Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others (30369 Views)

Russia Tells BBC “we Did Not Invade Ukraine” And There Is “no War” There. / Russia Tells EU, NATO To Stop Arms Supplies To Ukraine / Trump Fires Defence Secretary, Mark Esper, Appoints Miller In Acting Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ajibade123:
The only thing Russia has is the natural gas and it the main reason why US won't be involved in the war for now at least till it can find a solution to the gas coming from Russia

Thank you. Have being trying to explain that to someone that write in green, but he's being too stubborn and arrogant.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by WoundedLamb: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
alphabbey1:
You want to shock someone and you are stating observation based on your thinking.... You know nothing about China if you think they will ditch Russia for the west... Even as Mastercard stopped its operation in Russia last week, it was same China that provided them with alternative payment they use now.....

I think you echoed the same thing the guy said. China provided the alternative payment means because it was thier own opportunity to extend thier influence and make money while at it. History has shown that China is all about thier economy. They don't support anyone based on goodwill. They'll take any business advantage they'd get from these sanctions but even Russia is a competitor and Russia's economic downfall gives China more power. This doesn't mean they'd side the West but Russia just can't count on them too. You get it?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by alphabbey1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
WoundedLamb:

I think you echoed the same thing the guy said. China provided the alternative payment means because it was thier own opportunity to extend thier influence and make money while at it. History has shown that China is all about thier economy. They don't support anyone based on goodwill. They'll take any business advantage they'd get from these sanctions but even Russia is a competitor and Russia's economic downfall gives China more power. This doesn't mean they'd side the West but Russia just can't count on them too. You get it?
Russia counts on No one... They already knew whatever economy sanction the west throws at it, the middle east, China, and India are available to fill the void..... And in military sector, am sure you know when this war becomes Nato vs Russia, they still don't need anybody's help.... Putin made it Clear "there will be no winner". So it's either Russia win, or all of us fry on earth.... Check Russia history From world war 2
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by sultry69(m): 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
seanwilliam:
Like for USA share for Russia

I buy all types of gift cards and funds ( skril , PayPal $ ) I’m trusted and tested grin
This one again, small bikin with small brain.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by WoundedLamb: 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
alphabbey1:
Russia counts on No one... They already knew whatever economy sanction the west throws at it, the middle east, China, and India are available to fill the void..... And in military sector, am sure you know when this war becomes Nato vs Russia, they still don't need anybody's help.... Putin made it Clear "there will be no winner". So it's either Russia win, or all of us fry on earth.... Check Russia history From world war 2

First, you've left what I pointed to delve into other discussions. I was saying your post I quoted echoed what the other guy said cause China offering an alternative to system is purely for the economic gains and not a show of support.

Second, your first statement is self contradicting. You said they count on no one and then went ahead to state the countries they count on to fill the gap. Or does "count on" have another meaning?

Third, the second statement suggests that Russia is holding the world hostage, and I don't really see how the mentality of "if I go down, the world must go down with me" is praiseworthy.

Anyway, we'll be here to see how it unfolds.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by akilo1: 12:49am On Mar 07, 2022
nairalee:
If economic sanction is acting like bandits then what will u call your continued attacks on Ukraine?
God bless you..people that are dey think still dey nairaland
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Funflipper: 12:55am On Mar 07, 2022
Jackiedemie:

Then you praise Americans when they invade Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Iraq etc.
Don't you think you're an hypocrite?

Invading for the purpose of knocking out terrorists and for the purpose of territorial expansion are two different concepts.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by FreeIgboho: 5:06am On Mar 07, 2022
Ellegacy:

Does the land mass makes a difference?

One of the objectives of NATO is 'Defend' as ONE so they say.

Those NATO countries with small land mass get attacked, all NATO countries defend and fight as one.

I maintained, the objective of the War is NATO expansion. It has to stop!

Wrong. The objective of the war cannot be NATO expansion because it stopped with Ukraine. Ukraine will never qualify to join NATO.
I think the objective is Ukraine might develop their own nukes
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Karnice600: 5:57am On Mar 07, 2022
Kingpin1000:
After this war there will be 2 worlds.
1. The US and it's allies world.
2. The Russia and it's allies world.
If you go to Twitter you can see the world is already divided. Funny enough some people are even calling for boycott of US made goods.

Can you count how many people are on Google payroll?
How many families of third world countries have been lifted out of poverty through the internet and provisions from the West?
See how Google has saved Scholars the headache of having to search physical libraries for hard books for research purposes.
The world is between Liberalism and Authoritarianism. Africans have had enough of the latter, but its unfortunate to see most Nigerians supporting this over Liberalism.
China benefited from Liberalism to become a voice on the world stage.
So long as humanity is concerned, authoritarianism will always be self destructive.
Write this down, if the Creator hasn't given man a freedom to chose his form of worship, then authoritarianism in all its forms will succeed in the world.., but if He gave man ability to make choices, even against His Will, then Liberalism shall swallow up authoritarianism in all forms.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Crafteck1: 8:03am On Mar 07, 2022
engrchykae:
who told you that the guy who slapped the french president is still alive?
You can slap macron but it won't prevent macron from upholding and strengthening France stranglehold on francophone Africans.
You can talk to Trump anyhow but it won't prevent Trump from ordering a missile strike in Syria or a drone strike at an Iranian general.
Stop being mind controlled.
Follow bob Marley's advice "emancipate yourself from mental slavery

Power should not be ultimate, it should be checked, 1 man shouldnt have the power to tripple his 10 years or 8 years reign or take a country to a needless war for 3 reasons that dont make sense. A citizen should not ha e to be terrified to talk to a so called leader... Thats what terror means.

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Ellegacy(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Wrong. The objective of the war cannot be NATO expansion because it stopped with Ukraine. Ukraine will never qualify to join NATO.
I think the objective is Ukraine might develop their own nukes

I maintained, the objective of the WAR is NATO expansion!

'Ukraine will never qualify to join NATO'. Why didn't NATO come out and explain in clear terms that they're not ready to integrate Ukraine and they will stop expanding eastwards.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Jackiedemie(m): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2022
Funflipper:

Invading for the purpose of knocking out terrorists and for the purpose of territorial expansion are two different concepts.

Iraq:
185,194 – 208,167 total civilian deaths
Afghanistan:
241,000 people have been killed in the Afghanistan and Pakistan war zone since 2001. More than 71,000 of those killed have been civilians.
Libya:
NATO strikes had killed 1,108 civilians and wounded 6,362. Of the wounded, they said, 717 were critically wounded and 4,537 had light wounds.
Egypt:
An Egyptian governmental fact-finding commission about the revolution announced on 19 April that at least 846 Egyptians died in the nearly three-week-long uprising. While 6,467 people were injured.

I think you're comfortable with the figure of people killed just to massage your ego by tagging the terrorists. Look at the civilian casualties first..
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by QueenVaji: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
FreeIgboho:

But here is my question. Please patiently explain. If Ukraine becomes a part of Russia won’t the country next to it still be NATO - meaning NATO will still be at Russia’s doorstep!

Basically the war is about NATO'S expansion, Russians saw this coming since and
there was a time those USSR countries signed a treaty that they will not be part of NATO(minsk treaty or so) ..somehow his trying to remind all of them that they will suffer same consequences as Ukraine if they dare join NATO..I believe this war will definitely last longer than we thought..
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by FreeIgboho: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
QueenVaji:

Basically the war is about NATO'S expansion, Russians saw this coming since and
there was a time those USSR countries signed a treaty that they will not be part of NATO(minsk treaty or so) ..somehow his trying to remind all of them that they will suffer same consequences as Ukraine if they dare join NATO..I believe this war will definitely last longer than we thought..

If you calmly look at things you’ll see NATO is just a ruse. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, are all already parts of NATO. What Russia is concerned about is not NATO. Their concern is that sooner or later Ukraine would develop nukes. The true purpose of this war is to remove or delay the possibility that Ukraine would ever develop nukes!
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by CanadaOrBust: 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
FreeIgboho:

If you calmly look at things you’ll see NATO is just a ruse. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, are all already parts of NATO. What Russia is concerned about is not NATO. Their concern is that sooner or later Ukraine would develop nukes. The true purpose of this war is to remove or delay the possibility that Ukraine would ever develop nukes!

In other words, if Ukraine develops nuclear weapons it wouldn’t matter wether they are NATO or not.
queenvaji, this guy is right!
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by kingjizz: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
Frankiss44:

If you think the world u live in is not controlled by the west then you are not wise.... Even during the vote as t the UN the only country among the so called ally not afraid to vote for Russia was North Korea.. India, Iran and even China decided not to vote for one reason... Go figure it out

China’s Foreign Minister, Wang Yi, has voiced support for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The friendship between the two peoples is rock-solid, and both sides’ future cooperation prospects are very vast,” said Wang at an annual press briefing

Visa and Mastercard suspended operations, Russian banks are planning to issue cards using China's UnionPay system.
Russian lenders like Sberbank and Alfa-Bank said that they are working on a rollout of UnionPay cards.

My world is controlled by my own God (The almighty) ,which means am wiser than you and your generations to come

Have a nice day
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Frankiss44(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
kingjizz:

China’s Foreign Minister, Wang Yi, has voiced support for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The friendship between the two peoples is rock-solid, and both sides’ future cooperation prospects are very vast,” said Wang at an annual press briefing

Visa and Mastercard suspended operations, Russian banks are planning to issue cards using China's UnionPay system.
Russian lenders like Sberbank and Alfa-Bank said that they are working on a rollout of UnionPay cards.

My world is controlled by my own God (The almighty) ,which means am wiser than you and your generations to come

Have a nice day

See uncle when nor wise All these religious folks don't seem to amaze me... Na God na give u give u the internet and the smart phone u dey use chat abi? If it comes to business, China will do anybody, that's why they are economically sound.. China is US number one trade partner after Canada and that's not going to stop anytime soon despite their political differences .. So the fact that they are maintaining their business status with Russia doesn't mean if war starts today, they will send their soldiers to die for a useless war..... The Chinese have so much to gain sticking with the west than an isolated Russia.. The funny thing about hypocrites like you is that if you have the option, you will still pick a western visa over China and Russia any day.. But you just enjoy fooling yourself
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by kingjizz: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
Frankiss44:

See uncle when nor wise All these religious folks don't seem to amaze me... Na God na give u give u the internet and the smart phone u dey use chat abi? If it comes to business, China will do anybody, that's why they are economically sound.. China is US number one trade partner after Canada and that's not going to stop anytime soon despite their political differences .. So the fact that they are maintaining their business status with Russia doesn't mean if war starts today, they will send their soldiers to die for a useless war..... The Chinese have so much to gain sticking with the west than an isolated Russia.. The funny thing about hypocrites like you is that if you have the option, you will still pick a western visa over China and Russia any day.. But you just enjoy fooling yourself

I see your parents foolishness in you
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Frankiss44(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
kingjizz:

I see my parents foolishness in you

Seriously? Are you parents that foolish? No wonder.. You must be a product of an abusive relationship.. It is written boldly on your head.. Ekpa
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by B2Bmen: 11:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
alphabbey1:
small pikin sense dey over worry this one
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 08, 2022
Tiiitoo:
I didn't see the comment earlier on, what enemies are you talking about, it shows Russia does not have full influence over its neighbors if they're contemplating joining NATO.
These things would have been handled diplomatically because war is the last resort.
China is very smart when it comes to things like this, they weigh their options carefully.

How was Cuban missile crises handled when USA almost invaded Cuba? It was simple USSR was to take out the missiles from Cuba while America removed the one in Europe.
In this instance, Ukraine is not part of NATO yet why decimate a neighbor and causing humanitarian crises because you think the country is leaning towards the West.

So for your mind you think Russia is just invading Ukraine for invading sake? Wait first, why do u think Russia is invading Ukraine
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by kingjizz: 8:13am On Mar 08, 2022
Frankiss44:

Seriously? Are you parents that foolish? No wonder.. You must be a product of an abusive relationship.. It is written boldly on your head.. Ekpa

Am sorry for your stupid parents for spending so much to send you to school...You can even make a correct sentence, SHAME ON YOU ( Are you parents)

I see your parents stupidity in you
Lol
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Frankiss44(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2022
kingjizz:

Am sorry for my stupid parents for spending so much to send me to school...I can even make a correct sentence, SHAME ON ME( Are you parents)

Lol

EH yah.. It takes so much guts to come out in public to insult your parents like but I understand your pains.. They really disapointed you.. It will never be well with them especially your drunk of a father
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by kingjizz: 10:45am On Mar 08, 2022
Frankiss44:

EH yah.. It takes so much guts to come out in public to insult your parents like but I understand your pains.. They really disapointed you.. It will never be well with them especially your drunk of a father

Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Tiiitoo: 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
henrybangs44:

So for your mind you think Russia is just invading Ukraine for invading sake? Wait first, why do u think Russia is invading Ukraine

Nope, I do no think so, I think he has genuine reasons for his invasion which is the security of his country. War is the last resort when other options have not been exhausted.
He invaded Georgia, Crimea and now the eastern flanks of Ukraine (cant u see a trend here?). As if that's not enough he's now invading the whole country citing special Ops for denazification and demilitarization of another European country, unilaterally rearranging and redrawing world map, Is that not Hitler 2.0?

Some of key items he's demanding for now would have been tabled before the invasion but he didn't.

We black people should be able to discern, analyze
and evaluate then make proper decision, it is the same thing with most Nigerians and the Government. We wait for things to happen before taking action.

Good evening.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Tiiitoo:

Nope, I do no think so, I think he has genuine reasons for his invasion which is the security of his country. War is the last resort when other options have not been exhausted.
He invaded Georgia, Crimea and now the eastern flanks of Ukraine (cant u see a trend here?). As if that's not enough he's now invading the whole country citing special Ops for denazification and demilitarization of another European country, unilaterally rearranging and redrawing world map, Is that not Hitler 2.0?

Some of key items he's demanding for now would have been tabled before the invasion but he didn't.

We black people should be able to discern, analyze
and evaluate then make proper decision, it is the same thing with most Nigerians and the Government. We wait for things to happen before taking action.

Good evening.
So essence, the Europeans are allowed to live in peace with one another, use common currency, travel without visa amongs themselves but if another people want to do same is a crime right? So on your opinion the Europeans love the Ukrainians more than their blood right? U need to understand European games. Common people living in peace is a threat to them. They ll do everything to ensure sister countries always have issues, it gives them orgasm. If not for wickedness sakes why will Europe try to break Ukraine from Russia and make ppl like u believe it's the right thing to do? Western propaganda
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by BigBashiru: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2022
Karnice600:

Can you count how many people are on Google payroll?
How many families of third world countries have been lifted out of poverty through the internet and provisions from the West?
See how Google has saved Scholars the headache of having to search physical libraries for hard books for research purposes.
The world is between Liberalism and Authoritarianism. Africans have had enough of the latter, but its unfortunate to see most Nigerians supporting this over Liberalism.
China benefited from Liberalism to become a voice on the world stage.
So long as humanity is concerned, authoritarianism will always be self destructive.
Write this down, if the Creator hasn't given man a freedom to chose his form of worship, then authoritarianism in all its forms will succeed in the world.., but if He gave man ability to make choices, even against His Will, then Liberalism shall swallow up authoritarianism in all forms.

Internet is not from the West and Nigeria is not "third world".....
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Karnice600: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
BigBashiru:

Internet is not from the West and Nigeria is not "third world".....

Oya sorry no vex. The internet originated from Russia.
And Nigeria is a Developed country.
#followpeacewithallmen
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by BigBashiru: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
Karnice600:

Oya sorry no vex. The internet originated from Russia.
And Nigeria is a Developed country.
#followpeacewithallmen

Hahahahahahaha.... Russia is not part of the West... Russia is East...

I realized many Nigerians dont know what the West is... and call everything West... i used to be that way too..

The West are the 5 colonialists of Western Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Belgium, France and United States) + US.

East is Russia and more recently China....
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by Karnice600: 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
BigBashiru:

Hahahahahahaha.... Russia is not part of the West... Russia is East...

I realized many Nigerians dont know what the West is... and call everything West... i used to be that way too..

The West are the 5 colonialists of Western Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Belgium, France and United States) + US.

East is Russia and more recently China....
You didn't get that sarcasm.
It was a way of agreeing to your claims to avoid an argument.
You said the internet didn't begin from the West, so I had to give up on you with those comments. Now you're coming back to school me on the obvious, without reading between the lines of my comment.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by OCHKESTINE(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
Camelot65:
Both countries that had no balls to vote in support of Russia's invasion are who you call serious allies? US ND the EU are even China's biggest trade partners

I actually didn't reply Ur mention immediately because I know people like u argue too much.

Have u seen China's loyalty with Russia lately?

I wanted time to help me explain my point.

You don't even know what is happening is an ideological war. And who else shares same ideology with Russia if not China.

If Russian socialism fails, u think China's will stand.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" very simple logic!
But u chose to argue.
Re: Ukraine: You’re Acting Like Bandits – Russia Tells US, Others by OCHKESTINE(m): 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
Frankiss44:

Iran. Lol... They haven't even been able to cope with Israel... And they still need the US more than any country in Asia that's why they couldn't even come out to support Russia in UN vote.. China remains the number trade partner with NATO and the US, as usual they will stay on the fence.. grin

So How's China's diplomacy "staying on the fence" going?

Have u seen how they have solidly backed Russia?

Sometimes, it's difficult explaining to people who watch CNN what the actual world politics is about.

What is going on is an ideological war. If Russia fall, China's socialism is gone!.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Iran Vows To Deploy 'weapons It Has Never Used If Israel Launches Retaliatory St / Macron Reelected For Second Term As French President / Russia Orders Troops To Withdraw From Kherson City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.