Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos (49301 Views)

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? / Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by emmy512: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hope you find your car intact with its cat and battery
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by 9japarts: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
adonainana:

You are right about some things you’ve said you are also wrong in some places

You are right about all car having trackers installed

But you are wrong about only Assasins and kidnappers using jamming devices, anyone can use it

There are anti anti jamming devices meaning they interfere with the signal of the original anti jamming devices

One I know uses a GPS GNSS device, so Completely blocks any ghz within that area

These devices knock off all signals just like when network goes off your phone when you put your phone on dnd

You are right that you can have an anti jamming device which immobilizes the car from starting when it interprets interfence but once the car has been stolen that can be electronically traced and removed because it is still emitting a signal,

Common Metal detectors can indicate where signal is still coming from from any place when the car is whether car or is in motion

So I think you are contradicting yourself on some parts you said yes there are anti jamming devices but you will also by mistake jam the GPS tracker too

Just pray no professional thief has has time to steal your car cos by the time you know it your car will be showing Lagos on your computer at home but it’s on anambra by then

Anti Jammers do not jam gps signals, they only jam jamming devices.

That said, we have over 400 vehicles with active live monitoring on our platform. Recovered 3 stolen vehicles in the last two months, one in Uyo, another in Anambra, and another here in Lagos. All reported stolen vehicles were recovered. Car theft has spiked lately.

This would have been impossible if trackers were not installed on the stolen vehicles.

I am talking practicals, not theory.

And for professional thieves, once a professional knows there is a tracker installed, they will rather not steal it.

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by emmy512: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2022
Saxxon:
what's the difference between hybrid and regular cars

Hybrid uses normal engine and electric motor while normal cars use only petrol or diesel engine.

Hybrid is fuel efficient, sometimes it'll use fuel sometime electric.
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Carparts888(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
hybrid is a mix of battery electric energy and petrol engine which makes it complex and unique from our regular petrol engine and even diesel engine.
Saxxon:
what's the difference between hybrid and regular cars
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Matthew2925(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
Cokahot:
How many ppl go get time dey check plate number of every blue muscle for naija Road,when the person wey dey your front,no sure if he go suddenly step on brakes while on medium speed. Forget that muscle bro,if no tracker,just forget it. If any tracker donbdey disable,pray make the thief no use towing rope ,tow am. Last but not least,it would have been disassembled by now and parts already racing to ladipo for immediate sales. Good luck. Na npf u go play with,and e sure say them go milk u dry.
That's your opinion. You are entitled to it.
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by 9japarts: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
jaxxy:

I didn’t say it’s a bad car bt most Nigerians don’t understand it so they will avoid it only few Nigerians understand it or are willing to take the risk of a used hybrid car. Even a Toks can give u issues if u don’t confirm it well.

The good mechanics for it are few.

That is true. Generally, all cars give issues when you don't do due diligence.

You might find this hard to believe, hybrids have less breakdowns, than others.
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Resurgent2016: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Your car is unique, and will be found.

Thief must be really desperate to steal a hybrid

JTNBB46K973022389

Enlighten the lay men.
Why is hybrid "less stealable"
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lol..the thing dey funny me as dem dey talk who steals a hybrid.you think day na must to sell car as a unit,what happens to its parts.headlights,rearlights,doors,side mirrors,chairs..e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lol..the thing dey funny me as dem dey talk who steals a hybrid.you think day na must to sell car as a unit,what happens to its parts.headlights,rearlights,doors,side mirrors,chairs..e.t.c.For anything that can be stolen ,there is a ready and waiting buyer
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by wacoj(m): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
The day I bought my car, I installed tracker immediately before leaving the location.
All this kind story dey pain me for belle.

I gave my mechanic my car to fix one day, as soon as he dropped me off, I put on the tracker and started monitoring his movement,
I was even listening to his conversation while he was driving. He was shocked when I asked him later why he was driving and discussing on the phone.

Tracker is very good and cheap!

15 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by southernbelle(f): 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
So sorry. Please try to get the guy's fuĺl name, address, and phone number from his colleagues so that he can be investigated; if possible, you can try to track his phone.
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Cruziero75: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hahahaha, be calming down nah

eherbal:
Idiot doesn't probably know what he stole. Car will be rejected and parked somewhere angrily. Color is a turn off too. Pls let's know if recovered. I'm guessing between today to Sunday grin
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Saxxon(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
emmy512:

Hybrid uses normal engine and electric motor while normal cars use only petrol or diesel engine.

Hybrid is fuel efficient, sometimes it'll use fuel sometime electric.
Thanks bro. So what makes it difficult to steal
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Saxxon(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
Carparts888:
hybrid is a mix of battery electric energy and petrol engine which makes it complex and unique from our regular petrol engine and even diesel engine.
Thanks bro, so what makes it difficult to steal?
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Alldrinksin9ja: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
The cash was where that Alhaja sells provision? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Me no dey leave my motor for any car wash o

May it be found kiakia o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Sammy101111(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
I doubt if they can sell the car easily it hybrid car it need perfect maintenance. Because of the wiring issues people run from hybride .
Without the hybrid battery the car can't move .
The hybrid car battery cost almost 300k for tokunbo not new one

Just pray oh they don't sell the car part ..

That your camry car part will cost more than 1.5 million if they remove the part

Just pray oh

You should have tracker

Now go to police station make sure you give them money tell them to radio all the police Department in Nigeria about your car so if they see it them go stop am ..

And also go to ladipo or jankara market sharp and hang around there na there them they butcher car for day and night non stop

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by afesco: 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
AmALeo:
Good morning everyone.
My car was stolen yesterday (Thursday 10th of March 2022)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Color: Blue
VIN: JTNBB46K973022389
Name of Owner: Oluwasuyi Oluwafemi Dare
Reg number: Lagos State JJJ612GT

The car was stolen by one of the staffs at a car wash around Mobil Filling Station Abijo (along Lekki-Epe Expressway and close to Destiny Homes Estate Abijo). This happened in the evening.
Pls anywhere you see this car, pls notify either of these numbers: 0908 880 9007 or 0806 034 1691 or the nearest police station.

Thank you
Do u have a tracker installed in ur car?
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by t2luv1: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Your car is unique, and will be found.

Thief must be really desperate to steal a hybrid

JTNBB46K973022389

Dang partner you read my mind. HYBRID !!!! and Japan made too "JT" which means replacement cells will need to come from Japan. Next time one buy an hybrid Toyota make sure Vin starts with "4T" that is the USA made

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Cardealer2021(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

Thanks but why is it not stealable?
Just few mechanics knows how to fix it and it's very expensive to maintain.

People hardly buy it
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Carparts888(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
Nigerians are not used to hybrid, only very few own it, its very expensive to maintain and repair, very very very few hybrid mechanics in Nigeria, it has no second hand value in Nigeria as people are scared of what they don't understand.

Even if stolen, where would you find who wants to buy it
Its very difficult to sell even if butchered for parts, apart from the headlamps, lights, bssic body parts, the hybrid motor engine , its transmission, hybrid batteries and even brainbox will be extremely difficult to sell especially when stolen.
Even those that buy dead inverter are extremely careful as it has lead to countless arrest not to talk of hybrid that is not even or almost not in demand.
Even a criminal that is very high on Colorado will run from such business.
IN SHORT, IT IS BAD MARKET FOR THE DESPERATE THIEF.
Saxxon:
Thanks bro, so what makes it difficult to steal?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Cardealer2021(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
prophetfire:
. Please why isn't it prone to theft? Please educate me.
The thief can't sell it because it's expensive to maintain and only few mechanics can repair it

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by komodapson(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
Cokahot:
How many ppl go get time dey check plate number of every blue muscle for naija Road,when the person wey dey your front,no sure if he go suddenly step on brakes while on medium speed. Forget that muscle bro,if no tracker,just forget it. If any tracker donbdey disable,pray make the thief no use towing rope ,tow am. Last but not least,it would have been disassembled by now and parts already racing to ladipo for immediate sales. Good luck. Na npf u go play with,and e sure say them go milk u dry.

Jankara, owode onirin and ladipo are notorious for this dastardly act... I pray such does not happen
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Kaypriince(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stories like this they touch person,I don't leave the car wash whenever they're washing my car, I make sure they don't have cars on ground to wash, many of those car wash guys are learners, if them wan reverse na dat time u go know, if them bash your car na only to beg them sabi, u will get back to ur car, report to the police and talk to people around those spare part shops like ladipo and owode.....act fast bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by adonainana: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
9japarts:

Anti Jammers do not jam gps signals, they only jam jamming devices.

That said, we have over 400 vehicles with active live monitoring on our platform. Recovered 3 stolen vehicles in the last two months, one in Uyo, another in Anambra, and another here in Lagos. All reported stolen vehicles were recovered. Car theft has spiked lately.

This would have been impossible if trackers were not installed on the stolen vehicles.

I am talking practicals, not theory.

And for professional thieves, once a professional knows there is a tracker installed, they will rather not steal it.

You have your business products to promote but technology is always tech. There are jamming devices that intefer and completely wipe out any radiating signal within a 3 meters path.

You have been successful in your business tracking cars because I believe as these cars were stolen the thieves had no idea it was being tracked

The most common car thieves in Nigeria are not as exposed or not as literate as you anyone may predict

So once again sir in as much as I understand for your business all cars need to be tracked to aid recovery once stolen but my point to you is it depends on who is stealing the cars you are tracking for them

If I was a thief for instance, if I manage to steal your car at first instance technology won’t helo you track the car or the gps tracker installed on the car. I’m just being honest and being open about this conversation we are having

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
AmALeo:
Good morning everyone.
My car was stolen yesterday (Thursday 10th of March 2022)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Color: Blue
VIN: JTNBB46K973022389
Name of Owner: Oluwasuyi Oluwafemi Dare
Reg number: Lagos State JJJ612GT

The car was stolen by one of the staffs at a car wash around Mobil Filling Station Abijo (along Lekki-Epe Expressway and close to Destiny Homes Estate Abijo). This happened in the evening.
Pls anywhere you see this car, pls notify either of these numbers: 0908 880 9007 or 0806 034 1691 or the nearest police station.

Thank you

Is it the car wash close to warike shopping complex?
If yes. Just forget the car. Those guys there are all criminals.
Those idiots keep chairs like they having a meeting every day. They look you with envy and hatred when you come wash your car.
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by bahdpersona(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
Angelaketu:
hope you have insurance and tracker , pray you find your motor...but where did you see money to buy that big motor ..... how old are you...what do you do for living.... you say oh you re a ya....
lol. You must be so poor to be asking this useless questions
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by stasius: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
LeJeun3:

Who steals a Hybrid??

Na mumu na! angry grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by Sapeleboy911(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
adonainana:

You have your business products to promote but technology is always tech. There are jamming devices that intefer and completely wipe out any radiating signal within a 3 meters path.

You have been successful in your business tracking cars because I believe as these cars were stolen the thieves had no idea it was being tracked

The most common car thieves in Nigeria are not as exposed or not as literate as you anyone may predict

So once again sir in as much as I understand for your business all cars need to be tracked to aid recovery once stolen but my point to you is it depends on who is stealing the cars you are tracking for them

If I was a thief for instance, if I manage to steal your car at first instance technology won’t helo you track the car or the gps tracker installed on the car. I’m just being honest and being open about this conversation we are having
What is the essence of your argument? So because thieves can break into your house anytime means you shouldn't take preventive measures like closing your doors while sleeping.

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by stasius: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
Brother relax.

You will find the car. He will abandon it somewhere and run away.
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by batb: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
9japarts:

When I tell people to install a tracker in their vehicle, they say I am advertising. With just 35k, you can get it done

Albeit, being an hybrid, the thief will eventually abandon it somewhere
Getatout!
Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by 9japarts: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
adonainana:

Criminals that use jammers are not necessarily after your car, they are either hired assassins, or Kidnappers that are trying to cover their trails. And if they know you have a tracker installed, you are too much of a problem.

Like you said, anti jammers do not just jam gps signals, they jam everything within that radius. They won't be able to make calls, just about do anything while it is on. It is too much headache.

And most theft, expecially in cases wev handled, are unplanned. Using an instance of a theft in Anambra at Ukulobia, the vehicle was hijacked during a sit at home while the owner was trying to beat the early curfew to come to Lagos.

The one in Uyo, he went in for a meeting at a house, with pharmaceutical drugs he sells in the car, and the vehicle was stolen.

The one in Lagos, he gave is Mercedes to this people that say they will manage or use it in their fleets and he will get paid, 7 hours after he dropped the car, they had removed the battery head. Had to initiate recovery.

And you do know what you are saying, please don't be a professional car thief cool

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos by 9japarts: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
batb:

Getatout!

grin only people with cars can install trackers o. God will bless you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Vintage Car Queen Elizabeth Rode When She Visited Nigeria In 1956 - Pics / Why The Obsession With 20W50 Engine Oil? / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.