Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,569 members, 7,812,842 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries (37546 Views)

Breaking: Nwajiuba First To Resign As Buhari Awaits Malami,amaechi, Ngige,Others / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Dapson73(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Galloman:
Congratulations to South west.
The coast is now clear. The presidency is between BAT and Osibanjo.
Politics is all about personal interest and compensation of sacrifices.
You can not eat where u don't work. Those constituting nuisance on nairaland should go and hide themselves in shame. Your region has invested heavily in a party that never deam it fit to clinch their presidential ticket.

It's even a slap on South west if APC Presidential ticket goes to the South east and if Atiku or other northerner gets the PDP ticket.
Loyalty replicated is one of the unwritten law of life. If PDP could not consider her Presidential ticket to South east, then what's the justification for APC to do so?
Instead of their youths to learn from current political situations, hatred and emotions will not allow them.Blackmail doesn't guarantee power,
Until they put their egos aside and learn the tactics involved in politics, the rotations of political power will keep excluding them.

God bless me grin
God bless Asiwaju,
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Awkabigboy: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Shetemi12:
[s]When the time is set, the ideas that set us apart shall be displayed

TINUBU...

Malami thought he has all the power in the world.. lol[/s]
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Awkabigboy: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2022
Galloman:
[s]Congratulations to South west.
You can not eat where u don't work. Those constituting nuisance on nairaland should go and hide themselves in shame. Your region has invested heavily in a party that never deam it fit to clinch their presidential ticket[/s].
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ManMountain(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Such law is evil and oppressive. How can people be denied the right to vote and be voted for? since when does political appointments become a disqualifying factor for people interested in other political offices. It's obvious the brown teeth drug addict who piss on himself regularly must have lobbied his boys in NASS to do this evil electoral bill so that people like Osinbajo, Amaechi who can defeat him easily will not be allowed and their right robbed away from them. Well, las las if APC give the pissi pissi man ticket we will mobilize an unprecedented massive support for Atiku in Niger Delta. If that pee pee man win elections in Nigeria I swear I will apply section 14 of the Constitution ( citizenship renounciation) instead of being a Nigerian were such a person is president. I use to like Tinubu until he started pissing on himself and I started watching his videos seeing how much he doesn't look presidential or talk presidential. I swear, Any pdp aboki is preferred over Tinubu as far as south South and South east Nigeria is concerned, know this and know peace

Which part of the electoral act is denying them this?

Do you know it’s not ALL Nigerians that can vote and be voted for? There are conditions to be met before you can qualify…this is just an added condition

Meanwhile read and comprehend, Osinbajo is not affected by this law as he is not an appointed govt official but an ELECTED official of govt. The law expressly stated APPOINTED officers

4 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Saig: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2022
Hisbah21:
we are in Nigeria,they will by-pass the amendment bill and still contest, rig and nothing will happen. They are very greedy
You people should stop these kinds of comments. can't we ever get something right here? Comments like this are a sign of weakness and lost hope. Those people leverage on stuff like this.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by EasternActivist: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2022
Galloman:
You can not eat where u don't work. Those constituting nuisance on nairaland should go and hide themselves in shame. Your region has invested heavily in a party that never deam it fit to clinch their presidential ticket.

So osinbajo will have to resign cheesy

Re: elected official are not included so osinbajo can.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Galloman(m): 10:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Dapson73:

It's even a slap on South west if APC Presidential ticket goes to the South east and if Atiku or other northerner gets the PDP ticket.
Loyalty replicated is one of the unwritten law of life. If PDP could not consider her Presidential ticket to South east, then what's the justification for APC to do so?
Instead of their youths to learn from current political situations, hatred and emotions will not allow them.Blackmail doesn't guarantee power,
Until they put their egos aside and learn the tactics involved in politics, the rotations of political power will keep excluding them.

God bless me grin
God bless Asiwaju,
God bless Nigeria.

You have said it all.
Hatred, emotion, chest beating and deception have beclouded them.
PDP only sees Igbos as tools of winning election. They so much hate Buhari but his government has brought infrastructural development to east more than the 16 yrs of PDP government.

5 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Parachoko: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2022
humberjade:

Well, maybe they thought since they have puppets at the hems at the National Assembly, it will be easy to amend it at will.
You have said it all.

PDP took advantage by quickly asking the Court to stop the National Assembly from tempering with it.

Is base on that most of the lawmakers do not even want to go back to the issue.

I don't think the clause will be remove and I agree with them.

The days of using Federal Might and State Might by Ministers and Commissioners has been put to an end.

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ManMountain(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2022
EasternActivist:

Nope! Osinbajo is not affected as he is not appointed but ELECTED

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Galloman(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2022
EasternActivist:

No, he is not a political appointee but an elected public servant

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Realdeals(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2022
The best is for them to resign now, if they try an manipulation, opponents will drag them to court and win based on the existence electoral law.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by wirinet(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2022
BIGDADDY000:
Hmm, POLITICS! although that's a how it suppose to be,

they should go and resign indeed if they want to hold a public offices.

But i trust that AUTOCRATIC MAN he will overrule their judgement as usual.

tHEY ARE HIS BOYS

If political appointed officers are to resign before seeking elections, why not the elected officers also. The senators, House members, governors and president should also resign so as not to have undue advantage. After all what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

All these can be solved by direct primaries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ManMountain(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2022
humberjade:
By now, people should know how incompetent Malami is...it is his job to vet these things and advice the President accordingly. But he is too shallow to detect a crucial part of the bill that would eventually come bsck to bite him in the butt. Quota System failure cheesy

Lol. They saw it and they agreed that the President should sign the electoral act with a proviso that he would send an amendment. The President only signed it reluctantly after so much pressure from various powerful quarters but with an assurance from Lawan that they will amend as requested, they didn’t know that the NASS members were laying an ambush.

That law will never be amended under this current government.

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 truthisunique2

What do you think about this Section 84(10):.....I don't think it can stand in Court.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by DMarvel(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2022
BIGDADDY000:
Hmm, POLITICS! although that's a how it suppose to be,

they should go and resign indeed if they want to hold a public offices.

But i trust that AUTOCRATIC MAN he will overrule their judgement as usual.

tHEY ARE HIS BOYS
This is beyond party politics. He will override the law only if he wants APC to fail.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ManMountain(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2022
wirinet:

If political appointed officers are to resign before seeking elections, why not the elected officers also. The senators, House members, governors and president should also resign so as not to have undue advantage. After all what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

All these can be solved by direct primaries.

There are provision under the constitution where an elected government official can vacate his office, that is extant constitutional law.

You can’t put such provision in the electoral law without first amending the constitution itself

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:
garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 truthisunique2

What do you think about this Section 84(10):.....I don't think it can stand in Court.

True.very true,I've been thinking about it.the constitution gives aspirants 30 days to resign from public office and the constitution still gives any Nigerian freedom to vote and be voted for.therefore, it will end up being repealed like section 140
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:20am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:

True.very true,I've been thinking about it.the constitution gives aspirants 30 days to resign from public office and the constitution still gives any Nigerian freedom to vote and be voted for.therefore, it will end up being repealed like section 140
Eggzactly.

100%
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2022
EasternActivist:

Osibanjo is elected, not appointed. Besides, if the presidency said that the clause 48 is at variance with the constitution and if that’s a fact, I think then there is nothing to celebrate because the appointed officials can always contest the primaries while in office and win. When they are challenged in court, they will probably win because the constitution supersedes the electoral act.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:

Exactly what I’ve been saying, the constitution will always supersede the electoral act. Sometimes our lawmakers always put the cart before the horse.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2022
Hisbah21:
we are in Nigeria,they will by-pass the amendment bill and still contest, rig and nothing will happen. They are very greedy
Stop typing rubbish.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2022
CyberWolf:
Exactly what I’ve been saying, the constitution will always supersede the electoral act. Sometimes our lawmakers always put the cart before the horse.
Not that, they want to get back at Govs/President's appointees but I don't think it can stand.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Godispeace: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2022
and PDP will be what ?? ediotic fool shocked shocked shocked shocked
Siruche07:
May GOD continue to cause confusion in the midst of our oppressors

APC will soon be ruined
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2022
Galloman:
Omo, when I read however, vice-president can contest, belle sweet me. Osinbajo is our next president. Eventually, Tinubu will concede. Tinubu is a great politician and should be content with what he has for his age.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

Not that, they want to get back at Govs/President's appointees but I don't think it can stand.
Yes I know but then, they didn’t really play their game well. They should’ve just amend that section of the constitution straight away.. Well that wouldn’t be easy anyway.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:30am On Mar 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
Omo, when I read however, vice-president can contest, belle sweet me. Osinbajo is our next president. Eventually, Tinubu will concede. Tinubu is a great politician and should be content with what he has for his age.
Don’t rejoice yet, the constitution supersedes that electoral act, so that clause 84 might just be useless.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:31am On Mar 10, 2022
CyberWolf:
Yes I know but then, they didn’t really play their game well. They should’ve just amend that section of the constitution straight away.. Well that wouldn’t be easy anyway.
It won't sail.
The Governors will kill it at the House of Assembly stage. The Governors use the appointees method to win primaries to install their Senators and punish any "errant" Abuja representative.

Infact, even from the NA it will fail.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2022
CyberWolf:
Don’t rejoice yet, the constitution supersedes that electoral act, so that clause 84 might just be useless.
It makes no difference, the constitution allows everyone to contest and Osinbajo is clearly the most superior candidate. Just wait until the man officially declares after convention.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by shaqhead: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2022
JubrinElSudan:
APC Sha! This was a normal thing under GEJ. Ministers(Emeka Wogu, Nyesom Wike etc) were resigning to contest Primary elections in their states and we even thought it was already in the electoral law, then APC came and people like Fayemi was still a minister while contesting for Ekiti primaries. Kudos to the NASS for not amending that section like Malami had wanted.
Funny how you reach that conclusion! They didnt amwnd because there is a substantive court injuction that bars them from doing that...simple..so they are waiting for that injunction to be vacated before they can make a move at amending! It is not that hard to that even if it is 24 hours to the convention with the way our national assembly and Judiciary is constituted!

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:37am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

It won't sail.
The Governors will kill it at the House of Assembly stage. The Governors use the appointees method to win primaries to install their Senators and punish any "errant" Abuja representative.

Infact, even from the NA it will fail.
So that means the clause 84 in the electoral act is all for nothing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Describes Wike And Peter Obi's Relationship / Ajimobi, His Wife And Alao Akala Eating Together (Photo) / Gbenga Daniels Meets IBB In His Minna Mansion Over PDP Chairmanship. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.