Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? (24497 Views)

Outcome Of 2024 Utme Results, Who Is To Be Blamed? Parents, Teacher Or Students? / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Allwell96: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2022
Most people with bad writings are always very brilliant in school. I don't think it's something that should give you serious concern.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Flame77: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2022
talk2hb1:

I see sign of an highly intelligent pupil, teach him/her to draw.
His brain thinks faster than his writing, leading to poor legibility. Drawing helps to balance thought and writing

Please tell us more. I don learn something today. What do you do when ideas just keep pouring into your head on a particular subject to the extent you start talking to yourself? But the moment you pick up the biro to write, the flow will just stop or you feel your hand is not writing fast enough? It could be very frustrating and annoying.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by profndu(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2022
Teach him how to write each alphabet then teach him how to them individually in group.. Lastly, how to slant them.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Rexymania(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2022
Warris this? This writing is worse
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by promisechild421: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2022
Good day, please let the teacher and parent get a writing note book (2B) and ensure the child use the book, it will will help improve the child's hand writing. my advice please.

1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Buffalo2(m): 11:22am On Mar 08, 2022
How did he get to JS3
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Higgies(m): 11:23am On Mar 08, 2022
He would outgrow the bad writing patterns
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by anochuko01(m): 11:23am On Mar 08, 2022
Simple...

Buy him or her a 2B and have them write consistently.

However, i think children tend to copy handwritings of their parents, older siblings or teachers. So, you should also be a good mentor
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by AleksAndria: 11:26am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:
Dear Nairalanders, what can a parent or teacher do, to improve the legibility of this child's handwriting?
The child is currently in JSS3.
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Please mod, I need your help to get this post to front page.
Thanks.

There's this book, Atlantic Writing Method or something, you should still be able to get it in bookstores.

When you do, get the child to go through all the pages and try to imitate the writings in there as perfectly as possible. If you must hold the hands, please do. It'll take a while but let him/her be consistent. With time, the handwriting shouldn't be an eyesore anymore.

Get a 2D or 2B notebook for practice as well. The point here is to Practice.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Truthwords: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2022
This student reminds me of myself. I have been catching fun, laughing at the comments
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by justjify(m): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:
Dear Nairalanders, what can a parent or teacher do, to improve the legibility of this child's handwriting?

Thanks.
Don't worry. He'll be a doctor
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by aylive02(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Dear Parent,

Please leave the illegible handwriting alone.
That is an omen your child is a medical doctor in the making.
Let him continue with that handwriting which is an attribute of prescription writers.

Thanks
he is a future doctor. If you know you know angry grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by jrusky(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2022
Sorry that boy will end up a professor quote me in years. That boy will break barriers I repeat quote me in years time.

In as far what is written is correct the handwriting is secondary bro.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Majesty33(m): 11:32am On Mar 08, 2022
Get a 2d exercise book and write a particular sentence that should be repeated in a 3page of the book. Ensure the child handwriting is very bold on the book and ensure that he/ she is consistent in that writing. Guess the child is a lazy writer. One of the reasons for such bad writing I guess.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by badboyTee(m): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
cheesy with this kind writing he would surely fail waec
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2022
[s]
PeaceJoyLove:

Please, in the name of Christ I plead, if you arent qualified or experienced to contribute to a topic, dont make comment for just the sake front page whatever. Ha ba! See, you will have your chance to make comments, and you can joke about sex and food as much as you want soon. NL will soon serve you such threads....biko! Snake threads are on their way whereby you can do as you like. Let experienced people make comments.

Biko!
[/s]gibberish
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by gbefunmi(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2022
THE BEST BIT IS TO INTRODUCING TO HIM 2D EXERCISE BOOK FOR HIS WRITING, IT WILL IMPROVED HIM DRASTICALLY.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
gibberish
Leave this thread alone...f.u.ck f.u.ck & roasted reptiles threads will soon come where you can show your talent. grin

E pain am.

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Rubyjade: 11:41am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
it's obvious the child will be a doctor
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Dulfy(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2022
Watch this movie...LIKE STARS ON EARTH.THANK ME LATER�

1 Like

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Rubyjade: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2022
grin
GoldenJAT:
I have two students like that presently!! I mark any assignments, classwork, etc, done by them last, so I can concentrate and read what they wrote.
Found out they are smart and not to be judged on the basis of their writings!! But I kid you not!! Marking their notes isn't for the faint hearted.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Rubyjade: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2022
Dulfy:
Watch this movie...LIKE STARS ON EARTH.THANK ME LATER�
Oga Na writing we dey talk about not career path
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by sassiemyk: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2022
This is better that what Doctors write na. As far as who write'am fit read'am, how e take concern you
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:46am On Mar 08, 2022
[s]
PeaceJoyLove:

Leave this thread alone...f.u.ck f.u.ck & roasted reptiles threads will soon come where you can show your talent. grin

E pain am.
[/s]gibberish
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Proudlyomonna: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2022
talk2hb1:

I see sign of an highly intelligent pupil, teach him/her to draw.
[s]His brain thinks faster than his writing, leading to poor legibility. Drawing helps to balance thought and writing[/s]

Wow superfluous.
Thanks a million times I am sure adopting this intelligent submission to my little boy
My boy is freaky brilliant even way above his age,but his writing sometimes gives me a running stomach that I begin to pity his teachers in school �
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Enemyofpeace: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2022
That’s the handwriting of a medical doctor
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Dami12345: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.

I'll give you the best advise you will ever hear.
Unless you son wakes up with magic talent I will say just let him be more digital.
After all, this mode of communication (writing ) is almost Extinct.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by mayten(m): 11:50am On Mar 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Better than my handwriting at that stage

Mehn i can relate, despite all the handwriting books my handwriting no gree change that time ooo. one advice i'd give the OP at this stage learn to help the child to build self esteem if not mockery of the handwriting by the teachers, parents and friends can break such child's confidence. Intelligence is not dependent on how fine you write but what you know.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Judgesledge(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2022
phemmyfour:
Not always true
Back in the days, Ade was poor both in IQ and handwriting
But now in the day, I learnt Ade is an IT consultant with Microsoft
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by DHaran: 11:53am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
JSS3, that child would be around 13 to 15yrs
just buy him/her handwriting notebook(it has horizontal lines of red,blue parallel to each other),the one they use in primary 2 for him to practice
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
gim
Jokes and beefing apart.... are you really good in writing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Promised N60,000 Increment In Professors' Salaries – ASUU / Make money online with MMM / Similar Everyday Words That Are Often Interchangeably Used Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.