Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries (37580 Views)

Breaking: Nwajiuba First To Resign As Buhari Awaits Malami,amaechi, Ngige,Others / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2022
klas:

Electoral Bill is not a constitutional amendment bill that needs approval of the state houses of assembly.

The Bill has become an Act upon presidential assent and there is nothing any state Governor can do about it except challenging it in court.
Firstly, understand what he meant.

He was saying that S84(10) of the EA should have been joined together with the recently concluded Constitution Amendment Bills and voted for.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:

True..you can see how quiet his camp he is.he is surely going for Kebbi Gov and cannot end His career this way.senator aliero cannot have his way.amechi will be supporting
There must be a plan already.

garfield1:
Oni took him to court na
I just saw it now....the FHC in Ado-Ekiti said same thing.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:

Not any.it will take ekwo,abang or taiwo.it seems umahi has obtained a stay order.
Yes.

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by humberjade: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2022
ManMountain:

Lol. They saw it and they agreed that the President should sign the electoral act with a proviso that he would send an amendment. The President only signed it reluctantly after so much pressure from various powerful quarters but with an assurance from Lawan that they will amend as requested, they didn’t know that the NASS members were laying an ambush.

That law will never be amended under this current government.

Senators finally have a win over both their State Gov and the Presidency, provided Ghana Must Go doesn't change hands to give it another go.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by humberjade: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2022
Parachoko:
You have said it all.

PDP took advantage by quickly asking the National Assembly from tempering with it.

Is base on that most of the lawmakers do not even want to go back to the issue.

I don't think the clause will be remove and I agree with them.

The days of using Federal Might and State Might by Ministers and Commissioners has been put to an end.

Apt. Hopefully it stays so. It will even makes more sense if the 3 month resignation is a thing ...then so many people would have been disqualified already
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2022
ccollins:
we are in Nigeria does not mean that we are a barbaric jungle. Nigeria is a sovereign country governed by laws, set of norms and customs that influences a civilized culture from its indigenous people. Some top political stalwarts have gone to prison including but not limited to former governors I.e benue , plateau , abia state ex-governors. You better stop that your perverted stereotype and dystopian thoughts , Nigeria respect laws and applicable laws in Nigeria �� are superior to every authority n persons who are subject. We are a democratic nation with progressive ideals to enhance Nigeria in the promotion of the rule of law and not loutish rule of force. Law and order cannot be sacrificed for anyone in Nigeria so you better stop deceiving yourself that anything goes in Nigeria; u recently heard that super cop abba kyari is currently detained in ndlea office despite all his influence and contacts. Stop deceiving yourself .

dreams
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ufuosman(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2022
More drama loading...
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 11:58am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

Yes.

Looks like ikpeazu is the lead lawyer now
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by vicdom(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:
garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 truthisunique2

What do you think about this Section 84(10):.....I don't think it can stand in Court.
Exactly boss!! Same thing I was arguing with my colleagues at work yesterday. Obviously there's inconsistency in that bill that's against the constitution.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Amah70: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
treesun:

https://punchng.com/electoral-bill-malami-amaechi-barred-from-primaries-senate-rejects-buharis-request/

The Bill needed to include elected governors and legislators.

Anyhow, Nigeria's democracy is a farce, given the skewed and lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by northern soldiers who proliferated 19 states and Abuja in one old Northern region, but created only 17 states in the old two southern regions.

The political structure made presidential election in Nigeria an affair largely decided by the political class of the old Northern region.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ArewaNorth: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
humberjade:
By now, people should know how incompetent Malami is...it is his job to vet these things and advice the President accordingly. But he is too shallow to detect a crucial part of the bill that would eventually come bsck to bite him in the butt. Quota System failure cheesy

Though I may not like Malami but did u ever have a better AGF than Malami?
I don't know ur age and ur knowledge of the past administrations but ur criticism to most PMB officials is likely to be personal because most of them have done far better than their predecessors.
We had the worst justice dispensation system and gang raping of judiciary under PDP particularly OBJ where Ministers, opposition party members, politicians were assassinated for simple raisons. We had the same set of people who allowed President to remove Govenernors illegally without following any legal process, we witnessed the removal of about 3 Senate Presidents and 3 Speakers under just one tenure, we witnessed the invasion of NASS in uncountable numbers, we saw dirty things that I don't know what u would say if it were now and at that time people were afraid to utter a word.
Malami might have refused to advised PMB on that matter because he wanted the law to favour him but it is clear that he technically used a legal backing to have asked for the amendment of the section not ignorantly or by violating any law.
I wonder how someone will hate a person who is oblivion to your existence!

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
vicdom:

Exactly boss!! Same thing I was arguing with my colleagues at work yesterday. Obviously there's inconsistency in that bill that's against the constitution.
Gbam
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:
Looks like ikpeazu is the lead lawyer now
Yea.....

Ukala is for the PDP. (Wike's lawyer)
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by BlazinGlory40: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
Omo, when I read however, vice-president can contest, belle sweet me. Osinbajo is our next president. Eventually, Tinubu will concede. Tinubu is a great politician and should be content with what he has for his age.

But I didn’t read where they said a specific time is given for an appointee to resign
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

But I didn’t read where they said a specific time is given for an appointee to resign
The law as it is, states that appointees must resign before contesting. No time is given, it is their choice to choose time of resigning before party primaries are held.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by BlazinGlory40: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
The law as it is, states that appointees must resign before contesting. No time is given, it is their choice to choose time of resigning before party primaries are held.

Then how come some are saying the time appointees ought to have resigned have passed? This headline is misleading as well
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Echoban: 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mooh247:
grin

Gbajabiamila run them street as a Chicago street boy and Tinubu's protegé

First they inserted Direct primaries... Buhari rejected it

Then they added clause 84 in the bill, Buhari could not reject it for the second time, so he signed it hoping for an amendment, but Lawan and his Senators denied him

Buhari would not take this shenking likely, EFCC would pick up several lawmakers soon

Everywhere around the world, nobody needs to tell you to resign a position before aspiring for another one, but greed in Nigeria is just second to non

So what's there if Amaechi resigned and contest?? Any issh?

I'm not seeing any fume here o. Or is there something I am not understanding?

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Mooh247: 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Echoban:

So what's there if Amaechi resigned and contest?? Any issh?

I'm not seeing any fume here o. Or is there something I am not understanding?

Till we see his resignation letter then we might take his ambition seriously
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Echoban: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
wirinet:

If political appointed officers are to resign before seeking elections, why not the elected officers also. The senators, House members, governors and president should also resign so as not to have undue advantage. After all what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

All these can be solved by direct primaries.

So in ur conclusion all Governor's and deputy Governor seeking re-election should first of all resign from being an incubent before participating in primary election?? Just like saying Gov. Oyetola should resign before participating in the past primary..

So who would now be the Governor wen he resigned??

U now see why the law avoided Elected officer. cool

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by sammyscholar(m): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

Look @ his write-up
"people like Fayemi was still a minister while contesting for Ekiti primaries."
okay
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by sammyscholar(m): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
JubrinElSudan:
Primary election na wetin I talk! If he had failed at the primaries he would have continued been a minister. Most GEJ ministers resigned before primaries and the ones who couldn't win the primaries didn't come back to their former ministerial positions
you're right!
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by oyatz(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Galloman:
Congratulations to South west.
The coast is now clear. The presidency is between BAT and Osibanjo.
Politics is all about personal interest and compensation of sacrifices.
You can not eat where u don't work. Those constituting nuisance on nairaland should go and hide themselves in shame. Your region has invested heavily in a party that never deam it fit to clinch their presidential ticket.

Which congratulations.

Buhari is right.

You can't disenfranchise the political appointees. They have every right like other people to participate in the political processes.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by sunkoye: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
gurunlocker:
How will the AGF who's supposed to be a neutral man be an APC man involving in politics in the first place?
he is also the minister of justice. That is where the issue is..
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by dmostcheerful(f): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Galloman:
Congratulations to South west.
The coast is now clear. The presidency is between BAT and Osibanjo.
Politics is all about personal interest and compensation of sacrifices.
You can not eat where u don't work. Those constituting nuisance on nairaland should go and hide themselves in shame. Your region has invested heavily in a party that never deam it fit to clinch their presidential ticket.
Is Osibanjo not the vise president, abi is that not a political post?
You Yoruba people all think through your nose.
Are you people now scared of Amechi?
A man who hasn't even declared he is interested?
I thought you people said he is invincible?
Ndi ala
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Then how come some are saying the time appointees ought to have resigned have passed? This headline is misleading as well
The time for appointees to resign is before party primaries, the time has not passed and the headline is correct. I do not know what you find confusing in this simple law.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by BlazinGlory40: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
The time for appointees to resign is before party primaries, the time has not passed and the headline is correct. I do not know what you find confusing in this simple law.

You don’t get it. I am talking about people who claim that time for resignation has passed and not me
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

You don’t get it. I am talking about people who claim that time for resignation has passed and not me
False information.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Kilometres: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
humberjade:
By now, people should know how incompetent Malami is...it is his job to vet these things and advice the President accordingly. But he is too shallow to detect a crucial part of the bill that would eventually come bsck to bite him in the butt. Quota System failure cheesy

He actually checked and saw it. But the National assembly played a fast one on him. Having rejected the first bill and asking for correction which the NA obliged. They were in a precarious situation to reject it for a second time for fear of been vetoed by NA....I'm sure some National assembly members encouraged Malami to asked the President to sign it and they can amend it later...already there was public outcry on the delay of signing the bill.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by humberjade: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Though I may not like Malami but did u ever have a better AGF than Malami?
I don't know ur age and ur knowledge of the past administrations but ur criticism to most PMB officials is likely to be personal because most of them have done far better than their predecessors.
We had the worst justice dispensation system and gang raping of judiciary under PDP particularly OBJ where Ministers, opposition party members, politicians were assassinated for simple raisons. We had the same set of people who allowed President to remove Govenernors illegally without following any legal process, we witnessed the removal of about 3 Senate Presidents and 3 Speakers under just one tenure, we witnessed the invasion of NASS in uncountable numbers, we saw dirty things that I don't know what u would say if it were now and at that time people were afraid to utter a word.
Malami might have refused to advised PMB on that matter because he wanted the law to favour him but it is clear that he technically used a legal backing to have asked for the amendment of the section not ignorantly or by violating any law.
I wonder how someone will hate a person who is oblivion to your existence!

I don't care about any political party, or their pasts and presents....all I care about is a better Nigeria. Go through my comments, I don't mince words when the APC led govt does good, or outscores the PDP in terms of infrastructure. But never will you see me applaud mediocrity.

I don't care who your pay master is, and I care less if Malami knows me or not, but that won't stop me from saying the truth. He had an ulterior motive and obviously misfired, case closed. Malami has made so many suspicious moves, and has displayed some legal ignorance through some his pronouncements and actions since he was appointed, so don't try to paint in good light. After all, he didn't do I willingly, deafening public outcry pushed him.

Other than infrastructural development, the stop to frequent artificial fuel scarcity during festive periods, stop to political assassinations (which of course is being replaced by unprecedented death of the masses)...I haven't seen any other sector this govt is worthy of praise...and I have said it times without number, PDP is never an option.

We can do better than what we have now, and much better than what we had in the past

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Polchiz(m): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mooh247:

Till we see his resignation letter then we might take his ambition seriously
Jokers!

He can resign, contest and get reappointed again.

STOP masturbating over little issues
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Mooh247: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Polchiz:

Jokers!

He can resign, contest and get reappointed again.

STOP masturbating over little issues

Why are you so pained... Not like Ameachi is related to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Four International Airports As Special Economic Zones / Obi: INEC Should Have Had Pictures Of Presidential Candidates On Ballot Papers / Kayode Ogundamisi Reacts To Video Of Governor Yahaya Bello Training As A Boxer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.