Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? (24493 Views)

Outcome Of 2024 Utme Results, Who Is To Be Blamed? Parents, Teacher Or Students? / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by julybaba(m): 11:24am On Mar 07, 2022
Dear Nairalanders, what can a parent or teacher do, to improve the legibility of this child's handwriting?
The child is currently in JSS3.
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Please mod, I need your help to get this post to front page.
Thanks.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2022
julybaba:
Dear Nairalanders, what can a parent or teacher do, to improve the legibility of this child's handwriting?

Thanks.
Dear Parent,

Please leave the illegible handwriting alone.
That is an omen your child is a medical doctor in the making.
Let him continue with that handwriting which is an attribute of prescription writers.

Thanks

193 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by immortalcrown(m): 11:41am On Mar 07, 2022
I remember my secondary school introduced a handwriting lesson with some handwriting workbooks for some students and those students improved. Go to a bookshop and get that workbook. It might help.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by julybaba(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
immortalcrown:
I remember my secondary school introduced a handwriting lesson with some handwriting workbooks for some students and those students improved. Go to a bookshop and get that workbook. It might help.
OK. Thanks

8 Likes

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Benbisco(f): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.

Please get handwriting book for the child.

My dad got me one when I was in Pry 5 and it really helped my writing. I also got one for my child during the pandemic when he was in JS 2 and it has changed his writing for the better.

When you get it, be sure to monitor him and ensure he writes just the way it is written in the book.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by julybaba(m): 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
Benbisco:

Please get handwriting book for the child.

My dad got me one when I was in Pry 5 and it really helped my writing. I also got one for my child during the pandemic when he was in JS 2 and it has changed his writing for the better.

When you get it, be sure to monitor him and ensure he writes just the way it is written in the book.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by talk2hb1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
I see sign of an highly intelligent pupil, teach him/her to draw.
His brain thinks faster than his writing, leading to poor legibility. Drawing helps to balance thought and writing

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by LordIsaac(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ask the child to never join two letters together when writing. Basically, he should be asked to write each letter independently while writing words. You will notice an improvement.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Lefty500: 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
The child will grow up to be a doctor. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Nicepoker(m): 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
This one is like a tortise making its way across a swampy terrain. The solution is simply. If the child took after the dad there is hope. But if this was how the mom was. Forget it there is no hope.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Kharol1234: 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nothing this one na future DOCTOR in the making grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by gulfer: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Go and get Olympic 2D exercise book, make sure he focuses on small letters and not capital letters...... cool cool cool cool

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Better than my handwriting at that stage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
Sloppy writing is an element of high intellect. His thinks faster than his hand can coordinate. Leave him, this is the era of computer

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by phemmyfour: 4:41am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
Chai
Just get him a 2D already
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by phemmyfour: 4:44am On Mar 08, 2022
Paulpaulpaul:
Sloppy writing is an element of high intellect. His thinks faster than his hand can coordinate. Leave him, this is the era of computer
Not always true
Back in the days, Ade was poor both in IQ and handwriting

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by ITbomb(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2022
Is he super intelligent? That's their weakness. Bad handwriting because their brain is working faster than the hand.

Suggestions

1. Get those color lines handwriting exercise books and make sure he writes on the lines ie the g should touch the lines (both the head and the leg)

2. He should write letters independently not trying to join them

3. Concentrate on small letters

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by sorextee(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2022
I guess the student is quite brilliant. Get him handwriting book.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Rastaramsey(m): 10:53am On Mar 08, 2022
Una sure say this one open eyes write this thing lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by obembet(f): 10:53am On Mar 08, 2022
E be like say that your pikin na doctor

julybaba:

Thanks.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Compuro: 10:53am On Mar 08, 2022
Lol. Jss3. Nothing can be done. This one has no career in education. If you want to make an attempt. The student should get 2D and begin to practice daily for up to six months
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by GoldenJAT(m): 10:53am On Mar 08, 2022
I have two students like that presently!! I mark any assignments, classwork, etc, done by them last, so I can concentrate and read what they wrote.
Found out they are smart and not to be judged on the basis of their writings!! But I kid you not!! Marking their notes isn't for the faint hearted.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by 4tomandchi: 10:53am On Mar 08, 2022
It will change when he/she becomes more conscious of it. Mine changed when I entered SSS.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by cluewebhost(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2022
Lol people with bad writing most times are intelligent
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by kingphilip(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2022
This is really bad and a cause of concern.

Get the person a 2c exercise book, the one they call writing exercise book so the person can write on it according to the lines drawn.

Open a text book and ask the person to write out a passage to fill in the 2c exercise book.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Akeem79(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2022
Arakuba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Viraltrends123: 10:54am On Mar 08, 2022
I changed after I was told that my handwriting could make me fail waec.

That one saying omen up there haven't seen a medical students note, most of them write legibly. It's just that it is recommend to write prescription or test illegible so patients won't think to of self treatment or treating others, pharmacists or scientists can easily recognize what was written.

Bad hand writing can cost him his dream.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Juell(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2022
There's still room for improvement. The child needs to slow down, take it one letter at a time, then slowly pick up on the speed.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Promised N60,000 Increment In Professors' Salaries – ASUU / Make money online with MMM / Similar Everyday Words That Are Often Interchangeably Used Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.