Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today (8777 Views)

15 Bible Verses To Encourage You / Scripture To Use To Pray For Favour. / Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times (2) (3) (4)

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by jobinfomania(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2022
Romans 8:1 ..
Now therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh.

Naso my Bleep up to remove now na flex I dey flex wotowoto

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by obonujoker(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2022
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is life through our Lord Jesus Christ

Philippians 4:19
But my Gid shall supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

Luke 10:19
Behold I give unto you power to thread upon serpent and scorpion, and over all power of the enemy, and nothing shall ny any means hurt us

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by salbis(m): 9:56am On Mar 06, 2022
Proverbs 16:7. When a person’s ways are pleasing to the LORD, He causes even his enemies to make peace with him

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Lonewolf2010(f): 9:56am On Mar 06, 2022
Ha! They are many oooo but let me drop this

Joshua 1:9:-

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by nattyGENT: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Ecclesiastes 7:8 The end of a thing is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by 4good(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2022
Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Dear Nairalanders, if you truly hold on to the above scriptures, having genuinely given your life to Jesus as your saviour, then it is 100% certain you will never know what they call high blood pressure.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by jaxxy(m): 10:01am On Mar 06, 2022
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.. Psalm 23.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Arigwaska: 10:01am On Mar 06, 2022
Isaiah 61:1

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by sholla20(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2022
Romans 8:26

Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities, for we know not what we should pray for as we ought to, but the spirit itself maketh imtercession for us through groanings which cannot be uttered.

I so much love this scripture.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Dyke15(m): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2022
Psalm 121 gives me confidence while Psalm 51 obtains mercy and forgiveness for me

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by pacificom: 10:11am On Mar 06, 2022
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. ( John 16:33 )

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Winters23: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2022
minks:
For those of us who are not regular church goers, gather here and let's learn the Bible from each other.

My favourite scripture is Romans 8:32

"He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" (King James Version)

This scripture never fails to remind me of God's unconditional love. When the days get dark, I open my Bible to this scripture to remind myself that God is always with me and He cares about me.

What's your favourite Bible verse? Share with us so others can learn a thing or two.

Isaiah 4: 1

In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Iseoluwani: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2022
Phil 3:10

That I may know him

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Naijanascam: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2022
You are wicked and also a killer if you can withhold a day pay of your fellow man..... but down here they are withholding it for months and years and still be happy answering Christians/Moslems
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by timothydare(m): 10:19am On Mar 06, 2022
Jer 29:11

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by TA4TA4: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2022
1 John 4:20

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Jazzpa(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2022
Deuteronomy 28:1‭-‬4 KJV

And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: and all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Sarsaproko: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2022
Song of Solomon 8:6

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by cherishmichael: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2022
Romans5:12
That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.
this is one of my favourite verses, it tells alot, and also... James 1:13
When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.
and I'm ready to mention all self.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Vainglory: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2022
Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Linesman(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2022
My Favorite Bible Passage is Romans 7:15 to 25.
Romans 7:15
(King James Bible) For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
(New International Version) I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Romans 7:16
(King James Bible) If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
(New International Version) And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.

Romans 7:17
(King James Bible) Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
(New International Version) As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

Romans 7:18
(King James Bible) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
(New International Version) I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Romans 7:19
(King James Bible) For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
(New International Version) For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.

Romans 7:20
(King James Bible) Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
(New International Version) Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Romans 7:21
(King James Bible) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
(New International Version) So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.

Romans 7:22
(King James Bible) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
(New International Version) For in my inner being I delight in God's law;

Romans 7:23
(King James Bible) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
(New International Version) but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.

Romans 7:24
(King James Bible) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
(New International Version) What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?

Romans 7:25
(King James Bible) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
(New International Version) Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by disapet: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2022
2 Corinthians 8:7
New International Version
7 But since you excel in everything(A)—in faith, in speech, in knowledge,(B) in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you[a]—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by mayorHP: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2022
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
James 1:2 NIV

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Neytron4U: 10:39am On Mar 06, 2022
2 Chronicles 15:7
But as for you.be strong and do not give up,for your work will be rewarded.

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Foreseer: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Deuteronomy 22:25

"But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and rape her, then the man only that raped her shall die by stoning"

I Love the old testament laws.
"A betrothed damsel". Are you engaged

The Op said, a scripture that would encourage and make your day wink wink

Not some ' honour killings laws' shocked shocked
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Jennyclay(f): 10:44am On Mar 06, 2022
Foreseer:
"A betrothed damsel". Are you engaged

The Op said, a scripture that would encourage and make your day wink wink

Not some ' honour killings laws' shocked shocked
Yes! I'm encouraging you randy men to learn to control your dicks else the scripture text would befall you people.
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by LuQuLuQu(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2022
Psalm 23 any time any day

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by juman(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2022
Love your neighbour as you love yourself.

Hope its from scripture.
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Emyemyberry(m): 10:48am On Mar 06, 2022
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by Omoteyi(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2022
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:37‭-‬40 KJV

Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by reujosh89(m): 11:02am On Mar 06, 2022
Hebrew 11:1
Now Faith is the Substance of Things Hope For, the Evidence of Things Not Seen.
Re: Share Your Favourite Scripture To Encourage Someone Today by xtivin(m): 11:03am On Mar 06, 2022
Ezekiel 37 vs1-14 all dry bones shall rise again in our lives. Happy Sunday

Pay Pastors Well By Deji Yesufu / What Christianity Teaches! God Hate Religion. / Myopia Of Atheism