Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries (37572 Views)

Breaking: Nwajiuba First To Resign As Buhari Awaits Malami,amaechi, Ngige,Others / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by DeepSight(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2022
wirinet:

If political appointed officers are to resign before seeking elections, why not the elected officers also. The senators, House members, governors and president should also resign so as not to have undue advantage. After all what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

All these can be solved by direct primaries.

Thats a thought. But who can stand in for an elected officer. An appointed one can easily be replaced, not so an elected one.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
It makes no difference, the constitution allows everyone to contest and Osinbajo is clearly the most superior candidate. Just wait until the man officially declares after convention.
I’m not saying Osibanjo isn’t qualified to contest because personally, I like him and will like him to contest, I’m only trying to clarify that the clause 84 in the new electoral act has little or no use because the provisions of the constitution will always override that clause.

4 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2022
CyberWolf:
So that means the clause 84 in the electoral act is all for nothing?
For me...I believe Section 84(10) will not stand in Court. We have had similar scenario before with S140 of the Electoral Act 2010.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by CyberWolf: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

For me...I believe Section 84(10) will not stand in Court. We have had similar scenario before with S140 of the Electoral Act 2010.

Well let’s wait and see, it’s really going to be very interesting.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Peacecore: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2022
keentola:
A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”

If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.

Notable books I have in my library:

Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books

You can get these eBooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks in minutes.
I need a book
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by funshint(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2022
JubrinElSudan:
APC Sha! This was a normal thing under GEJ. Ministers(Emeka Wogu, Nyesom Wike etc) were resigning to contest Primary elections in their states and we even thought it was already in the electoral law, then APC came and people like Fayemi was still a minister while contesting for Ekiti primaries. Kudos to the NASS for not amending that section like Malami had wanted.
Fayemi resigned before contesting. Stop lying!

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

Eggzactly.

100%

Well,now that the nass has overwhelmingly vetoed it,I see malami using a proxy to go to court
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2022
funshint:

He is correct...You are not sure.

Fayemi won the Ekiti Guber Primaries on May 12 and resigned as Minister on May 30, 2018.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 10:50am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

He is correct...You are not sure.

Fayemi won the Ekiti Guber Primaries on May 12 and resigned as Minister on May 30, 2018.

.what did the court say when segun Oni sued
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:

Well,now that the nass has overwhelmingly vetoed it,I see malami using a proxy to go to court
That's what he will do and he will obtain a judgement.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by lampvoice: 10:58am On Mar 10, 2022
Thing is if the proposed amendment sent by Mr. President goes through DEMOCRACY is DEAD totally because 80% appointees of this government are from where? NORTH

Let's not deceive ourselves.. North owns politics as it is the only thing they know which is dirty � games..

South now enslaves itself begging for what is rightfully their's. South East begging to produce next president and some other ready to fight dirty �

Notwithstanding Nigeria as caved out by the so called colonial masters contain everyone so how come only a few from the North and from the south are wealthy despite the billions of dollars �

� It's all a games of divide and conquer but yet how do you explain this to a grown up child with voters card � who has been denied basic knowledge of his rights in exchange for tramol and Marijuana

See, there's serious draughts and I was discussing with a friend who asked what this year is going to be like and I said..

Bandits didn't let farmers go to farm last year, and remember Borno is yet to be settled thanks to boko haram.. Seeds � will be scarce as little harvested are sold for school fees and hospital bills

If there was peace globally perhaps they might receive international aids but no thanks to Putin, EU �� is going to be paying a lot for gas and have their people to save same is US and China is Happy business goes on in Africa.

Price of everything goes up and the people start to revolt. Then I said to my friends, this is where Nigeria �� starts to fail as Obama didn't predict the day it will become a failed nation he only pointed to the stating year 2015.

Lots of People they say came in from bordering countries, some were caught in trucks heading south, south still furious in the jungle tired of just taking drugs and keeping guns they want a game so they became bandits, hopefully they will use the railway back home through the north when it's completed.

We had this discussion weeks before Obasanjo said we might not have a Nigeria to Call recently I think on his birthday.

North is going to be over populated with foreigners flowing to South and marrying people's daughters as they are allowed to marry more so therefore more voters card than every other region combined..

Let's say by 2035 Nigeria will Totally be North because the real map is displaced Libya fighters, Mali Fighters, Sudanese fighters all want one thing.. To survive, and that's s where the ocean is..

Yes Banditry will go from rubbing poor farmers to taking ships, around 2049 When Same Children of this Elite already positioned to rule over the illiterate start importing exotics as they are taught though this time the Southners will be the Pirate (bandit)

Because no Minority will ever be President, and Majority will be North (Senegal, Mali, Niger, Chad, Turkey, Libya) settled in Nigeria

If you don't see it then you're really hungry now that price of food is high. So therefore I think the food supply of the enemy is cut down from Borno farmers to Zamfara to Taraba to Benue to Benin to Kwara to Ebonyi to etc

NO FEAR LASLAS THE YOUTH WILL BE FORCED TO RISE. MOTHERS WILL STOP FEEDING BOYS AND GIRLS OF AGE 14 AND ABOVE ESPECIALLY THE ONES NOT WORKING SOMETHING OUT BY HOOK OR BY CROOK.

EVERYBODY GO VEX, THEN IT WILL BE LIKE A CONSCIOUSNESS HIT NIGERIA WHERE ALL ROADS WILL BE BLOCKED TO STOP AND SEARCH FOR THE REAL BAD EGGS (POLITICIANS)

E GO REALLY BAD FROM HENCEFORTH IF THE REAL CHANGE DOESN'T BEGIN WITH YOU

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2022
garfield1:

.what did the court say when segun Oni sued
I just corrected his date. I don't think it was challenged.

A Minister or Commissioner is not a Staff of the Public Service of the Federation. The Court of Appeal affirmed that in Akoh Ameh Ojonye v Innocent Onu 2018

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Indispensable85(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:
garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 truthisunique2

What do you think about this Section 84(10):.....I don't think it can stand in Court.

The right to vote and be voted for as given by the constitution to any qualified citizen of Nigeria has been breached no doubt. Being an appointee of government is not one of the grounds upon which a citizen can be disqualified from the electoral process. However, I think it makes common sense for anybody holding any appointive office to just take a bow in good time if he/she is interested in any elective office to avoid distractions.
Surely, there'll be a lot of legal fireworks on this but the association of government appointees are seriously disadvantaged at this point already. Time is short!

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2022
Indispensable85:

The right to vote and be voted for as given by the constitution to any qualified citizen of Nigeria has been breached no doubt. Being an appointee of government is not one of the grounds upon which a citizen can be disqualified from the electoral process. However, I think it makes common sense for anybody holding any appointive office to just take a bow in good time if he/she is interested in any elective office to avoid distraction.
Surely, there'll be a lot of legal fireworks on this but the association of government appointees are seriously disadvantage at this point already. Time is short!
The idea is good but it there are some places that it conflicts with the Constitution.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by sammyscholar(m): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2022
JubrinElSudan:
APC Sha! This was a normal thing under GEJ. Ministers(Emeka Wogu, Nyesom Wike etc) were resigning to contest Primary elections in their states and we even thought it was already in the electoral law, then APC came and people like Fayemi was still a minister while contesting for Ekiti primaries. Kudos to the NASS for not amending that section like Malami had wanted.
Fayemi resigned his position has Minister before contesting for Governorship seat.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by ccollins(m): 11:09am On Mar 10, 2022
Hisbah21:
we are in Nigeria,they will by-pass the amendment bill and still contest, rig and nothing will happen. They are very greedy
we are in Nigeria does not mean that we are a barbaric jungle. Nigeria is a sovereign country governed by laws, set of norms and customs that influences a civilized culture from its indigenous people. Some top political stalwarts have gone to prison including but not limited to former governors I.e benue , plateau , abia state ex-governors. You better stop that your perverted stereotype and dystopian thoughts , Nigeria respect laws and applicable laws in Nigeria �� are superior to every authority n persons who are subject. We are a democratic nation with progressive ideals to enhance Nigeria in the promotion of the rule of law and not loutish rule of force. Law and order cannot be sacrificed for anyone in Nigeria so you better stop deceiving yourself that anything goes in Nigeria; u recently heard that super cop abba kyari is currently detained in ndlea office despite all his influence and contacts. Stop deceiving yourself .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Indispensable85(m): 11:09am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

The idea is good but it is tough.

Very very tough I swear. I just dey sympathize with some people already. I know some ministers have ambition. The national assembly drimble dem. See wahala.....lol...
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by SocialJustice: 11:09am On Mar 10, 2022
CyberWolf:
I’m not saying Osibanjo isn’t qualified to contest because personally, I like him and will like him to contest, I’m only trying to clarify that the clause 84 in the new electoral act has little or no use because the provisions of the constitution will always override that clause.
OK, I get your point.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2022
sammyscholar:
Fayemi resigned his position has Minister before contesting for Governorship seat.
Look @ his write-up
"people like Fayemi was still a minister while contesting for Ekiti primaries."
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by JubrinElSudan: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2022
sammyscholar:
Primary election na wetin I talk! If he had failed at the primaries he would have continued been a minister. Most GEJ ministers resigned before primaries and the ones who couldn't win the primaries didn't come back to their former ministerial positions

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by fergie001: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2022
Indispensable85:

Very very tough I swear. I just dey sympathize with some people already. I know some ministers have ambition. The national assembly drimble dem. See wahala.....lol...
One FHC Judge dey wait to make history...relax
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by JubrinElSudan: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2022
funshint:

Primary election na wetin I talk! If he had failed at the primaries he would have continued been a minister. Most GEJ ministers resigned before primaries and the ones who couldn't win the primaries didn't come back to their former ministerial positions
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Indispensable85(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

Hahahahahahahaha.......as usual.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by oshiokpu(m): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2022
This Chess play is becoming Really interesting.
Tinubu and his camp are actually really serious and smart. This will force the President to show his hand early. They need to know if he is for or against them and if against, they need to know who he is rooting for on time. Everyone interested in elective positions will now be forced to declare. This is smart play from Tinubu. We may need a Strategic Thinking President like Tinubu afterall!.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

I just corrected his date. I don't think it was challenged.

A Minister or Commissioner is not a Staff of the Public Service of the Federation. The Court of Appeal affirmed that in Akoh Ameh Ojonye v Innocent Onu 2018

Oni took him to court na
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 11:26am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

That's what he will do and he will obtain a judgement.

True..you can see how quiet his camp he is.he is surely going for kebbi gov and cannot end His career this way.senator aliero cannot have his way.amechi will be supporting
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by garfield1: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

Not any.it will take ekwo,abang or taiwo.it seems umahi has obtained a stay order.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Tonytonex(m): 11:29am On Mar 10, 2022
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by guychidile: 11:29am On Mar 10, 2022
Are u sure.
Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by klas(m): 11:29am On Mar 10, 2022
fergie001:

It won't sail.
The Governors will kill it at the House of Assembly stage. The Governors use the appointees method to win primaries to install their Senators and punish any "errant" Abuja representative.

Infact, even from the NA it will fail.

Electoral Bill is not a constitutional amendment bill that needs approval of the state houses of assembly.

The Bill has become an Act upon presidential assent and there is nothing any state Governor can do about it except challenging it in court.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: Malami, Amaechi Barred From APC Primaries by Nfora: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2022
wirinet:

If political appointed officers are to resign before seeking elections, why not the elected officers also. The senators, House members, governors and president should also resign so as not to have undue advantage. After all what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

All these can be solved by direct primaries.

It is always good to consider common sense before vomiting rubbish comments.

Elective offices have constitutionally specified and guaranteed tenor, unlike political appointments ,that do not require any legal stress to appoint or hire anybody.

Does it make sense to you for all governors and legislators to resign now because of 2023 elections?

If a governor or legislator resigns, who takes over?

Indeed,common sense is not common undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Lekki-Eleko-Epe Concrete Road Under Construction / Saraki Rejoices As Court Of Appeal Upheld His Election / Ambode Constructing Flyover And Bridge Ramp At Agege-Pen Cinema (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.