Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Please Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advise (1935 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do / My Fiancee Got A Job With The Help Of Her Ex Without My Consent, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise by FaithELEFAN(f): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2022
So me and this guy have been dating since 2020. I decided I don't want to be wasting my time and I want to be faithful to someone.

He said we can tie the knot. The problem is, he said he is not going to kneel down to propose to me. I said "fine, it's ok " but deep down in me, I want him to kneel down and propose to me.

It doesn't make sense now! how will we get married without something to Usher the request to be with me forever.

Please what can I do to make him propose to me? Even if he will not kneel down on his two knees, please what can I do to make him kneel and propose to me
Re: Please Advise by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 07, 2022
It's not necessary to kneel... If he's gonna propose, my boyfriend has to do something insanely romantic! grin

I have a problem with the fact that he told you that he's not going to kneel... He's attached a meaning to the act... And it's weird...

There was no need to voice it out... He could have just proposed without kneeling...

He's probably proud... He doesn't mind that you're gonna bear his last name and so would your children!

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise by matrix199(m): 12:48am On Mar 07, 2022
He's probably not a fan of 'kneel to propose.'

Well, you could try stand on a table when he's about to pop the question since he insists kneeling to propose is not his thing,

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Dreg05: 12:50am On Mar 07, 2022
It like when you want to give him food after the stress of cooking, he say he wont eat the food until you kneel and and give him the food.
Ask yourself haba does it make sense?!.
Watching nollywood bollywood and hollywood movies have made you attach a pattern of what to expect from men.
In irony Nollywood movies of men kneeling to propose to women is trying to make men submissive picturing it in a good way.
why kneel and propose to a gurl when you can Bleep her brain out to cloud nine and get her pregnant, if she no go beg or force or rope you to marry her make i know wetin cause am.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Fabulouslouie(m): 12:58am On Mar 07, 2022
Kneeling down doesn't mean a thing na...

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by matrix199(m): 1:01am On Mar 07, 2022
Datboredberry:
It's not necessary to kneel... If he's gonna propose, my boyfriend has to do something insanely romantic! grin

I have a problem with the fact that he told you that he's not going to kneel... He's attached a meaning to the act... And it's weird...

There was no need to voice it out... He could have just proposed without kneeling...

He's probably proud... He doesn't mind that you're gonna bear his last name and so would your children!

He's probably principled. I'm pretty sure your grandpa didn't kneel to propose to your grandma. He probably stood with her under a tree, held her hands and popped the question. And i'm sure they had a great marriage

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Boogyman557: 2:23am On Mar 07, 2022
Holly Gram cool IS DIS d cause of 2am WEED or wat...

I SWEAR DOWN

if dat MANCHI KNEEL DOWN propose..

Na my old KALA I go take BLAST BLAST d leg wey Em go use KNEEL DOWN..

WTF MAN!

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Sammy101111(m): 5:22am On Mar 07, 2022
You ladies thought some men how to be proud and ego i like your man .
He as been through shit at past so kneeling down does not stop a lady from cheating or doing shit .

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Jeremani: 5:32am On Mar 07, 2022
No agree na weda u no go stay single for this life
Person wan manage u, u come here dey cap careless.

The truth is that this our generation take nonsense seriously

Is this what u should be concerned about at the moment?

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Candidlady: 6:24am On Mar 07, 2022
You want him to kneel down. undecided

Wahala big wahala

Modified: thought you said you were into OLOSHO work

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 07, 2022
matrix199:
He's probably not a fan of 'kneel to propose.'

Well, you could try stand on a table when he's about to pop the question since he insists kneeling to propose is not his thing,
Take this advise op

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by Cutehector(m): 7:16am On Mar 07, 2022
Will you kneel down and be serving him food?

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by helinues: 7:16am On Mar 07, 2022
Wahala no dey finish

So na marriage proposal dey cause kasala for una relationship

Issa okay

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by GooodHardDick: 7:43am On Mar 07, 2022
OP, you're an Olosho

What exactly have you offered that man apart from your pussy, what exactly will you offer him after marriage? Abeg Continue the Olosho work. No need to marry so you won't kill that young man!

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Kobicove(m): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2022
You people need to get real.

Kneeling down to propose is not part of African culture! undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by Gamer999: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2022
Datboredberry:

where in God's name have you been?

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2022
Gamer999:
where in God's name have you been?
Here... smiley

But I know what you mean... I'm sorry...
Re: Please Advise by cooooooks(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2022
Why do you want him to kneel down?
For the gram? To feel desired?

In this thing, try to get a bargain.

Don't be ashamed to use your feminity on him

I agree with the not kneeling down. There is no reason to kneel down. However, he does need to put some effort to make you feel special.

FaithELEFAN:
So me and this guy have been dating since 2020. I decided I don't want to be wasting my time and I want to be faithful to someone.

He said we can tie the knot. The problem is, he said he is not going to kneel down to propose to me. I said "fine, it's ok " but deep down in me, I want him to kneel down and propose to me.

It doesn't make sense now! how will we get married without something to Usher the request to be with me forever.

Please what can I do to make him propose to me? Even if he will not kneel down on his two knees, please what can I do to make him kneel and propose to me
Re: Please Advise by KristopherK: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

Wyndham Rewards Points
Re: Please Advise by ibechris(m): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Who started this kneeling down of a thing? the person must be very stupid and u that is engrossed with this idea,don't worry continue.

Marriage will teach all of u kindergarten women a lesson.

May be u guys think is nollywood.

U want him to kneel for u as if that is how your dad knelt for your mum.

U guys should continue with this fakism and time only will reveal.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by prIVy7(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
First off, it is very important that you know what you want. You said you didn't have a problem with it so why looking for a why to conspire to force the young man against his will?

Secondly, the situation under which he said that is important because it would give you an idea of the thinking or reasoning behind saying that. Better still, you can bring up the topic casually and ask him why he doesn't want to. If he can clearly explain why he doesn't want to kneel without he/she said, then you got a man and should be happy about that.

Thirdly, If he cannot explain clearly, it may be a peer influence thing and may not be from his heart.

Either way, it is important to note that kneeling to propose is not African but influenced by western systems and philosophies. More and more men are coming to that realization and refusing to do it even in the western world.

What you can do is try to convince him to do it because of how it would make you feel or what it would mean to you(showing how much he loves you). If you are able to convince him, be grateful and if not, you need to be truthful to yourself as regards if a gesture is more important to you than him/your relationship.

My father did not go on a knee to propose to my mother and the chances of me kneeling to propose my wife is less than 10% at the moment.

The more we as Africans discard potentially harmful influences of social engineering from the west, the better for us all.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by Gamer999: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
Datboredberry:
Here... smiley

But I know what you mean... I'm sorry...
and you aren't picking calls either cry
Re: Please Advise by Teddy96: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
Gamer999:

grin grin grin .

. . When u meet a real gamer grin grin grin
Re: Please Advise by Gamer999: 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
Teddy96:

grin grin grin .

. . When u meet a real gamer grin grin grin
cry
Re: Please Advise by FaithELEFAN(f): 7:18am On Mar 08, 2022
Candidlady:
You want him to kneel down. undecided
Wahala big wahala
Modified: thought you said you were into OLOSHO work
tough time dont last, tough people do.
its not as if i am proud of what i do, i just dont have an option
Re: Please Advise by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 08, 2022
Gamer999:
Did you ever call me? I had no idea! Honestly...❤

Morning
Re: Please Advise by diogo23: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2022
Datboredberry:

Must you people guys for stupidity of your gender? The most important thing is marriage not how he proposed to her
Re: Please Advise by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2022
diogo23:

Must you people guys for stupidity of your gender? The most important thing is marriage not how he proposed to her
Are you blind ?

I wrote that it's not necessary to kneel down... But there was no need for the man to tell her that he wouldn't...
Re: Please Advise by Truvelisback(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2022
FaithELEFAN:

Just be urself. Don't be too desperate. Although, the guy is a SIMP. He shouldn't have told u that. I.e He kneeling or not kneeling to propose to u. He should have kept it to himself until when he wants to. It should a Surprised proposal(not necessarily kneeling). I would advice that u remain open to relationship. Do not put all ur eggs in one basket.
Re: Please Advise by valdes00(m): 11:43am On Mar 08, 2022
I am sure the OP is short
You want him to kneel so you can slap him abi

With the way girls slap guys this days after they propose, ur guys action is understandable
Re: Please Advise by Gamer999: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Datboredberry:
Did you ever call me? I had no idea! Honestly...❤

Morning
that means you gave me either a wrong number or not your active line.

Good noon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Her Regret Ignoring You By Doing These 17 Things / Sleeping With Somebody’s Wife Is Not A Crime (video) / Can Someone Please Recommend A Heartbreak Songs For Me, It Has Happened Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.