Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? (20519 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2022
1Sharon:

Despite giving a scientific explanation, you still want to make it supernatural.

What you saw might be very real to you, but it doesn't exist in reality.

No need to argue sisi

there's more to what the eyes see wink

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Igwe29(m): 8:14am On Mar 13, 2022
Like serieriously I don't know it happens to another person. It's very, very scary.

It happened to me lately last year, and it was mostly when I sleep in the afternoon, when there's no one at home. That made it very scary.

I would wake up, very conscious but I couldn't be able to get up from the bed. My ears would be buzzing with series of deafening noise. It would seem as if someone is close to me.

If I attempt to scream, the cacophony would increase causing a very painful switch in my ears.

I thought I was under spiritual attack. Mehn! It was scary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by gaventa: 8:55am On Mar 13, 2022
It’s still balls down to the same thing I have said earlier ,scientific theory ’ is as good as it ever gets. Science will always arrive at an explanation even if not correct, don’t forget Elon musk just killed over 15 chimpanzees but no one is saying anything about science not being true in this case. Remember how COVID 19 was predicted to cause a lot of havoc in Africa and till date they are still carrying out so many experiments to ascertain why it wasn’t despite saying our hot environment won’t prevent it effects. Experimental science doesn’t deal in truth, it deals in probability. If you look at a research paper you will see the term p-value stated in the results. There is a reason for that. This gives the probability of the result not having been due to random chance. At the long run , some results would be generally accepted even if not true while still subject to further research. Fact isn't something that's known or proven to be true it's something that's considered self evident or generally accepted as being correct which is different from true. In science nothing is ever considered ‘proven’ or even ‘true’ as such a fact is considered true if its negation has been disproved. Science is limited by the unique tools at its disposal, Science can only answer questions about the natural world that can be determined through observation and experimentation.Science is the unraveling of the mystery behind Nature, there is no big deal and it’s not limited to the western world. However say there is no such thing as supernatural is really hilarious. do you think the scientific explanations for UFO’s and Dejavu are really logical ?? Take it or you leave it somethings will never be explainable. This is not about religion rather personal experiences.
Premiumwriter:
grin

Illiteracy is a disease.

There was a time people believed that the rising of the sun was spiritual. They believed it was a god riding a fiery horse of flame.

If you told them that it's just the earth rotating round the sun, they would probably scorned you or worst kill you for blasphemy against that god.

There was a time people believed that the water in coconut was a mystery. There was a time people believed that God put the earth at the center of the universe and the moon and sun are rotating around it.

There was a time people believed that twins are evil or have super powers.

All these were attributed to the nonexistent spiritual world because people then have no understanding.

But as the light of science shone on them, we threw away such ridiculous hypothesis.

Open your eyes. Everything has a reason and is fully physical.

Because we don't have the explanation now doesn't mean we'll rest or leave it as spiritual.

Wake up man.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Babanah: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2022
E2000:
You may not believe me but I speak the truth. Sleep paralysis can be caused by Ulcer. Ever since I treated my Ulcer and stay away from hunger I no longer experience it.

The is nothing ‘spiritual’ about this phenomenon. What happens is, to put it simply is the brain shifts it’s ‘gear’ into neutral kind of disconnects from the body. The reason for this is because the brain continues to function while we are immobilized (asleep), hopefully safely in bed. Otherwise how could it perform other important functions like sorting and storing of information? Hence we dream but at the same time remain immobile.
The so called “paralysis” is experienced when the brain is about to re-engage the body but it’s a bit slow. Say a slit second between when we regain consciousness and when the brain reconnects to the body.
All hail the Brain, the most fascinating organ to study.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Disagrees With NCDC, Says Kogi Is COVID-19 Free / How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect / COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Eti-osa Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.