Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government (42657 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / The Men Who Helped Abacha Launder $23 Million Recently Recovered By UK / ‘£117m Properties Linked To Ibori' In UK To Be Seized By UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by KangaIye: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is Serious.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Okoroawusa: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
The UK government are criminals
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Zane2point4(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

Bro, go and read the politics of Ukraine and how Yanukovych was over thrown by us sponsored protest. Senator John mccain left his country to come and openely incite the people of ukraine against an elected president and you want me to believe that us is not behind there effort to join nato and subsequently share border with russia, so they can fight and they always do

We’re on the same page’

But in this 21st century armies shld be used purely as defense, not attack, russia wasnt in any threat and they’re world power capable of protecting itsef,they could hv look for a way to change ukrainian govt by sanction or deplomacy the era of killing a full grown man ,brother, cousin,sister,son is long gone and russia is bearing the heat too’
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
Human rights in the mud. Another western ideology in the mud. The level of hypocrisy in the world is alarming. What's this man's business with Putin? Why would you seize another man's investments because of his country of origin? Chelsea isn't a typical MNE but a UK based organization with no connection whatsoever with Putin or Russia. This is hypocrisy and dictatorship taken too far.

I expect the World Bank "Doing Business" to, as a matter of urgency, placed the UK as one of the world's most difficult place to start a business.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.
United Kingdom the wicked Government!

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during
slave trades, the Russians never came to Africa to take your
ancestors as slave and steal your resources, it’s the same
westerners and the US whom y’all drumming support for, despite
their atrocities committed against mankind right from the
beginning of our existence, countless times the west and US has
invaded countries like Libya, Yemen, Cuba Afghanistan Iraq Etc
yet nobody have thought about it but y’all criticizing Russia for
invading Ukraine, please emancipate yourselves from mental
slavery and media propaganda of the westerners they’ve been
lying to you and messing with your brain with media propaganda.
Nations always use laws to fight during wars, national emergency laws, wartime laws etc.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Okoroawusa: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Please British should not think of that, this is a private business own by an individual.
Chelsea is not owned by Russian Government, is owned by an individual Roman Abramovich who is not Vern a member of the Russian Government.

Modified..
As a Nigerian you’re supporting the west at this modern age where we have technologies to unravel what really transpired during
I wish I could like your post a thousand times
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
useni1:
I can feed you girl. In fact I am feeding three slay queens in ATL presently. They are my baby mamas. ATL girls can beg. Please send me money for my hair, phone, buy me this, buy me that. Yes I am a Russian and presently in China. illiteracy is something I pride myself with, I am the only person who didn't go to school in my family and yet they all call me for info and advice. The most dangerous man is someone who hate school but seek knowledge. While the most foolish man is someone who goes to school and think he is wise.

Unfortunately, you aren’t worthy of feeding me. Enjoy tricking.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
princeeze1:

Stop bandying words you don’t know what they mean simply because you want to sound correct. The sanctions text NEVER said the investments were from stolen wealth like you earlier insinuated. And oligarchy refers to a person of wealth and influence, not a thief. As for foreign policy, it will always be a tit for tat. What the UK did is robbery of private investments and it will boomerang as their cooperate entities have superior investments in Russia.

So one definition found on the Internet and you’re well-versed in all aspects of oligarchy?
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by nairaman66(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
tarantino1:

Say what you know and shut me up then

Do a bit of search on google!
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
greatness77:
russian nukes are more devastating dan theirs

You guys said the same thing about the Russian army that is now sending hungry, untrained farmers into battle.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

So one definition found on the Internet and you’re well-versed in all aspects of oligarchy?
Yes, prove otherwise if you can! There are many definitions, show one where oligarchy has to do with a thief. You felt oligarchy had to do with theft and stolen wealth. Please it’s not. It’s just a wealthy title. And still on the topic, the UK did not steal their investments due to source of wealth, but an attempt to spite Putin’s inner circle.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by yahwehpickin(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
Russia should also sieze BP investment in Russia is around 20 bn pounds and also refuse to pay the 14 pounds loans invested in the north stream 2 pipe line .

Putin will definitely get back at those who are placing sanctions
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by DeLenity(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
donforeign:
Lol cheesy this is not funny anymore
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by VIKTO83(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
How come u vulcanizers and agberos are suddenly feeling d heat because ur corrupt owner is sanctioned?
It's same way ur abokis kill the Igbos up north when a trailer of Onion is vandalized in d South.
Why do u and ur sponsors do That? Because u want to put pressure on the Southerners.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Acidosis(m): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Northernblood5:
Its for his good. When Putin get sense, it will be released and his Assets will be released and no pressure will be on him to sell Chelsea anymore. The goal is not to witch hunt him but to restrict any means through which Putin can get his hands on Dollar or Euro. He must eat his Rubles.

Chelsea pays tax to Putin? Your sense never ripe oga.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Great0ne1: 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Zane2point4:

We’re on the same page’

But in this 21st century armies shld be used purely as defense, not attack, russia wasnt in any threat and they’re world power capable of protecting itsef,they could hv look for a way to change ukrainian govt by sanction or deplomacy the era of killing a full grown man ,brother, cousin,sister,son is long gone and russia is bearing the heat too’
You do have a point though. But we might not really be privy to as much information as people in power. But they might have tried since 2014, but this is existentiality threat(that is how Moscow see it). Russia has history of been invaded by nazi Germany, which was made possible because of the border they shared with Germany, after Poland fell to nazi war machine.
Given there history, if the western allies are genuely interested in peace, they would understand Moscows fear of sharing border with a mortal enemy. Remember there was warsaw pact, meant to counter nato. Dissolved, after promise that nato would never expand eastward. So why did they break the promise and continously try to provoke Russia ?
Just recently, about 30 biolab developing bioweapon, was discovered by Russian armies in Ukraine and they were funded by us government. You see, some of these threats must have pushed putin to invade Ukraine and this also explains why Russia targeted mainly there nuclear sites like chernobyl. They can't afford to have us lead nato around them
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by yahwehpickin(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
TempleHouse:
THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF CHELSEA FC IN THE MAINSTREAM OF ELITE CLUBS

WE SHALL WATCH CHELSEA FC IN LOWER LEAGUES IN FEW YEARS TIME !

GOOD FOR EVERYONE !!!

Wow we shall watch no such thing..... This is cruel..... You are a cruel soul... Too bad for you

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by nuland(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good Move!
Mr Putin and his friends should invest their loots in Russia.
If they won't prevail on him to listen to the West and stop the senseless invasion of Ukraine then it's morally wrong for them to benefit from any investments they have in the West.
They should be his friend through thick and thin, after all Putin Made Roman, Alisher and co.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Russia would be stupid to do that, they need Western investment more than the West needs oligarchs, besides these are temporary seizures, to be returned upon normalisation of relations. Whatever Russia Nationalise from a Western company, they will need to pay compensation for at any point in the future when they return to normal relationship with the International Community, otherwise they will never see a cent of investment again nor be allowed back in the comity of Nations
Sorry, they are already working on that. In foreign relations between great nations, sanctions are always tit for tat. Western foreign cooperations have more to lose, as for future investments, I believe they both intend to diversify from one another, because Russia likewise the west will never count on the other.

1 Share

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Positivepoint(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Northernblood5:
Its for his good. When Putin get sense, it will be released and his Assets will be released and no pressure will be on him to sell Chelsea anymore. The goal is not to witch hunt him but to restrict any means through which Putin can get his hands on Dollar or Euro. He must eat his Rubles.

Well u be the right to express ur views but if u look at it critically u will see who the enemies are. Putin is try to liberate the world from western globalization slavery and Petro dollar manipulation.

This is the birth of a new world order where the dollar, united nations, WTO, IMF etc will not dictate how u survive and behave in ur own country also how u utilize ur natural resources.

The world needs to support Russia at this time.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
The funniest thing is Russia will not still back down. Who gave USA World Power ? They found Earth ? I back Russia with full force.

A lot of things have not been put to check since the beginning of civilization. Common we are all humans, no one should be greater than one. USA knows how to intimidate people ehn, I’m pretty sure they’re the Romans of those days.

Don’t forget that USA and UK are birds of the same feathers.

Making some humans as kings and some as slaves. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

No one owns natural resources and it should be shared evenly and equally among every citizens of planet Earth be it born or yet to be.

May God Hear Our Positive Prayers. So Be It.

Amen.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by profmallor: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
Better they seize it than he sells it, this shall pass and Mr Roman - Our loved owner would be back at the helms of Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Panda7(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
they should sale it to the london state govt. abi there is a ghanian gold mine billionaire who is ready to pay.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Iko5000: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
same way China is doing the same thing in Africa with different methods but our eyes are closed to this becuase it always the white man fault but not us blacks.
ManirBK:

Modified..
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Zane2point4(m): 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

You do have a point though. But we might not really be privy to as much information as people in power. But they might have tried since 2014, but this is existentiality threat(that is how Moscow see it). Russia has history of been invaded by nazi Germany, which was made possible because of the border they shared with Germany, after Poland fell to nazi war machine.
Given there history, if the western allies are genuely interested in peace, they would understand Moscows fear of sharing border with a mortal enemy. Remember there was warsaw pact, meant to counter nato. Dissolved, after promise that nato would never expand eastward. So why did they break the promise and continously try to provoke Russia ?
Just recently, about 30 biolab developing bioweapon, was discovered by Russian armies in Ukraine and they were funded by us government. You see, some of these threats must have pushed putin to invade Ukraine and this also explains why Russia targeted mainly there nuclear sites like chernobyl. They can't afford to have us lead nato around them

Well i see russia loosing out in either turn of events’
Blc ,if the capture kyiev, the crippling sanctions still holds and they’ll be forced to come to the negotiating table and the west wont still take ukrainian neutrality imposed by russia as an option,this is a democratic sovereign nation we’re talking and free to do as it likes’

This will turn to guerrilla warefare or war of attrition which will finally wear russia down and they’ll pack up and leave just like in afghanistan’
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Codes151(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Na their plan since. Na just opportunity them no been get

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
I further learnt this afternoon that the only permanent thing is individual interest. Nothing more. Other individuals that their only sin was the fact that they are Russian citizens and not oligarchs suffered tremendous loses cross the business and sporting world, we said nothing .

But because our dear Chelsea FC is affected, we are going hay wire. We should be calming down. None is more hurt than me right now, but I am calming down.

#KTBFFH
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
princeeze1:

Sorry, they are already working on that. In foreign relations between great nations, sanctions are always tit for tat. Western foreign cooperations have more to lose, as for future investments, I believe they both intend to diversify from one another, because Russia likewise the west will never count on the other.

I didn't say they can't. I said they will be stupid to. Russia's future economic prospects lie in integration with the West, not alienation from it. They tried that before and collapsed. China is not a consumer economy. The West is. You want to sell to Consumers, not producers.
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Rahkman: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
The funniest thing is Russia will not still back down. Who gave USA World Power ? They found Earth ? I back Russia with full force.

A lot of things have not been put to check since the beginning of civilization. Common we are all humans, no one should be greater than one. USA knows how to intimidate people ehn, I’m pretty sure they’re the Romans of those days.

Don’t forget that USA and UK are birds of the same feathers.

Making some humans as kings and some as slaves. Is that how it is supposed to be ?

No one owns natural resources and it should be shared evenly and equally among every citizens of planet Earth be it born or yet to be.

May God Hear Our Positive Prayers. So Be It.
sharap there like say if dem dash u uk or us visa make u go dey wash latrine u no go rush am undecided
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
Na you and your generation go wash latrine for una mates. So be it. Amen

Rahkman:
sharap there like say if dem dash u uk or us visa make u go dey wash latrine u no go rush am undecided
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Danking1: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=obembet post=110912492]Agbero club[/quote
You just comment without brain I really pity the idiot who gave birth to a nonentity
Re: Chelsea Seized As Abramovich Is Sanctioned By UK Government by Rahkman: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
callme9mm:
Na you and your generation go wash latrine for una mates. So be it. Amen

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. / Aregbesola & His Wife Bow For Alaafin Of Oyo At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Boko Haram Captures Military Items From Soldiers In Borno - Terror Monitor (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.