Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,753 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42656 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by seunayantokun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
He is one of those supporting Putin, according to the UK government. You've got to be heatless to support Putin as he shows no regard for humanity.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Na una likes be US and UK. Always trying to impose your stupidity and selfish acts on others . Oga if to say we see physically ni. I fit head-boot you or make I plank that your dull head make you land for hospital �. Dirty unfortunate scumbag.

neuf:

Your stupidity is alarming. You should take a moment and think how your future generations will disappointed when they see how uninformed and dumb you were on a public forum
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by skywalker240(m): 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

An individual who happens to be an oligarch. If yachts and homes owned by oligarchs are being seized then a football club is fair game.

The team won’t be affected by the shift in ownership.
It will affect the team greatly
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
Zane2point4:

Well i see russia loosing out in either turn of events’
Blc ,if the capture kyiev, the crippling sanctions still holds and they’ll be forced to come to the negotiating table and the west wont still take ukrainian neutrality imposed by russia as an option,this is a democratic sovereign nation we’re talking and free to do as it likes’

This will turn to guerrilla warefare or war of attrition which will finally wear russia down and they’ll pack up and leave just like in afghanistan’
This is the double standard we are talking about. They claim to be the example of democracy, so why would they send a sitting congress man to go and meddle on the affairs of an independent nation against an ELECTED PRESIDENT ? why ?
As for the sanctions, it goes both ways. The West are already feeling the heat as well. If Russia decides not to sell energy to Germany and France, that protest they are wishing and hoping it will happen in Moscow, to see to the end of putin regime or collapse of russia nation, might even happen first in Germany and france

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Danking1: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
peppermint7:

You de Nigerian de back Dem. Why not go to Ukraine and say it
Make Dem nack you shot
keep quiet my friend u know absolutely nothing
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Juventus4life: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
The funniest thing is Russia will not still back down. Who gave USA World Power ? They found Earth ? I back Russia with full force.

A lot of things have not been put to check since the beginning of civilization. Common we are all humans, no one should be greater than one. USA knows how to intimidate people ehn, I’m pretty sure they’re the Romans of those days.

Don’t forget that USA and UK are birds of the same feathers.

Making some humans as kings and some as slaves. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

No one owns natural resources and it should be shared evenly and equally among every citizens of planet Earth be it born or yet to be.

May God Hear Our Positive Prayers. So Be It.

The west and USA gave birth to Hitler because of their supremacy over others and Hitler cannot tolerate that.
These people are the one piloting the affairs of this world I don't know who gave them that power.
If America really need military alliance the should do it with their neighbors in their continent so they order to defend their territories and their citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
People easily say what they would do if they are in a position. It shows that you and your generations are unfortunate generational slaves whom if they give UK or USA visa to would lick the butt of a monkey for them.

May My Generations never meet yours . So Be It. Amen

Rahkman:
grin
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Betterlife24(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Please don't do anything to disrupt the love of my life o, which is chelsea....I won't take it likely with the west if any bad thing should happen to my club.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Beedude(m): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
ojesymsym:
These are really interesting times, opportunity to learn more about world politics.
It means no matter your disagreement with your home country, all it takes is for one foreign policy to remind you that your host nation is not your home country.
Thats why they say, NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
If them say make every non-lagosian to commot lagos, so many people will commit suicide.
I wonder how people invest all their fortune in Lagos and neglect their state or home town.
Dangote is busy devloping other states with his business but nothing in Kano state.
It is very risky and will never thread such path
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
You get it Bro. I applaud

Juventus4life:

The west and USA gave birth to Hitler because of their supremacy over others and Hitler cannot tolerate that.
These people are the one piloting the affairs of this world I don't know who gave them that power.
If America really need military alliance the should do it with their neighbors in their continent so they order to defend their territories and their citizens.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Rahkman: 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
People easily say what they would do if they are in a position. It shows that you and your generations are unfortunate generational slaves whom if they give UK or USA visa to would lick the butt of a monkey for them.

May My Generations never meet yours . So Be It. Amen

grin

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by peppermint7(m): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
Danking1:
keep quiet my friend u know absolutely nothing
Stop capping sir
You de talk rubbish
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by vinboss: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
As much as i love Abramovich, from all that's happening, i can only conclude that he has been a Russian spy all these while.
Russia has the best intelligence unit in the world and not everything can be reveal on social media
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
neuf:

why you dey take panadol for another person headache?
Are you British Petroleum?
Are you Airbus?
Are you Boeing?

So those people don't know where and where their assets are before taking whatever action they like. It's only you that know
You that is drinking alomo bitter over Ukraine. Are you Ukrainian? Because you want to sound socially correct. It is a forum for goodness sake . A public discourse, we all contribute. If you have nothing important or intellectual to contribute, you keep mute. And yes, my insinuations were very correct!!!

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Banhammy717: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
No place be like home.
This serve as a lesson to those who invest much in foreign land.

Invest in your own state
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by TempleHouse: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
yahwehpickin:

Wow we shall watch no such thing..... This is cruel..... You are a cruel soul... Too bad for you
You don't have to place a curse !
This is a reality...!
No more Russian ''Oyel'' to fund the overrated Chelsea FC.
Chelsea is operating with no profit motive but to showcase Abramovich ego.
The blood of innocent Ukranians are in his hands as an accomplice to Satanic Putin !
Chelsea belongs to lower league in English tradition until blood money arrived in 2003 and so be it.!
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by juman(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
He is still the owner, they keep it for him.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Padipadi: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.
United Kingdom the wicked Government!

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during
slave trades, the Russians never came to Africa to take your
ancestors as slave and steal your resources, it’s the same
westerners and the US whom y’all drumming support for, despite
their atrocities committed against mankind right from the
beginning of our existence, countless times the west and US has
invaded countries like Libya, Yemen, Cuba Afghanistan Iraq Etc
yet nobody have thought about it but y’all criticizing Russia for
invading Ukraine, please emancipate yourselves from mental
slavery and media propaganda of the westerners they’ve been
lying to you and messing with your brain with media propaganda.
Thanks Chelsea fan & mental slavery agitator.
Those that commited slave trade and dead & buried. Will we exhume their bones & try them in courts?
The present west supports humanity. Yes there are racists among them but we v seen more positives from them.
As for the seizure of Chelsea, I don't support that.
But I dislike what Putin is doing with Ukraine.
Putin ll sufeer on earth before hell.
And to all his sympathisers too
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

Slaves.. What a funny world.. What an irony that the same Russia you are backing arrested people for protesting.. While in the west protesting is a civil right..
I prefer to be a slave for democracy and fairness..and the rule of law.. ..
Putin a strong man ruling a county were citizens have no right..a country were a few people are ruling.
Better to be a slave for democracy than a brainwash puppet of authoritarian regime and communism
Which west are people allowed to protest? See yourself. If I call you CNN addict now it will be like another thing. Is it same US where Jan 6 2021 protester are still being prosecuted? What about Canada that had to institute an executive order to quash and arrest protesters. Stop nonsense jare
You claim people have right in the western world, what happened to the right of Chelsea owner? What happened to the right of Russians who are being targeted and arrested on trumped up charges.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by yahwehpickin(m): 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
TempleHouse:

You don't have to place a curse !
This is a reality...!
No more Russian ''Oyel'' to fund the overrated Chelsea FC.
Chelsea is operating with no profit motive but to showcase Abramovich ego.
The blood of innocent Ukranians are in his hands as an accomplice to Satanic Putin !
Chelsea belongs to lower league in English tradition until blood money arrived in 2003 and so be it.!

E go shock you � Chelsea will still do well this year
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by hayzed19(m): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
Double Standard.
Saudis who are financing a war in Yemen can be allowed to buy Newcastle cos they are allies
The West is a bunch of hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by goaldigger212: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Freezing Abramovich account and placing sanction on him as chelsea owner makes no sense. Roman Abramovich should not be sanctioned by UK.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by ajl: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
UK government freeze a British football club, Nigerians are out crying. What kind of mentally sick people are these? You no get your own clubs in your country. Na so so follow follow, you follow others come this world?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by KingOKON: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during

Listen and listen very well, a toad is better than and far intelligent than you
Your Africans brothers and sisters that are crossing the deserts to Libya in order to cross over to Europe via canoes is that not self slavery?
The women prostituting world over is that not self slavery?

Isn't it worse than the one your grandfather kidnapped their brothers, sisters, kinsmen and sold them off to slavery many years ago?

Ask yourself, why did your Chiefs and ancestors sold their people to slavery for ordinary lace materials, mirrors when no European forced them into?

Why didn't your useless ancestors know that selling their brothers was terrible, why didn't the Asians, Arabs sold their people to the Europeans?

Yet you blame the Europeans who also had to fight your chiefs like Jaja of Opobo, Oba Dosunmu and co to end slavery

Do you have any ideas the Numbers of non-Russians ethnic group in Russia and how the Russians have killed them by starvation, deportation and by guns?

What do you know of the Former Soviets union and since the arrivals of the Rus people into present Russia, do you know what is Russiafication of Russia by the ethnic Rus?

Do you know the Ukrainians are older than the Rus people in that territory?
Do you know what they have been suffering for years just like the the now Estonia Latvia Georgia Finland and others do you know people like the Tatars, Chechnyas, and others want their kingdom from the oppressive and domineering Russians.

Read more about Russians and know the manner of slavery they have done to non-Russians, your Africans going over there means nothing to them but the indigenous people of that vast country will tell you how they have suffered for ages, slavery that your fathers did dem still de learn work for Russian.

Anybody supporting Putin is either an ignoramus or a confirmed demon and finally don't use slavery as an useless excuse, all Africans need to apologize to Africans in the diaspora for the crime their fathers committed against their fellows Africans

Cowards that sold their people for peanuts
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by toxtimmy: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Na today you find out?... i am sure you may have realised all the western countries spear heading this against russian people (note - not russian government) are the same countries that used black people as slaves... Let that sink in and hopefully you can start finding the pattern.

SarkinYarki:
There is no justice in the west .it's all a ruse ..
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by jrusky(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

Modified..

Mr man leave slave trade matter the wold had move on. Keep your emotional blabla to yourself it hold no ground. So because the fucking bitch West did slavery that is the reason Putin should invade someone country and no one should check him and his gang baa?

Abeg waka one side plsss.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by hayzed19(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Why not sanction and seize the assets of Sheikh Mansour, the owner of Manchester City too, who is also the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, given that the UAE is also sponsoring war that's killing civilians in Yemen.
They cant do that since UAE and UK are allies.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by ttmacoy: 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
The team will be affected in the interim as the freeze may prevent the sale, and the club has been banned from selling tickets, buying players etc. How long this situation goes on for will determine if the impact will be short, medium or long term.

1stGenAmerican:

An individual who happens to be an oligarch. If yachts and homes owned by oligarchs are being seized then a football club is fair game.

The team won’t be affected by the shift in ownership.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Sadr: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
obedience4:

Slaves.. What a funny world.. What an irony that the same Russia you are backing arrested people for protesting.. While in the west protesting is a civil right..
I prefer to be a slave for democracy and fairness..and the rule of law.. ..
Putin a strong man ruling a county were citizens have no right..a country were a few people are ruling.
Better to be a slave for democracy than a brainwash puppet of authoritarian regime and communism

If protesting is a civil right even when national security is at stake, then the Trump supporters that besieged the White House to protest shouldn't have been arrested and prosecuted.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by tctrills: 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Do you not think that these sanctions will cut off funding to Russia’s so-called army? How will a financially crippled country sustain a war?
Chelsea is a private business. Chelsea does not contribute to sustaining the war. Seizing private businesses would not stop the world by a day.
How are we better than Putin if we support seizing others' properties just because they are Putin's friends.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by obedience4(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Sadr:

If protesting is a civil right even when national security is at stake, then the Trump supporters that besieged the White House to protest shouldn't have been arrested and prosecuted.

Protesting is one thing but attcking and besiege the Capitol the center of america democary and entering a government building destroying government artifact is a different thing

The black life matters movement that shook the world.did you hear a black protester was killed even when some of them became violent
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Bollinga: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is highest order of wickedness.. Is he a politician in Russia. These people are wicked

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Ibadan. One Person Feared Dead / Photos Of Femi Fani-Kayode After Court Today / Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.