Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,375 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria (47401 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Seeking Treatment May Soon Be Left With Native Doctors – Mimiko / Lawal Daura Will Soon Say He Is Not Aware Of Sack.....Nigerians Can Predicts APC / We’re Still In APC But May Defect Soon, Say Shehu Sani, Hunkuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Tbasicme: 8:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

It is either all Nigerians have memory problems or we are not anywhere near as intelligent a people as we like to think.

If not, why is any Nigerian still listening to OBj let alone praise his hypocritical utterances?

True Obj has his dark sides no one doubts that.

However he said the truth. The problem is the people who having "memory problems". We must have learnt from experience not necessarily from all the "hypocritical talks" like you said. The people still choose recycle old corrupt politicians.

The problem is with our system which is genetically corrupt from the onset.

Obj may be corrupt but he is not nepotic. He is a detribalized Nigerian, patriotic and very firm in handling security issues without bias

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by techWriter3: 8:11am On Mar 06, 2022
What he is juncture at
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by membranus: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2022
That will be highly desirable, it will be good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by mu2sa2: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2022
neutralmind:

It appears baba Obj is talking about someone we know here.
Some people!
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2022
fjjc:

What he is point at? Nigeria farm, converted to Obasanjo farm.
Obasanjo should also be in jail
He took nigeria's money to start up africa's largest farm for himself
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by McCoy9067(m): 8:18am On Mar 06, 2022
Make Baba go and sit down. So you want turn to a saint when you committed heinous atrocities during your regime. Both past and present leaders are the problems of this country. So baba don't point finger to anybody we all know what you did during your regime.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by odysey: 8:18am On Mar 06, 2022
singa4real:
If only the people been told, will understand what OBJ is pointing at.

The country is headed for a break up, actually pushed in that direction, but I see Hope shining through the dark
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by RandyOku: 8:18am On Mar 06, 2022
aremuforlife:
Baba Obasanjo may not be referring to the person many of the above nairalanders thought. Tinubu was probed by the then opposition party and nothing criminating was found on him.
Leave Tinubu alone and start camping for your aspirants.

BLOODY YOLUBA Muslim EXTREMISTgrin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by cardoctor(m): 8:20am On Mar 06, 2022
Thats true o. The Russians are coming.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Arabaincubus: 8:21am On Mar 06, 2022
Michelle70:
did u specify the conditions the SE candidate will meet? U didn't, ur own is that if he is a SE there may be another opportunity for Nigeria. Dont flatter urself, even if APC and PDP choose SE, we will vote a third party, no one will give Nigeria to a tribalistic group

Read what I wrote again, digest it, perhaps you will intuitively understand. I am not from the SE. What I have written is for deep thinkers.

However, you all can ignore it and watch our nation spiral out of existence.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by skj1377(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2022
You forgot to add during his tenure a governor in Anambra was kidnapped. He encouraged God father's in politics, was it not during his tenure we had likes of atiku stealing nigeria blue black, was he not the person that prevented lagos state from having enron ( independent power generation company) did he not bribe senators with N50million each just for 3rd term agenda? The man was a mishap to Nigeria let him die of regret stupid ex president .
Ceenachi:
You had every opportunity to re-write the destiny of Nigeria during your administration but you worsened it with your ill mentality and wicked agenda

Billions spent on Electricity
Forceful and undemocratic impeachment
Using EFCC to harass perceived political opponents
Disobedience of lawful court orders including supreme court
Brazen rigging of elections
Culture of violence during elections
Etc etc etc etc

You were also the one that brought do or die affairs into nigerian politics and you also introduce money bag into nigerian politics as well

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Michelle70(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2022
Arabaincubus:

Read what I wrote again, digest it, perhaps you will intuitively understand. I am not from the SE. What I have written is for deep thinkers.

However, you all can ignore it and watch our nation spiral out of existence.
oga SE won't smell presidency, not even vice.
Blackmail won't work on Nigerians.

The idea of Nigeria will break except giving opportunity to SE is dead on arrival
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2022
Obasanjo May have his issues bt he is a cerebral leader with excellent developmental and leadership skills.

His words are always Golden.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Arabaincubus: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2022
Michelle70:
oga SE won't smell presidency, not even vice.
Blackmail won't work on Nigerians.

The idea of Nigeria will break except giving opportunity to SE is dead on arrival

They have not smelt it and that's the only thing that hasn't been done in Nigeria. This is why I suggested it as one of the last resorts. You can't be doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Those guys with their cousins are capable of undermining the progress of Nigeria (lay that ghost to rest permanently). Try them once - like we tried Buhari who told us that everything would be good. We all know better now. The last thing to try before Nigeria goes extinct is this SE option. Nigerians can figure out how to do it or continue to wallow in a web of absurdities.

Mark this post, any contrary would see Buhari's time as one of the best in Nigeria.

Enough said. You know we are very foolish in Nigeria and rarely make use of our common sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by obanioluorun: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2022
fjjc:

What he is point at? Nigeria farm, converted to Obasanjo farm.
stop believing what you read on a newspaper or hear on beer parlour, Buhari hate Obasanjo so much that the only tool he can use to destroy him is corruption accusations but at the end he found non, Obasanjo said it severally that Buhari should go ahead to probe him and he is not afriad of any probing.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Bobloco: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2022
yahmohy27:

Biyafla tinubus enemy spotted

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Michelle70(m): 8:43am On Mar 06, 2022
Arabaincubus:

They have not smelt it and that's the only thing that hasn't been done in Nigeria. This is why I suggested it as one of the last resorts. You can't be doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Those guys with their cousins are capable of undermining the progress of Nigeria (lay that ghost to rest permanently). Try them once - like we tried Buhari who told us that everything would be good. We all know better now. The last thing to try before Nigeria goes extinct is this SE option. Nigerians can figure out how to do it or continue to wallow in a web of absurdities.

Mark this post, any contrary would see Buhari's time as one of the best in Nigeria.

Enough said. You know we are very foolish in Nigeria and rarely make use of our common sense.
u see this threat will not work on us.
Buhari came with promises though it fake but still a promise while u are coming with threats.

You think Nigerians will give u leadership because they feel threatened?

U are not different from a robber, saying "give me that money or I destroy ur home"
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by ProfAmaben(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2022
Guide777:
Obasanjo said, “I cast a cursory look at some of the people running around and those for whom people are running around. If EFCC and ICPC will have done their jobs properly and supported adequately by the judiciary, most of them would be in jail
In my place, if they speak to you in parables and later explain that parables to you, then the dowry paid on your mother's. Head is a waste.

Very deep, you must be Igbo wink

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Arabaincubus: 8:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Michelle70:
u see this threat will not work on us.
Buhari came with promises though it fake but still a promise while u are coming with threats.

U are not different from a robber, saying "give me that money or I destroy ur home"

It is no threat my dear. We will all be witnesses.

Wisdom Is profitable to direct. You only talk about empty threats. A reasonable group will find a way to mitigate real threats and navigate around them. It will end up - in my considered opinion - better for Nigeria.

You confront your intractable problems once and move to the next challenge. You either kill all of them from the SE, or you accommodate them. Leaving the issue hanging will continue to take its toll on Nigeria. Choose the idea to serve.

Forget about the blackmail that those who are cowards always use to blackmail good ideas by mentioning that they are being blackmailed.

The storm will soon be up, and all of us will face the hazard. It's up to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Oluwalifted: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2022
Let the likes of Obasanjo say good bye to Nigeria so that we all can leave in peace. They have caused us enough pains.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Rawhumper(m): 9:28am On Mar 06, 2022
He is the best president ever in the history of Nigeria.

If corruption continues,the North should not think things will always go as usual.

uote author=Obagreatdatoye post=110785810]I don't know if baba have restituted the billions he stole....i grin[/quote]
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by plaetton: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2022
Ceenachi:
You had every opportunity to re-write the destiny of Nigeria during your administration but you worsened it with your ill mentality and wicked agenda

Billions spent on Electricity
Forceful and undemocratic impeachment
Using EFCC to harass perceived political opponents
Disobedience of lawful court orders including supreme court
Brazen rigging of elections
Culture of violence during elections
Etc etc etc etc

You were also the one that brought do or die affairs into nigerian politics and you also introduce money bag into nigerian politics as well
My friend , get your facts right.
I'm not sure hold you are, and unfortunately, the teaching of history is a taboo in this country.
Since 1983 when some criminal soldiers arm-robbed their way into power, Nigeria was thrust into a trajectory desolation. Please go back and study the state of the nation in 1999 prior to the coming of OBJ. It was as confusing and hopeless as it is today.
The OBJ era, looking at it from where Nigeria was and where Nigeria is today, was undoubtedly The GOLDEN ERA of leadership and governance in Nigeria ( going by the standards we have seen in our lifetime). Put your APC vs PDP sentiments aside. In my lifetime, it was the only era that middle class ( the standard measure of progress) expanded considerably . OBJ reorganized governance and established templates and standards for efficient governance going Forward.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Rawhumper(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2022
Can't you see what is happening? Chai see
Thief Tinubu shamelessly campaigning for
Presidency, even Rochas.

Obasanjo is my father,he is the only politican
I can fight and die,even if its against my own people. You grab now? Its time to lay aside
tribalism and sentiments and give the Igbo's
a chance. But not people like Okoroawusa.

I urge us here,to have a rethink because this
u call threats may soon become a
reality,remember when one is pushed to the
wall....hr does the unthinkable.

Imagine Biafran war,it took Naija 3yrs to conquer Igbo's,inspite of the sabotages
against Ojukwu within the Igbo people talk
more of now majority of Igbo's have realized
they have been cheated.

I say it in another war....the north will be
defeated. I say this free of sentiments....most
regions that fought for North in the civil
war,will not participate....if this injustice
continues,the SE and some SS who feel
marginalized will pull out and the Yoruba's
who now hate the north especially their non
muslims will declare Oduduwa....

uote author=Michelle70 post=110789848]u see this threat will not work on us.

U are not different from a robber, saying "give me that money or I destroy ur home"[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

It is either all Nigerians have memory problems or we are not anywhere near as intelligent a people as we like to think.

If not, why is any Nigerian still listening to OBj let alone praise his hypocritical utterances?
It baffles me. The OBJ old man is a thief too. He even wanted to change constitution and rule Nigeria like Zimbabwe, lol. Yet ignorant people can't still think we'll.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2022
plaetton:

My friend , get your facts right.
I'm not sure hold you are, and unfortunately, the teaching of history is a taboo in this country.
Since 1983 when some criminal soldiers arm-robbed their way into power, Nigeria was thrust into a trajectory desolation. Please go back and study the state of the nation in 1999 prior to the coming of OBJ. It was as confusing and hopeless as it is today.
The OBJ era, looking at it from where Nigeria was and where Nigeria is today, was undoubtedly The GOLDEN ERA of leadership and governance in Nigeria ( going by the standards we have seen in our lifetime). Put your APC vs PDP sentiments aside. In my lifetime, it was the only era that middle class ( the standard measure of progress) expanded considerably . OBJ reorganized governance and established templates and standards for efficient governance going Forward.

Oh he did well, but let us not deny his dark side which that poster alluded to.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by efficiencie(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2022
PJ123:

I think you missed the point. While I'm not a fan of any Nigerian politician, I think you can objectively look at the message with little regard to his character or person. They're all failure all together. But the message is cogent and timely if we want to forge ahead as a nation. Nigeria is fast gravitating towards total collapse.
People I never thought could leave their highly well paying jobs have all deserted the country.
So the message is timely though the messenger may not be perfect.

No. We cannot look at this message with little regard to the messenger. Abacha's regime, as bad as it was described, was by far better for the poor Nigerians than Obj's regime. Obj started the "do or die" style of politics. Obj's regime set the foundation for corruption and avarice in the civilian regime (check Ribadu's classified comments leaked through wikileaks). Obj's eroded the standard of living for many because it was during his regime the price of everything started rising astronomically to suit the demands of his cronies. I remember buying a paint of garri for 60 naira in Abacha's era but Obj entered and boom paint of garri shot up to 200 naira. This same Obj raises the pump price of fuel several times. Why didn't Abacha raise the pump price of fuel as corrupt as Abacha was? Obj left the country to switzerland while NLC was on strike. Which leader does that? Your people are protesting the poor living standards and you travel to Europe. This same Obj said if people can buy beer for over a 100 naira they should be able to buy fuel at over a 100 naira. Do leaders talk like that? I can guess that Obj is the representative of the darkness in Nigeria. He supervised the destruction of Nigeria. What about the political assassinations during Obj's regime (Ayo Daramola, Harry, Agbeyegbe etc). Obj foisted GEJ on us and the mumu man handed Nigeria over to thieves and crooks who promptly milked the country dry. During this Obj's regime, innocent people were murdered in Odi and Zaki Ibiam on the orders of Obj. During this same Obj's regime planes were crashing like it was planned. Check before and after Obj's regime how many planes have crashed in Nigeria you will see that there was something off about the crashes during Obj's regime. What about the last three gifts Obj gave Nigerias before leaving office. That old fool raised VAT, sold our main refinery for peanuts and continued doling out billions to a dead NIPSS power project. I can never listen to anything Obj has to say. Obj is the devil that plunged Nigeria into the mess we are in today. Obj set the foundation for all the evils we see today in Nigeria. He should keep his virtue signaling to himself.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Adek15(m): 9:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

selective amnesia has always been our problem.. in 10 years time, people condemning Buhari now will sing his praises

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2022
Hammyaladin:
It baffles me. The OBJ old man is a thief too. He even wanted to change constitution and rule Nigeria like Zimbabwe, lol. Yet ignorant people can't still think we'll.

God bless you. A dictator who wanted to destroy the democracy of Nigeria, just to sit-tight in power, now lecturing Nigeria.

Tony Blair is a pariah in British politics always shunned by the British public today for his hypocrisy and sleaze. He talks today and is jeered and derided. Yet Blair was overall a far better leader than OBJ, Jonathan and all PDP leaders combined.

Same Obasanjo today open his mouth, xto applause, and some will even tell you to take the message and ignore the messenger without understanding the folly of their ways.

Once a failed and discredited leader, you should remain that. No excuses.

This is the case in most nations of the world excluding Nigeria where we have no shame and no memory.

Our brutal oppressors yesterday are our friend today, never mind the damages they did to our lives, just because they are saying what we want to hear.

We forget same OBJ, lecturing us about 'questionable' folks in Nigerian politics, made 16 billion dollars NIPP electrification allocation disappear into thin air without even 1 megawatt added to our national power grid.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Michelle70(m): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2022
Rawhumper:
Can't you see what is happening? Chai see
Thief Tinubu shamelessly campaigning for
Presidency, even Rochas.

Obasanjo is my father,he is the only politican
I can fight and die,even if its against my own people. You grab now? Its time to lay aside
tribalism and sentiments and give the Igbo's
a chance. But not people like Okoroawusa.

I urge us here,to have a rethink because this
u call threats may soon become a
reality,remember when one is pushed to the
wall....hr does the unthinkable.

Imagine Biafran war,it took Naija 3yrs to conquer Igbo's,inspite of the sabotages
against Ojukwu within the Igbo people talk
more of now majority of Igbo's have realized
they have been cheated.

I say it in another war....the north will be
defeated. I say this free of sentiments....most
regions that fought for North in the civil
war,will not participate....if this injustice
continues,the SE and some SS who feel
marginalized will pull out and the Yoruba's
who now hate the north especially their non
muslims will declare Oduduwa....

Let me make things clear, this is democracy and u can't come and say "give us presidency or we destroy the country"

Who do u think is afraid of that threat? 2023 ur eyes go clear say Nigerians aren't scared of violence and that selfish violence could only affect ur region cos no other region will give u the right to bring ur nonsense.
Its either u learn how BH violence affects only NE or u give it a try and learn from experience, Niger Delta won't accept that ur nonsense, Hausa won't welcome it and Yoruba will not either

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Amah70: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2022
singa4real:
If only the people been told, will understand what OBJ is pointing at.

Obasanjo was pointing at Tinubu and Atiku.
It's hard to understand why any person with good head would have any of the two as president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by obanioluorun: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2022
Michelle70:

Let me make things clear, this is democracy and u can't come and say "give us presidency or we destroy the country"

Who do u think is afraid of that threat? 2023 ur eyes go clear say Nigerians aren't scared of violence and that selfish violence could only affect ur region cos no other region will give u the right to bring ur nonsense.
Its either u learn how BH violence affects only NE or u give it a try and learn from experience, Niger Delta won't accept that ur nonsense, Hausa won't welcome it and Yoruba will not either
grred man allow Igbo to rule enough of all these incompetent men from north.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by plaetton: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2022
Astoria:
Old update. Nigeria went into coma the moment you greedy folks ran our refineries aground, sold the good old reliable NITEL, murdered NIPOST but to mention a few. Only things left to sell now are the Federal secretariat, the national assembly and of course the presidential villa.
Did I hear you say " reliable Nitel" ?
NIPOST existed in name only.
You forgot to mention Reliable Nigeria Airways too.

Old those stone age relics needed to be gotten rid off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Meets Ademola Adeleke In Osun Today (Photos) / Anambra Election: Polling Unit Results Show Obiano Has Won – APGA Chairman, Oye / Georgina Onuoha Calls Out Chioma Chukwuka Over Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.