Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others (30380 Views)

Russia Tells BBC “we Did Not Invade Ukraine” And There Is “no War” There. / Russia Tells EU, NATO To Stop Arms Supplies To Ukraine / Trump Fires Defence Secretary, Mark Esper, Appoints Miller In Acting Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
ichidodo:
Russia massive military machinery is powered by its economy which in turn is maintained by high octanic commerce with the rest of the world especially Europe and US, if those two decide to pull the carpet under Russia can it's military assets and soldiers be sustained and maintained by trade with Togo??..

I’m terribly sorry, but this quote is so littered with opinion not supported by fact. And it is wrong. The only thing interesting in your write up is your choice of words...

To sanction a country you're sanctioning yourself too. Russia pulling the carper under Europe power & gas trade? Where will Europe get their power from? USA? Impossible! How will it get to Europe? It cost twice as much and economically impossible. Nigeria? We've then literally declared War against Russia!

You dey yarn dust bro.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by WoundedLamb: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
Lol... Russia calling others bandits is the most ridiculous thing on the Internet.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by FreeIgboho: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
QueenVaji:
As long as he has Ukraine..every other thing can be tackled later...He knows exactly what his doing

But here is my question. Please patiently explain. If Ukraine becomes a part of Russia won’t the country next to it still be NATO - meaning NATO will still be at Russia’s doorstep!

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2022
FreeIgboho:

But here is my question. Please patiently explain. If Ukraine becomes a part of Russia won’t the country next to it still be NATO - meaning NATO will still be at Russia’s doorstep!

You're talking of Poland. I think Putin objective is NATO expansion. It has to stop
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by vikstandon(m): 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2022
Russia NEVER had black slaves nor did Russia create a market to trade black people.

Russia NEVER participated in the Berlin conference to share Africa like some piece of goat meat.

Russia NEVER colonised, underdeveloped and looted Africa's resources.

Russia NEVER enabled a safety net for African leaders to hide stolen funds, use these stolen funds to develop itself and then grant the same funds back to Africa as loans.

Russia never invaded and destabilized any African country

Those who did the aforementioned are the ones pushing the narrative that "Russia" has become the Boogeyman... Those who colonized and for about 100 years refused to share their technology with Africa want Africa to like those they like and hate those they hate.
Nah! Never again!

If Russia is the Boogeyman, then the west the devil himself �
COPIED FROM A FACEBOOK POST
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by ti4c: 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2022
These countries you mentioned had national threatening problems within themselves before U S led NATO intervened which obviously a lot of people didn't like, what problems did Ukraine have within themselves that putin is invading now? Your hatred for the West is making you not be fair in your judgement and compare different situations with Ukraine. And remember, it's people that are dying not animals
Invitationn:

You're being hypocritical because of the prejudices you have against Russia.
Look at it this way.
The US has invaded at least a dozen sovereign nations and the world didn't even blink!
Why is it that we trusted and believed that the US would leave those countries after unjustifiably invading them?
Why was there no " The US would go on to take over smaller countries or encourage other powers to take over small countries if they're allowed to invade Iraq, Afghanistan,Libya et al" sentiments like we have now against Russia?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by ti4c: 3:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
So they should die because their ancestors were evil? Common!
vikstandon:
Russia NEVER had black slaves nor did Russia create a market to trade black people.

Russia NEVER participated in the Berlin conference to share Africa like some piece of goat meat.

Russia NEVER colonised, underdeveloped and looted Africa's resources.

Russia NEVER enabled a safety net for African leaders to hide stolen funds, use these stolen funds to develop itself and then grant the same funds back to Africa as loans.

Russia never invaded and destabilized any African country

Those who did the aforementioned are the ones pushing the narrative that "Russia" has become the Boogeyman... Those who colonized and for about 100 years refused to share their technology with Africa want Africa to like those they like and hate those they hate.
Nah! Never again!

If Russia is the Boogeyman, then the west the devil himself �
COPIED FROM A FACEBOOK POST

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by GoldenSpec: 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2022
Hiss! Sahara reporter sad

But wait, did i just see "bandit" abi it's dat my sight is blurry

Aswr Putin has seen Nigeria finish grin grin
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Aarenaija: 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
Antoeni:
A lady posted on her status saying she needs N1000 urgently�
People were just observing the post without saying anything�
Then a guy commented and said DM�
He DM'her asked for her acct details and sent her N1500� and told her to use the remaining N500 for herself �
The lady thanked him�....
One day the lady called the guy and asked for a date, he agreed and they went to a fancy restaurant.
They developed strong feelings for each other
Then the lady surprised him with a brand new Ferrari and she took the guy to Australia and they got married
....................................................................... ...
MORAL OF THE LESSON : I need N5000 urgently

Come take na.......Nairaland bandit grin grin grin grin grin........I no fee laff
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by FreeIgboho: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ellegacy:

You're talking of Poland. I think Putin objective is NATO expansion. It has to stop

But can’t you see? Ukraine will never qualify to join NATO. So it’ll serve as a buffer between NATO and Russia. Meanwhile Russia has big influence there and will eventually be able to instal a puppet ruler. But if Ukraine becomes just Russia, then Russia will have NATO right at their border - the very thing they’re trying to avoid!

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by BigBashiru: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
ivandragon:
Putin has effectively resurrected the Cold War with the attack on Ukraine.

Countries will seek to further develop their armies. A new arms race will begin... only difference now is that China is in the mix...

China is going to be the beautiful bride as the US & Russia would want the Chinese on their side...

China is already on Russia's side....
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by ichidodo: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ellegacy:

I’m terribly sorry, but this quote is so littered with opinion not supported by fact. And it is wrong. The only thing interesting in your write up is your choice of words...

To sanction a country you're sanctioning yourself too. Russia pulling the carper under Europe power & gas trade? Where will Europe get their power from? USA? Impossible! How will it get to Europe? It cost twice as much and economically impossible. Nigeria? We've then literally declared War against Russia!

You dey yarn dust bro.
Is it America or Europe that is fighting war?? Who needs who most ? If Russia budgets a certain amount of money to prosecute their war and that amount is no longer certain due to economic circumstances like sanctions don't you think their war machine will be under threat going forward? or are you being envious of my write-up thus you just decided to make a great nuisance of yourself?
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Frankiss44(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
kingjizz:

If the world you live in is controlled by the west ,They should fight russia or stop making silly nosie

If you think the world u live in is not controlled by the west then you are not wise.... Even during the vote as t the UN the only country among the so called ally not afraid to vote for Russia was North Korea.. India, Iran and even China decided not to vote for one reason... Go figure it out
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by goodheart01: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
Kingpin1000:
After this war there will be 2 worlds.
1. The US and it's allies world.
2. The Russia and it's allies world.
If you go to Twitter you can see the world is already divided. Funny enough some people are even calling for boycott of US made goods.

Ogbeni should I shock u?? Even China won’t want to be ally with Russia for long because they too need to occupy that number 2 position in the world and that’s why they’re not out rightly supporting the Russians. The Chinese prefer their economy to friendship

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by ivandragon: 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
BigBashiru:

China is already on Russia's side....

Well, so it seem, but I think the fact that they chose to abstain at the UN vote & also recently acknowledged that Russia was at war with Ukraine shows they are not as fully in support as we all thought...
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by starstunna1313(m): 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
Kingpin1000:
After this war there will be 2 worlds.
1. The US and it's allies world.
2. The Russia and it's allies world.
If you go to Twitter you can see the world is already divided. Funny enough some people are even calling for boycott of US made goods.

Russia and their poor allies you mean
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by starstunna1313(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
ichidodo:
Russia massive military machinery is powered by its economy which in turn is maintained by high octanic commerce with the rest of the world especially Europe and US, if those two decide to pull the carpet under Russia can it's military assets and soldiers be sustained and maintained by trade with Togo??..

Please help me ask them.. Russia will just be opening mouth up and down With that their Upgraded version of Nigeria’s economy
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by starstunna1313(m): 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mossadd:
Thats exactly what they are.UNITED STATE is the leaders of the bandits follow by the deputy leader UK but all of them will be crushed when putin is done dealing with the comedian president. World is much bigger than USA and Europe and only China population is bigger than the entire Europe and America population not to talk of India so fvck USA and EU

I don’t know if you did research at all before all you wrote. Indian that is struggling to feed herself and her citizens. Yen that is billions years behind Euro and Dollars. 80% of China commodities are consumed in the USA and Europe. You wan crash Chinese Economy?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by starstunna1313(m): 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Russia beginning to measure up to western propaganda
West is deceiving itself thinking they can bring putin to his knees
If they can't bring ordinary iran to her knees is it the already technologically advanced Russia they can bring to her knees. Although it's going to be tough for them no doubt but Russia will definitely beat their sanctions.
Iran was unprecedentedly cut off from the very potent SWIFT, and couldn't even carryout normal international day to day bank transaction. Yet they survived and came out of it stronger particularly in the military aspect. Now they have largest messiles arsenal in the middle-east. Look at North Korea too. After sanctions they went all the way acquired nuclear weapons and long range messiles like never before. They will simply tell themselves that they have nothing to lose and they will just go all the way.
If there is one thing sanction does to a country and it's people is that it compels them to look inward making them discover and take advantage of lots and lots of hidden potential.
Japan did it after the 2nd world war and came out better and stronger in all aspect.

Why are you judging the strength of a country by its military might.. If you are given two choices of going to Iran , UAE, Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar to make a living. You can never choose going to Iran. Likewise between USA and Russia.. And you know the obvious reasons why you will still choose USA over Russia. I don’t need to start stating that for you
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Invitationn: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
ti4c:
These countries you mentioned had national threatening problems within themselves before U S led NATO intervened which obviously a lot of people didn't like, what problems did Ukraine have within themselves that putin is invading now? Your hatred for the West is making you not be fair in your judgement and compare different situations with Ukraine. And remember, it's people that are dying not animals
Tell me the "national threatening" problem in Iraq, Libya, Syria or Afghanistan that gave the US the right to invade them under international law.
Y'all US as slickers find all sort of ridiculous reasons to justify the invasion of sovereign states.
Who made 'national threatening problem' the basis for the invasion of another country?
Where is it in international law?
And, going by your logic, the war in Donbass satisfies your "national threatening problem" and should be enough reason for Russia to intervene according to your logic, right?
You see how hypocritical you are?

And it's so primitive of you to think anyone who being objective about the double standard of the Westerners hates them.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
ichidodo:
Is it America or Europe that is fighting war?? Who needs who most ? If Russia budgets a certain amount of money to prosecute their war and that amount is no longer certain due to economic circumstances like sanctions don't you think their war machine will be under threat going forward? or are you being envious of my write-up thus you just decided to make a great nuisance of yourself?

Again you're yearning dust. Europe needs Russia gas more than how Russia needs their money. Also again, Sanctions works two ways. You're hurting the country you're sanctioning same way you're hurting your economy from what you get from them. Don't forget how sanctions works again. I don't have the luxury to explain everytime.

It will be Winter soon and Europe will need a lot of Gas.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by VirileNelly2420: 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
Tiiitoo:
Just pull out of Ukraine and everything will be back to normal but if you insist on continuing this war and God bless you you lose this war. You'll be denuclearized before you're reintegrated into the world. USA AND THE WEST long term plan.

If you win the war YOU LOSE
If you lose the war YOU LOSE
...denuclearized by who?

Na only Russia get Nuclear weapons? If there should be denuclearization, no stone should be left unturned!
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by VirileNelly2420: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ellegacy:

Again you're yearning dust. Europe needs Russia gas more than how Russia needs their money. Also again, Sanctions works two ways. You're hurting the country you're sanctioning same way you're hurting your economy from what you get from them. Don't forget how sanctions works again. I don't have the luxury to explain everytime.

Russia is invaluable to d West!! If dey choose to ostracize Russia, dey're rather putting hook on their neck. D world needs Russia!
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
FreeIgboho:

But can’t you see? Ukraine will never qualify to join NATO. So it’ll serve as a buffer between NATO and Russia. Meanwhile Russia has big influence there and will eventually be able to instal a puppet ruler. But if Ukraine becomes just Russia, then Russia will have NATO right at their border - the very thing they’re trying to avoid!

Well you're wrong. They already have NATO at their boarders. NATO already has Estonia, Lativa right at RUSSIA boarders.

Again, I think the objective of PUTIN is NATO expansion. It has to stop. Ironically I presume.

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Russia is invaluable to d West!! If dey choose to ostracize Russia, dey're rather putting hook on their neck. D world needs Russia!

More reasons they won't get involved in the armed conflict. And I can guarantee you, trade will continue like nothing happened between Europe and Russia. The alternative is outright War!
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by goodheart01: 9:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
CNN addict spotted

When someone says something that makes sense you and your likes call that person a CNN addict. Putin addict like u
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by FreeIgboho: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ellegacy:

Well you're wrong. They already have NATO at their boarders. NATO already has Estonia, Lativa right at RUSSIA boarders.

Again, I think the objective of PUTIN is NATO expansion. It has to stop. Ironically I presume.

Wrong. As you can see from your map and the map below, you can’t compare the position of Ukraine to Estonia, etc. it is directly connected to Europe by large land mass

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Wrong. As you can see from your map and the map below, you can’t compare the position of Ukraine to Estonia, etc. it is directly connected to Europe by large land mass

Does the land mass makes a difference?

One of the objectives of NATO is 'Defend' as ONE so they say.

Those NATO countries with small land mass get attacked, all NATO countries defend and fight as one.

I maintained, the objective of the War is NATO expansion. It has to stop!
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by ichidodo: 9:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ellegacy:

it will be Winter soon?! I think you should check your calendar again and re-read what you wrote instead of engaging in topics that are far above your comprehension...
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ajibade123(m): 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
The only thing Russia has is the natural gas and it the main reason why US won't be involved in the war for now at least till it can find a solution to the gas coming from Russia
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
ichidodo:
it will be Winter soon?! I think you should check your calendar again and re-read what you wrote instead of engaging in topics that are far above your comprehension...

If it's not soon, then howfar is winter? My point is during Winter, Europe will needs a lot of Gas that comes from Russia. The channel of trade between Russia and Europe still remains and it will be regardless of the War. Europe sanctioning Russia is like Sanctioning themselves twice.

Ukraine are on their own. I won't school you again, it is tiring.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by alphabbey1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
goodheart01:

Ogbeni should I shock u?? Even China won’t want to be ally with Russia for long because they too need to occupy that number 2 position in the world and that’s why they’re not out rightly supporting the Russians. The Chinese prefer their economy to friendship
You want to shock someone and you are stating observation based on your thinking.... You know nothing about China if you think they will ditch Russia for the west... Even as Mastercard stopped its operation in Russia last week, it was same China that provided them with alternative payment they use now.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Macron Reelected For Second Term As French President / Iran Vows To Deploy 'weapons It Has Never Used If Israel Launches Retaliatory St / Russia Orders Troops To Withdraw From Kherson City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.