Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) (3301 Views)

Federal University Dutsinma Did Not Ban Sunday Services. / 7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA / Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State Post UTME Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by angelfallz(m): 8:26am On Mar 08, 2022
That is not a reason.
Bestiee01:
I guess they have their reason, security_wise

Hadley Chase available
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by kingPhidel(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2022
Nothing new. Visited a northern state were House Rent is charged based on religion even entering keke you pay high if you are not the other religion. Life experience.
How can I get a Ukrainian visa ? Ayam tired in this kwantry
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by sammysammy111(m): 8:47am On Mar 08, 2022
Now wey dem de start small small government no go call dem to order, wen others begin enforce dia own for dia area, I go de hear, one Nigeria, live in peace and harmony, etc
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by dhibs(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2022
legendEMT:
I studied there way back and I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the security of the state. Bichi is running the dictates of his core Islamists who helped to keep him in power. while they refuse to sell lands to Christians to build churches, the campus blocks and auditorium being used is now been gradually and deceptively withdrawn. Typical of 'Christians' to overlook this and call it trials and temptations.
currently studying there,funny enough there is a mosque for islamic worship but u will still c d whole environment crowded during their friday worship.my friends have had series of troubles with d security officials bcus they were enaging in christain activities in the sch environment.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by flokii: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2022
Is being a FOOL part of the requirements of being Christian in Nigeria or what? cos I don't understand why the so called G.Os, Pastors, Bishops etc. are keeping quiet in the face of all these..

Nobody has monopoly of violence.. muslims should call themselves to order now before it's too late for them. My one cent.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by Spacko007(m): 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
If any of you crying foul can show me where "banned" was written in that memo or any word translating to prohibition of Sunday service I have 5k for you.

Comprehension is a problem o, no wonder IELTS is required for Nigerians.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by zanshi: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
Northern Nigeria would tell you "One Nigeria" but you know what they are the most intolerant set of people in British west Africa, worst still they don't understand diversity that is why they would forever remain stunted. Take a look at what has bee happening in the middle belt, Adamawa, Pleateau and Southern Kaduna where you have Christian minorities, their lives forever remain at stake with these Feudalist.

If we took a trip down memory lane, where churches were being bombed and burnt, it started with these fanatics who had these supremacist ideas on how to subvert other religious and cultural identities. Don't be suprised that for them to reference the heads of dept right up to the top echelons of the University administration, they have for long had this idea in mind on how best to subdue a small population of christians from carrying out worship.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by IMEI: 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
angelfallz:
It is up to the school to provide security for all its students. If the school can't do that, then school should close down.

Well what do you think they're trying to do?

Clearly, that's the best way they can secure the students in the circumstances, so why should they forego that and close it down?

Security measures often require an adjustment on the part of the target group
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by mamdanju: 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
I am still trying to see where the ban is written.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by angelfallz(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
Let's say the target group were Muslims, would the school ask them to stop Friday prayers and move Friday prayers to Tuesday because of security issues?
IMEI:

Well what do you think they're trying to do?

Clearly, that's the best way they can secure the students in the circumstances, so why should they forego that and close it down?

Security measures often require an adjustment on the part of the target group

1 Like

Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by wisdomkid: 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bestiee01:
I guess they have their reason, security_wise

Hadley Chase available

I don;t want to curse, but seriously, u b idiot. what is security wise there? Did they say anything about security in the memo or na u know pass them? idiot wey e right dey comot small small dey yarn sh!t.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by Prolificgiant(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
It is well
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by IMEI: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
angelfallz:
Let's say the target group were Muslims, would the school ask them to stop Friday prayers and move Friday prayers to Tuesday because of security issues?

In Kaduna State during lockdown, Friday prayers were banned for four weeks
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by angelfallz(m): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Okay. But that is not the same thing. A viral disease with no cure was spreading, the government had no choice.
But in this case the school has a choice, which is, Provide security for the students on Sundays.

IMEI:

In Kaduna State during lockdown, Friday prayers were banned for four weeks

1 Like

Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by Aketi2: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2022
The Christian Association in the school should sue. Very insecured religion.
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by IMEI: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
angelfallz:
Okay. But that is not the same thing. A viral disease with no cure was spreading, the government had no choice.
But in this case the school has a choice, which is, Provide security for the students on Sundays.

At the time of the lockdown, nearby States continued observing Friday prayers

The school may be able to provide security, just not adequate security and in view of that, took this decision

You should be more worried about whether the authorities consulted with the School's Christian body before issuing the directive

Katsina is a hotbed for banditry and i'm sure beside this measure, others are in place as well
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by Kingdemu: 6:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Now I believe that we are Nigeria's problem and it is so sad there is no end in sight. I can not imagine a community of supposedly educated people like Nairaland are seeing a press release clearly stating that for security reasons, Christian religious activities on that campus are restricted to Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-7pm, with the exception of Sunday which is a GENERAL day (meaning, if you like you can decide to go to church on Sunday from 6am-6pm no one cares), yet they are busy saying Sunday services have been cancelled. Is this not an indictment on our education system that so called educated people can not interprete the contents of a message that is less than 5 lines? Or is it deliberate and all part of the anti-buhari/anti-north bigotry? Shame on you guys!
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by spartan117(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
IMEI:
There's banditry in the State and that likely explains the decision

On Sundays, the School isn't in full swing, hence there may be security lapses

Enlighten me what security lapses will that create? And how does banning church services on that day mitigate against that?
Re: Federal University Dutsinma Bans Sunday Worship Services (Photos) by spartan117(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
Kingdemu:
[s]Now I believe that we are Nigeria's problem and it is so sad there is no end in sight. I can not imagine a community of supposedly educated people like Nairaland are seeing a press release clearly stating that for security reasons, Christian religious activities on that campus are restricted to Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-7pm, with the exception of Sunday which is a GENERAL day (meaning, if you like you can decide to go to church on Sunday from 6am-6pm no one cares), yet they are busy saying Sunday services have been cancelled. Is this not an indictment on our education system that so called educated people can not interprete the contents of a message that is less than 5 lines? Or is it deliberate and all part of the anti-buhari/anti-north bigotry? Shame on you guys![/s]
Go back and read the subject of the memo as well as the first paragraph, then come back to correct this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Summer Camp Options Lagos / The Nigerian Scientist Discovery On Bermuda Triangle / Please Help Me, Can A Science Student Study Law? I Need Advise Before JAMB Reg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.