Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,224 members, 7,839,183 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria (47413 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Seeking Treatment May Soon Be Left With Native Doctors – Mimiko / Lawal Daura Will Soon Say He Is Not Aware Of Sack.....Nigerians Can Predicts APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Panda7:
nigeria keeps depending on politicians to solve problems. if every region depends on its resources, demand and supply there wouldn't be much need for a president or its influence since the president is still the main influence.

Correct. This is what I have been saying above and the meaning of the fundamentally and urgently required reforms I mentioned.

Any President who does not restructure Nigeria will be adjudged a failure by history regardless of how many roads, bridges and rail track he builds.

This is because those things only give a man fish. They do not teach him how to fish which is what Nigeria and Nigerians need above everything else to achieve lasting socio-economic success and greatness generations after generations can consolidate upon.

Same template that worked for developed nations worldwide we continue to reject in Nigeria because of greed, addiction to controlling an overpowerful centre and dedication to protecting sectional interests.

For examples what good are bridges, great roads, good rail network etal if we are all hiding in our homes too scared of insecurity to go out?

Yet the President delivering those infrastructure will not sanction fundamental changes that can overhaul and revamp our security sector overnight and for good because he does not want to lose control of our police and investigative forces to State Governors.

We will keep going around in circles, chasing our own tail, till we get a selfless and visionary President wiling to do the right thing by all Nigerians and not just his people, region and sectional affiliates alone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
What happened to Nigeria s unity is not negotiable?
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
quentin06:
What happened to Nigeria s unity is not negotiable?

Nigeria's unity can remain but we don't have to be in each others pocket detrimentally for the sake of "one Nigeria".

We should change the fundamental structure of our nation, as others have done to great success, so we can develop societies best placed to thrive in today's world and reality rather than decades ago when many of the ideologies, laws, constitutional provisions and policies controlling Nigeria today were put in place.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Ijoba85: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
Oh really! I made false claims right ?! Why didn't u talk about that bribery for 3rd term? Do you listen to Fela's music at all? Go hear what he sang bout OBJ's personality. You don't know who you are defending. Please stop displaying your ignorance here
nzeobi:

Were those opposition members corrupt or not stop saying what you don't know no State was denied it's allocation if you talking about Lagos then you should know that only LG allocation were withheld and it was for a reason, please stop making false claims
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Panda7(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

Correct. This is what I have been saying above and the meaning of the fundamentally and urgently required reforms I mentioned.

Any President who does not restructure Nigeria will be adjudged a failure by history regardless of how many roads, bridges and rail track he builds.

This is because those things only give a man fish. They do not teach him how to fish which is what Nigeria and Nigerians need above everything else to achieve socio-economic success and greatness.

Same template that worked for developed nations worldwide we continue to reject in Nigeria because of greed, addiction to controlling an overpowerful centre and dedication to protecting sectional interests.

For examples what good are bridges, great roads, good rail network etal if we are all hiding in our homes too scared of insecurity to go out?

Yet the President delivering those infrastructure will not sanction fundamental changes that can overhaul and revamp our security sector overnight and for good because he does not want to lose control of our police and investigative forces to State Governors.

We will keep going around in circles, chasing our own tail, till we get a selfless and visionary President wiling to do the right thing by all Nigerians and not just his people, region and sectional affiliates alone

you are right, nigeria keeps depending on the president as the number one person when national Assembly with the most representatives can address issues bothering the nation and their region . if the president for political reasons refuse to restructure and agree to bills amendment then the nation is stuck back. nigeria need to agree to state resource control to fasten development and not the fg continued lavish of money without accountability.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
Panda7:

you are right, nigeria keeps depending on the president as the number one person when national Assembly with the most representatives can address issues bothering the nation and their region . if the president for political reasons refuse to restructure and agree to bills amendment then the nation is stuck back. nigeria need to agree to state resource control to fasten development and not the fg continued lavish of money without accountability.

God bless you ojare. You even remind me of the biggest failed arm of governance in Nigeria. I.e the legislative arm.

Totally worthless since 1999. All federal Senators and Reps seem to exist to collect fat salaries and perks while letting the executive arm ride roughshod over us instead of standing up bravely to insist on the passage of laws that will revolutionize Nigeria.

I won't say what I think should be done to members of our legislative arm as I dont want DSS at my door lol.

Suffice to say I view them the most irresponsible and most worthless arm of government we have by far.

It is unfortunately because of the uselessness of the legislative arm of governance that many Nigerians are always praying for the emergence of a visionary head of the executive arm, i.e President of Nigeria, to drive forward the reforms and changes Nigeria is now long overdue for.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by bizzibodi(m): 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
This same man that took Nigeria thru the valley of perdition.is now pointing accusing finger @bubu the ignoramus & incompetentus.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by KingDamzzy(m): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
Baba agbaya, keep quiet and focus on your football.

Old statesmen that are supposed to give the people hope and courage are the ones prophesying doom.

Nothing is going to happen to Nigeria. We will keep striding and striding to greater heights.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by descent96(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
Going through the comments of some people here and analysing them,I would say we've really lost it. I mean why would one be casting aspersion to OBJ or why would one still be rooting for one of the recycled politicians as some speculated? The truth is this,the earlier we come to terms that Nigeria as a country-pls for emphasis sake and be reminded that Nigeria is not a nation as some think,but a country,if u want to know the true meaning of the term "nation"Google is ur friend- needs a capable,impeccable and distribalised individual to pilot its affairs,the better for everyone. I'm not an advocate of zoning neither do I subscribe to the conventional blv that one's age and age-long experience in political terrain or in the corridor of power,is a yardstick to elect one or choose an individual to lead a country as complex as Nigeria,but I'm of a school of thought that believes one's antecedent,pedegree and his track record not jst as a political office holder but as an independent individual should be brought to the front burner,before such is elected in any sensitive post. Because this is what we always relegate to the background while choosing a leader,and I've seen this reoccurence time and time again in the political scene of this country ever since I started taking interest in Nigeria's politics.

The youths of this country owe themselves the responsibility to make it right this time,statistics show that the youths have larger population in this country more than any other group that make up this entity call Nigeria,and as you know politics is all about number,so we youths should leverage on that and choose a vibrant,able-bodied, intellectual visionary, result-oriented and youthful individuals that will make the dreams and aspirations of the teeming youths of this country a reality,irrespective of where such individuals come from . The time to make that happen is now and no excuses whatsoever.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by BennyDGreat: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

God bless you ojare. You even remind me of the biggest failed arm of governance in Nigeria. I.e the legislative arm.

Totally worthless since 1999. All federal Senators and Reps seem to exist to collect fat salaries and perks while letting the executive arm ride roughshod over us instead of standing up bravely to insist on the passage of laws that will revolutionize Nigeria.

I won't say what I think should be done to members of our legislative arm as I dont want DSS at my door lol.

Suffice to say I view them the most irresponsible and most worthless arm of government we have by far.

It is unfortunately because of the uselessness of the legislative arm of governance that many Nigerians are always praying for the emergence of a visionary head of the executive arm, i.e President of Nigeria, to drive forward the reforms and changes Nigeria is now long overdue for.

Ohh God bless you for this post mehn.
So Apt!
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Timmi: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:
There's no Nigeria before

How would you know when you have sucked all the mind altering germs in your pussylicking endeavor
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by CUMIN: 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
Coolsperm:
Yoruba Muslims unity begars will feel very bad about this statement, the are beging igbos everyday to remain in one Nigeria

Who's begging you IBOcrites
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by mafluxfire: 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2022
inshaAllah, Nigeria will bid you farewell.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
THIS MAN INVENTED DO OR DIE ELECTION,THIS MAN TOOK BILLIONS SAYING HE WANTED TO GENERATE ELECTRIC POWER FOR NIGERIA YET NO STEADY POWER,THIS MAN DESTROYED UNIVERSITY SYSTEM BY BREAKING ASUU'S BACK LIKE HE SAID. YET TODAY IN HIS STUPID OLD AGE,HE IS RANTING LIKE PARROT SAYING CONFUSED THINGS. undecidedI WISH PRESIDENT JERRY ROWLINGS WAS A NIGERIA ALL THESE BULLSHIT WOULD HAVE ENDED SINCE 1999 angryNAIJ NEEDS A JERRY ROWLINGS TO FIX THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Aaay: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
How
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by JOemmy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2022
The CIA 2015 prediction of the disintegration of nigeria might still come to pass in future those guys really have a lot of info on things happening in this world. This recent russia's invasion of Ukraine really goes a lot to show how reliable they are Putin kept denying that he has no intentions of invading Ukraine but the americans kept insisting that he will invade.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by yinkson(m): 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
Oduduwa707:
ONLY if this druggie pretender becomes President.
For where?
#Nigeria is not Lagos.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by klawaaa: 5:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
Shey dey they swear for the Africa leaders? They are all emblems of corruptions and they would always try hard to disguise when they are old or no more having opportunities to the corruption table. Awon Osinwere.
GreatAxeMan:

https://dailytrust.com/corruption-we-may-soon-say-goodbye-to-nigeria-obasanjo
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by seunjungle1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
This old man just spate nonsense...when the democracy was put in your hands at its earlier stage, instead for you(obj) to help reshape it with a good written constitution that can bring better future to Nigerians but obj evil agendas didn't permit that.
Obj calling other politicians corrupt once is ironic
When someone above me there will talk, he/she said obj is saying the truth; what truth can he offer? Shameless set of people
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by indigenous234(f): 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2022
Bobloco:
Obasanjo said, “I cast a cursory look at some of the people running around and those for whom people are running around. If EFCC and ICPC will have done their jobs properly and supported adequately by the judiciary, most of them would be in jail.

Tinubu comes to mind here.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Rawhumper(m): 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
Even with all these regions together I always
say it took 3years to conquer Biafra and note
there were sabotages.

We not definitely going to demand thru
violence, both sides will bleed.

You have to know that many other tribes have seen that the is the real enemy of Nigeria...how they used and wasted their allies like the Yoruba's and middle belt,see the bloodshed in Bene,HOS etc then Yoruba land.

Do you also think other regions will side your region like the past?

You have to be practically man,most tribes now have strong hatred against Hausa
Fulani....I bet you the table is gonna change in
event of war.

Assume Igbo's want to demonstrate their
anger for years of marginalization,its not
going to be agitation .its going to be
declaration of Independence.

I am not saying Igbo should be given the presidency on platter of gold,but come of it,has the north ever won any election
credibly? Assembling underaged northerners , manipulations to win isn't acceptable by the
majority.

I analyze facts without sentiments,that's why most times am near perfect in my analysis

Depends on how the Igbo's handle it,another war will destroy the north.....Niger,Chad etc can send in their mercenaries but that won't save your
region.

South east should be given the chance,the
salvation we have been hoping for since may
lie in that region. Let's give them a chance.

uote author=Michelle70 post=110791832]

Let me make things clear, this is democracy and u can't come and say "give us presidency or we destroy the country"

Who do u think is afraid of that threat? 2023 ur eyes go clear say Nigerians aren't scared of violence and that selfish violence could only affect ur region cos no other region will give u the right to bring ur nonsense.
Its either u learn how BH violence affects only NE or u give it a try and learn from experience, Niger Delta won't accept that ur nonsense, Hausa won't welcome it and Yoruba will not either[/quote]
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Bimpe29: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:
There's no Nigeria before
Then what has it been?
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by Phitocine(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
OBJ has spoken so well like an elder statesman who wants Nigeria to remain even after he's gone. That's commendable, what we need is commitment from him and other statesmen to walk the talk in helping to bring such leader. Nigerians need to make this choice now, else We might actually see the end of Nigeria sooner than. Moghalu Kingsley for me can tick those boxes, although few others can, but all I want is new leaders like him not the regular politicians as OBJ warned, recycling has never worked and wont work.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by tellmemore15: 12:07am On Mar 07, 2022
Baba no worries, we will not vote or support Atiku. We have heard you, he too and his northern brothers have heard you.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by babajero(m): 3:18am On Mar 07, 2022
In reality Nigeria is dead and gone, it only exists on paper and by force.
Re: Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria by sunnnnyuu(m): 4:32am On Mar 07, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) / Breaking News: Boko Haram Video Journalist Killed "On Duty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.