Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? (5250 Views)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by obembet(f): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2022
I believe abortion is not a good thing for both married and single ladies ( even though some stupid guys pushed single ladies into it... That's off topic anyway). But there some married women that determine not to have kids again due to the numbers they already have, Some even go for family planning but the truth is family planning do failed.

Now in a situation couple mostly gotten all the kids and base on thier income and planing, they decided not to have kids again but woman get pregnant. If they allow the baby to grow, it will affect the financially.

Let look at another example by Richy4

A situation where hoodlums invaded a home of a married couple and raped the woman.. she conceived in the process.... Is it appropriate for her to abort the pregnancy considering the fact that she is a married woman

So it's Biblical for the woman to terminate the pregnancy?

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique

1 Like

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by donbachi(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2022
Abortion is abortion...whether married or single.

4 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by obembet(f): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2022
donbachi:
Abortion is abortion...whether married or single.

But in a situation where you already have 4 kids and base on your income and economy, u can't afford to have another one again, what will you do?
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by donbachi(m): 10:40am On Mar 06, 2022
obembet:

But in a situation where you already have 4 kids and base on your income and economy, u can't afford to have another one again, what will you do?
use birth control measures....too many out there.no dey use withdrawal method next time.

3 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Mindlog: 10:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Marital status doesn't change what abortion is.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by dacblogger: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
It's a sin to starve your children or not to be able to care for them...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Married or single it’s the same. Marriage doesn’t make one woman better than another or more worthy of reproductive rights & healthcare than another.

I’m saying this because in my experience, people find it easier to judge single women for having abortions but will excuse it if it’s a married woman.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
obembet:
So it's Biblical for the woman to terminate the pregnancy since the it's early?
Your question makes little to no sense since Jesus Christ made it know that your marriages have absolutely nothing to do with His Kingdom- Luke 20 vs 34-36. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Richy4(m): 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2022

A situation where hoodlums invaded a home of a married couple and raped the woman.. she conceived in the process.... Is it appropriate for her to abort the pregnancy considering the fact that she is a married woman smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Aforxzy(f): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
I dont think it's right for married women to have abortion when it can be prevented thru family planning. However I would only suggest abortion if the pregnancy is life threatening, the baby is deformed or has some health abnormalities.

Otherwise she should keep the pregnancy since she knew their financial condition yet she couldn't prevent the pregnancy after 4 kids.

Let her birth this one, both of them will be more careful next time..
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Beremx(f): 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
Single women—— Abortion
Married women—— Termination of pregnancy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Beremx:
Single women—— Abortion

Double standards.

5 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
obembet:
I believe abortion is not a good thing for both married and single ladies ( even though some stupid guys pushed single ladies into it... That's off topic anyway). But there some married women that determine not to have kids again due to the numbers they already have, Some even go for family planning but the truth is family planning do failed.

Now in a situation where couple already have kids and base on thier income and planing, they decided not to have kids again but woman get pregnant. If they allow the baby to grow, it will affect the financially.

So it's Biblical for the woman to terminate the pregnancy since the it's early?

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique

Sin is sin.

There is no big and small sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Mariangeles(f): 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
Whether single or married, it is inhumane to end a life.
It is hard enough to uproot a growing plant, how much more a growing child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by ahnie: 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
It depends on the decisions of the couples.

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Beremx(f): 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
Saintmary:

Double standards.
exactly!!
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
Beremx:
exactly!!

In Ondo State, unmarried women were excluded from the free family planning initiative provided by Dr Mimiko's administration around 2016. The discrimination was perpetrated by Nurses in Primary Health Centers. You must come with your husband.

I wonder if women's uteruses are only activated by wedding rings.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
ahnie:
I did 37 abortions last week,now m looking for my womb cry

Incase you see my lost womb,pls kindly help me hang it at my door knob

It's medically impossible to get pregnant 37 times in a week.

It takes 14 days for a human zygote to get implanted in the uterus.

After a natural or medically induced miscarriage, you need nothing less than 14-28 days before another ovulation occurs.

I don't know where you got your story from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by ahnie: 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2022
Saintmary:

It's medically impossible to get pregnant 37 times in a week.

It takes 14 days for a human zygote to get implanted in the uterus.

After a natural or medically induced miscarriage, you need nothing less than 14-28 days before another ovulation occurs.

I don't know where you got your story from.
Just bn sarcastic.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
It's easy to judge women, of course they are soft targets, there is no consequence for using women as butts of ignorant jokes.

But to my knowledge, sexual intercourse is done by two individuals.

It is completely absurd to hang only one party to dry and the most annoying part is that this is done by women mostly, men only treat women as badly as women treat women.

Sure, you're perfect, you've never sinned, you gave your virginity to your husband on your matrimonial bed.

Perfect, quintessential virtuous woman.

We hail you.

That is why you can't approach your fellow women when trouble comes, when you've tangled up yourself in your web of self righteousness, isn't your life so lonely?

Wee you just keep kwayet?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
cococandy:
Married or single it’s the same. Marriage doesn’t make one woman better than another or more worthy of reproductive rights & healthcare than another.

I’m saying this because in my experience, people find it easier to judge single women for having abortions but will excuse it if it’s a married woman.

Saintmary:

In Ondo State, unmarried women were excluded from the free family planning initiative provided by Dr Mimiko's administration around 2016. The discrimination was perpetrated by Nurses in Primary Health Centers. You must come with your husband.

I wonder if women's uteruses are only activated by wedding rings.

These nurses are women

6 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
ahnie:

Just bn sarcastic.

Sarcasm at women's expense?

I don't think you're female!
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
Saintmary:

These nurses are women

Yes. Sadly the notion that married women deserve certain rights over single women is upheld by women. It’s a lot to unpack.

They’ll come for my head now if I start, as if I don’t like married women. But I think all women deserve equitable consideration . Marriage doesn’t place one on a pedestal over being a single lady or single mom.

7 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Beremx:
Single women—— Abortion
Haha. Sounds perfect cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Beremx(f): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
cococandy:

Haha. Sounds perfect cheesy
na so coco. That’s how Nigerians have classified it grin

How are you doing? Enjoy your new week sis cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
cococandy:

Yes. Sadly the notion that married women deserve certain rights over single women is upheld by women. It’s a lot to unpack.

They’ll come for my head now if I start as if I don’t like married women. But I think all women deserve equitable consideration . Marriage doesn’t place one on a pedestal over being a single lady or single mom.

Abortion with single women is not the same as abortion among married women. When a married woman considers abortion, she's mostly gotten all the kids. You can't say the same for single women who are at risk of unwanted or undesired complications.

A complicated or bad womb to a mother of 4 is not a bad news.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by bigjackass: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
Depends on the legal status of abortion wherever she is undecided
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
Acidosis:

Abortion with single women is not the same as abortion among married women. When a married woman considers abortion, she's mostly gotten all the kids. You can't say the same for single women who are at risk of unwanted or undesired complications.

I’m talking from the perspective of wrong versus right.

You know how some people feel abortion is wrong but they have a different opinion if the person who does it is married. I feel they should keep the same energy both ways.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
Beremx:
na so coco. That’s how Nigerians have classified it grin

How are you doing? Enjoy your new week sis cool

I’m fine dear. Thanks
You too have a great week.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by ahnie: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
Saintmary:

Sarcasm at women's expense?

I don't think you're female!
Pls take it easy ma'am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

smiley :-))) / My Neighbours Children Are Wild / Most Nigerian Mothers In-law Are Diabolical. Reality Or Stereotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.