Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? (24437 Views)

Rate This Handwriting 1 - 10 / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Ololanla: 10:55am On Mar 08, 2022
Get a 2-D note book.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2022
sad
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by updatechange(m): 10:56am On Mar 08, 2022
cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy

Endtime handwriting
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Bosenan: 10:58am On Mar 08, 2022
Lefty500:
The child

é1will grow up to be a doctor. grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by BigDawsNet: 10:59am On Mar 08, 2022
Bad writing some times means the kid is intelligent...

You brain work faster while writing...which produces imbalance writing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Bigstardavido(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2022
There is a book called Copy Book, buy Primary edition for your child first, if he improves then you can buy secondary edition for him or her.
I also advise you don't rush him or her into Ss class for now, if possible let him stay in Jss3 for another year until his writing improves.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by farouk2much(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2022
Speechless at the moment
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by anyilalaz: 11:02am On Mar 08, 2022
gulfer:
Go and get Olympic 2D exercise book, make sure he focuses on small letters and not capital letters...... cool cool cool cool

Do they still have Olympic 2D exercise book? Indomie generation '' no go know this one''.' 'Chia, person do n old no be small'
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by dalass(f): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Dear Parent,

Please leave the illegible handwriting alone.
That is an omen your child is a medical doctor in the making.
Let him continue with that handwriting which is an attribute of prescription writers.

Thanks

Don't let mummy G.O send you to hell � straight with this comment o grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by GloriousGbola: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2022
Stop stressing yourself because handwriting does not matter that much in the 21st century. It is a dead skill. Na biro you take make this post?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:
Dear Nairalanders, what can a parent or teacher do, to improve the legibility of this child's handwriting?
The child is currently in JSS3.
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Please mod, I need your help to get this post to front page.
Thanks.

Will definitely become an/a Engineer/Medical Doctor.. congrat in advance grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Flame77: 11:06am On Mar 08, 2022
The student is a Medical Doctor in the making. If you know you know grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by erubati: 11:07am On Mar 08, 2022
In my own opinion,if what I think is true,u caused it by enrolling ur child in a low cost àbé ílè primary school.
Now,u're reaping the benefits
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Winneygirl(f): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2022
Nicepoker:
This one is like a tortise making its way across a swampy terrain. The solution is simply. If the child took after the dad there is hope. But if this was how the mom was. Forget it there is no hope.

I see that you took after your Mom.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Dear Parent,

Please leave the illegible handwriting alone.
That is an omen your child is a medical doctor in the making.
Let him continue with that handwriting which is an attribute of prescription writers.

Thanks
Please, in the name of Christ I plead, if you arent qualified or experienced to contribute to a topic, dont make comment for just the sake front page whatever. Ha ba! See, you will have your chance to make comments, and you can joke about sex and food as much as you want soon. NL will soon serve you such threads....biko! Snake threads are on their way whereby you can do as you like. Let experienced people make comments.

Biko!

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by seniorgozman(m): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2022
This normally occurs when you change a left handed child to right hand.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by eedhrisademola(m): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:
Dear Nairalanders, what can a parent or teacher do, to improve the legibility of this child's handwriting?

Thanks.
The writing go change ITSELF when due. Na one step at a time.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Nicepoker(m): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2022
Winneygirl:

I see that you took after your Mom.
Thanks mom you know I couldn't do this without you grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Iseoluwani: 11:08am On Mar 08, 2022
talk2hb1:

I see sign of an highly intelligent pupil, teach him/her to draw.
His brain thinks faster than his writing, leading to poor legibility. Drawing helps to balance thought and writing

Many NLDERS WOULD THINK THIS IS A JOKE BUT HONESTLY THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE A SOLUTION
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Tpc: 11:09am On Mar 08, 2022
ust monitor to check if he can read and explain what he wrote.
If he can he is brilliant, just monitor him and leave him alone.
If he can't, you better start thinking of vocational studies fast.

My children had the same issue, my son changed in ss3 on his own.
The writing became so beautiful it is like an artist drawing.
My daughter is in ss1, her writing is smallish and almost ineligible, but off-recent it has stayed to take that artistic from, it is still smallish but the improvement is showing.

As they grow older when they can comprehend more it would change.
My youngest child of 8 years is already coding,
Internet generation
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Iseoluwani: 11:09am On Mar 08, 2022
talk2hb1:

I see sign of an highly intelligent pupil, teach him/her to draw.
His brain thinks faster than his writing, leading to poor legibility. Drawing helps to balance thought and writing

Many NLDERS WOULD THINK THIS IS A JOKE BUT HONESTLY THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE A SOLUTION

Bigstardavido:
There is a book called Copy Book, buy Primary edition for your child first, if he improves then you can buy secondary edition for him or her.
I also advise you don't rush him or her into Ss class for now, if possible let him stay in Jss3 for another year until his writing improves.

Op don't discard this advise
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by OracleOfTheMost(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2022
Illegible handwriting or bad handwriting as many people often call it, is a sign of high intelligence or processing information faster than you could get yourself to write it down.
This is true 80% of the time. I’ll use myself as an example..

Uptil this moment my writing is considered illegible because I think of an information so fast that before I could write it down it tends to look like a long signature in lines LOl.. while in primary school I was the overall best from primary 2 till 6 and the guys/girls that always come 2 or 3 had the almost similar pattern of illegible writing as mine or the one in the picture you posted above even in Sec. School. Overall best from JSS 1 till SS2.. This doesn’t erase the fact that there are Dumb people with bad handwriting too.

Atleast by now you should have known His/her level of IQ.. all you have to do is to leave HIm/Her alone as bad handwriting doesn’t transmit to failure in life Lol.. also know that there are many smart authors with illegible handwriting too.. Gracias
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by rufflychux(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2022
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by slowice(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2022
Buy writing pad for him. I remember in primary school, my handwriting was terrible and my dad bought me writing pad to practice with. It took a while and thing really got better.

Dunno if they still sell it nowadays sha cos me na tey tey man grin
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Renegadefrank(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2022
Teach your child Nelson handwriting. It's going to be tough but with consistency, it will get better.

Everything you need on Nelson handwriting is on YouTube as well.

Once taught with constant practice, don't mark anything right until it has a semblance to Nelson handwriting.

My two cents. Nonetheless, Godspeed and best wishes in any direction you wish to go.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by manduwem(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2022
GoldenJAT:
I have two students like that presently!! I mark any assignments, classwork, etc, done by them last, so I can concentrate and read what they wrote.
Found out they are smart and not to be judged on the basis of their writings!! But I kid you not!! Marking their notes isn't for the faint hearted.

Please what do you advice can be done for him. My nephew has the same challenge. Whenever I visit them it's a war to write his class notes so as to help him in his homework so I simply use Google most time.
Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by house10s: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.
na doctor hand writing
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by dollarnaira: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2022
Handwriting book or whatever related is a big scam because at the end you won't use it as a regular book. It is like learning to drive a car with manual gear but will eventually drive an automatic car in the long run.

Really wish you are closer to my location.
Just 5mins with him or her, it will change.
Only to tell the person involved on what to do.

All he needs is letters arrangements.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by bepositive11: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2022
julybaba:

Thanks.

Tell the child why it's important for them to improve their handwriting. Then guide them to write put in extra effort to write well. They can start slowly then speed up with time

I had horrible handwriting at that age. It was a teacher who adviced me to work on it. My handwriting is awesome now cool
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by idibuzo(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2022
this is a doctor's hand writing please leave it alone.....i believe as time goes on it will improve.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by flamingREED(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2022
That child might be dyslexic.

But there's a lot you can do.
Re: What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? by Kaptainkoko: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2022
First of all.. check the way he handle the pen. If he always slant it in his hand, help him to hold it straight. This will help better. Also, let him be writing slowly for now not so fast.
My handwriting was almost like this in my primary school days but got better in my secondary school times.
Right now I have like 3 good different handwriting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? / Late Sylvester Oromoni's Candle Light Procession Held By Ijaw Indigenes (Photos) / 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.