroad they start asking that question right from the second they notice the bump. My friend said she found it weird that even strangers would walk up to her, awww and ask “is it a boy or girl?” “Are you having twins?”
The Nigerian in her would sprinkle gallons of the Blood of Jesus.

I don’t ask. My own correct babe had a baby and I didn’t ask the gender or pictures. After two weeks she said “You get mind o. Oya see the picture”. grin grin Another friend said “Izzoû can suck breast!” That was the cue that the baby is a boy. Prior to that I never asked!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by emmykk(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:
Having a baby is hard work and people need to appreciate the Labor pain woman passthrough. Labor is one of the most severe pains which has ever evaluated and its fear is one of the reasons ladies does not want to marry.

Now, what I have observed so far whenever woman give birth, the next questions will be weitin u born? Na boy or girl? . To me, I think this is most annoying question. Why not congratulate the woman first instead of asking unnecessary questions.

Why some Nigerians like asking this question?

If you have two boys and two girl already will you be angry if they ask you the sex of the 5th child.

I think those that don't like this question mostly are those who felt the girl child is less valued

I have two daughters already if I have another one I would felt any thing missing.just that having both sex is good.
So that question is needed
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by obembet(f): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nicetry:
Because there are two human gender that exist

What about Jame brown and Bobrisky?
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by GboyegaD(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Males wear earrings ba?

Or are you going to tell them the gifts to bring?

Then don't bring any na. It isn't a must to buy the baby gift, right?

1 Like

Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by pussyAvenger: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nope... Not asking is respecting boundaries especially when you are not very close to the person.
l modified babe
Re: "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question by GboyegaD(m): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
obembet:

What about Jame brown and Bobrisky?

Funny I thought your initial question was borne out of concern however, you are just like the typical Nigerian you are accusing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.