Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? (1151 Views)

What Does It Mean That Even The Demons Believe? / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Janosky: 9:35pm On May 02, 2023
Steep:

Check the bolded again.
1.No where is it written that Adam is suppose to be our role model,
2. You don't get eternal life by imitating Jesus.
3. Jesus is not one of God's spirit sons, he is the only begotten Son.

Your biological father or even Adam no suppose be your role model?

Oga, Where did your education start from?

1 Corinthians 11:1 & John 13:15.
Oga, you dey imitate Satan?

Romans 8:3 & 1 Corinthians 15:45 (NLT),is Jesus Christ a spirit son of God?
Is Oga Steep a human son of God?

Wetin Musa no go see for gate sef? grin grin

JWs follow the holy scriptures jare.
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On May 02, 2023
Janosky:
■ Your biological father or even Adam no suppose be your role model?

Wetin Musa no go see for gate sef? grin
Was Adam Abel's role model?. lipsrsealed
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Janosky: 9:51pm On May 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The word "suppose" precedes 'role model' in the statement.
Is that statement crystal clear enough for you?

When your biological Father is not your role model?
Is that situation very proper and in order?

That Adam was not Abel's role model, do you prefer to copy that example in your own home?
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On May 02, 2023
Janosky:
■ The word "suppose" precedes 'role model' in the statement.
Is that statement crystal clear enough for you? When your biological Father is not your role model?
Is that situation very proper and in order? That Adam was not Abel's role model, do you prefer to copy that example in your own home?
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by delkuf(m): 11:04pm On May 02, 2023
wenogodie2:

So if you believe in the finished work of Jesus for the cleansing of your sins but you still commit fornication and other sins will you make heaven?
you are on a cruise to hell
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 5:32am On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Read through the Gospels, none of the demons Jesus Christ confronted ever suggested He was not the Messiah...they believed. None of them questioned His authority. undecided

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Jesus-Casting-Out-Demons
Where in the bible you are giving me link?
Where was it written that demons believe in Jesus finished work?
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 5:37am On May 03, 2023
Janosky:

Your biological father or even Adam no suppose be your role model?

1 Corinthians 11:1 & John 13:15.
Oga, you dey imitate Satan?

Romans 8:3 & 1 Corinthians 15:45 (NLT),is Jesus Christ a spirit son of God?
Is Oga Steep a human son of God?

Wetin Musa no go see for gate sef? grin grin

JWs follow the holy scriptures jare.
There is no such teaching as spirit sons and humans sobs of God. Just sons of God, in fact God is the father of Spirits not father of flesh.
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 5:38am On May 03, 2023
Steep:
■ Where in the bible you are giving me link?
Where was it written that demons believe in Jesus finished work?
1. You mean you are not aware of the cases where demons even obeyed Jesus Christ lauding Him as the Messiah, Son of God?, undecided

2. Is this finished work you speak if different from what Jesus Christ did while He was on earth or something? Care to explain it with details? undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 6:08am On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You mean you are not aware of the cases where demons even obeyed Jesus Christ lauding Him as the Messiah, Son of God?, undecided
This is not what I asked you, where in the bible was it written that Demons believed in the finished work of Christ?

2. Is this finished work you speak if different from what Jesus Christ did while He was on earth or something? Care to explain it with details? undecided
Where in the bible was it written that Demons believed that Jesus died for them?

You are just a mischievous liar, you lied so as to discredit the gospel of Jesus christ.

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:14am On May 03, 2023
Steep:

There is no such teaching as spirit sons and humans sobs of God. Just sons of God, in fact God is the father of Spirits not father of flesh.

The Bible said Adam is God's Son! Luke 3:38

Was Adam (the first man) flesh or spirit?
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 7:30am On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible said Adam is God's Son! Luke 3:38

Was Adam (the first man) flesh or spirit?

Adam's was made in God's image and God's image has nothing to do with the flesh.
So nothing like human sons or spirit sons just sons of God.

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:54am On May 03, 2023
Steep:
Adam's was made in God's image and God's image has nothing to do with the flesh.

You're just poised for blind arguments! smiley
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Emusan(m): 9:30am On May 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're just poised for blind arguments! smiley

You asked question and he answered you correctly but as usual line.

If he poised for blind arguments then you are poised for complete outer darkness arguments grin grin

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:
This is not what I asked you, where in the bible was it written that Demons believed in the finished work of Christ? Where in the bible was it written that Demons believed that Jesus died for them?

You are just a mischievous liar, you lied so as to discredit the gospel of Jesus christ.
Oh, so "finished work" of Jesus Christ now means Jesus Christ died for one? Interesting delusion of choice! undecided

Jesus Christ brought down with Him the Kingdom of God and it is in that same Kingdom of God that you are told that the devil and his Demons will end up at the end - Matthew 25 vs 41 - 46. Demons know this and they believe that they are a part of the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ rules over. undecided

By the way, are you born-again? What proof do you have of this belief you pretend you have in Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 3:16pm On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, so "finished work" of Jesus Christ now means Jesus Christ died for one? Interesting delusion of choice! undecided

Jesus Christ brought down with Him the Kingdom of God and it is in that same Kingdom of God that you are told that the devil and his Demons will end up at the end - Matthew 25 vs 41 - 46. Demons know this and they believe that they are a part of the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ rules over. undecided
Everybody who read your post will laugh at you.
Deluded liar.

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:

Everybody who read your post will laugh at you.
Deluded liar.
Lol... so Jesus Christ, the one who informed you in Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 that Eternal Damnation is made for the devil and his angels is a deluded liar then? Good to know what you in fact think of Him! undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by TenQ: 3:25pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:
If demons believe does that mean faith is not enough?
First, what do demons believe

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Demons believe there is one God. Believing there is one God is not a saving faith.

What then is the saving faith?
The saving faith is trust in Jesus christ, and his finished work on the cross.
The blood of Jesus shed on the cross is for the remission of sins. We true faith in Jesus we recieve a new life, and this new life lead to good works in christ.

The saving faith produces works but the dead produces no work.
There is a subtle difference between FAITH and BELIEF!

1. Belief is your Conviction about an Issue or person
2. Faith is a Trust leading to Dependence on a Personality
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On May 03, 2023
wenogodie2:
■ If God cannot sin then why do we his image commit sin.
Sin is defined by God's Law which is given to us and not to God. We are able to sin because we are not God, nor are we gods. We are simply images. Consider a barbie or ken doll, made in the image of a man, but that doll is not a man nor does it have all the characteristics of man. It is just made in the image of man. . undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 4:22pm On May 03, 2023
TenQ:

There is a subtle difference between FAITH and BELIEF!

1. Belief is your Conviction about an Issue or person
2. Faith is a Trust leading to Dependence on a Personality
yes that is the definition of belief, it is a conviction about something on someone but however, to believe in something or someone is to trust in that person on thing, Erich itself is faith.
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 4:29pm On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lol... so Jesus Christ, the one who informed you in Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 that Eternal Damnation is made for the devil and his angels is a deluded liar then? Good to know what you in fact think of Him! undecided
sounding like a broken record already, Don't change topic, where in the bible is it written that Demons believe in the finished work of Christ on the cross?

You are a deluded liar.
Your case is that you are in a very strong delusion and convinced that the lies you have being fed is the truth, you have somehow convinced yourself you are wise or intellectual mean while your foolishness is epic.

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by TenQ: 6:06pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:
yes that is the definition of belief, it is a conviction about something on someone but however, to believe in something or someone is to trust in that person on thing, Erich itself is faith.
That is why one must factor in the difference in definition.

It is impossible to have faith without believing.
BUT
It is possible to believe without having faith in a personality.

I can believe Peter Obi won the Election without having Faith in Peter Obi!

I can believe my neighbour stole my goat without having faith in my neighbour.

HOWEVER
I can believe that my wife will not commit Adultery and have Faith in my Wife.

I can believe that God will not Fail me and have Faith in God.

Faith is a Trust leading to a Dependency on the INTEGRITY of a Personality.

I hope the illustration is clearer of the difference between faith and belief
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:
sounding like a broken record already, Don't change topic, where in the bible is it written that Demons believe in the finished work of Christ on the cross?

You are a deluded liar.
Your case is that you are in a very strong delusion and convinced that the lies you have being fed is the truth, you have somehow convinced yourself you are wise or intellectual mean while your foolishness is epic.
The deluded liar here is the one who claims in Jesus Christ yet selectively refuses to believe the same Jesus Christ when He teaches that demons and devil are equally a part of the same Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ brought down and threw open when He died and rose from the dead. grin

In one breath you proclaim God a liar whereas in the other you suggest you believe in Him. Make up your mind abeg and stop living miserably. undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 7:39pm On May 03, 2023
TenQ:

That is why one must factor in the difference in definition.

It is impossible to have faith without believing.
BUT
It is possible to believe without having faith in a personality.

I can believe Peter Obi won the Election without having Faith in Peter Obi!

I can believe my neighbour stole my goat without having faith in my neighbour.

HOWEVER
I can believe that my wife will not commit Adultery and have Faith in my Wife.

I can believe that God will not Fail me and have Faith in God.

Faith is a Trust leading to a Dependency on the INTEGRITY of a Personality.

I hope the illustration is clearer of the difference between faith and belief
Thanks for your input, totally aligned with my position, which is scriptural.
The demons believe there is God but do not put their trust in him.

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On May 03, 2023
kingyakos:
■ ...There are three kind of believers
Unbelievers
Make believers
Believers
Remember the atonement of sins of the Israelites that the priest do offer, now that doesn't mean they don't fall into sin after the atonement, the atonement is as a curtain that covers their sins so God won't see it. Same thing applicable with the true Believers of Christ, who has initiated them body, soul and spirit into Christ, who are the bride of Christ. When ever they fall into sin, God does not see any sin in them though they'll always ask God for forgiveness of their sins. God sees no sin in them, what God sees in them is Christ.
■ The scripture says God created man in his image, in other words they were part of God in the beginning (the original seed) they are not complete without God and God is not complete without them, So how can the image of God sin, it's impossible for that to happen. God cannot sin, it's the devil that sin
1. I am afraid what you described only applies as far as the righteous are concerned -- those who have as instructed sought first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and God's Righteousness. The others in the Kingdom of God, they unrighteous also believe but are unrighteous as a result of their sins. undecided

2. Man was made in the image of God does not imply completeness without God. A doll, for instance, is an image of man, but a doll is not complete without man to move it around or put batteries into it or wash/clean it when it gets dirty. undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by kingyakos: 7:44pm On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid what you described only applies as far as the righteous are concerned -- those who have as instructed sought first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and God's Righteousness. The others in the Kingdom of God, they unrighteous also believe but are unrighteous as a result of their sins. undecided

2. Man was made in the image of God does not imply completeness without God. A doll, for instance, is an image of man, but a doll is not complete without man to move it around or put batteries into it or wash/clean it when it gets dirty. undecided

Please in few sentence define sin?
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On May 03, 2023
kingyakos:
■ Please in few sentence define sin?
Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment hence the reason why it js referred to as transgression of God's Law. undecided
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Janosky: 7:48pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:

cheesy grin grin
Are angels Spirits?
Are angels sons of God?

This fact is not for debate:
Anyone dwelling in heaven is a spirit in heaven.

Is Adam flesh?
Who is Adam's Father?

Oga Steep ,why ?
You suppose done pass this level nau grin
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The deluded liar here is the one who claims in Jesus Christ yet selectively refuses to believe the same Jesus Christ when He teaches that demons and devil are equally a part of the same Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ brought down and threw open when He died and rose from the dead. grin

In one breath you proclaim God a liar whereas in the other you suggest you believe in Him. Make up your mind abeg and stop living miserably. undecided
everybody is laughing at your stupidity, you lied saying Demons believe in the finished work of christ, you don't even know what finished work of christ mean, I pity for your soul.
I asked you where you get that from the scripture that demons believe in the finished work of christ, you spinning and trying to twist it around.

You are the one who is a liar here.

Second lie again, claiming that Jesus teaches that demons are going to be part of God's kingdom.

I would not have bothered but your madness and lies need to be exposed.

Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Kobojunkie, didn't Jesus say All things that offend would be out of his kigdom?
You are just a deluded liar

1 Like

Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Steep(m): 7:53pm On May 03, 2023
Janosky:

cheesy grin grin
Are angels Spirits?
Are angels sons of God?

This fact is not for debate:
Anyone dwelling in heaven is a spirit in heaven.

Is Adam flesh?
Who is Adam's Father?

Oga Steep ,why ?
You suppose done pass this level nau grin
oga Janosky, e better make you just keep quiet and beg God make he show you the truth.
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by TenQ: 8:11pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:

Thanks for your input, totally aligned with my position, which is scriptural.
The demons believe there is God but do not put their trust in him.
Exactly!

Demons believe God is real and shiver in fear
BUT
Their nature forbid them from Trusting this God which would have lead them to a Dependency on the INTEGRITY of His Personality.
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Janosky: 8:15pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:

Genesis 6:3, Adam is flesh.
Ephesians 4:6 God is the Father of ALL flesh and ALL Spirits.

Our Father (of spirits) in heaven (& flesh on earth).
John 20:17 " I am ascending to my Father and your Father"
This is Bible truth non negotiable.
Re: Demons Believe So Faith Is Not Enough? by Janosky: 8:25pm On May 03, 2023
Steep:
oga Janosky, e better make you just keep quiet and beg God make he show you the truth.

Hebrews 1:7,14 angels are spirits.
Genesis 6:3, Adam is flesh.
Luke 1:38 Adam is son of God.
Ephesians 4:6 God is the Father of ALL.
Oga Steep, is it so written in your Bible?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Has Built A Human Robot / Christian Quotes! / How Sinful Is It To Have Intimacy With A Partner U Are Not Married To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.