Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,503 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42590 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Hathor5(f): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2022
Acidosis:

Chelsea is headquartered in Russia? Oligarchies are present in nearly all the countries in the world, including America.

Even Dangote is one in Nigeria. Still not a reason to shut down Dangote Cement across African countries because Buhari has issues with Biafra.

If the so called Oligarchy is bad (or enough to witch hunt individuals) what do we call the UK's monarchy system where a particular family has sworn to rule the country forever??

You asked what Abramovich business with Putin is and I told you to check the meaning of oligarchy/oligarch. A business tycoon like Dangote or Bill Gates is not the same as an oligarch. So I ask you again to check the meaning of oligarchy/oligarch.

After that we can discuss if targeting oligarchs is effective or not but that's a different matter than saying that an individual's human rights are being violated here. Abramovich is not just some individual/private person, neither is he just a rich businessman. He is an oligarch with close ties to the Kremlin, allegedly.

The UK is a constitutional monarchy. The Queen does not hold any political power. Let's not compare apples and oranges.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bbbwings: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2022
Hathor5:

Check the meaning of oligarchy.
Any Russian or slavic businessman is an oligarch.
It is a term used by westerners to conjure images of corruption and shady dealings.
Zuckerberg bill gates and buffet are oligarchs.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Acidosis(m): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hathor5:

You asked what Abramovich business with Putin is and I told you to check the meaning of oligarchy/oligarch. A business tycoon like Dangote or Bill Gates is not the same as an oligarch. So I ask you again to check the meaning of oligarchy/oligarch.

After that we can discuss if targeting oligarchs is effective or not but that's a different matter than saying that an individual's human rights are being violated here. Abramovich is not just some individual/private person, neither is he just a rich businessman. He is an oligarch with close ties to the Kremlin, allegedly.

The UK is a constitutional monarchy. The Queen does not hold any political power. Let's not compare apples and oranges.

All forms of government, including democracies, theocracies, and monarchies can be controlled by an oligarchy.

Oligarchy is yet another western terminology to create conjectures and false representations.

I don't have to read a textbook written by an English author to know what oligarchy represents. But as far as I know (I may be wrong), Dangote (whom you said he's not an oligarch), holds more power and influence on the Nigerian government than Abramovich in Russia.

The power and influence of the Queen (whom you also said holds no political power) over the British PM and the entire Brits outweighs the influence of any Russian Oligarch over Putin.

Oligarchy is 1,000 times better than Monarchy.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Hathor5(f): 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
Bbbwings:

Any Russian or slavic businessman is an oligarch.
It is a term used by westerners to conjure images of corruption and shady dealings.
Zuckerberg bill gates and buffet are oligarchs.

Nonsense.

The term was used as early as in the 16th century or earlier.

Zuckerberg and Bill Gates aren't ruling the US neither have they ever held any political office.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Hathor5(f): 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Acidosis:

All forms of government, including democracies, theocracies, and monarchies can be controlled by an oligarchy.

Wrong. Oligarchy is the rule of the few, democracy is the opposite.

Oligarchy is yet another western terminology to create conjectures and false representations.

The term was used as early as in the 16th century or earlier. Democracy, theocracy, monarchy are all western terminology. Yet you use them.

I don't have to read a textbook written by an English author to know what oligarchy represents. But as far as I know (I may be wrong), Dangote (whom you said he's not an oligarch), holds more power and influence on the Nigerian government than Abramovich in Russia.

Explain please.

The power and influence of the Queen (whom you also said holds no political power) over the British PM and the entire Brits outweighs the influence of any Russian Oligarch over Putin.

Certainly not.

Oligarchy is 1,000 times better than Monarchy.

Britain is a democracy with a constitutional monarchy.

And the statement above is your baseless opinion since you didn't care to give any reasons.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bbbwings: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hathor5:

Nonsense.

The term was used as early as in the 16th century or earlier.

Zuckerberg and Bill Gates aren't ruling the US neither have they ever held any political office.
They control a buisness section of the country.
Even much so that their superpacs constitutes a considerable influence on who gets elected in yhe US .
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Hathor5(f): 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
Bbbwings:

They control a buisness section of the country.
Even much so that their superpacs constitutes a considerable influence on who gets elected in yhe US .

I see your point but there is no comparison between the US form of government and the Russian. How long has Putin been in power with the help of Abramovich?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bbbwings: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hathor5:

I see your point but there is no comparison between the US form of government and the Russian. How long has Putin been in power with the help of Abramovich?
You really think Putin is in power because of Abrahamovich?
Abrahamovich is just one of the litters of billionaires in Russia.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Hathor5(f): 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bbbwings:

You really think Putin is in power because of Abrahamovich?
Abrahamovich is just one of the litters of billionaires in Russia.

Not because of but with his support.
Abrahamovich is not just a billionaire, he used to be a governor too.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
princeeze1:

Sorry, they are already working on that. In foreign relations between great nations, sanctions are always tit for tat. Western foreign cooperations have more to lose, as for future investments, I believe they both intend to diversify from one another, because Russia likewise the west will never count on the other.

Like I said bri, Russia can't afford that

https://www.nairaland.com/7026803/potanin-putin-dont-take-us
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by maasoap(m): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Chelsea will remain and the staff will continue to do their jobs.

Lol. For how long? You didn't see the part that says Abramovich had been pumping money into the team?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / Fateema Ganduje And Ajibola Ajimobi Are A Non-virtuous Couple – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.