Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Appreciate People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Appreciate People (258 Views)

Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. / Young Couple Appreciate Nairalanders For Their Prayers After Successful Wedding / Let's Take Time To Appreciate Our Dark Skin Beauties And Melanin Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appreciate People by vivsravine: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
APPRECIATE PEOPLE

If I ask you the number of people in the whole world, you would say there are over a billion people in the world today.

The good news is that you have many close to you and the sad news is that you can't reach out to all in a life's time.

Oftentimes we keep malice and grudge with the living while we cry over people who are no more, so sad a reality.

We are so quick to slander and fight the living while we send flowers to the dead and even wish we could write them letters

Now we distance ourselves from the living just because of a misunderstanding while we go to the cemetery to have a moment with the dead on regrets of the past.

It hurts so much that we hardly regard others because we feel we are better than them. Recently I watched a young lad who has a disability with cerebral palsy and he shared how he was treated at various occasions.

There you will find us wailing over a sick fellow who eventually died, truth be told, how did you impact on the living when you have the time to, oftentimes we are so carried away by the selfishness that clouds us.

There are so many places to offer love and impact souls, the orphanage, the old peoples homes, the schools of the blind, the home of the deaf, the hospitals, the prisons and homes where we feel they are rejected in the society.

Again, what you hear we do, is that we run to the morgue to visit the dead, these are people you never visited when they were alive, you cared less to know if they existed, now you easily contribute to their burial and you desire to give them a befitting burial.

I wonder when the wickedness we applaud will stop, I crave for a day without pain and the evil we worship cease to exist, a day when peace will be our watchword, a time when we all embrace love and togetherness, a phase when a common goal of humanity is what we employ.

When will humanity be free from the fear of another man, when will we all appreciate each other and strive to see that others win against all odds, when will we all sing a song after our common goals and vision?

We encourage war and applaud violence, we instigate fight and slander at the slightest provocations, how do we now practice the love we proclaim?

It's high time we renounce evil and embrace the warmth of the stranger, the fellowship of a brother and the joy of a neighbour.

The world needs your hug, the next fellow awaits your smile, indeed someone needs your handshake, a touch can heal a brown heart, a soft tone can break a spell, all we need is each other to make a gloomy day brighter.

Ahudiya speaks

Please visit my blog for more on

https:///4kba6e26

Send me a message on Facebook on Oparah Ahunna Vivian
jion my Facebook page on Vivsravine page
Or Vivsravine on blog spot for my write ups on life and relationships.
Re: Appreciate People by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
more like 7 billion people on earth...

(1) (Reply)

National Grid Collapse Again!!! / Always Everywhere! / Please I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.