Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos (1836 Views)

Break Failure Experience ( Pix ) / Brake Failure Accident Is Dreadful!!! Top Secret To Avoid It "Exposed" / Osinbajo Left Presidential Villa For A Break In His Benz S-class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
A woman had a break failure and and swerved straight and caused this damage.
It was terrifying but no life was lost.
She should pay for the complete damage or pay what she can afford!
How do you sort issue of break failure accident?

1 Like

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
grin
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by SUPERPACK: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
She has to pay as much as she has.

4 Likes

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by Izprince(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
She go step on acceleration instead of break... Break dey fail most times when vehicle dey on high speed, which in this case the speed is not that high due to the level of damage...

9 Likes

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
Has this happened to you before?
I have seen someone who refused to pay in full claiming it was not intentional.
SUPERPACK:
She has to pay as much as she has.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by SUPERPACK: 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
BobPRESS5:
Has this happened to you before?
I have seen someone who refused to pay in full claiming it was not intentional.
The minute you buy or drive a car, bicycle or bike you are liable for any loss, damage or loss of life caused by it. Every car owner is tasked to ensure all parts of his car is in good condition before driving such. Some accidents are also beyond the power of maintenance culture and being careful, in such a case reason and negotiation would come to rescue.

You can't claim partial damage when you slept off and had a crash, nor when your brake was last serviced 3 years before the crash.

In all cases the affected party has the upper hand and has the right to demand for compensation be it full or partial.

4 Likes

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by oneman11(m): 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
What happened to her vehicle insurance cover?
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by Cokahot: 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
He should fuc k her hard for the next 3 months
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by melviniyke2002(m): 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Cokahot:

1 Like

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by Cokahot: 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Toyota big daddy has turned to scrap,shocked that it does not even have any airbags deployed. Scrap car
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
You are very well on point! But Nigerians don't have these orientation and easily see a person demanding for damages as a wicked soul oo.I have been a victim before!
And many people have coughed out huge amount to repair a fault or damage caused by another to their vehicle.
SUPERPACK:
The minute you buy or drive a car, bicycle or bike you are liable for any loss, damage or loss of life caused by it. Every car owner is tasked to ensure all parts of his car is in good condition before driving such. Some accidents are also beyond the power of maintenance culture and being careful, in such a case reason and negotiation would come to rescue.

You can't claim partial damage when you slept off and had a crash, nor when your brake was last serviced 3 years before the crash.

In all cases the affected party has the upper hand and has the right to demand for compensation be it full or partial.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hahaha!
I gave up for your matter. ; grin
Cokahot:
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
So which is the best alternative!?.
To go meet your insurance company or hold the the perpetrator to repair your car?
oneman11:
What happened to her vehicle insurance cover?
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by fabienjoe: 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
BobPRESS5:
To go meet your insurance company or hold the the perpetrator to repair your car?

Your insurance company would not repair damage not caused by you. The person at fault, intentionally or not should do the repairs. Ideally his or her insurance company would carry out the repairs. The first step in an accident is for the two parties to exchange insurance details. The premium usually increases after such repairs. It goes into a database so that even if the person decides to change insurer, the history would still be accessed and a higher premium still applies. But here, most drivers have fake insurance and so negotiate an out of pocket payment in the event of an accident. No road user has the right to impose costs, injuries or inconveniences on others.

1 Like

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2022
This is Nigeria!
The argument and excuse people do give when accident happens doesn't give room for this your assertion!
I pray we get to this your level of reasoning and understanding one day!
fabienjoe:

Your insurance company would not repair damage not caused by you. The person at fault, intentionally or not should do the repairs. Ideally his or her insurance company would carry out the repairs. The first step in an accident is for the two parties to exchange insurance details. The premium usually increases after such repairs. It goes into a database so that even if the person decides to change insurer, the history would still be accessed and a higher premium still applies. But here, most drivers have fake insurance and so negotiate an out of pocket payment in the event of an accident. No road user has the right to impose costs, injuries or inconveniences on others.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by oneman11(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2022
BobPRESS5:
If the perpetrator have an insurance cover, then her insurance company will be liable for the damage
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by Cokahot: 10:58am On Mar 09, 2022
I had an accident in 2019,I messed up an acurs mdx back with my careless driving under the influence of spirits. Dem nor dey telli person,at the end of the day I coughed out 100k for repairs within a week.,not leaving out my own repairs o.i Starved myself for a month b4 I got my ROI. Make u follow me bumper to bumper,sure I go do am for abroad, no be for naija cos u fit see diff tins for road. No more stupid speeding and showing off say na v6. Highest na 80kph. I no fit shout

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by 9icetoo(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
BobPRESS5:
A woman had a break failure and and swerved straight and caused this damage.
It was terrifying but no life was lost.
She should pay for the complete damage or pay what she can afford!
How do you sort issue of break failure accident?
The road traffic act mandates all vehicles to have third party insurance.

Third party insurance takes care of issues like this to a certain amount depending on your insurance provider.

This question would be mute if she has third party insurance and not even be a topic for discussion if she has comprehensive insurance .
She should contact her insurance company and not subject the owner of the other car to undue stress.

1 Like

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by 9icetoo(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
BobPRESS5:
This is Nigeria!
The argument and excuse people do give when accident happens doesn't give room for this your assertion!
I pray we get to this your level of reasoning and understanding one day!
We are there already.
People just refuse to do the needful.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
Maybe there was no insurance then because I can see from the woman's reaction that the damage cost will be on her head alone!
oneman11:

If the perpetrator have an insurance cover, then her insurance company will be liable for the damage
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
Then there is need to educate Nigerians about this notion.
Even insurance company goes mute a lot about what their services covers.
9icetoo:

The road traffic act mandates all vehicles to have third party insurance.

Third party insurance takes care of issues like this to a certain amount depending on your insurance provider.

This question would be mute if she has third party insurance and not even be a topic for discussion if she has comprehensive insurance .
She should contact her insurance company and not subject the owner of the other car to undue stress.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
Seems you are miles ahead of us oo.
Better join insurance company grin
9icetoo:

We are there already.
People just refuse to do the needful.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by oneman11(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
BobPRESS5:
Maybe there was no insurance then because I can see from the woman's reaction that the damage cost will be on her head alone!
Most vehicle owners are ignorant about the benefits of the mandatory third party insurance cover in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by 9icetoo(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
BobPRESS5:
Seems you are miles ahead of us oo.
Better join insurance company grin
People are just ignorant and the insurance companies feed fat on this ignorance.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by ospreywin(m): 5:03am On Mar 10, 2022
Chai! What happened to insurance? We don't really take insurance serious in this country.

1 Like

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 9:45am On Mar 10, 2022
They are really exploiting that part of ignorance in us to their gains!
9icetoo:

People are just ignorant and the insurance companies feed fat on this ignorance.

1 Like

Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 9:47am On Mar 10, 2022
We don't really take serious at all.Its not just even about cars alone but to businesses and every other properties that should be insured!
ospreywin:
Chai! What happened to insurance? We don't really take insurance serious in this country.
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by Denis08: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2022
I had an incident on public transportation. The driver braked sharply when he saw a child running out onto the road, and I couldn't hold on and fell, breaking my nose. I was very upset by this incident and wanted to get moral and physical compensation. But I was refused in all instances. My friend advised me to go to a [url="https://www.claimsaction.co.uk/road-traffic-accident-claims/bus-accident-claims/"]bus passenger injury claim[/url], who could help me settle the matter. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by skywalker240(m): 3:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=melviniyke2002 post=110868018][/quote] abeg look am well oo
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by BobPRESS5(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Drivers have the right to prevent or dodge an approaching accident,reason why they are not at fault for using emergency braking and stopping abruptly in attempt to avoid collision or jam.Reason why nobody has right to jam another vehicle from behind no matter how sharply he braked!
If you are inside the car and was effected, he isn't supposed to be punished or reported but he should pacify you and show remorse as it was emergency situation.
Denis08:
I had an incident on public transportation. The driver braked sharply when he saw a child running out onto the road, and I couldn't hold on and fell, breaking my nose. I was very upset by this incident and wanted to get moral and physical compensation. But I was refused in all instances. My friend advised me to go to a [url="https://www.claimsaction.co.uk/road-traffic-accident-claims/bus-accident-claims/"]bus passenger injury claim[/url], who could help me settle the matter. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Re: A Break Failure Accident And The Best Way To Judge The Case At Onikan Lagos by alexbacker: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
Denis08:
I had an incident on public transportation. The driver braked sharply when he saw a child running out onto the road, and I couldn't hold on and fell, breaking my nose. I was very upset by this incident and wanted to get moral and physical compensation. But I was refused in all instances. My friend advised me to go to a bus passenger injury claim, who could help me settle the matter. Has anything like this ever happened to you?
here, unfortunately, it doesn't work like that

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue / Should I Buy This Nigeria Made Car? / What Do You Think About The 2015 Mercedes-benz S550 4MATIC Coupe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.