Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus (12348 Views)

Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / Ukrainians Angry As Putin Offers Evacuation Routes Lead To Russia And Belarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by mastermaestro(m): 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Suspend here and there.By the time the west finish with russia, even kremlin will look like my village.

This war will culminate in the removal of Putin, most likely by internal mutineers.

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by OFFICIAL336: 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
SUGARCyprian247:
Lol..

People still use Upwork?
Yes.

It's the largest freelance marketplace in the World

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by leathalbeast: 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
The west are trying to make it seem russia is dying very soon but its all propaganda. Isnt iran still a nation ? Are they not still making weapons ? Russia will suffer but soon china will replace all these companies in russia but they worst part is they wont trade in dollars. So the question is will be a bigger loser? Usa and its dollar

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by seanwilliam(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hellenjoshua:
This is all getting too serious as F
omo try creating a thread for this
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by obedience4(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Putin getting frustrated, I see him sending a Nuke to Ukraine, I see US and NATO replying in kind, I see Russia being Nuked out of existence, I see Africa and the rest of the world suffering the after effects of the Nukes.

I see the prophecy in the book of revelation 8, coming to pass, I see a third of the world's population die as a result of this.

This I have seen.

Sir are you related to the prophet of doom Mr righteousness

1 Like

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by jmoore(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
leathalbeast:
The west are trying to make it seem russia is dying very soon but its all propaganda. Isnt iran still a nation ? Are they not still making weapons ? Russia will suffer but soon china will replace all these companies in russia but they worst part is they wont trade in dollars. So the question is will be a bigger loser? Usa and its dollar
World acclaimed financial expert. You should be working for world bank or IMF.

8 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by obedience4(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Russia is getting isolated by the day
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Adjovi: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
Last last all this won't stop Putin from doing what he wants to do and get what he wants. NATO should put their ego aside and settle for peace. They are now taking drastic measures to appease their ego by going back to their vomits in Venezuela and Iran for help. Time will tell. Let's see how things will end. And for those thinking Russians will rebel against Putin grin grin you know nothing. The world is bigger that Europe. Their are 6 continents left that Russia can do business with. The world does not begin and will not end in Europe.
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by obedience4(m): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
leathalbeast:

Another Nigeria financial experts.
So China will replace Apple Inc, China will replace IBM,
China is Russia biggest trading partner.
Guess what Russia ain't China top 7 partners..
China economy depends on trading with the west..

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by sotall(m): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
leathalbeast:

Thats how Putin ass's licker reason.

In opposite direction

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Adjovi: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
obedience4:
Russia is getting isolated by the day

Isolated from Europe yes their are still 6 continents left in the world
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by MERCHANDISER: 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Putin getting frustrated, I see him sending a Nuke to Ukraine, I see US and NATO replying in kind, I see Russia being Nuked out of existence, I see Africa and the rest of the world suffering the after effects of the Nukes.

I see the prophecy in the book of revelation 8, coming to pass, I see a third of the world's population die as a result of this.

This I have seen.

Sad but truth

1 Like

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by obedience4(m): 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
Adjovi:

Isolated from Europe yes there are still 6 continents left in the world

Well they are countries like north Korea, Syria, Cuba, Iran, Pakistan, etritea, ...

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Angelfrost(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Everybody just dey suspend their service from Russia. Wetin Nigeria go fit suspend now?

Visa and flights to Russia!!! tongue
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by CharleyBright(m): 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
leathalbeast:

Lolx.
Hear teenage boy argument.
China will replace wetin?
No currency can replace the Dollar in the International exchange for a long time. Na be today.
Not even the Euros ( that is more valuable than dollar) can replace the Dollar in International trade. And you are talking about Chinese Yuan replacing the Dollar? Hahahahahaha. Mumu talk.
Pls if them keep 1000 Yuan and 100 dollars beside it, which one will you take?
So you take Chinese Yuan?
Even China man will tell you that u are stupid to take Yuan.
Some of you come to Nairaland and argue with your anus because you want to be sentimental.
Boy, with US sanctions flying on Russia, Putin is going to kill Russia with this silly stronghead war.

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Bellerophon: 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
leathalbeast:

Lol I laugh in vernacular, Look at the number of Iranians living as willing refugees in western countries around the world then you understand Iran’s existence is merely a titular one, protests against the hegemony of the clerical elites and the Ayatollahs autocracy are all tell tale signs of a country on the cusp of implosion

The USA is a trailblazer in the world when it comes to innovation, invention, research and development, academia , technology and every parameters you might think without China coming any close! The 500 most valuable companies in the world are mostly American and Western entities! Chinese companies like Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu, and the ride hailing app Didi all owe their humongous valuation more as a result of local consumption, for crying out loud China is a I.4 Billion strong AGING population! These countries barely have footprints outside their geopolitical sphere! With the exception of Huawei whose leadership of 5G technology has been severely crippled by US sanctions the Chinese economy survives mostly on manufacturing than innovation or technology!

Even your beloved China is the highest holder of US Debts and Dollar reserves! Think with your head not your anus like a fish! So two countries can exclusively trade with their selves circumventing the global banking financial system like Pariahs? Lol even Venezuela’s gold deposits are held by a UK BANK! Russian and Chinese oligarchs have turned London to their LAUNDROMAT where they launder their dirty funds! Why stow away their money in economies of the west rather than their native China and Russia! Why is Western and European real estate more sought after than Chinese and Russians’? Try to think before typing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Adjovi: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
obedience4:

Well they are countries like north Korea, Syria, Cuba, Iran, Pakistan, etritea, ...

. This are just countries in the vast continents. Africa Asia etc
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by secnelly: 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
The most profitable software in Russia now is VPN.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by CharleyBright(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Bellerophon:

Lol I laugh in vernacular, Look at the number of Iranians living as willing refugees in western countries around the world then you understand Iran’s existence is merely a titular one, protests against the hegemony of the clerical elites and the Ayatollahs autocracy are all tell tale signs of a country on the cusp of implosion

The USA is a trailblazer in the world when it comes to innovation, invention, research and development, academia , technology and every parameters you might think without China coming any close! The 500 most valuable companies in the world are mostly American and Western entities! Chinese companies like Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu, and the ride hailing app Didi all owe their humongous valuation more as a result of local consumption, for crying out loud China is a I.4 Billion strong AGING population! These countries barely have footprints outside their geopolitical sphere! With the exception of Huawei whose leadership of 5G technology has been severely crippled by US sanctions the Chinese economy survives mostly on manufacturing than innovation or technology!

Even your beloved China is the highest holder of US Debts and Dollar reserves! Think with your head not your anus like a fish! So two countries can exclusively trade with their selves circumventing the global banking financial system like Pariahs? Lol even Venezuela’s gold deposits are held by a UK BANK! Russian and Chinese oligarchs have turned London to the root LAUNDROMAT where they launder their dirty finds! Why stow away their money in economies of the west rather than their native China and Russia! Why is Western and European real estate more sought after than Chinese and Russians’? Try to think before typing

No mind all these illiterate teenagers on Nairaland. I just told him almost same thing I replied him.
No currency can replace the Dollar in International trade.
Putin was expecting a Military action, but he got Economic sanctions instead, and the hit is getting worse and he is regretting his actions.

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by uchaymart(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Everybody just dey suspend their service from Russia. Wetin Nigeria go fit suspend now?

we go stop to buy/import AK47 from Russia

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Bellerophon: 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
CharleyBright:

No mind all these illiterate teenagers on Nairaland. I just told him almost same thing I replied him.
No currency can replace the Dollar in International trade.
Putin was expecting a Military action, but he got Economic sanctions instead, and the hit is getting worse and he is regretting his actions.

What Putin’s war has succeeded in doing is unifying the west and aligning Europe more closer to the US at a time where their relationship as allies was at an all time low having survived the unpredictability of Trump's America First agenda! Indeed America is back and cooperation with Europe has never been more important than now! Prior to Putin’s invasion Europe had underestimated the threat that he was, and China was making inroads with their belt and road initiatives!
Now Europe has learnt a lesson that neither China nor Russia are any different form the other and as such an ideological alignment impossible! The USA has always carried the weight of Europe’s nonchalant attitude to its own security! How do you rely on your enemy for something as important as energy and outsource your manufacturing to a country with a stark ideological difference? I.e China!

Sometimes I wish if only Putin could annex Europe for a month only to teach them deserved lessons! Had they aligned more with America in recent years Heavy reliance on Russian energy imports and Chinese trade receipts would have been avoided and this vulnerability non existent!

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by iLegendd(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Russians will begin to feel what Nigerians always feel. When you go online and try to register on some sites, and it's time to choose your country, your heart rate increases as you struggle to find the letter N. At last, only Niger Republic and others will show. grin

It sucks mehn! It really does.

9 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by olisaEze(m): 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
VPN ti takeover! grin Now Mother Russia is about to enjoy what every other Nigerian in Nigeria goes through online er’yday! grin

And we did not even have to invade anybody’s land to be suffering the stigmatization. I put it to Putin that his own people will soon turn on him like Ghadaffi, hunger no get respect! grin

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Elsueno: 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
jmoore:
Special financial operation.

Putin don buy market.

Russians should organize massive protests and overthrow Putin.

This kind of grudge & attack way pass Putin, Even if he steps down today 80% of these sanctions would still be thier grin

1 Like

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Elsueno: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
SmartPolician:
Even freelancers in those countries will feel this Putin madness! As this series of sanctions continue, Putin may finally compel his people to oust him from power with a bloody revolution and the West will always be blamed for it. He knows how to accuse the West of everything cheesy

Abeg my guy, bloody revolution In a country with 6,000 nukes, abeg pls no curse us, nuclear dust & winter fit still find us for 9ja grin

1 Like

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by saintnegroid(m): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
pocohantas:
In a letter dated March 7,2022, Upwork’s CEO, Hayden Brown announces that they would be suspending operations in Russia and Belarus.

SOURCE
I have been applying on this Upwork without a job
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Alusiizizi(m): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
I didn't know that upwork was still in business.
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by REALretep(m): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Antoeni:
Six (6) PAIRS Of FRUITS That Should Never Be Mixed Because They Can Cause DEATH ..

(1) Orange and carrot

(2) Pineapple and milk

(3) Papaya and lemon

(4) Guava and banana

(5) Orange and milk

(6) Banana and lemon

You can save a life by sharing this message. Also, banana and egg. Note.
Your head no correct

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Elsueno: 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
CharleyBright:
Russia don enter wahala with all sorts of sanctions flying like missles on their head. The world is a global state and each country need others to survive. No country can survive if all are rejecting u.
Russia will soon become a Pariah state and their econmy grounded. Putin was expecting a military war with the US, but he got a fierce economic war.
Putin will soon be on his knees without the UN firing a military weapon at him.
He didn't bargain for all these sanctions at all.
This will be a lesson for North Korea that is flexing muscle with Nukes to mind their actions.

which north Korea? Only China dey trade with them, No MacDonald, Starbucks, PayPal in fact, dat country even has its own special time...but u know, there where good to us Nigerians, they even offer to teach us how to make ballistic missiles till U.S threatened our balless leadership

1 Like

Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by Invitationn: 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
jmoore:
Special financial operation.

Putin don buy market.

Russians should organize massive protests and overthrow Putin.
That's a possibility.
But don't count on it. The Russians seems to be supporting him.
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by leathalbeast: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
Bellerophon:

Even your beloved China is the highest holder of US Debts and Dollar reserves! Think with your head not your anus like a fish! So two countries can exclusively trade with their selves circumventing the global banking financial system like Pariahs? Lol even Venezuela’s gold deposits are held by a UK BANK! Russian and Chinese oligarchs have turned London to the root LAUNDROMAT where they launder their dirty finds! Why stow away their money in economies of the west rather than their native China and Russia! Why is Western and European real estate more sought after than Chinese and Russians’? Try to think before typing
you still couldnt deny what i said and that fact is these sanctions wont bring putin down not today, tomorrow or forever. Like i said china will fill in the void
Re: Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus by SamGryffindor: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
So what do people now use Boss??
Give me update. Getting jobs at Upwork is quite exhausting these days.
SUGARCyprian247:
Lol..

People still use Upwork?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AU Joins ECOWAS To Pressure Jammeh / New Explosion In Texas Fertilizer Plant Kills ~15, Injures Hundreds / Former South African President Jacob Zuma To Face Corruption Charges - Bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.