Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? (20505 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Adewale1603(m): 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
TheWolfen:
Yes
Many times.
I fought my way through it.
The truth is always let your spirit man be sharp. Abstain from anything that bring your spirit to low vibration. . .
That way you can snap outer of it quickly. If you a believer like me you call for Jesus help or as a Muslim Islam proper way for it.
Sleep paralysis is more spiritual than physical. Don't let scientist and people forming stupid woke tell you otherwise
yeah. not everything is science, there are unseen spirits around us that moves besides us without we seeing them. before i do experience it, i will see that loud breeze or air will be blowing from my room window inside and the spirit will press me down during that time frame, I'll not be able to move or speak anything, feels like someone is holding one down, untill the breeze stops and i wake up.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
passion007:

Your own mental laziness is on another level grin

Just use your dam.n phone to cure your ignorance. It takes 1 second to know why there's water inside a coconut

You can make your point without insults you know!!

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
abdsamad:

You're bragging about not knowing a thing that first page Google search will teach you.
Wow!
just wow!

Now you're misunderstanding me. OK. If I say I don't know how sperm turns into a child..
Will that give you a better understanding of what am tryna say?

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by ImaIma1(f): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
I read somewhere that it happens more when you sleep on your back. So I started sleeping on my side and I doubt it has happened since then.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by TheFacelessMan: 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
A great story is forming in my mind ....
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Devil1Messenger: 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Starzo:
I think say na winch dey do am before o
Baba naija own na witch o. Because I dey see say person dey press me until I will start praying and calling the blood of Jesus before i will Be released
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by OlawaleBammie: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:
Anything spiritual has a physical name to cover it up..

Till tomorrow for me. There is nothing normal about sleeping paralysis.

Which stress, which kind over thinking, do children even think? But it happens to children most times
aunty dont mind dem jare

See sister, wen i was experiencing this nonsense ting, my life was so redundant no matter how hard i tried.

Thank God for his mercies.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jakeattah:

Exactly my thought.

I’ve experienced it before, and it was a burden till after anointing and prayer.
It also manifested after I played a particular demonic game.
No matter how much the world tries to cover it, the spirit world is real.

That thing is correct struggling oo
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Premiumwriter: 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
gaventa:
Lol the fact that science has an answer to everything doesn’t really mean it true or FACT. As a matter of fact Science will always have an explanation for everything even if not proven as correct. All reality is not limited to our sense experience. Reality goes beyond sense experience. Think beyond the box
so we should leave science and believe you abi?

What evidence do you have that the world goes beyond our senses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
so many times, i thought am going to die sha.

later did some research about it and am relief
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Salihusaliheen(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
It happens years back when I saw something in white cloth opening a door after the occurrence.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Wilyvibes(m): 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
Don't mind them ..na your mate!! undecided
Medianna:

Which stress, which kind over thinking, do children even think? But it happens to children most times
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by spafu(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Senomii:

Never knew it was caused by overthinking at night
It's not over thinking but when your body is tired or stressed and it goes to sleep before your subconscious mind shuts down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by manikspears: 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Leave them......because oyinbo gave them a name for it. That is how some people will keep sugar coating their spiritual problems.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Pootle: 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
have you ever wake up to see your body on the bed and you standing waiting for your body
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by spafu(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Not everything is spiritual, in the sense we like to say it. Man is a spirit living in a physical body. When your physical body us stressed such as forcing yourself to stay awake to work at night, when.you finally go to sleep, because the physical body was sleep deprived, it may sleep of much before the subconscious mind had also shutdown. It's the weight of your sleeping physical body on the subconscious mind that is still alert that gives you that effort of paralysis.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by airsaylongcome: 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Technology is different from nature...leave that one. Till date can you explain how water is inside coconut??

Everything in nature is bound by the laws of physics. Sleep Paralysis is one of them. It's a protective measure by the body so people don't act out things

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by vincentcena22: 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sleep paralysis is a demonic attack ( oppression) . I have faced it constantly before, but now I'm free only by Jesus Christ. The key to stopping it, is to build ur spiritual strength 2ru prayer and fasting to draw strength from the heavenly Father ( Almighty God). Talking from experience
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by BJanta: 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Meektunz:
I've often times heard people talk about it, infact about 90% of Nigerians attribute it to witchcraft attack. It finally happened to me for the first time in my life. It was a terrible experience, after waking up I felt like trully someone pressed my neck.

I don't know the cause, but was intermittently experiencing for a very long time until I discovered that it always came anytime I slept spreadeagle - face down. Since then I always arranged myself properly before I sleep. And anytime I'm careless about the manner in which I sleep, it's almost always sure to happen. The way I look at it is, as if at that point your spirit is struggling to repossess your body , maybe after having been slightly dislocated from the body by whatever means. All that subconscious this and that is fake theory that even psychologists rarely talk about again. We know now that man is a spirit, dwells in a body and has a soul. Psychology studies and forecasts about the soul, and not about the spirit. Only the Bible gives us full understanding.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by silibaba: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Meektunz:
I've often times heard people talk about it, infact about 90% of Nigerians attribute it to witchcraft attack. It finally happened to me for the first time in my life. It was a terrible experience, after waking up I felt like trully someone pressed my neck.

Only mentioning JESUS is all you need to stand up from that circumstance

Is a simple stuff.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
A gateway to lucid dreaming and astral projection.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Uncountable times.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nmezor(f): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
I have, wasn't a cool experience @ all.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Meektunz:
I've often times heard people talk about it, in fact about 90% of Nigerians attribute it to witchcraft attack. It finally happened to me for the first time in my life. It was a terrible experience, after waking up I felt like truly someone pressed my neck.

mine was constant when I was around 14 to 19

Got used to it that I could somehow open my eyes but what I saw on a particular night ehh when I opened my eyes??

I thank God I didn't suffer cardiac arrest

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by IvarDboneless: 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Meektunz:
Seems its common among the male folks...I went as far as researching about incubus and sucubus...
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by folake4u(f): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hmmmm. I've experienced this severally and it's not funny. I'd wake up with marks over all my face and skin.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by cescky(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

You summed it up perfectly..
And that's how devil sets traps for humanity..
I had a bad dream, some days ago, chest pain when i woke up.. Went to the hospital to make sure everything was fine.. They said my bp was high,..., gave me drugs alright. But few days later fiam, blood pressure is back to normal.

Of course scientists have stated there's no known root cause for bp.. My point is the physical and spiritual are interconnected. When one is attacked spiritually (if one isn't very prayerful) it will lead to a lot of internal discomfort, eg bp rising, etc, next docs would recommend all sorts... When what one needs is a strong prayer life, good, healthy food and rest... This is unfortunately the same way people are attacked in their sleep and they pass on.. Docs will categorize it as heart attack.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by jimyjames(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ti33:
Many times I don't know if it is because of my health condition

Please forgive me, if I can help myself I won't be begging, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland, my name is Celestine am 30 year of age frm Enugu State, Awgu L G A.
For d past 14yrs now I had an injury that damage my spinal cord at d neck.Which resulted in me been unable to walk.which also affected my upper limps causing me not able to push my wheelchair on myself around to some level or do some activities.
have been managing with it since then because of my aged mom that took care of me for all these years. I can't make a living because my hands is patialy affected due to my injury. problem is that life have been very hard for us lately and my mother diabetic, to buy food and drugs is hard, my family have been supporting us but the burden be is too heavy. .Having persistent pains and pressure sore and spasms, and infection of d urinary tract s there was no forms of regular treatments for me
because am not able treat myself no money for hospital and medical need like supplements, .diaper, drugs, etc. Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid I need your financial help to enable go for medical,no matter how little it will enable us buy medications and food and other basic needs for my daily SCI cares. I depend some medical supplies for survival .more details,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fmk7HiPu4

Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video/ physical verifications thanks.
What is your exact level of injury, is it c6 or c7?
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 1Sharon(f): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
I don't know if what I experienced is sleep paralysis but I've woken up before "my time"

Meaning I've woken up when my body was still paralysed, I was unable to move and objects in my room looked threatening. A few minutes later the paralysis wore off and everything looked normal

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by koolaid87: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
You know you're a regular customer when you find it easy to break out of it easily.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by koolaid87: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
quote author=1Sharon post=110970446]I don't know if what I experienced is sleep paralysis but I've woken up before "my time"

Meaning I've woken up when my body was still paralysed, I was unable to move and objects in my room looked threatening. A few minutes later the paralysis wore off and everything looked normal[/quote]

Thats it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Disagrees With NCDC, Says Kogi Is COVID-19 Free / COVID-19 Cases Rise To 28,000 In Africa — WHO / Man Slumps, Dies Outside Access Bank Hall In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.