Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (94057 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Only lazy an bitter people think otherwise!

That you say this tells me you know nothing about life.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by fineberry(m): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
So many back and forth for this thread...hahaha....it is well o. Of I have the chance to leave 9ja I won't think twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 10:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

Dont get me wrong, I am Afrocentric in my worldview - nonetheless there is little point denying that other peoples have advanced further in this or that specific field of human endeavor. That takes nothing away from Afro pride of identity in my view.

In what area is Europe more advanced? Google "mali manuscripts"... they left out physics and chemistry on in the reporting because they don't want to admit it. So we've proven scientific equality via the mali manuscripts...

So how exactly is Europe "more advanced"....

If its train we hv trains....
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by darediamond(m): 10:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Like, money for divorce is just for therapy. After divorce, it's expected the man has to pay the woman so she can see a therapist.

So, who will now pay for the man's therapy?

Women are just weird. I still wonder why God created them out of our ribs instead of brain.
This is one of the reasons why Ronaldo is doing the baby mama thing. I do not blame Him at all going by the unfairness to Men.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by McLizbae: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
... "earn big from them" and then get kidnapped and pay all the money as random or unfortunately get killed.
flokii:
Our people don't know that there are more homeless blacks including Nigerians in New York than Lagos.. they see the beautiful parts of "developed" countries and then dream of going there to live a luxurious life only to end up disappointed.

Fix your home country and stop this 'japa' syndrome.
Go into processing of agricultural products and [/b]earn big from them[b] instead of putting all your millions into visa processing to japa.

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
BigBashiru:

In what area is Europe more advanced? Google "mali manuscripts"... they left out physics and chemistry on in the reporting because they don't want to admit it. So we've proven scientific equality via the mali manuscripts...

So how exactly is Europe "more advanced"....

If its train we hv trains....

Unless you are joking, this is the type of deluded Afrocentrism that is comparable to those who say Christ was black.

Not that it matters what a random itinerant Jewish rabbi was.

While we know that much of Africa's history has been either erased or stolen by imperialism, this is no grounds to deny all advancement of other peoples.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

Unless you are joking, this is the type of deluded Afrocentrism that is comparable to those who say Christ was black.

Not that it matters what a random itinerant Jewish rabbi was.

While we know that much of Africa's history has been either erased or stolen by imperialism, this is no grounds to deny all advancement of other peoples.

Which advancement is my question....can you be more specific?? Lots of ppl say UK and Canada and USA is advanced yet wen we ask how exactly, they can't say.

Is it infrastructure?? Nigeria has contracted China Civil Engibeering and Construction Company to build infrastructure all over Nigeria so infrastructure is not a big deal.

So how else are they more developed??

Countries colonised by Britain such as Canada USA Australia and New Zealand are all depressing lonely countries that keep you in the poor/middle class, always working for money and with no social life all the days of ur life...

Someone has shown the fatalities from gun violence in 2 months in USA is more than herdsmen in Nigeria in 6 months....

So how's USA more advanced??

Never mind Quebec(Canada) is currently trying to woo nurses and doctors from Tunisia and the magreb to come work there. Developed country Recruiting from developing country....how ironic....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
BigBashiru:

Which advancement is my question....can you be more specific?? Lots of ppl say UK and Canada and USA is advanced yet wen we ask how exactly, they can't say.

Is it infrastructure?? Nigeria has contracted China Civil Engibeering and Construction Company to build infrastructure all over Nigeria so infrastructure is not a big deal.

So how else are they more developed??

Countries colonised by Britain such as Canada USA Australia and New Zealand are all depressing lonely countries that keep you in the middle class, always working for money and with no social life....

Someone has shown the fatalities from gun violence in 2 months in USA is more than herdsmen in Nigeria in 6 months....

So how's USA more advanced??

Never mind Quebec is currently trying to woo nurses and doctors from Tunisia and the magreb to come work there. Developed country Recruiting from developing country....how ironic....

Technology, Institutions and Information Management.

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Eriokanmi: 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
femijay8271:

Boss, any job vacancy for ur boi
Have you experience in AIM?
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Eriokanmi: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
millionboi:
what are you into?
Meditech and AIM
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

Technology, Institutions and Information Management.

Technology was pioneered in Africa dear. Google "mali manuscripts" or "Timbuktu manuscripts" news of which broke out few days ago.....

The only areas I agree with you are: institutions and information management - we still have a lot of work to do in those area... in fact we are VERY BACKWARD in those areas.... the average Nigerian is docile and unserious and its affecting our institutions....I hope we get it right soon cos I hate abroad....
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by WoundedLamb: 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
manikspears:

Minimum wage in Nigeria is 30,000 naira. I mentioned purchasing power right? if you didn't skip that part while looking for faults.

Hhm... I really don't know why you're getting aggressive. It's a conversation and we're here to put things into perspective. I read you correctly before disagreeing. I think asking who in Nigeria earns up to the American minimum wage is a wrong approach cause Nigerians don't need to earn American minimum wage. This doesn't mean your position is wrong (I don't know enough about Nigeria to argue that). It only means you need other tools to express that instead minimum wage conversion. The fact that you mentioned purchasing power afterwards as a way of buttressing your point doesn't change the fact that you kicked off wrongly. There shouldn't even be a conversion in the first place.

The factors that make living abroad better include the availability of amenities, security and stability. Out there, you have a better control of your expenses (less probability of emergencies), investments will yield better returns, you have higher utilities, and most importantly, the tendency to earn even more. If you want to compare minimum wages, drive it solely by expenses and not exchange rate. The presence of exchange rates makes every other calculation wrong cause the sample earners are in two different countries. That's just my point.

3 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
BigBashiru:

Technology was pioneered in Africa dear. Google "mali manuscripts" news of which broke out few days ago.....

The only areas I agree with you are: institutions and information management - we still have a lot of work to do in those area... in fact we are VERY BACKWARD in those areas.... the average Nigerian is docile and unserious and its affecting our institutions....I hope we get it right soon cos I hate abroad....

Personally, while I enjoy travel, I don't see myself permanently relocating. I am too deeply steeped in my African domicile and identify. I also cannot bear the thought of being any kind of second class citizen anywhere else.

PS: Tech being pioneered in one place doesn't render that place necessarily up to scratch on tech always.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Hhm... I really don't know why you're getting aggressive. It's a conversation and we're here to put things into perspective. I read you correctly before disagreeing. I think asking who in Nigeria earns up to the American minimum wage is a wrong approach cause Nigerians don't need to earn American minimum wage. This doesn't mean your position is wrong (I don't know enough about Nigeria to argue that). It only means you need other tools to express that instead minimum wage conversion. The fact that you mentioned purchasing power afterwards as a way of buttressing your point doesn't change the fact that you kicked off wrongly. There shouldn't even be a conversion in the first place.

The factors that make living abroad better include the availability of amenities, security and stability. Out there, you have a better control of your expenses (less probability of emergencies), investments will yield better returns, you have higher utilities, and most importantly, the tendency to earn even more. If you want to compare minimum wages, drive it solely by expenses and not exchange rate. The presence of exchange rates makes every other calculation wrong cause the sample earners are in two different countries. That's just my point.

Those that live in well planned estates in Nigeria and follow basic rules like no deep night trips have slightly less security than those in the US and Co. If we factor in gun crime in America then I'd say both ppl hv the same level of security. Also if someone is living downtown in most North America cities they have less security than those in well planned estates in Nigeria...

Downtown is full of druggies homeless etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Amalekki: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
So we are now comparing this our very same Nigeria with America of all places? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by DeepSight(m): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amalekki:
So we are now comparing this our very same Nigeria with America of all places? lipsrsealed

Why not: the rich almost everywhere in the world live better than the poor almost everywhere in the world.

And among middle classes experiences vary so wildly that you can have a person in Kenya with a better standard of living than a person in the States.

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Goshiii: 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Olawrites:
There's high cost of living everywhere, like recently in the US, the cost of gas moved from $2 to $5 per liter.

Just know this fact before thinking of travelling.

Don't be caught unaware.

We've had enough stranded Nigerians in the diaspora already. Don't add to it.

Have enough money SAVED before you think of travelling.

Move this to front page please
Point of correction. Gas is sold per gallon in US. Also while I agree say e not easy for diaspora cost of living varies from state to state. There are cities were you go pay $700-$800 for a 2 bedroom apartment.

4 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by kaptaintintin: 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
A.z money no follow o
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Goshiii: 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
BigBashiru:

Technology was pioneered in Africa dear. Google "mali manuscripts" news of which broke out few days ago.....

Well said about the average Nigerian.. People nor understand say living in diaspora comes with it share of wahala

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Amalekki: 12:08am On Mar 13, 2022
DeepSight:
Why not: the rich almost everywhere in the world live better than the poor almost everywhere in the world.

And among middle classes experiences vary so wildly that you can have a person in Kenya with a better standard of living than a person in the States.
You have opted for a very narrow trajectory, out of several available paths, that would even make it a safe assumption that Niger Republic and Haiti could be compared with America grin

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 12:09am On Mar 13, 2022
I don't even know why I'm promoting Nigeria sef...I think I should just keep quiet make all man japa so I can enjoy Nigeria by myself from enugu to calabar to lagos to abuja....

Insecurity remains a major challenge in Nigeria tho....that needs to be fixed ASAP
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2022
Goshiii:

Point of correction. Gas is sold per gallon in US. Also while I agree say e not easy for diaspora cost of living varies from state to state. There are cities were you go pay $700-$800 for a 2 bedroom apartment.

I don't believe ur last sentence....those must be towns with fewer jobs... pls share proof
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Amalekki: 12:20am On Mar 13, 2022
BigBashiru:

I don't believe ur last sentence....those must be towns with fewer jobs... pls share proof
Let me help him.
Fort Worth, TX (Lots of jobs!)
https://www.apartments.com/harmon-villas-fort-worth-tx/532jzwn/

$471
2 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,025 sq ft $350 deposit

2 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2022
Amalekki:

Let me help him.
Fort Worth, TX (Lots of jobs!)
https://www.apartments.com/harmon-villas-fort-worth-tx/532jzwn/

$471
2 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,025 sq ft $350 deposit

Una can make person laugh. 1025 sq feet is a box. That's 1 room. So its not really an apartment. U can't find a 1 bedroom apartment in dallas-Fort Worth for that price...and if u do its prolly a bad neighbourhood with gun shots every night
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by assholemods: 12:44am On Mar 13, 2022
Opeyemic01:
It can't be as bad over there as it is in Nigeria. Things will normalize overtime in US, can you say the same for Nigeria? If I have the means I will also japa, let's go and see what's up there first, nobody should discourage me abeg.
Dog wey go lost no dey hear hunters whistle. Come we are expecting you.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by assholemods: 12:46am On Mar 13, 2022
Limassol:
What is the point of this post? distract? discourage? You talked about rising inflation, but that seems to be a global trend, and not neccessarily unique to the US/west. Nigeria's is 15 percent while it's roughly half that in most western countries. Besides, inflation normally batter the poor most, and a in a country like Nigeria with nonexistent safety net it is even worst. Also, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that would-be emigres have diverse reasons for leaving, for some it is the security and safety western countries offer, while for others a good health care system and stability are major factors.
But majority are leaving for financial reasons which is not always the way they take it to be.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by assholemods: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2022
iLegendd:
This thread is just to make some Nigerians feel happy. They'll say to themselves, "Afterall, I'm not the only one suffering — oyibo dey suffer too."
Of course Oyibo dey suffer lots of them.
Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Bifwoli: 12:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Brexxit:
Rents varies from place to place in the USA

California,New York are high brow expensive areas,there are other American cities with cheaper cost of rent anyone japaing from Nigeria can stay.

As for gas prices I believe they will find a way out of it.

Yup that's 100% true . Over here in the southern states rent is far cheaper and southern states are now gaining population while the north declines.Bigger homes ,cheaper living and far less stress are factors attracting these "transplants" as they call them.

For me as a brown skinned immigrant am doing far better than these native born folks who can't make ends meet(my monthly expenses are like $400 pm for everything yet income is waaaay above) .Let no one discourage others you just have to be smart and work intelligently .

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by Bifwoli: 1:17am On Mar 13, 2022
Kobicove:

Going to a cheaper city in the US also means that your income will be less undecided
Its Not always so. Ask the thousands of Americans moving to live permanently in south. These "transplants" as they call themselves have money tricks that you don't know.Even men as an immigrant knows things to the point i can make lots of $$$ and afford stuff a lot of Americans can only dream about.

Its all in the mind and how your outlook and expectations are.If you keep thinking that "can't do" attitude then life conforms to your expectations.Let me leave this apt quote for you...

"situations and circumstances do colour life,but at least you've been given a mind to choose what the colour shall be"

1 Like

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by BigBashiru: 1:18am On Mar 13, 2022
Bifwoli:
Yup that's 100% true . Over here in the southern states rent is far cheaper and southern states are now gaining population while the north declines.Bigger homes ,cheaper living and far less stress are factors attracting these "transplants" as they call them.

For me as a brown skinned immigrant am doing far better than these native born folks who can't make ends meet(my monthly expenses are like $400 pm for everything yet income is waaaay above) .Let no one discourage others you just have to be smart and work intelligently .

$400 pm all inclusive including accommodation is impossible. U guys just derive joy in lieing and deciet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by assholemods: 1:26am On Mar 13, 2022
manikspears:

Don't mind them, minimum wage is $31k per year na cleaner and messenger work be that o.....oya convert am to naira how many graduates dey make that kind money per year for naija? Even if you consider the purchasing power.
Did you studied Economics at all? What is the basis for comparison when the cost of living are different.
Stop saying what you don't know! Minimum wage in the US is not 31k it varies, it is even less than that in Texas where minimum hourly rate is $7.50/hr
Between how much is the person on 31k going to pay in bills? Have you asked yourself? I am going to use Houston, Texas as an example.. in a relatively safe are on the average this is what you get:
Rent (one bedroom). $ 850/month
Utilities (it varies). $ 250/month
Car insurance (varies). $ 120/month
Phone bill (varies). $. 75/month
Health insurance (co pay that varies)
$350/month
Feeding. $200/month
I am excluding internet and this bill is for a bachelor no family.
You are going to pay tax that varies on the 31k. Your take home without tax is $2,583/ month going by your 31k/year.
Add all those expenses and take off taxes you might be left with just $200 for you to save. What is $200 especially for an African man that has dependants back home?
The example I gave was my own bill when I first got to Texas. Mind you till today the minimum wage in Texas is $7.50/hr if you use that to calculate the bills then you won't even have the $200 left with you, you will even go on the negative. That is why you see people having two jobs which is not easy at all. You never have time for your life and your health will be at risk.
Nevertheless this not saying that American is a bad place to live but just be guided and stop the baseless comparison.

3 Likes

Re: To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) by RodgersAkpafu: 1:29am On Mar 13, 2022
Golan007:

He has bought his house he would be paying for for the next 25 years.

Tell people that part too.
And what's wrong with that ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist / Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.