Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated (17038 Views)

Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race / See The Lagos Priest Suspended By The Catholic Church For Banning Igbo Songs In / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Tomek09(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
Why was he banned in the first place?

He is the priest for God's sake and should be given leverage to take decisions on some little things.

Why will you be playing disjointed and irritating music in Holy places?

What happened to music from good Gospel artistes like Tope Alabi and Lara George?

Nonsense and ingredients. angry
[/s]
E pain am.

Hit ur coconut head on a wall grin grin

Awon ti ya werey gbogboyin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Tomek09(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
BabalawoPikin:
This isn't right from the Catholic church. But well. There priest fvck pass anything. So this onw na small case.. A tribalist shouldn't stand in from of God's people. In the house of God. We are all one.
Catholic Priests wey dey drag girls with their boyfriends. If you see how dem dey tear panties and bra, you go know say conji na bastard. Majority of them in that Priesthood are deceiving themselves. Them dey eat ladies both married and single steady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Oduduwa707: 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
agadez007:
if late bamishe knew that her tribesmen would cut and sell her private part for 10k each,don’t you think that she should prefer to be Igbo,and all her parts would be where they actually belong,in her body and not somewhere in Soka forest

Werey, remember the driver is an Okoro man... grin

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Felimax(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
I trust his Lordship, he will never dissapoint. For years he has been telling who cares to listen to respect the indigenous tribe of where you domiciled. The church does not belong to one or any tribe.

I am so happy Padre has been reinstated, if you don't like it just get out let parishoners worship God in peace. I cannot be in my community and be learning your language.
Olo'run ma je!

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by agadez007(m): 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Oduduwa707:

Werey, remember the driver is an Okoro man... grin
He is your brother,una dey always claim kinship with delta people na

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Billingslord: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Tomek09:
[s][/s]
E pain am.

Hit ur coconut head on a wall grin grin

Awon ti ya werey gbogboyin.
if you want to speak someone language at least do it with sense,what's the meaning of what you write
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Stevenson1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Oduduwa707:

Cough, cough...

ONLY if you know Igbo is the tribe majority of even their own pple even try to disassociate themselves from. cool

Bro... there's a reason behind that, trust me.

There is a reason an Igbo man would rather remain single than marry from another tribe. Lol.
Igbos are unshakable when it comes to self esteem.
We know the people who run around the world marrying every tom and Harry to brighten up their future kids. Lol
Go to any market and see the results for yourself. Igbo man no dey forget his root. I can't say same about you. Cos in your family alone, you fit get catholic, cele, Muslim and co inside.
Na identity confusion cause am.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by MASCOTECH: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Does it mean they didn't hear from the priest before suspending him?.This is more of a reconciliation of the parties than the that they acted based completely on a mere social media video without further inquiries; as the Catholic church is not known to act recklessly like that.
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by fnep2smooth(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
Jesubaby:

Abeg make i here word jare. Na wetin make una de always get issues wt none igbos. Mk una try to minimise una ego and be accomodative
an jealousy de worry you, if you won be igbo better talk
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by thesicilian: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
onuman:

In most of the times, the public gets it right.
For this priest's reinstatement, many pleas and damage control efforts must have taken place on behalf of the priest.
A true priest should have been wise enough to not get into such scandal in the first place.

Henceforth, fewer people can take Holy Communion from this priest for fear his mind is diabolic.
Absolutely not true.
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Advancedman(m): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
sharpden:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/catholic-priest-suspended-for-banning-igbo-songs-reinstated/

So the Catholic church just reacted to the social media clip without internal first hand checking.
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Igboland: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
Entprys:
I wish I am an Igbo.
They are anointed people

This is so true, it is OK to be a bastard who is shameful about his tribe as wall. You can take every complain you have to hell.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by derecho(m): 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
O se feran ijogbon bayi? How many Catholic Church you don hear Tope Alabi kind of song or even Lara George?
No be everything dey warrant tribalism na

By the way, Tope alabi's songs was good for MountZion soundtracks before JayMikey started creating correct soundtracks. I'd rather play Yinka Ayefele than Tope Alabi's songs that's mostly like dirge.
LeoDeKing:

He is the priest for God's sake and should be given leverage to take decisions on some little things.

What happened to music from good Gospel artistes like Tope Alabi and Lara George?

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by BabalawoPikin(m): 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
Tomek09:

Catholic Priests wey dey drag girls with their boyfriends. If you see how dem dey tear panties and bra, you go know say conji na bastard. Majority of them in that Priesthood are deceiving themselves. Them dey eat ladies both married and single steady.
99% of them. I am a catholic but all those acts made me just go to church pray and move.. People join this priesthood thing as means to change there family lives.. Nobody call them..
I was once an altar server. I saw a lot.. Na my gf then no let me go self. By now I for dey carry my own jeep lol grin
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by techWriter3: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
He been understand his instruction
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Ogbodobeogbodo: 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
The priest is now confronted by a self-inflicted dented reputation, he have a lot of work to do in uniting the aggrieved parish members. Next time, he will watch his utterances. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by putin2: 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Pls igbos in that place should change to another church let him and his own ppl dey there

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Queseda: 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Entprys:
I wish I am an Igbo.
They are anointed people
But you're already Igbo, who are u deceiving cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by georgeakins: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
fnep2smooth:
they suppose to transfer the priest to a new parish. parish people go de look am with one eye. If na true he did that him suppose apologize to the igbos. even gospel music, if you no add igbo song to your music, e no go sell. Igbo has all the melody to praise God that is why igbo music de go far for church.

Igbo's Home/Abroad can now download Igbo music @ www.bongomusic.com.ng or through our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/BongoMusicAfrica

Here in the South West, Ibo music has no meaning to us. Only Ibos listen to Ibo music here, be it gospel or highlife.

So, you can speak for your fellow Ibos.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Omonda(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
Truth be told, as the number person his parish, he have the right to 'understand every thing going on (been said/sing) during mass.' Let us as Nigeria unite in diversity not majority; with this we shall excel. Don't let any tribe dominate over the others in the church, that's what he clamoured for. As a priest and Shepard, we are to take instructions from them. I heard he practiced with them on Saturday only for the choir members to deviate completely from what they have practiced. Don't too believe social media reporting. They may just be looking for trafficks.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
immortalcrown:
Social media dragging is mostly sentimental, not factual. Majority does not care about facts and logic on social media. If you ask a critical question or apply a careful logic to a trending issue, you will be highly castigated.

But let him learn his lesson.
It's called cancel culture. Like what nearly killed that footballers career some weeks back.

In Nigeria men are the ones who spread ssuch cancel culture. In America and west, women are the majority!

It's a wild wild world!
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Awoo88: 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
Igbos and cotholic. I wonder how non Igbos cope in nigeria
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Oduduwa707: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Stevenson1:

There is a reason an Igbo man would rather remain single than marry from another tribe. Lol.
Igbos are unshakable when it comes to self esteem.
We know the people who run around the world marrying every tom and Harry to brighten up their future kids. Lol
Go to any market and see the results for yourself. Igbo man no dey forget his root. I can't say same about you. Cos in your family alone, you fit get catholic, cele, Muslim and co inside.
Na identity confusion cause am.

Yorubas are just too cool like that and you wonder why Chioma is all over Davido and why he can't marry her. (Davido & Chioma) grin The thing is, very few Yoruba families would entertain Igbo ladies to marry their sons. undecided

Yes, Yorubas are very progressive and open-minded which is why you and ur fellow okoros are making ends meet in the SW regions just like immigrants in western worlds.

The 95% of ur pple that are Christians still has 95% of Yoruba churches as the biggest in Africa even some of the biggest in the world. What does that say? Everything Yorubas touch is GOLD! cool

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Reptyle(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
sharpden:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/catholic-priest-suspended-for-banning-igbo-songs-reinstated/

I knew there was more to the story from the first day the story broke on social media.

Social media cancel culture has now replaced the former marketplace lynching of people perceived to have committed one offense or the other. On social media, our reactions of outrage or support for a story that just broke are mostly based on our parochial sentiments rather than on any objective rationale. If we like the alleged perpetrator, then the person can do no wrong; if we do not like the person on the other hand, then we hurriedly call for their head without waiting to hear the full story.

Society's moral compass is broken and we are all just moved by sentiments and emotions. We have lost our rationality. Only God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by tctrills: 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
The Catholic Church is becoming so petty and toxic.
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Elimon(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
FishLaps:
grin

RELIGION Is the GREATEST HARM TO MANKIND.

86% Of CATHOLIC PRIESTS are GAYSsss.

I Was ONCE A Seminarian !!!! - So don't QUOTE ME ....

ONLY GOD CAN HEAL THE WORLD !!!

E be like say he wan expose everything ..... THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE TO SUMMON HIM BACK !!!

Gaysss
GO and take your drugs.
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Collyno82(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
FishLaps:
grin

RELIGION Is the GREATEST HARM TO MANKIND.

86% Of CATHOLIC PRIESTS are GAYSsss.

I Was ONCE A Seminarian !!!! - So don't QUOTE ME ....

ONLY GOD CAN HEAL THE WORLD !!!

E be like say he wan expose everything ..... THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE TO SUMMON HIM BACK !!!

Gaysss
When you said people should not marry by virtue of profession not by self volition, what do you expect
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Cashio(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Another fool

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by Parachoko: 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
onuman:

In most of the times, the public gets it right.
For this priest's reinstatement, many pleas and damage control efforts must have taken place on behalf of the priest.
A true priest should have been wise enough to not get into such scandal in the first place.

Henceforth, fewer people can take Holy Communion from this priest for fear his mind is diabolic.
Pleas on his behalf by who?

If he was found guilty, he would have never return to that parish.
Re: Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated by nosike3(m): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Yeye man....
Very yeye man..
Always carrying his tribalism everywhere he goes...
If I was in his parish, I will simply attend Mass somewhere else, can't stand bigotry and useless tribalism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why We Go To Church. / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Advice For Backsliding Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.