Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause (19718 Views)

Barcelona Fans Pay Tribute To Asisat Oshoala With A Moment Of Applause / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel / What Ronaldo Said About Juventus Fans’ Applause For His Wonder Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Johnrake69: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:
He paid for their trophies, so...

(For those of you that don't know, Chelsea before Abramovitch had not won many trophies, and between 1971 and 1999, they won absolutely nothing, and were even , if I recall, relegated at one point.

Them Abramovitch came and bought them good players, and good coaches....

Go back to your history. Chelsea won European cup winners cup and the European super cup in 1998. Two trophies

2 Likes

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
Johnrake69:

Go back to your history. Chelsea won European cup winners cup and the European super cup in 1998. Two trophies

Thanks . Someone has pointed that out to me
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by jacobnel(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Mumu coach,why dem know go shout for his name,you want make them mention your name?.Yeye coach.Do you know how Man United and Arsenal where dominating before Roman came in and made the league attractive for investor,naa the UK Government has forgotten all this thing.Why are they involving Western Politics football?They should allow Roman be

teegrams:
Thomas Tuchel has slammed the Chelsea fans who chanted Roman Abramovich’s name during a minute’s applause for war-torn Ukraine before Saturday’s 4-0 win against Burnley.

Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Premier League clubs held a pre-match moment of solidarity with the country before every game this weekend and the majority of fans joined the applause at Turf Moor.

However, a section of the travelling Chelsea support interrupted the applause to sing the name of the club’s Russian owner.

Abramovich this week announced he will sell the Champions League holders amid speculation he could be sanctioned by the British government for his alleged links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

However, Chelsea boss Tuchel was disappointed with the fans who chose not to respect the show of support for Ukraine.

“It’s not the moment to do this. If we show solidarity we show solidarity and we should do it together,” he said.

“We take the knee together. If an important person from our club or another club unfortunately dies we have a minute of respect.

“It is not the moment to give other messages. It’s the moment to show respect. We want to do this. As a club we need our fans to commit to this minute of applause.

“We do it for Ukraine and there is no second opinion about this situation. They have our thoughts and our support and we should stand together. It’s not the moment for other messages.”

Chelsea have won 19 major trophies in Abramovich’s 19-year reign, including five Premier League titles, two Champions League and the Club World Cup.

Abramovich is reportedly seeking £3 billion ($4 billion) to off-load Chelsea, with Turkish billionaire Muhsin Bayrak the latest wealthy investor to declare his interest in a potential deal.

Swiss tycoon Hansjorg Wyss and American businessman Todd Boehly, a co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, have reportedly formed a partnership with a view to making a bid.

Source:https://uphorial.com/post/tuchel-slams-chelsea-fans-for-singing-abramovichs-name-during-ukraine-applause

2 Likes

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
Abramovich Was wasting(investing) his for passion he have for football not for interest like the useless people that own Man U it will be a pity if they sell Chelsea to a business man who only want profit.

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Keegan: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
investigator007:
The fans are sha speaking their minds na

Abi, freedom of expression.

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Lordmoh: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
This news is 3day old for goodness sake
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by pargelenis(m): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

(For those of you that don't know, Chelsea before Abramovitch had not won many trophies, and between 1971 and 1999, they won absolutely nothing, and were even , if I recall, relegated at one point.

Correction. Chelsea won trophies in 1998.
Gunner fan spotted. This is what happens when you have not won an EPL title since 2004 grin
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
pargelenis:

Gunner fan spotted. This is what happens when you have not won an EPL title since 2004 grin

grin

Arsenal for life!

I'm not ashamed of that!

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by pargelenis(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Johnrake69:
Never mind that frustrated Arsenal fan, he’s still waiting for Arsenal’s first Europa trophy.
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by pargelenis(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:
grin
Arsenal for life!
I'm not ashamed of that!
I respect that bro…
I will be borrowing your panadol from time to time if the eventual new Chelsea owners turns us into the Gunners cheesy
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by oluplus(m): 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

Story story?
What would you write about man city?
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
oluplus:

Story story?
What would you write about man city?

Man city is worse
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Truvelisback(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

Tru the help of Abramovich Chelsea won their 1st Champions league. As a matter of fact, he brought name of Chelsea. Then, Chelsea weren't known among the top in the EPL.
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by topsam1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
grin...see fear
Pierocash:
Don't sell Chelsea to any of this billionaires . Non of them can manage Chelsea well...

Sell Chelsea to an Arab Billionaire and see Chelsea climb another ladder of fiery form
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by saintkel(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Promzone:
best fans in the world

blues to the world
God bless u
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Patriotic9ja(m): 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hmm seems Tuchel is about losing it. Why attack the fans and also disrespect our one and only owner, Abramovich. I'm very sure Tuchel will be booed in our next match
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by okanume(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
the matter tire me

up Barcelona btw
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by betshopagent(m): 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
Pierocash:
Don't sell Chelsea to any of this billionaires . Non of them can manage Chelsea well...

Sell Chelsea to an Arab Billionaire and see Chelsea climb another ladder of fiery form
Turkey is not different from Arabs.but u see U.S n UK, they are stingy.

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by oluwaahmed: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hypocritical west. Abrahamovic name deserved to be sung. He took Chelsea from being a mediocre club to world renown. He destroyed the dominance of man utd & Arsenal even making Arsenal his bítch.
How many sanctions have the US & NATO given to Saudi Arabia that bombed a school bus carrying 20 children, or that killed a reporter in Saudi embassy?
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by VEHINTOLAR: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
What nonsense is this Tuchel saying ? Why is it difficult for him to respect the choice of those fans if praise singing Abramovich name was what they chose to do at that time ? He took the whole thing rather too personal. If he is that emotional about the ongoing war in Ukraine, he can resign his position as the coach of Chelsea to enlist in the Ukrainian army as a foreign fighter actually ! Arrant nonsense !
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by justli: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
GeneralPula:
Wetin Tuchel smoke?

He had better calm down cuz fans owns club side’s..

Chelsea Fans will always love Roman... It’s open to the blind!

I think tuchel is protecting Abramovichs interest here. He needed to make the statement that the club is not in support of the fans action to pacify the fury of the British govt, so Roman can wrap up his deal in time
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by darediamond(m): 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
ExtremeDot:
What do they know?
A lot!!

They know what you know as well but which you are refusing to accept as reality.

Who does Royal House Control Industries Help?

What benefits do we get from her control of oil industries in Africa as a whole?
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Kooldon(f): 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Tru the help of Abramovich Chelsea won their 1st Champions league. As a matter of fact, he brought name of Chelsea. Then, Chelsea weren't known among the top in the EPL.

If your inherited your grandpa's business. You put in so much work and effort which gives you the needed result amidst challenges. Would you still be dwelling in your grandpa's woeful result?
Guy, face front and leave CFC matters to CFC fans. My father WAS a banker does not mean that my man IS still banker.
Every club has its generations both good and the bad. Man City were once called the noisy neighbours and now all EPL Clubs are trying to catch up with them. How many years did take Liverpool to win the EPL? When last did Man Utd won EPL trophy? How about Arsenal? Newcastle nko?
Football teams have their times both the good and the bad
My only prayer is that a like minded businessman should buy CFC and not a joint take over/
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Truvelisback(m): 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
Kooldon:

If your inherited your grandpa's business. You put in so much work and effort which gives you the needed result amidst challenges. Would you still be dwelling in your grandpa's woeful result?
Guy, face front and leave CFC matters to CFC fans. My father WAS a banker does not mean that my man IS still banker.
Every club has its generations both good and the bad. Man City were once called the noisy neighbours and now all EPL Clubs are trying to catch up with them. How many years did take Liverpool to win the EPL? When last did Man Utd won EPL trophy? How about Arsenal? Newcastle nko?
Football teams have their times both the good and the bad
My only prayer is that a like minded businessman should buy CFC and not a joint take over/
No matter what, someone brought Chelsea to where it is now. And that person is Abramovich.
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by lokho(m): 12:54am On Mar 09, 2022
U no know say na tout full Chelsea before ni
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by Promzone(m): 9:37am On Mar 09, 2022
[quote author=saintkel post=110861852]God bless u[/quote

Bless you too bro
Re: Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause by GeneralPula: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2022
justli:

I think tuchel is protecting Abramovichs interest here. He needed to make the statement that the club is not in support of the fans action to pacify the fury of the British govt, so Roman can wrap up his deal in time

Oh Ok..

I feel that..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vandals Cart Away Kanu’s Medals / Overheads, free-kicks, backheels... Ronaldo's TEN best goals of the GOAT's 700 / Folarin Balogun Chooses USA Over Nigeria And England.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.